What Do You Want From EMPY+3?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What do you want from EMPY+3?
What do you want from EMPY+3?
By Nariont 2021-11-02 03:09:51
Link | Citer | R

If ftp doesnt transfer it mayswell be 1 hit on WS with only 2~3 hits with high scaling ftp
[+]
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Rudra
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2021-11-02 10:40:54
Link | Citer | R

I hope that Boii body/feet become the next two pieces in the ukon am3 set, so we dont have to bother doing ws's with this weapon anymore
By SimonSes 2021-11-02 10:43:18
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Yiazmaat said: »
I hope that Boii body/feet become the next two pieces in the ukon am3 set, so we dont have to bother doing ws's with this weapon anymore

They would need to boost set % activation. 2% to make double damage is only +2% white DPS.
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2021-11-02 11:37:33
Link | Citer | R

I was pointing the Ga skills and crit dmg mostly. Also it seems logic that the set bonus should be enhanced via upgrades, but who knows what they're able of.
Edit : they're able to lower it or suppress it lol
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2021-11-02 11:40:24
Link | Citer | R

And +3 hands could give restraint phys dmg limit+ when you wear the gloves while its active
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2021-11-02 11:42:43
Link | Citer | R

I hope they do something awesome with SMN. They should add two abilities that would make smn more useful. Something like Spirits Favor and Astral Companion. They would allow a smn to have a spirit and an avatar out at the same time and both would give an aura to the party, but spirits would give the stat associated with their element (i.e., fire=STR, water=mind). It would be glorious.
By FaeQueenCory 2021-11-02 11:50:29
Link | Citer | R

The only things I want/need from it would be that they not repeat the WSdmg/MBB issue that NIN has for the sets.

It would be interesting if they followed one of the reasons the empy sets were a departure from the artifact and relic sets, though I am sure they won't: the sets have a focus on skill+
I am fairly sure the +3s will have the regular +4 to the relevant skills from the +1s... But it would be an interesting thing if they had more skill gain from the +2~3ing than the relic or artifact sets get.

But what's most likely to happen is a simple +10 to the base stats, bring any Accs up to 40~45, any attacks up to a similar degree, add 4 to any of the skill+ they have, increase their evasion/Meva/MDB by a bit, and give some jobs a WSdmg+10% and others a MBB/II+n% piece.

It really can be any of them, but I suspect that some things like NIN's body and SAM's hands are the ones to get the WSdmg. It would make sense to give DRK and PLD's feet MBB/II, but I'm not sure they will... if they did, those would be the pieces to get it.

Hoping for anything more than the paint-by-numbers of simple addition is setting oneself up for disappointment.
 Asura.Iamaman
Serveur: Asura
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2021-11-02 12:17:43
Link | Citer | R

They can't do anything too dramatic with Empy+3 because they'd risk breaking the game. IMO the best thing they could do is make it replace Reisenjima GF pieces like Herc. gear with fixed, non-random stats to reduce the load on inventory space that some jobs require with those pieces. While Nyame has done this somewhat for WSD, I think there are still some that could be further eliminated (e.g. FC for NIN, augmented pet pieces for PUP/BST, etc). Possibly reduction in recast timers or buffing certain abilities, but basically just filling in gaps to reduce the number of pieces required.

They won't do anything to make current endgame content like Omen and Odyssey too easy. They gotta make it good enough for you to want to work for it, but not so good that everything else becomes irrelevant or endgame content becomes too easy.

I'm more interested in how those weapons in the Mog Bonanza will be made available. I think we're more likely to see a change in the way some jobs are played based on that than empy armor.
By Nariont 2021-11-02 12:45:40
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
give me something unique like "Converts Dual Wield to Store TP" kind of trait, which includes your base value.
On the subject of unique was thinking of something like allowing daken to DS by x%(say 25%) while innin is in effect, as is daken is already slightly more TP than a normal swing, so itd somewhat counteract the TP loss from additional DW
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-11-02 12:51:13
Link | Citer | R

That honestly should have been a Sange Trait. Double or Triple Throw while active.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-02 12:55:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Iamaman said: »
They won't do anything to make current endgame content like Omen and Odyssey too easy. They gotta make it good enough for you to want to work for it, but not so good that everything else becomes irrelevant or endgame content becomes too easy.
This is assuming that Empy +3 isn't going to come with an endgame system that is itself a tier above previous difficulty, like what Escha did to Adoulin.
By Nariont 2021-11-02 12:59:20
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
That honestly should have been a Sange Trait. Double or Triple Throw while active.

Should be what it changes to yeah, current daken without even trying is something like 70~80%, mostly thanks to the nice chunk on the neck. RIP ammunition though if they went that route
By Spookyfish89 2021-11-02 13:42:55
Link | Citer | R

I hope they add augment paths like the abjuration gear and Nyame but....

Add an abyssea v2 and make each path take different NM material drops to progress like current Empy weapons. /evilgrin
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-11-02 13:45:16
Link | Citer | R

All they had to do was make Yagyu DarkNESS a shuriken ( like from FFT) and not a katana (with unlimited 1 hour dispensable shuriken) and we would be home free. Except for the fact that Yagyu is locked behind Bonanza ; f
 Cerberus.Dekar
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2021-11-02 13:48:07
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure exactly what I want, but I'd love to see every job get a piece as game-breakingly-stupid as the Impetus augment on the MNK body.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2021-11-02 14:48:17
Link | Citer | R

Spookyfish89 said: »
I hope they add augment paths like the abjuration gear and Nyame but....

Add an abyssea v2 and make each path take different NM material drops to progress like current Empy weapons. /evilgrin

And make the Ki farm 2x longer than Chloris with Shinryu actual drop rate for upgrade items
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-02 14:53:08
Link | Citer | R

By masochists, for masochists.
By SimonSes 2021-11-02 14:56:35
Link | Citer | R

I was pointing the Ga skills and crit dmg mostly. Also it seems logic that the set bonus should be enhanced via upgrades, but who knows what they're able of.
Edit : they're able to lower it or suppress it lol

Crit damage on feet might be enough with overall stat boost to overcome sakpata, but to beat 8%pdl and 8%da on body, you will need to improve the empy body by a lot. At least for capped attack.
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-11-02 16:40:29
Link | Citer | R

I'm hoping the upgrade system isn't tied to dyna D dreamlands or something like that and we get some solid new content.
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2021-11-02 18:55:10
Link | Citer | R

Dreamland could be new accessories upgrades like earring or belts, or even relic weapons upgrades. But i dont think that theyll release an aby v2 zones as well, so we might see aby main bosses in form of Ody or Legion V2 content
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-11-02 19:04:27
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
If ftp doesnt transfer it mayswell be 1 hit on WS with only 2~3 hits with high scaling ftp

Exactly. Pretty sure everyone reading it knew immediately that the point was to call out physical WS where WSD matters :)

Well, except the person who had to correct a 3 week old post. Thanks I guess? You're right, I said a wrong thing where the error had almost no bearing on the actual point.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-11-02 19:31:47
Link | Citer | R

Dreamland could be new accessories upgrades like earring or belts, or even relic weapons upgrades. But i dont think that theyll release an aby v2 zones as well, so we might see aby main bosses in form of Ody or Legion V2 content

Fam, we have got to move on from Dynamis. It was never fun, just long and grindy. I do not want another 2-hour long event. The game isn't even in that stage anymore to support it. Absolutely no to Dreamlands. But we can stay over in the Tavnazia area. I loved those older zones like Phomiuna Aqueducts, Sacrarium, Rivernse Sites, Al'Taieu, Grand Palace etc etc. So much Landscape to work with where we don't ever need to go back to dynamis. Hell, take me back to Limbus before Dyna (Limbus was my sht)
 Valefor.Worlace
Serveur: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2021-11-02 19:41:48
Link | Citer | R

Legion type content would be great. 30-45 minute content that can be done with alliances or less. Not much content besides dyna that is really alliance friendly for LS. I think that odyssey being 6 man content contributed to a lot of player atrophy in the past 6 months.
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2021-11-02 20:03:18
Link | Citer | R

18 man content is the core of this game. Having Briareus, Dragua, Carabosse on the same arena split btw 3 parties with some complexity would be way more fun then a content like Gaol which get boring after spamming savage blade on the same boss on a tiny arena where you have no colors but dark and purple with a dark monster. It just make things feel like you have the same disc set on replay.
 Valefor.Furyspawn
Serveur: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2021-11-02 20:27:23
Link | Citer | R

Getting out of Dynamis and Walk of Echoes would be a very welcome change of pace. Even Abyssea has a similiarly dark color palette with everything tinged a murky red. It'd be nice to see some lighter and brighter environments again.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-11-02 20:34:38
Link | Citer | R

18 man content is the core of this game.

Was
[+]
 Asura.Illuminate
By Asura.Illuminate 2021-11-02 23:57:06
Link | Citer | R

What I would like from empy3, being as realistic as possible, and in no particular order:

1) Something that is rather difficult to RMT/merch (e.g. it takes actual skill on the part of the person behind the keyboard). Rationale being, RMT is something that plagues this game and obviously it probably always will, but reducing RMT = good. Merching, to each their own (I've done it myself, admittedly to fund a crafting shield), however I generally think it encourages RMT on the part of the client. RMT = bad.

2) Something involving 18-man content. I've come across the suggestion that making the newest content restricted to 6 players (Odyssey segment farming and NMs) has "killed" linkshells. Obvious hyperbole, but still I think it's a significantly valid assertion. So a sensible idea would be to have a moderate slope of increasing difficulty as you reduce the total number of alliance members fewer than 18 people, until you can have people skilled and well-geared to the point where they can 6-man the 18-man content (i.e. Dynamis Divergence). I understand this circles back to the issue I made in point 1). Solution: implement a game-mechanic where every person who participates has to actually do something instead of /idle. Make them /jump at random intervals of time so it can't be botted - anything would be better than previous 18-man content.

3) Strategy. Let's admit it. "Nerfing" job abilities such as astral conduit in Odyssey, "nerfing" geomancer bubbles in segment farming areas - this is such a cheap, lazy cop-out that it makes me want to say something political on a ffxi forum. I think that with a significant amount of thought and effort can produce something that is still obviously a challenge, but can be tackled from many different job combinations. Also, kind of a bit of a tangent here, but maybe something that makes more use of pretty niche/useless REMAs like gambanteinn's cursna +100, or Nagi's being only useful for a free, unweakened arise every 45-60 minutes? Basically, this third point is a pretty open-ended question but I think the important take-home ideas are basically making more of a demand of multiple jobs, multiple job combinations/playstyle, and possibly REMA gear that has relatively equal difficulty to obtain but obviously unequal usefulness.

I guess I'll stop here for now. Thanks for listening!
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-03 06:42:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Illuminate said: »
Make them /jump at random intervals of time so it can't be botted - anything would be better than previous 18-man content.
Something like this would not stop bots.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2021-11-03 08:18:56
Link | Citer | R

I would prefer an event that can be dualboxed. For the reward schedule, each player should get points individually, like Ambuscade, but those points should decay within the day like floor(1000/2^n_wins)

This way people can spam it if they want but a botter who does enough runs to reach 0 points per run each day only ends up with a bit less than twice as many points as a normie who does 1 run.

Good luck with the server load, SE.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-11-03 08:35:15
Link | Citer | R

I'm ok with the evolution of the game embracing 6 man content over alliance and larger, but I do firmly believe there needs to remain at least a few things designed for 18 man content to aim for. A complete abandonment of alliance content I do believe would signify the final blow for XI's life.

Its hard to explain- I don't believe that its that alliance content that keeps us playing, but I do feel like the lack of it destroys a very enjoyable aspect of online gaming and for the first time would make XI feel "small". It doesn't need to be the focus, just out there and part of the mix.
[+]