Forum » FFXI » General » Curio Vendor Moogles Missing
Curio Vendor Moogles Missing
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2021-06-23 23:08:49
Link | Citer | R

Curio vendor moogles disappeared from the three nations on Leviathan Server. Any other server missing their Moogle or anyone know what happened to them?
 Asura.Clairxi
Serveur: Asura
user: elisexi
By Asura.Clairxi 2021-06-23 23:11:39
Link | Citer | R

They are currently missing on Asura right now as well.
By Kitsyana99 2021-06-23 23:17:23
Link | Citer | R

Missing on Sylph
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-06-23 23:24:03
Link | Citer | R

Sounds like there must've been some kind of exploit
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-23 23:31:17
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Current Known Issue (Jun. 23, 24)

We have confirmed an issue with the following NPCs and have temporarily removed them from the game.

- The NPC "Curio Vendor Moogle" in Port San d'Oria, Port Bastok, and Port Windurst

We will make an announcement later regarding when the NPCs will be available again.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-24 01:32:19
Link | Citer | R

Should I say it? I'm gonna say it.

Never forget.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54185/medals-a-discussion-reborn

Wow. November 2019 ~ before the pandemic. What a time of innocence (except for the guilty people).
[+]
 Asura.Lexda
user: Dalight
By Asura.Lexda 2021-06-24 05:41:07
Link | Citer | R

They are back after an emergency maintenance on Port Sandy, Port Bastok and Port Windy. I wonder what was wrong with them?
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-06-24 05:49:30
Link | Citer | R

Almost certainly an exploit for them to pull them before the maint. I don't have any verifiable information on what it was, best guess is key item menu letting you skip assault ranks or get inappropriate key items. Plain shops use a lookup table so I doubt anything screwy could have happened with those + it was only curio not all plain shops.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-24 06:27:57
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
FINAL FANTASY XI Updated (Jun. 24)

A version update was performed on FINAL FANTASY XI at the following time.

[Date & Time]
Jun. 24, 2021 3:00 (PDT)
Jun. 24, 2021 10:00 (GMT)
Jun. 24, 2021 11:00 (BST)

[Affected Service]
FINAL FANTASY XI

[Update Details]
To address an issue, the following items were removed from the item list of the NPC "Curio Vendor Moogle" in Port San d'Oria, Port Bastok, and Port Windurst.

Max-Potion / Ether / Boiled Crab / Persikos au Lait
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-06-24 06:30:37
Link | Citer | R

pretty cryptic, wonder wtf it was

edit: all seem to have npc prices pretty close to their buy price, maybe you could resell for more using packets / tenshodo shop / something
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-24 06:38:18
Link | Citer | R

Last update probably reverted them to the original resale prices
 Bahamut.Suph
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2021-06-24 06:56:50
Link | Citer | R

Could it be that you can buy from Curio Vendor Moogle then resell them to the Odyssey Moogle for profit?

If we know the price these items were selling at Curio, someone can test it out :o
 Bahamut.Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2021-06-24 07:04:12
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Furyspawn said: »
I tried searching to see if this had already been posted, but didn't readily find anything, so here goes.

While it's been easy to watch the cost of equipment drop as server kill counts for the various NMs in Gaol increases, it appears that the prices the moogle is willing to pay for items are increasing proportionately at one fourth of the decrease rate; i.e. sell % increase = buy % decrease × 25%.

That being the case, the ??? Pilgrim Moogle is by far the best place to NPC your 36 acheron shields and 10,000 prize powders from sparkolades each week (and anything else you want to get rid of), assuming your server has killed the bosses enough times to reduce equipment costs by more than 10% (versus the +2.5% sell price for max Norg fame), and you have at least one clear in that Atonement category to unlock it.

Currently on Valefor, that nets an extra ~264k past the base 1,991,800 gil NPC sell price.

From the above and compare to Odin.Suminagashi's comment on Max Potion page, Max Potion base selling price to NPC is around 5161 gil which when you multiplies by 1.1325 you would get 5,845 gil which is more than the 5,700 gil they cost to buy at Curio Moogle so i guess it is that
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-24 07:06:34
Link | Citer | R

That'd do it. They were close enough in buy:sell to 1:1 that it became unlimited free gil with a 10% shift

80 Stacks of boiled crab bought for 500k and resold to the Rabao moogle under the T4 section would sell for 600k(?)
 Bahamut.Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2021-06-24 07:15:43
Link | Citer | R

On Bahamut Nyame Gear are 1.2M a piece now, which is like -84% buying price/equivalent to +21% selling price to moogle, so its even more than this lol

Don't even need packets or any 3rd party programs, SE just can't math lol
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-24 07:18:08
Link | Citer | R

Well... it's not that they can't math it's that "why the *** is the value of resellables going up when buyables go down"

That could make a ton of stuff an infinite money glitch.

"spaghetti code"
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-24 07:30:16
Link | Citer | R

Well, if anything, this did teach me to NPC my Prize Powder and Acheron Shields at the Rabao moogle.

I can sell Prize Powder for 100 gil and Acheron Shield for 27,687 to San d'Oria vendors.

I can sell Prize Powder for 122 gil and Acheron Shield for 33,748 in the Atonement 4 menu of the Sheol Moogle in Rabao.

Asura Nyama gear is currently 750,000 on Asura.

Kind of curious if there is anything else out there to do this with. I bet someone at SE has been spending the day looking at everything.

I also wonder if farming Dark Rings in abyssea could be viable again. Hmmm.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-24 07:44:15
Link | Citer | R

Can't really think of anything that's worth the effort, possibly nin tools/ammo

Something that stacks to 99, bought from an NPC and sells within 80% of buy price then boosted by 20%, write the lua and make a trillion gil.

If you can buy 100,000 toolbags and open > sell for profit maybe.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-06-24 07:50:25
Link | Citer | R

Probably too late to hop on it if they're already removing items and patching. Just end up losing a character with nyame access.
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-06-24 08:07:45
Link | Citer | R

there aren't many items that their sell price is that close to their buy price.

that being said, incredibly lazy design that their forumla was effecting both buy and sell. going forward as aeonova said you'd be incredibly silly to not do all of your npcing in rabao
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-06-24 08:16:02
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Probably too late to hop on it if they're already removing items and patching. Just end up losing a character with nyame access.

Always been curious but too lazy to ever look up:

Does a temp/permanent ban effect only a single character or the entire account?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-24 08:17:36
Link | Citer | R

You lose all 16 if you *** around on one

Imagine the chaos if they only banned the character lol
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-06-24 08:18:52
Link | Citer | R

Lose all other playonline accounts on the same SE account too, and potentially all on same IP(though this is uncommon for basic violations).
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-06-24 08:22:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
You lose all 16 if you *** around on one

Imagine the chaos if they only banned the character lol

Is why I asked, somehow thought it was one character struck down and a permanent strike on the account. Learned something new today.

Lose all other playonline accounts on the same SE account too, and potentially all on same IP(though this is uncommon for basic violations).

Too rich for my blood, thanks. '-')
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-24 08:50:46
Link | Citer | R

See the part I underlined above. Imagine losing it all (nearly 20 years of play for some vets) just for using Windower.
 Asura.Panasync
By Asura.Panasync 2021-06-24 11:01:50
Link | Citer | R

Reminds me of one of the first molesters of the economy when the NPCs in Tav did something similar with Barone gear they themselves sold. Pretty sure when you resold them their gear back though you'd get significantly more than what was happening with the moogle in Rabao as the price they sold it at was a mil or two in and of itself.
 Valefor.Furyspawn
Serveur: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2021-06-24 12:13:34
Link | Citer | R

I've also heard of people having all accounts associated with the same CC essentially banned since the CC was blocked. This is secondhand information, so it's quite possible the other accounts played by different people but paid for by the same CC were up to their own unadmitted shenanigans.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 Fairy.Trig
Serveur: Fairy
user: Trig
By Fairy.Trig 2021-06-24 13:32:17
Link | Citer | R

FFS nyame is still 5.55 mill each on Sylph. Why bone small servers SE? Why!?
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-24 13:44:06
Link | Citer | R

@ Valefor.Furyspawn

tl;dr: Yeah. They will ban accounts if the associated credit card has done a chargeback on them.

Long version:

I've heard similar. This was mainly due to charge-backs before the offered to purchase Crysta. You would think if you wanted to play for a month, you would pay for a month, but they would do this advanced billing thing that would f you causing angry parent's, charge-backs, and overdrafts. It was the charge-backs that SquareEnix would get pissy about, from what I've heard.

Personally I went overdraft a few times due to a new billing cycle coming in and I forgot to cancel or didn't realize they were gonna take $ out. I was a kid and had a budget, but forgot about SE ninja'ing my card with autobilling at times when I had taken a break from FFXI, wasn't even playing, and didn't know to set my characters to "To be Cancelled".

Seriously, I have NEVER seen a company that makes it more difficult to give them money when you want to either. It's not so bad these days since I know how to do it, but you have to jump through so many hoops at one point to pay them to play if you don't know what you're doing.