First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39
By Vaerix 2022-04-19 03:09:03
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Velner said: »
Update on Shinryu runs:

10 drops in 689 runs.

4/5 unique drops

4x Mail; 3x Scythe; 2x Helm; 1x Cloak

Cloak finally dropped on kill #669 this Saturday.

70 into VD with TH9+ every fight,

2/5 unique drops

3x knife, 1x body (Knife #3 on kill 67)

Whenever I get done I'll post the full stats for my runs.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-04-19 18:41:27
Link | Citer | R

Vaerix said: »
70 into VD with TH9+ every fight

Out of curiosity, what's your setup? Apologies if you mentioned it, didn't see anything in the past several pages and I don't wanna dig through 35 pages of posts from 2021 with people debating how TH works lol.
 Asura.Dexprozius
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Dexprozius 2022-04-19 21:12:29
Link | Citer | R

Vaerix wana team up? I'm only after the knife haha
 Shiva.Berzerk
Serveur: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2022-04-19 23:27:30
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

Out of curiosity, what's your setup? Apologies if you mentioned it, didn't see anything in the past several pages and I don't wanna dig through 35 pages of posts from 2021 with people debating how TH works lol.

The last time I did this fight was THF BRD COR WHM w/ Monbereaux and Sylvie/Ygnas. After buffs w/ N/T you can sleep Shinryu, debuff a bit, moving char into position then just zerg em down w/ savage and rudras, whatever you fancy.

COR: Chaos/Samurai
BRD: Honor March, Blade Madrigal, Valor Minuet V, Dark Carol, Herculean Etude
[+]
By Vaerix 2022-04-20 01:57:55
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

I'm running a 6 box fund my AG remas campaign rn, blu/thf/brd/rdm/geo/whm. The only characters smacking boss are thf brd rdm.

Blu is there to get extra boxes and so I don't have to job change to merit.

I figured TH is worth a shot given how horrible the drop rate is. I've had like 6 or 7 no drop runs which is entirely depressing, most are 2 drop slots (pebble, earring, ring), then some single drop slots, probably 43-20-7 (2-1-0) for gear slots. Seeing the 0 drop slots with th12 is pretty much the definition of "feels bad man"
By SimonSes 2022-04-20 02:12:25
Link | Citer | R

Seeing the 0 drop slots with th12 is pretty much the definition of "feels bad man"

Wait, you got 0 drops on VD? With one of you char not having any drops in the inventory?
By Vaerix 2022-04-20 02:24:06
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Seeing the 0 drop slots with th12 is pretty much the definition of "feels bad man"

Wait, you got 0 drops on VD? With one of you char not having any drops in the inventory?

Deliberately have not collected ring and pebble on whm, and earring on geo.

So yes you are correct.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-04-20 02:27:46
Link | Citer | R

I thought on VD one slot is 100% >.>
By Vaerix 2022-04-20 02:37:27
Link | Citer | R

I thought on VD one slot is 100% >.>

From my experience this is not true. And definitely cannot be attributed to group having all of 1 drop.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-04-20 06:48:25
Link | Citer | R

There has to be another explanation for your no drop; I did 1200 VD runs and not a single one failed to drop at least 1 item, and that was with only TH4.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-04-20 08:09:41
Link | Citer | R

I only did like ~20 vd runs with dboxed items and th9+, all of them dropped at least one item, with the majority of runs actually dropping two.

Hell, I get one item with th9+ >80% of the times even on easy...
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-04-20 08:30:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
There has to be another explanation for your no drop

Must be something connected with Belligerent Bang...
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
By ryukin182 2022-05-23 03:44:45
Link | Citer | R

1/46 all VD th 8
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [135 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-05 11:01:31
Link | Citer | R

Oh Hey, this Battlefield still exists? =P

Sooo...either nobody's noticed or nobody cares to mention it (cuz who is doing Shinryu HTBF still?)

There's currently a glitch with Shinryu HTBF which occasionally allows for temp items to be available during the fight. I thought it was a fluke on one of my attempts. I saw Revitalizer, Fanatics, and other items in the list when I entered the other day solo on DNC, Normal difficulty. Entered again on Difficult and the temps were gone. Entered a third time, again on Diff, and the temps are back:

(The temps are all usable)

Probably related to this [Resolved Issues]:

Quote:
The issue with the battlefield ★The Wyrm God wherein temporary items would be lost under certain circumstances.

Looks like they fixed the temp items being deleted issue and then goofed by making temps sometimes available. Oops? Spaghetti code. Doesn't make a huge difference anyways; you get Revitalizer after Protostar resets everything, and a Fanatics and free meds. Still an advantage nonetheless. Maybe i'll submit a bug report for this later*.

edit: Oh, I forgot Primeval Brews are usable in Abyssea. This is busted. Have to submit a bug report. Free VD wins solo by everyone. That is broken, but maybe this is compensation for that terrible drop rate for so long? Good thing is, the glitch isn't 100% repeatable. Just re-entered and temps are gone.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-10-05 12:01:24
Link | Citer | R

Meh I wish they would spaghetti code blue proc and we could increase drop rate of armors and weapons to like 50%. #icanonlydream
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-05 12:02:48
Link | Citer | R

Meh I wish they would spaghetti code blue proc and we could increase drop rate of armors and weapons to like 50%. #icanonlydream

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up fixing this temp item issue in version update next and break something else. You may be on to something...Test procs!
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2022-10-05 12:42:05
Link | Citer | R

temps did not show up until i started summoning trusts, even after waiting a very long time
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-05 19:05:38
Link | Citer | R

Interesting observation. I entered two more times and checked the item list and didn't see temps but didn't have trusts present. Wasn't aware that could have been related.

What difficulty did you do it on? So far I've seen temps pop up on normal and difficult, have yet to see it on VD. Bought a brew since seeing the original glitch and have yet to see them pop back up, so that could be a factor (or just coincidence)
By Azrial 2022-10-05 19:17:27
Link | Citer | R

7 entries, zero temps

Cannot confirm.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-05 19:19:42
Link | Citer | R

Need info. Difficulty, were trusts present, job entered on, do you have a brew in inventory beforehand, etc. I've definitely saw it at least 3 times so far, just don't know what triggers it.
By Azrial 2022-10-05 19:34:54
Link | Citer | R

Entered 5x on D, 2x on E. All 7 on THF, temps purchased (brew as well). Items checked before and after trusts were called.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-05 19:38:12
Link | Citer | R

When i get merits, I'll use my brew outside and re-enter. See if that has any effect.
By IGDC 2022-10-05 20:54:49
Link | Citer | R

So I'm figuring out how to do this every time for fun (I have all shinryu items) but I can confirm you can break this BCNM.

If you notice my SS, my HP is 9999 - solo on thief and beat him in 1 minute. (also only the HTBF drops the beitetsu/boulders/pluton items.
[+]
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2022-10-05 21:23:05
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
When i get merits, I'll use my brew outside and re-enter. See if that has any effect.

At the very least, Aquatiq validated seeing temps (even though he hid the comment)

I don't know what you're seeing but I didn't do anything other than edit a typo, maybe a forum mod's snooping around? If so they have a lot to catch up on lol
 Carbuncle.Arakon
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2022-10-05 21:24:31
Link | Citer | R

Just curious, isn't Aeolian Edge a stronger weaponskill under Brew?

Or does the skillchain heals him.
By IGDC 2022-10-05 21:35:42
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Arakon said: »
Just curious, isn't Aeolian Edge a stronger weaponskill under Brew?

Or does the skillchain heals him.

AE was doing about 35k and SC for 8k, Rudras was 50k + 50k darkness sc.

edit:
also can brew every single VD. get your items if you need em!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-05 21:40:26
Link | Citer | R

IGDC said: »

Only for a few more days, will be fixed in the next update I'm sure, if JP haven't reported it. Someone will. And nobody really had any trouble beating Shinryu anyways, the drops still suck on VD with TH10+
By IGDC 2022-10-05 21:42:51
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
IGDC said: »

Only for a few more days, will be fixed in the next update I'm sure, if JP haven't reported it. Someone will. And nobody really had any trouble beating Shinryu anyways, the drops still suck on VD with TH10+

You're not wrong, but getting 100 done in a day solo and not having to worry about lots is still nice if someone needs an item and wants to spam it with 0 risk.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-05 21:45:00
Link | Citer | R

Still gotta farm them merits though right? so 50 trips >.>
Wouldn't say it's "0 risk" but the drop rates are so terrible, this seems like reparations.
[+]
By IGDC 2022-10-05 21:48:42
Link | Citer | R

Again, if you were to do it in a group (and much slower) it would still need merits. This is simply a couple day (in your words) opportunity for someone to solo him with 0 risk (of dying with brew that is) if they choose to.

Thank you for showing this Buukki :)
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39