Avatar Fights Attachments/setup?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Avatar fights attachments/setup?
Avatar fights attachments/setup?
By Xorlarrin 2021-06-19 16:41:53
Link | Citer | R

I have heard that pups can solo avatar fights even with out Overdrive. I am just wanting to farm some rems tales so do not want to have to use overdrive everytime even if can't do higher level ones. Having to wait for overdrive each time just kills farming flow.

I tried normal and the enspell from Ramuh was hit the puppet for 500 dmg a hit and it didn't last long. I did use Mana Jammer IV and I was using setup I found in another post, using Valor head and Sharpshot frame, that said it was what they used to do avatars without OD. I saw some talk about using harley frame for more magical fights but they never said they actually tried it.

Is there a gear item that is a must have for soloing avatars w/o OD?

Could a few people plz post what setups they use, gear/attachments, for soloing avatars w/o OD?

Thanks
By Xorlarrin 2021-06-20 17:57:19
Link | Citer | R

Well, I found something that works.

Toy Theater lists the Rune Fencer puppet setup. Using Optic fiber, Optic fiber II, Auto-repair kit IV, Flashbulb, Strobe, Strobe II, Mana Jammer III, Mana Jammer IV, Steam Jacket, Armor plate IV, Equalizer, Analyzer. It even says its good for avatar fights.

I have tried it 6x on Ramuh Normal:
First two runs were me being rusty at pup and forgetting things like Ventriloquy and accidentally hitting Retrieve macro right next to a maneuver macro. Basically, I died, but it tought me its too slow to let puppet solo avatar using this setup.

Next four runs I fought with trusts. Using Karaha-Baruha, the only whm trust that casts bar spells and Apururu (UC) for backup heals. Won all four Normal with ease. Only time I was in any danger was when puppet got to half health, because I was distracted and let maneuvers fall. I may try harder then normal next time I have merits. Runs took about 11mins.

So it works out, I can use Overdrive on a harder level then do a couple of runs on Normal with this setup, for ez rems farming. W/o having to wait for OD to be ready each time.