Wise Cap Or Elite Beret For RDM?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Wise Cap or Elite Beret for RDM?
Wise Cap or Elite Beret for RDM?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Bahamut.Habs
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: habs
By Bahamut.Habs 2009-10-30 11:25:35
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Scarmiglione
Serveur: Ramuh
user: afranko22
By Ramuh.Scarmiglione 2009-10-30 11:36:56
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Habs said:
lol you guys are the ones outta line,not me.my op said that theres never a reason to wear either hat over af because of fastcast.eventually i conceded that perhaps zippy could use the elite beret.i wear af 1 not af. takes what it takes to be the best?whats that require 1 yr of salvage and 25 million? some of the points that have been tossed about erants are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.you in paricular seem to be the most hardheaded.i put what i wear to show that im not wearing any errants.or need it.since when is your opinion more valid than mine? some even objected to fastcast,and im called a troll?the fact that i dont use a spacebar somehow makes my opinions less worthy? again im not sure who elected you the keeper of rdm gear and opinions.since thats all your giving,is an opinion. yes i worry about vit-,moreso than landing a feeb that theres no reason to toss .how often are you actually useing your errants body...?think about it really,do you actually use it at all?are you killing hnm's so often that youd think the extra int/mnd will help?from what ive seem rdms arnt required to feeb hnm's.and more often than not para/slow 2 wont stick no matter how much int/mnd u stack. so your basically a cookie cutter rdm.i wear what i wear because ive learned what i need.and i could care less what you say really,since i have little respect for you or your opinions.

I don't know about you, but with my AH + assault + nyzul gear, I can land enfeeblies on alot of NMs. I silence Suzaku, if that says anything anymore, and I think I have a SS somewhere. Errant body is a HMP, nuking and enfeebling piece on lesser mobs that I don't need the extra skill. Spacebar is your friend, you will type more intelligently and your opinion will be taken more serious. I'm not the keeper, just one of the people that like playing with trolls. I don't know where you have been but RDMs job is enfeebling, with healing secondary. Not everything is a damn ToAU xp mob, which is what you have grown up on. Some things take enfeeblies to make it alot easier on the group.
You came out calling us stupid for suggesting something other than lolAFhatfastcast. How are you not the troll here?
 Fairy.Arcarsenal
Serveur: Fairy
By Fairy.Arcarsenal 2009-10-30 11:39:31
Link | Citer | R

Well I get Slow II to stick on pretty much everything I fight, HNMs included. Paralyze II is a bit different because many NMs are outright resistant to paralyze. Going from the base 33% slow to 39% slow, or an extra paralyze proc, can often times be the difference between a tank getting shadows up in time or taking a hit, which is why we strive for max potency via MND set-ups on enfeebles.

Also, do you not know about gear swaps? They can easily eliminate any concerns you have about idling in Errant or other gears, and still allow you to achieve max potency (or close to it) with your enfeebles.

Here, this is my enfeebling set, with a mix of skill, macc, and a large chunk of MND. The ammo slot I use is actually a Sturm's Report but that is not in the LS community database yet. It's not the best, but it should give you an idea of what sort of set up provides the greatest utility for enfeebles.

http://www.ffxiah.com/members/?q=item_sets&set_id=118698

IMMEDIATELY after I cast in that set I switch to this one:

http://www.ffxiah.com/members/?q=item_sets&set_id=118700

The missing ring is a Patronus Ring (also not in the database yet), bringing me to 35% -PDT. Even if I stayed in Errant, it would not matter. Stoneskin, protect, and a good -pdt set will ensure you never get one-shotted except in the most extreme of circumstances.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-30 11:40:13
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Habs said:
from what ive seem rdms arnt required to feeb hnm's.and more often than not para/slow 2 wont stick no matter how much int/mnd u stack.

Lol I take it you have never ever fought an HNM. For one its enfeebling skill/macc that you need to stack to land and mnd to affect the potency of those... and if your not enfeebling them your doing something way wrong and hurting your group.
 Ramuh.Scarmiglione
By Ramuh.Scarmiglione 2009-10-30 11:40:16
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Rowland said:
I may accompany you to a zipacna. All I'd want is zenith mitts but I'm in no real rush to get them since I have vicious mufflers and goliard hands. The water is easy, Olla is the hard part.

I hear Olla isnt too bad with a few SMNs, which I have. I may cave and just buy the water. I was looking at the MP on the hands to maybe help with a latent ring for BRD as well as BLM, but then again I am a firm believer of skill over MAB. I love my Wizard hands and don't know if I could replace them yet.
 Alexander.Nepharite
Serveur: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2009-10-30 11:41:31
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Habs said:
Ramuh.Scarmiglione said:
Bahamut.Habs said:
wow you guys are the dumbest buncha boobs ive ever had the displeasure of reading.
I read that and am surprised you didn't get the hint that it was you that was out of line. Come on troll, just go back to your hole so we can help the OP out. You havent had a complaint because you never do anything special. You blaze your own trail? Does that mean you fall into the typical "I play my own way and wear my AF at 75 you can't tell me what to wear" sort of nooby-ness? Come on, thats something we would see out of someone that has played for a few months tops. Noone cares what you wear, but don't give anyone advice on it, lest you ruin their mind. Here's some food for thought for you, people do what is successful and what it takes to be the best, with a few rare exceptions(you). Why would people not want to be the best at their jobs? Spell check and grammar are our friends, its almost too hard to read that pile of jargon you keep spewing out.

lol you guys are the ones outta line,not me.my op said that theres never a reason to wear either hat over af because of fastcast.eventually i conceded that perhaps zippy could use the elite beret.i wear af 1 not af.

takes what it takes to be the best?whats that require 1 yr of salvage and 25 million?

some of the points that have been tossed about erants are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.you in paricular seem to be the most hardheaded.i put what i wear to show that im not wearing any errants.or need it.since when is your opinion more valid than mine?

some even objected to fastcast,and im called a troll?the fact that i dont use a spacebar somehow makes my opinions less worthy?

again im not sure who elected you the keeper of rdm gear and opinions.since thats all your giving,is an opinion.

yes i worry about vit-,moreso than landing a feeb that theres no reason to toss .how often are you actually useing your errants body...?think about it really,do you actually use it at all?are you killing hnm's so often that youd think the extra int/mnd will help?from what ive seem rdms arnt required to feeb hnm's.and more often than not para/slow 2 wont stick no matter how much int/mnd u stack.

so your basically a cookie cutter rdm.i wear what i wear because ive learned what i need.and i could care less what you say really,since i have little respect for you or your opinions.

and you wonder why your enfeebs wont stick with your vit+ and fast cast gear?
[+]
 Ramuh.Scarmiglione
By Ramuh.Scarmiglione 2009-10-30 11:49:36
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Nepharite said:
and you wonder why your enfeebs wont stick with your vit and fast cast gear?

I would give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he is just ignornant. Maybe he enjoys RDM as a main healer/campaign waste. Not sure he can do too much other than tank campaign mobs with VIT gear. This has been one of funnest trolls I have seen, fun enough for me to actually comment on it.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-30 11:49:53
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Scarmiglione said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
I may accompany you to a zipacna. All I'd want is zenith mitts but I'm in no real rush to get them since I have vicious mufflers and goliard hands. The water is easy, Olla is the hard part.
I hear Olla isnt too bad with a few SMNs, which I have. I may cave and just buy the water. I was looking at the MP on the hands to maybe help with a latent ring for BRD as well as BLM, but then again I am a firm believer of skill over MAB. I love my Wizard hands and don't know if I could replace them yet.

Depends on what your fighting. Generally only pretty resistant HNMs do I pull out the af gloves on and that's all I will swap for skill vs int/mab. Also I have Zmitts and I only use them to convet and still nuke in Vmufflers. Something about being able to to see yellow and automatically know my sorc ring is working is nice. Also I love seeing people full cure me 10 times in a row without wondering whats wrong when we aren't fighting
 Bahamut.Habs
user: habs
By Bahamut.Habs 2009-10-30 11:53:55
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2009-10-30 11:57:31
Link | Citer | R

gear macros?
 Lakshmi.Prinnysmash
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Prinnysmash 2009-10-30 11:58:09
Link | Citer | R

gear macros?
 Alexander.Nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2009-10-30 11:58:30
Link | Citer | R

i need gear macros explained to me
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-30 11:59:31
Link | Citer | R

its a recipe to make chicken broth
 Ramuh.Scarmiglione
By Ramuh.Scarmiglione 2009-10-30 12:00:37
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Habs said:
lol tau,your assuming alot.so you think tossing feebs at khimira or kirin is a good idea?i consider that a waste of mp(i did get bind to stick on kirin once,i stick to bio 3 ty).and yes technical;y feeb is rdm's first concern.but theres places where feebs dont stick on nms no matter what amount of skill/int/mnd gear you wear. i havent meripo'd tau in years btw,im not a meripo wonder.my last meripo i got 7 merits and it burned me out.after capping rdm merits i dont meripo.when i lvld rdm,every party had a blm and a whm.how do you feel about that? and yes i consider the brown condom and elite beret less worthy than the regular af hat with fastcast.since when has fastcast been considered crap?havent you ever felt the need to get a fastcast cure 3 under a whms cure 5 to keep a pal alive?what hnms would need you to wear an elite beret and full errants.over rdm af and perhaps mahatma pants?what hnm would that be exacally?

Yep, cure ***. I don't wear full errant to enfeeble, nor anyone else. Enfeebling skill, you can keep, like AF body and relic hat, along with enfeebling torque. In some cases, you need additional MND and INT to land enfeebles, more than blood legs and AF add. You said you don't wear any errant, that includes Mahatma legs. Blood gear and/or AF are not better than Goliard or even errant (errant for White enfeebles). You are old school, too much to survive doing anything other than /WHM and curing. The job has evolved, so should you. Tell me, which is more important, landing something or making sure the recast is 1 second faster?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-30 12:02:43
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Habs said:
lol tau,your assuming alot.so you think tossing feebs at khimira or kirin is a good idea?i consider that a waste of mp(i did get bind to stick on kirin once,i stick to bio 3 ty).and yes technical;y feeb is rdm's first concern.but theres places where feebs dont stick on nms no matter what amount of skill/int/mnd gear you wear.

Really bind? Cmon that's a solo or were wiping spell. You should be paralyzing it and get yourself 330+ skill and yeah you can. And khim it really helps damn thing is angry meleeing you. Guess what bio is unresistable!!! That's right mobs immune to dark element will still take dot from it. The only way you could not land bio is if the mob had magic shield up... then again the fact that you mention it like its an accomplishment really goes hand in hand with your general lack of knowledge of the game. And really you should've been using dia anyways. Oh I have noticed your posting now and still don't have an avatar... I got one for you

User submitted image
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-30 12:03:06
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

I hate that wordddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd.
 Alexander.Nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2009-10-30 12:08:10
Link | Citer | R

so is there like anymore serious rdm questions here? or is it just habs telling us the wonders of rdm and his intriguing views on it?
 Ramuh.Scarmiglione
By Ramuh.Scarmiglione 2009-10-30 12:10:22
Link | Citer | R

I don't know, is it me or is it habs? I sure hope it isnt me, I don't want to troll a thread like he did.

OP: either one is a macro piece, use what you feel more comfortable with. There is no right or wrong answer, other than Habs being wrong.
 Leviathan.Webjester
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2009-10-30 12:12:48
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Scarmiglione said:
OP: either one is a macro piece, use what you feel more comfortable with.

Also, The beret looks cooler.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-10-30 12:15:14
Link | Citer | R

Oh my god, I can't believe this... ARGH. Leave RDM. NOW. Bahamut is the server where Red Mages go to die painful deaths.

Okay... serious answer, contempt aside. Wise Cap is the superior hat unless you are casting dark magic (where the skill number is important). Start in AF hat, end in potency/accuracy hat, finish in AF2 hat (or whatever if no AF2 hat); this is true of most spells.

Ignore the points about -VIT etc above because you do not idle in Errant Body therefore the SMALL deficit to defensive stats makes negligable difference.

There is no situation in the game I would rather shave 1-2s off Bind and risk resists over reducing resists. At all. As for non-solo enfeebles... Slow is about the largest recast you get there? Not. Worth it.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-30 12:16:36
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

broth broth broth broth broth broth BROTH BROTH BROTH BROTH!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-30 12:21:12
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Okay... serious answer, contempt aside. Wise Cap is the superior hat unless you are casting dark magic (where the skill number is important).

That might be true if elite beret actually had dark skill on it...
 Ragnarok.Anye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-10-30 12:22:57
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
User submitted image

Oh, holy ***. I hope that long term declarative area is meant to be under the temporal lobe... :(

The NMDA receptor caption at the right is spot-on, though. :3 Carry on!
 Bahamut.Pjohn
user: Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2009-10-30 12:29:42
Link | Citer | R

OK Habs I got your back!!!!!

Habs is generally a nice person in game.

Any non-relic hat RDM that I have seen solo anything wears an Elite.
I think all wise gear is crap and wouldn't waste my time with the -inv for the rarest situation you could use any of it.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-30 12:34:13
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

User submitted image
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-10-30 12:35:15
Link | Citer | R

/slap Haseyo and KFH cut it out. Get out.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-30 12:35:18
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

User submitted image

User submitted image
 Fairy.Tbest
Serveur: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-30 12:36:57
Link | Citer | R

I'd say wise over elite tbh. But... You can buy/aug 3 elite for 1 wise on my server. >.> Might get some int/mnd/skill/m. acc/etc. ya never know.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8