Using Python3 To Estimate BIS Gear Sets For Ninja.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Using Python3 to estimate BIS gear sets for Ninja.
Using Python3 to estimate BIS gear sets for Ninja.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-21 13:55:57
Link | Citer | R

Falkirk and Papesse said Corrosive Ooze is 100% land rate. It's only in the case of bosses that have that permanent att+ buff where the attack down from Corrosive Ooze can't overwrite it. The defense down lands though.

https://de.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54555/the-odyssey-strategy-and-discussion/73#3562326

https://de.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/45830/killer-instinct-the-beastmaster-compendium/124#3562395

https://de.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/45830/killer-instinct-the-beastmaster-compendium/125#3563052

https://de.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/45830/killer-instinct-the-beastmaster-compendium/125#3563300
[+]
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2022-12-21 15:53:18
Link | Citer | R

Ive used ooze on some ody bosses it doesn't seem to land (def/attack down). 33% def down would be very noticable.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-21 16:07:23
Link | Citer | R

You can just test each one to be sure.

Go into an odyssey boss on bst naked
Use corrosive ooze
Use absorbing shield contagion transfer

if you don't get a Defense Down effect 100% of the time, then it's not guaranteed
[+]
By Izanami 2022-12-21 20:58:20
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Is there a set for Empyreal Arrow, utilizing both TP Bonus Katanas? Thinking about an Arebati prep fight when not in range to use Tauret.

I have no idea what buffs to use to create "best" v25 Arebati NIN Empyreal Arrow sets, but the sets barely change with different scenarios. I've run simulations for ML20 NIN without a subjob, including up to r25 Odyssey armor. I've also locked the main+sub weapons to Hitaki for 2000 TP bonus.

Hopefully these situations, together with the THF thread, give an idea of how to gear for Empyreal Arrow on v25 Arebati.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2022-12-22 05:00:07
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
B team Arebati, so max Box Step, Corrosive Ooze or Angon depending on active BST pet, Killer Instinct, Dia 3. Probably SMN for Warcry/Crystal Blessing (I guess this is only necessary if you used ranged accuracy weapon)

I wonder if Ooze can land on Arebati. def down is wind in theory and Arebati should be close to immune to that (v25 possibly completely immune to wind?). On the other hand ooze seems to always lands. Unless Ooze is water based def down? Would be good to know all that.
Use corrosive ooze

[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-22 05:03:18
Link | Citer | R

I freaking love this guy Falkirk

Sunglasses/dealwithit Arthur is absolute gold
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-12-22 07:05:47
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
B team Arebati, so max Box Step, Corrosive Ooze or Angon depending on active BST pet, Killer Instinct, Dia 3. Probably SMN for Warcry/Crystal Blessing (I guess this is only necessary if you used ranged accuracy weapon)

I wonder if Ooze can land on Arebati. def down is wind in theory and Arebati should be close to immune to that (v25 possibly completely immune to wind?). On the other hand ooze seems to always lands. Unless Ooze is water based def down? Would be good to know all that.
Use corrosive ooze

That's V25?
 Asura.Brennski
Serveur: Asura
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2022-12-22 08:37:33
Link | Citer | R

On v20 Arebati I often needed a RUN To land Ooze with Unda Rayke/Gambit but with them I got it on pretty much 1/1. Not tested on V25 yet.
 Bismarck.Nekhekh
Serveur: Bismarck
user: nekhekh
By Bismarck.Nekhekh 2022-12-22 12:59:31
Link | Citer | R

I wonder what the python method would look like for mnk and sam? So far this has helped me with my nin but still having trouble getting Gere ring from Odin.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-22 13:03:04
Link | Citer | R

Judging by Falkirk's quote response where I mentioned to try it on Arebati naked, it would seem he did just that and it landed anyways, proving that it's either guaranteed or damn near close. He didn't confirm if it was on V25 though, but doing it naked would still support an extremely high land rate, even if it was V15-20. From a well-geared ML BST with Tandem bonus and food, it would seem like it can be landed on V25 just the same. But he didn't comment on any of the specifics besides DealWithIt Arthur xD, so hard to say the exact circumstances. In other instances, he landed the debuff on same/opposing aligned elementals just the same (the links are provided above), which is very hard to do normally, so the element of the defense down debuff or ability really doesn't have a ton to do with it.

Also, unless he edited it from his screenshot, it doesn't show any "Falkirk's Attack Down effect wears off" message in the log, which supports Papesse's comments I linked earlier how he believed all Atonement Bosses have an undispellable Attack+ buff that Corrosive Ooze is not able to overwrite. I think he would have included that if it showed in his log as well.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2022-12-22 14:49:06
Link | Citer | R

Falkirk is pretty great. :)
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-12-22 17:56:11
Link | Citer | R

Judging by Falkirk's quote response where I mentioned to try it on Arebati naked, it would seem he did just that and it landed anyways, proving that it's either guaranteed or damn near close. He didn't confirm if it was on V25 though, but doing it naked would still support an extremely high land rate, even if it was V15-20. From a well-geared ML BST with Tandem bonus and food, it would seem like it can be landed on V25 just the same. But he didn't comment on any of the specifics besides DealWithIt Arthur xD, so hard to say the exact circumstances. In other instances, he landed the debuff on same/opposing aligned elementals just the same (the links are provided above), which is very hard to do normally, so the element of the defense down debuff or ability really doesn't have a ton to do with it.

Also, unless he edited it from his screenshot, it doesn't show any "Falkirk's Attack Down effect wears off" message in the log, which supports Papesse's comments I linked earlier how he believed all Atonement Bosses have an undispellable Attack+ buff that Corrosive Ooze is not able to overwrite. I think he would have included that if it showed in his log as well.

Its pretty important if its V20 or V25. Keep in mind V20 had resist against some physical type of damage, while V25 are immune. It could be the same for magic, V20 could just resist wind, but Ooze rate being extremely high or near guaranteed, still was able to ignore that, but they could just push it to immunity at V25.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-12-22 18:01:32
Link | Citer | R

Its pretty important if its V20 or V25. Keep in mind V20 had resist against some physical type of damage, while V25 are immune. It could be the same for magic, V20 could just resist wind, but Ooze rate being extremely high or near guaranteed, still was able to ignore that, but they could just push it to immunity at V25.
I can test this later tonight (I'd have to go get the Shield). But I can confirm that Purulent Ooze still lands on Kalunga fairly easily. If they were going to give it immunity to something like Corrosive Ooze, I'd imagine they would do something to Purulent also.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-12-22 18:40:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Hya said: »
I can test this later tonight (I'd have to go get the Shield). But I can confirm that Purulent Ooze still lands on Kalunga fairly easily. If they were going to give it immunity to something like Corrosive Ooze, I'd imagine they would do something to Purulent also.

Kalunga is fire based
I assume Purulent HP down is water based

If they give Kalunga immunity it probably wouldn't be to its weak element.

Arebati being ice based should be strong against wind and def down is normally wind based. Maybe Corossive Ooze def down is water based tho.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-22 18:45:33
Link | Citer | R

It could be the same for magic, V20 could just resist wind, but Ooze rate being extremely high or near guaranteed, still was able to ignore that, but they could just push it to immunity at V25.

That's an extremely easy test then and it requires no Absorbing shield. Just run in on DRG and throw an Angon at it. If it says "No Effect", then its immune and they change V25s, since Angon is 100% land rate. In that case, Armor Break is 100% useless as well. If Angon lands, there's no reason to believe Corrosive Ooze can't land. And I don't think it has anything to do with elemental alignment either; multiple people have shown proof of the water-aligned move landing on a variety of elementals, which have super high resist rate vs same-element/strong-element alignment.

Kalunga is fire based

Arebati being ice based should be strong against wind and def down is normally wind based. Maybe Corossive Ooze def down is water based tho.

You're assuming the debuff on Corrosive Ooze is tied to the element. It might have absolutely nothing to do with the element at all, and could just be an 100% debuff attached to the spell itself, just like Angon can apply Defense Down (a wind based debuff) on everything

If you really want to test elements and land rate of Corrosive Ooze as it relates, do the Ballista test. Grab a RUN and have him use max meva set, Ignis Sulpor x3 Pflug, and use Odyllic Subterfuge on an opposing BST's Arthur pet. Then have the pet throw Corrosive Ooze at the tank. Repeat the test with 3 Gelus runes (for wind-based defense down). Arthur's magic accuracy should be so low that it can't land unless it's a guaranteed land rate.
By SimonSes 2022-12-22 19:27:57
Link | Citer | R

It could be the same for magic, V20 could just resist wind, but Ooze rate being extremely high or near guaranteed, still was able to ignore that, but they could just push it to immunity at V25.

That's an extremely easy test then and it requires no Absorbing shield. Just run in on DRG and throw an Angon at it. If it says "No Effect", then its immune and they change V25s, since Angon is 100% land rate. In that case, Armor Break is 100% useless as well. If Angon lands, there's no reason to believe Corrosive Ooze can't land. And I don't think it has anything to do with elemental alignment either; multiple people have shown proof of the water-aligned move landing on a variety of elementals, which have super high resist rate vs same-element/strong-element alignment.

Kalunga is fire based

You're assuming the debuff on Corrosive Ooze is tied to the element. It might have absolutely nothing to do with the element at all, and could just be an 100% debuff attached to the spell itself, just like Angon can apply Defense Down (a wind based debuff) on everything

If you really want to test elements and land rate of Corrosive Ooze as it relates, do the Ballista test. Grab a RUN and have him use max meva set, Ignis Sulpor x3 Pflug, and use Odyllic Subterfuge on an opposing BST's Arthur pet. Then have the pet throw Corrosive Ooze at the tank. Repeat the test with 3 Gelus runes (for wind-based defense down). Arthur's magic accuracy should be so low that it can't land unless it's a guaranteed land rate.

Def down attached to WSs is wind based and doesn't land on stuff immune to wind.

AFAIK def down on Tenebral crush is wind based too, despite spell being darkness.

It would be weird if def down on Ooze is non elemental.

Def down on Angon might be non elemental or just has different mechanic, its not a good test contender.

Ballista is also not a good idea, because I assume Corrosive Ooze has capped land rate and I don't want to check it against super high meva, but against immunity.
By Nariont 2022-12-22 19:33:02
Link | Citer | R

Angon's currently the closest comparison to it, it's able to land its debuffs on targets that have super resistance to those particular elements i.e def down can land on a wind ele and attack down on water. Yes crush's def down is wind based also, I think they're both just non-elemental with a 100% land rate, or at least in ooze's case a very high innate macc.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-22 19:34:17
Link | Citer | R

Simon - is it too difficult to accept that Corrosive Ooze's Defense Down effect could just have a 100% land rate and has absolutely nothing to do with the aligned element? You keep saying "SE could have bumped V25 resist to immunity" with no information to back that up. But we have several verified reports from people who said the land rate on Ooze is indeed 100%. Why don't you just go repeat the exact same test Falkirk did naked on V25 Arebati and let us know if it lands?
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-12-22 21:13:38
Link | Citer | R

Simon - is it too difficult to accept that Corrosive Ooze's Defense Down effect could just have a 100% land rate and has absolutely nothing to do with the aligned element? You keep saying "SE could have bumped V25 resist to immunity" with no information to back that up. But we have several verified reports from people who said the land rate on Ooze is indeed 100%. Why don't you just go repeat the exact same test Falkirk did naked on V25 Arebati and let us know if it lands?
Don't worry fam, I'll test it. I dunno why this has to be questioned once a year, but here we are on Kalunga V25. This is certainly the worst place to share this info but whatever.

Observe the Defense Down debuff at the top of my screen, as well as the Corrosive Ooze and Absorbing Shield use.

[+]
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2022-12-23 01:00:28
Link | Citer | R

maybe its water based? this is kalunga can try ngai or arebati? could also be the debuff is placed but reduced effect also maybe like geomancy?
By SimonSes 2022-12-23 04:18:48
Link | Citer | R

Why don't you just go repeat the exact same test Falkirk did naked on V25 Arebati and let us know if it lands?

Because I don't have access.

I only ask the question and want to verify something and you for some unknown reason try very hard to force me to believe its 100% land rate on everything and its non elemental.

I have R15 Aymur BST, so if you think I have something against BSTs and that is this unknown reason you can relax and stop now.

I have no problem to believe its 100% land rate on even immune to wind or water, or that its non elemental or that Arebati is not wind immune or whatever. I just want to know this for sure by testing it. If you dont want to help, thats fine, but please stop disturbing :)
By Izanami 2022-12-23 09:09:29
Link | Citer | R

That's a lot of BST discussion for a Ninja/Python project thread. Interestingly, Ninja appears to be part of the discussion in the BST thread right now too. I recommend staying on topic. I don't think many users are going to search for BST testing results in the Ninja forums.

Bismarck.Nekhekh said: »
I wonder what the python method would look like for mnk and sam? So far this has helped me with my nin but still having trouble getting Gere ring from Odin.

The code supports all jobs now if you wanted to download it and play with SAM and MNK. SAM sets are especially boring, though.

I'm slowly working on another FFXIAH node post that will contain sets for all jobs. So far I've created mid/high buff sets for DRK, DRG, MNK, SAM, BRD, WHM, and BST. This is a slow process since making FFXIAH item sets is not quick. If anyone knows of a way to semi-automate this, then please let me know.

See below for the copy/paste SAM and MNK sets taken from my node draft. The formatting is still a work in progress, but I think I'll settle for something similar to this anyway.

Edit: Looks like the far-right part of the sets gets cut off, though. At least you can mouse-over the partially visible item and see what it is.
Edit2: I've simply moved the cut-off sets down a row so they're visible in this spoiler format.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Cluste
user: Bjggi
By Asura.Cluste 2022-12-23 09:37:36
Link | Citer | R

Looks interesting, Izanami. Great Work as always.

Your sets already assume R30 (because I don't see Kasuga Kote +3 in the Sam set)? Think Nyame R30 is very optimistic at the moment (and prob in the near future too).

What settings (buffs) do you use to identify your mid sets?
[+]
By Izanami 2022-12-23 10:01:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Cluste said: »
Looks interesting, Izanami. Great Work as always.

Your sets already assume R30 (because I don't see Kasuga Kote +3 in the Sam set)? Think Nyame R30 is very optimistic at the moment (and prob in the near future too).

Yeah, it's all R30 right now. I considered R25, but I imagine I'm going to be so slow adding more sets and formatting the node that by the time I finish, R30 will be reasonable. I definitely understand that I should be showing R25 if I were to publish more than a draft right now, though.

Edit: Looking into this a bit more, I did not give Kasuga Kote +3 its "Weapon skill damage +12%" in the gear.py file.

I've updated the sets with the fixed Kasuga Kote +3. They won in every situation tested. Thanks for letting me know.

Asura.Cluste said: »
What settings (buffs) do you use to identify your mid sets?

I used stats for a lv135 Apex Bat with artificially high 1300 Evasion and 1400 Defense.

Mid-buff represents standard party-buff situation:

• BRD (Songs+7): Honor March, Victory March, Minuet V, Minuet IV

• COR (Lucky, Rolls+7): Chaos Roll (Crooked), Samurai Roll.

• Grape Daifuku

• No dia

High-buff uses the same buffs and enemy, but I reduced the enemy defense to 1 to force attack cap. Evasion is kept at 1300, though.

I'd like to add low/no-buff sets too (dia2+daifuku only), but I'm not sure if there is a limit to how many ffxiah item sets I can make. I imagine Empyrean+3 will show up more in low/no-buff sets to make up for the lack of attack buffs.

Edit: If you see any obviously weird-looking gear choices, let me know. I only really play NIN+WHM+DRK, so I'm not likely to notice my mistakes for other jobs as I manually add gear to the FFXIAH item sets or gear.py file.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ragingmonkey
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Merritt95
By Ragnarok.Ragingmonkey 2022-12-23 11:37:30
Link | Citer | R

One thing I noticed when playing with ranged weaponskills is that it seems to assume that True Shot is active always so almost all ranged weaponskills show true shot gear as being BiS. I can't seem to get Ikenga clogs to stop showing up even after unchecking all versions of them.
By Izanami 2022-12-23 11:49:13
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ragingmonkey said: »
One thing I noticed when playing with ranged weaponskills is that it seems to assume that True Shot is active always so almost all ranged weaponskills show true shot gear as being BiS.

The code does treat true shot as always "on." I do like the idea of adding a checkbox for it, similar to impetus/footwork. I'll add this after the holiday.

Ragnarok.Ragingmonkey said: »
I can't seem to get Ikenga clogs to stop showing up even after unchecking all versions of them.
The code will not equip items if they are not enabled with the checkbox. However, the code will also not unequip items if they are already equipped and it can't find a better choice. Make sure you swap the feet slot to something else on the inputs tab before running the automated set finder if you do not want to test them.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ragingmonkey
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Merritt95
By Ragnarok.Ragingmonkey 2022-12-23 12:01:09
Link | Citer | R

Awesome, thanks! This tool is very fun to play with, I spend most of my downtime at my remote job just trying different sets. Huge props for making something like this.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Izanami 2022-12-23 12:46:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jyubeii said: »
problem with the gui i'm having is that the window even with font size 6 gets cut off at the bottom and i only get 2 rows of gear displayed. same thing if i maximize the window

This is exactly what I was worried about when I first posted the GUI link. I never got any messages about it when I first asked, so I never bothered trying to fix it since it looked fine on my computer (1920x1080 resolution).

If you're not running the .exe, then you can change a False to a True on line 208 of tab_inputs.py
to use 32x32 icons instead of 64x64 icons. This usually helps.

If you are using the GUI.exe version, then I'm not sure how to temporarily fix it, other than maybe changing your screen resolution, but that's a pretty bad solution that might not even work.

This is not an issue I can fix easily, but is on my list of things to do.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9