New Character Development System: Master Level.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New Character Development System: Master Level.
New Character Development System: Master Level.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 19 20 21
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-11-09 16:27:19
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
A simple JSE only inventory. Change jobs, boom all your JSE at their current upgrade are there. Could do necks, capes, and the various other job specific accessories available.

Yup, this. Give me at least 30 inventory slots (50 or 80 if it's not too much of a system strain) for each job in its own special job wardrobe, only accessible when you're on that job.

Toss your reforged AF/relic/empy gear in there, a couple job-specific weapons, JSE neck, however many JSE capes you have. Already looking at 20+ slots right there (maybe 40+ if you are rocking 19 capes for a job lol)

And some room for other stuff you only use on that job. For example, Drain gear that I use for DRK only, DRK or SMN specific Su3 armor, certain pet gear that I only use for PUP, gear that can be used by multiple jobs but you only play one of them (I'd buy Agwu pieces for niche RUN lunge use then)...
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-09 16:29:23
Link | Citer | R

I'm contractually obligated to say that I've been asking for exactly that for over a decade.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-11-09 16:33:35
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

0:30 to 0:50 is all of us.

Also 1:40 lol...
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-09 16:50:17
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
Worry less about getting capes and worry more about getting some *** on your *** lmao

The CAUSE of the problem is getting the *** on your ***.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
failing to recognize the illness is the first red flag of an illness

I think that the first red flag is when it burns when you pee.

I'm a White Mage. I know things about staying healed.
By Vaerix 2021-11-09 17:09:07
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
(I'd buy Agwu pieces for niche RUN lunge use then)...

I did this, never looked back RIP inv-5 but kinda cool when you can MB Lunge for almost 50k. I never really noticed the CD on lunge before it became useful though, which makes it hurt Mort that it's such a long CD.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-11-09 18:15:45
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
A simple JSE only inventory. Change jobs, boom all your JSE at their current upgrade are there. Could do necks, capes, and the various other job specific accessories available.

Yup, this. Give me at least 30 inventory slots (50 or 80 if it's not too much of a system strain) for each job in its own special job wardrobe, only accessible when you're on that job.

Toss your reforged AF/relic/empy gear in there, a couple job-specific weapons, JSE neck, however many JSE capes you have. Already looking at 20+ slots right there (maybe 40+ if you are rocking 19 capes for a job lol)

And some room for other stuff you only use on that job. For example, Drain gear that I use for DRK only, DRK or SMN specific Su3 armor, certain pet gear that I only use for PUP, gear that can be used by multiple jobs but you only play one of them (I'd buy Agwu pieces for niche RUN lunge use then)...

This is how moogle slips should have worked TBH
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-11-09 18:16:12
Link | Citer | R

Legs can be good for FC as well.

Samnuha Coat is still better then Agwu's body.
By Vaerix 2021-11-09 20:02:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bippin said: »
Legs can be good for FC as well.

Samnuha Coat is still better then Agwu's body.

Literally just got a maxed coat this week from decanters but until I had it 5/5 Agwu is pretty beastly
[+]
 Lakshmi.Fivestarplayer
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Fivestarplayer 2021-11-09 21:36:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
Worry less about getting capes and worry more about getting some *** on your *** lmao

The CAUSE of the problem is getting the *** on your ***.

Maybe if you had more capes. *** love capes.
[+]
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2021-11-09 23:30:29
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
One of the biggest complaints people have is that even with 4 mog wardrobes inventory space is still an issue.
It is, but the solution is not to unify everything into 2 or 3 god-sets, but to improve the way inventory is organized (which will obviously never happen without some sort of major technical rework).
By Zubis 2021-11-09 23:41:46
Link | Citer | R

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/58770-November-10-2021-%28JST%29-Version-Update

Increasing one’s master level will increase both basic attributes and the maximum level of one’s support job.

!!!

Quote:
A new system, Master Levels, has been added.

What are master levels?
Master levels are a new job advancement system for those jobs for which a player has achieved job master status.
Increasing one’s master level will increase both basic attributes and the maximum level of one’s support job.

Unlocking the Master Levels feature.
Players must speak with the Nomad Moogle in Ru’Lude Gardens (H-5) after meeting the following conditions in order to receive the Master Breaker key item.

• Be level 99 in your current job.

• Have achieved job master status in your current job.

Gaining master levels.
Players will earn exemplar point by defeating enemies while the following conditions are true.

• Be in possession of the Master Breaker key item.

• Be level 99 in your current job.

• Have achieved job master status in your current job.

• Defeat an enemies whose strength as displayed with /check is Easy Prey or higher.

Increasing Your Master Level
Your master level starts at 0.
Your master level will increase when you accumulate a certain number of experience points, and you will receive the following benefits.

• For every mastery level you earn, you and your pet’s basic attributes and combat/magic skill caps will be increased.

• For every five mastery levels your earn, your support job level cap will be increased by 1.

Notes

• Enemy strength as displayed by /check only serves as a rough guide as to whether or not you will earn exemplar points for defeating a foe. Note that enemies who /check as “Took Weak” may still yield experience and limit points.

• “Style-change” abilities such as Composure remain unusable even if your support job is level 50 or higher.

• Exemplar point gains are unaffected by rings and other equipment earned from various campaigns that confer a bonus to experience point gains.

• Players will lose a certain amount of exemplar points if they are defeated.

• Master level can decrease when knocked out if the amount of exemplar points lost would push them below the threshold of the previous level.

• A certain amount of lost exemplar points will be returns if a player is brought back from the brink by effects such as the white magic spells Raise and Reraise.

Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2021-11-09 23:43:16
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
For every mastery level you earn, you and your pet’s basic attributes and combat/magic skill caps will be increased

Yay
Also if there if increased skill cap applies to puppets it will increase its weaponskill damage.
By Draylo 2021-11-09 23:44:25
Link | Citer | R

Remember those ppl complaining earlier in the thread? That's why you wait before you complain. We didn't have all the information
[+]
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-11-09 23:46:25
Link | Citer | R

This might possibly push RDM temper2 more depending on how many magic skill per level.
 Bismarck.Indigla
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2021-11-09 23:51:28
Link | Citer | R

Looking through spells, assuming we get 2 subjob levels with this update, some nice changes for RDM and other other jobs that use WHM and SCH subs.

https://www.ffxiah.com/search/item?&description=lv.50#adv
https://www.ffxiah.com/search/item?&description=lv.51#adv

/WHM gets Curaga III
/SCH gets Stona
/PLD gets Raise
By Zubis 2021-11-09 23:52:27
Link | Citer | R

/WAR Double Attack Bonus will go from 10% at 49 to 12% at 50.
[+]
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-11-09 23:53:06
Link | Citer | R

If they allow Valiance on /RUN that would be hot
 Bismarck.Indigla
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2021-11-09 23:54:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aburaage said: »
If they allow Valiance on /RUN that would be hot
If /RUN can get to 58 eventually PLD will get Foil :-o
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-10 00:35:28
Link | Citer | R

Well.

"SE completely breaks the *** game and all balance that ever pretended to exist"

Was absolutely not on my bingo card for how this would go. So there's that.

But how you get the levels was exactly as expected, and the bots being capped in a couple days was as well.
 Sylph.Ketsui
Serveur: Sylph
user: Lutia
By Sylph.Ketsui 2021-11-10 00:46:03
Link | Citer | R

(Just an idea on how I would have implemented this)

The only reason they would introduce something like "Master Level Sync" is that Master Level 01 is actually Level 01.

We're gonna populate the starting zones again, fight 50 Wild Rabbits for Level 2 and Valkurm Dunes Parties are going to be the new awesome.

I would totally love this and it's a great way to use classic content that isn't used anymore.

It also means that master should cap at 99 and sub at 68.

Famous last words: "I think we can try pugils now"
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
Serveur: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2021-11-10 01:40:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
"SE completely breaks the *** game and all balance that ever pretended to exist"

or created some balance depending on how you look at it

since 2013 they've simulated leveling up main jobs, from 99, to iLvl 119, to job points/gifts. meanwhile, support job's usefulness has effectively been frozen at the same level for the past 8 years
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-11-10 02:28:17
Link | Citer | R

10ML is not a cap now, we have ppl in LS who hit 11
[+]
 Bahamut.Newzarb
Serveur: Bahamut
user: newzarb
By Bahamut.Newzarb 2021-11-10 03:49:16
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Master level can decrease when knocked out if the amount of exemplar points lost would push them below the threshold of the previous level.

Having an XP buffer is so 2006 2021
By alzeerffxi 2021-11-10 03:51:25
Link | Citer | R

What level was ward batuta again
By RadialArcana 2021-11-10 03:53:45
Link | Citer | R

Soo does this change trusts? Does their subjob increase, do they get new abilities.

Hp/MP increases?
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-11-10 04:07:27
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
Master rank cap is HIGHER than 10 atm, cofirmed lvl 11+

we're done for now..

Super Jump conformed for SAM/drg...

Confirmed valiance for /run

Guyford said: »
we hit 16 now still going

Shiva.Berzerk said: »
While this is very grindy, you don't have to do anything except talk to Nomad Moogle once and then passively farm these. Don't have to go get status or do any limit break/spending to slow you down (so far). This is great.

Each Master level seems to be:
HP +7
MP +2
All Attributes +1

If this goes to Master Level 99 then:
HP +693, MP+198 All Stats +99
Also some other awesome things depending on subjob unlocks, if get to 68 this is gonna be cool to see.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2021-11-10 04:16:47
Link | Citer | R

alzeerffxi said: »
Level Merit Points
By alzeerffxi 2021-11-10 04:32:10
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Zeto said: »
alzeerffxi said: »
Level Merit Points
NOOOOOOOOOoOoOoOoOiOoOooOooo pepesad
 Asura.Azimarr
user: Azimar
By Asura.Azimarr 2021-11-10 04:32:18
Link | Citer | R

Was doing a couple lvls on pup, Automaton was getting +1 to all stats and +10 to skills. You do however have to dismiss pet then resummon for effects to show upon lvling. Much like when lvling with trusts, needing to resummon them to be at current lvl.
By Aerix 2021-11-10 04:34:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Azimarr said: »
Was doing a couple lvls on pup, Automaton was getting +1 to all stats and +10 to skills. You do however have to dismiss pet then resummon for effects to show upon lvling. Much like when lvling with trusts, needing to resummon them to be at current lvl.

How many master levels did you need for +10 to maton skills? If this scales up significantly that could be pretty huge for the job.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 19 20 21