Forum » FFXI » General » New HTBF Shinryu 2.0
New HTBF Shinryu 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 37 38 39
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-07-14 14:08:31
Link | Citer | R

seems like we got people arguing two different points here.

Correct- this change does NOTHING for today and the immediacy.

Correct- the long-term benefit of this change WILL reduce congestion, but not by anything SE really did- it will just make the wait 1 month from now be what it would have been 3 months from now, as more people just stop doing the fight.

SE basically saying "yeah, we knew this would happen and can't really do anything about it, but still implemented the battlefield. So we'll just make it so you don't have to do our new battle as much and can avoid it faster."
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-07-14 14:24:28
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Correct- this change does NOTHING for today and the immediacy.
Wrong. Before change, if you spent 5 minutes buffing+killing then 20 minutes trying to get in, you'd get 2.4 'loot-units' per hour on Asura. If you caught the zone empty, you'd spend 5 minutes buffing+killing, like 3 minutes grabbing a new KI, and end up at 7.5 'loot-units' per hour.

Post-patch, if you spend 5 minutes buffing+killing then 20 minutes trying to get in, you get 7.2 'loot-units' per hour. If you find it empty, you get even more. Even if you have to deal with the congestion, your productivity ends up around where it would've been without the congestion.

Thus, this patch:
-Compensates you for lost output due to congestion immediately, which helps the day they implement it.

-Reduces the timeframe for which congestion will exist significantly.

It's not a perfect solution, but honestly, people would be just as pissed on Asura if they had thrown it into WoE[P] and it got mixed in with the odyssey and lilith queues. On smaller servers, that probably would've been better, since 3 slots for new BC isn't enough and odyssey/lilith queues are usually empty.

They aren't going to deploy a new instance server for this one BC that an intern probably threw together in 2 hours. There's only so much you can expect out of them.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kaht
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2021-07-14 14:24:34
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
this change does NOTHING for today and the immediacy

Only if you're referring to congestion. Ignoring congestion, if you can farm 60 merits and clear 2 bcs faster than you can clear 6 bcs, and the droprate is increased linearly (i.e. 3x) then you will obtain your items faster than under the old droprate.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-14 14:27:47
Link | Citer | R

Assuming you can even enter once

I genuinely see no downside to queue. Yeah, it's terrible, but it's preferable to absolute chaos. I guess they should be grateful the playerbase isn't smart enough or motivated enough to cause a purposeful blockaid and hold the zone hostage.
 Garuda.Finuve
Serveur: Garuda
user: Finuve
By Garuda.Finuve 2021-07-14 14:38:05
Link | Citer | R

queue would be great, but they already said they wanted to implement one and couldnt...

but still, 5 minute fight x 2, 10 minutes gathering merits, this should be nothing but a benefit, especially on low pop servers that dont have congestion anyway. Though I still hope the drop rate is increased more than linearly, the rates are miserable for armor and weapons.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kaht
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2021-07-14 14:38:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

I just took this screenshot on Cerberus.

Asura isn't the only server. If people willingly choose to play there then they can deal with all the problems that come along with it.

Edit: One of my linkshell members just complained about having to wait 5-10 mins to enter last night. That's the kind of frustration we have to deal with.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-07-14 14:38:32
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kaht said: »
Quote:

Only if you're referring to congestion. Ignoring congestion, if you can farm 60 merits and clear 2 bcs faster than you can clear 6 bcs, and the droprate is increased linearly (i.e. 3x) then you will obtain your items faster than under the old droprate.

That's what I'm referring to. The people saying "this does nothing" mean that nothing for them changed with the emergency maintenance....that change will take time to be noticed in queue times.

@Thorny, that's exactly what I mean by the long-term improvements will be noticed, it just will take time on larger servers to be noticable.
By joemamma 2021-07-14 14:49:37
Link | Citer | R

Asura isn't the only server. If people willingly choose to play there then they can deal with all the problems that come along with it.

Edit: One of my linkshell members just complained about having to wait 5-10 mins to enter last night. That's the kind of frustration we have to deal with.

Shown in the picture above how many people are on Cerberus.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-14 14:49:55
Link | Citer | R

If it's a problem anywhere, it's a problem.

There shouldn't be such easily avoidable problems.
By joemamma 2021-07-14 14:50:47
Link | Citer | R

How about this you trade 500 job points to do the fight. Problem solved.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-14 15:20:25
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Quote:

That's what I'm referring to. The people saying "this does nothing" mean that nothing for them changed with the emergency maintenance....that change will take time to be noticed in queue times.

@Thorny, that's exactly what I mean by the long-term improvements will be noticed, it just will take time on larger servers to be noticable.
Even right away, it'd help congestion a little bit, because a higher proportion of peoples' time would be spent out building merits instead of spamming the portal or taking up a subzone.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-07-14 16:13:27
Link | Citer | R

5-10 minutes?? Wow, that must have been hell lol.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-14 16:13:48
Link | Citer | R

There's another oversight I didn't notice right away since I'm not doing them.

The fight spits you back out into the zone, so unlike Lilith and Odin and Cait Sith you can buy without entering. Right? You have to be able to get into the zone, but never have to enter the fight.
[+]
By Taint 2021-07-14 16:31:44
Link | Citer | R

The fight spits you back out into the zone, so unlike Lilith and Odin and Cait Sith you can buy without entering. Right? You have to be able to get into the zone, but never have to enter the fight.

Wow good call
[+]
By joemamma 2021-07-14 16:37:28
Link | Citer | R

Crap pebble do you need it 25 M.
[+]
Serveur: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Kingofthenorth 2021-07-14 17:06:02
Link | Citer | R

Really hope there is a gimmick because doing this over and over hundreds of times is not appealing.
By RadialArcana 2021-07-14 17:33:27
Link | Citer | R

The issue with the congestion was that players would get 70 merits and just spam it back to back (or try to), this is what is causing the problems. Now you get 2 clears and then you have to go get more merits. Which takes 10 minutes or so when you're not there (if you're big pp) and so others can try go in without you.

Someone who was doing this solo on VE, will take upto an hour to get 60 merits for the 2 goes again.

Of course it will have a big impact on congestion, same as they did with Ambu when they changed the requirement for v2 ki from 5 to 10 kills.
By joemamma 2021-07-14 18:13:29
Link | Citer | R

To get the armor/weapon you have to wear it during the fight. So bust out that twilight stuff.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-07-14 18:14:25
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Kingofthenorth said: »
Really hope there is a gimmick because doing this over and over hundreds of times is not appealing.
You're sayin this as if the Lilith BC didn't happen.
[+]
By tallica 2021-07-14 18:24:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
At least with that there was a way to improve odds.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-07-14 20:16:58
Link | Citer | R

A lot of people ignored that mechanic in Lilith and just spammed lower difficulties.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-07-14 23:45:48
Link | Citer | R

Of course, people complain 24/7 about anything. When its too hard, they complain, when its too easy, they complain. When there's mechanics to increase drop rates, they ignore them and zerg. People just want to boil everything down to the fastest way to complete x so they can sit in town apparently. I personally disliked how they tossed all the new HTB into Selbina, just weird and lore breaking. Everyone in a rush to go nowhere.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-07-15 01:37:48
Link | Citer | R

tallica said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
At least with that there was a way to improve odds.
Which hardly mattered, in the end?

But I guess with Lilith, more than the low drop rate, the main problem was the loot pool that was a bit too large and made it difficult to target specific items that you needed.

That problem alone should be smaller when it comes to Shinryu, I suppose.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-07-15 01:40:16
Link | Citer | R

They don't give a ***. It's not that they didn't or couldn't or can't it's that they simply don't care.
I don't think it's that simple.

If they really didn't care they wouldn't have announced a change so fast, would they?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-15 03:40:09
Link | Citer | R

They didn't care enough to put in the minimum effort.

THEN had to do damage control.

it's always easier to do nothing when there is no real risk and fix it after if it is an issue. It's not going to cost them any subs. Why bother unless forced into action. They knew exactly what was going to happen, but decided it wasn't worth doing anything about. And now they get to look like the champions of the universe by claiming to raise the drop rates (from .1% to .2%). They got you conned.
 Asura.Karppa
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2021-07-15 04:15:28
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
A lot of people ignored that mechanic in Lilith and just spammed lower difficulties.

Indeed..Just spammed VE/E Lilith took time and effort..eventually got all Malig drops for my alt..Same strat i'm gonna use this WG bc..all u need is patience... and grind merits..
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-07-15 04:18:51
Link | Citer | R

Well with Lilith's queueing system you could get into the queue and just afk, even if it was 40mins of wait.

Here you need to constantly try to spam and get a chance to enter.
If someone still haven't done the Abyssea Battle, oh my, good luck to them.

It's very stupid and I'm really curious how the *** they didn't think about these pretty obvious consequences.
I can perfectly understand them being unable to create a queuing system for this zone, that's fine, then just put the battle in a DIFFERENT ZONE just like you did for the other ones?
I mean, I dunno, I can't imagine how they work organization flow is, if it allowed something like this to happen.

But w/e, too late to complain right now. It's not really that I'm complaining tbf, I'm just so incredibly puzzled that I cannot fathom how something like this could even happen.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-07-15 05:01:29
Link | Citer | R

I mean, every single HTB aside from the handful of "newer" ones (4?) function exactly like that. I don't find it surprising. I found it more surprising they smacked a huge crystal in the middle of a town for no apparent reason and made people que there, that was unprecedented for the HTB content. Although I imagine they didn't want people to get upset over adding to the Lilith que, so they went back to the old way of doing it.
By Shichishito 2021-07-15 05:07:52
Link | Citer | R

just take a break for a month or two or at least cancel unnecessary alt and mule subs. goes much further than complaining on a board they don't read and pay full sub fees.
By Draylo 2021-07-15 05:14:29
Link | Citer | R

Cancel your sub and go to XIV, that will show them to dare make people wait for Shinryu entry
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 37 38 39