Graphics Issue

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Graphics Issue
Graphics Issue
By Hammrtime 2021-04-04 18:46:00
Link | Citer | R

I have been having an issue with the graphics in this game for a while now. I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue or knew of a fix. Basically, there are these white dotted lines that will show up in the environment textures (mostly ground, but some tunnel walls too). Has anyone had this problem before?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By DaneBlood 2021-04-04 23:04:49
Link | Citer | R

the texture filtering/blending in thsi game is pretty horrible.

you might be able to fix it with dgvoodoo and apply some anisrophic filtering and/or AA
By Manque 2021-04-04 23:16:01
Link | Citer | R

Hammrtime said: »
I have been having an issue with the graphics in this game for a while now. I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue or knew of a fix. Basically, there are these white dotted lines that will show up in the environment textures (mostly ground, but some tunnel walls too). Has anyone had this problem before?

Could you post a screenshot?
By RadialArcana 2021-04-05 03:43:27
Link | Citer | R

Try turning off bump mapping.
 Asura.Aeonova
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-04-05 04:10:11
Link | Citer | R

Manque said: »
Could you post a screenshot?

This is likely what they mean:

I was trying to take a picture of this lovely scene of double fire element weather in Yhoater Jungle and the white lines ruined it and I couldn't adjust before the weather depopped. Super rare weather too so it would have been nice to get a better image with /names off and the elemental more centered, but alas. Oh, and it was 18:00~ game time and I'm very not used to see heat weather at that time of day. *cries*

By DaneBlood 2021-04-05 07:13:03
Link | Citer | R

I believe those are junction lines. comes from little rounding errors between texture object borders. Creating an "empty" space.

I would guess AA could fix or reduce the effect to it.

the old quake game used to have a command to enable better handling of those called gl_keeptjunctions