Autotarget Addon - Does It Exist?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Autotarget Addon - Does it exist?
Autotarget Addon - Does it exist?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Arico
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2021-03-17 18:54:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
He was talking about a scenario where you'd have auto-target off, then have the theoretical program pick a new mob to target as you disengage, which means you then have to engage again and possibly have outdated server code delay the engaging animation, because that's what he thought Thorny's goal was regarding the post he quoted. He wasn't talking about a scenario where you're engaged the entire time between mobs.

Yeah, he said that he misread my original post in the post above yours. Thanks for the clarification.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [183 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-09-16 19:38:52
Link | Citer | R

Hmm looking at this, is there anyway to make this work on monster death?

Anyway to call it from gearswap or do you need to put away your weapon first?
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2021-09-16 21:06:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

I can’t think of a reason you’d want to put it on gearswap, but yeah.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-09-16 22:37:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Arico said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »

I can’t think of a reason you’d want to put it on gearswap, but yeah.

As an alternate incase there isn't a native way to do it with windower. What I'm looking for is a way to tweak the auto-target / auto-attack system to control the next monster selected on death. Instead of the game naturally selecting the farthest most inconvenient target possible, it just selects the closest valid target.
By Chimerawizard 2021-09-16 23:18:11
Link | Citer | R

I know default we always target ...either the highest or lowest mob ID that's aggressive to the party and in some sight cone from you. almost certain it's highest ID.

Is that list player side and we just tell the server what ID is our next target, or is it server side where we say, enemy dead + autotarget on, who's next?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [249 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-23 23:16:11
Link | Citer | R

They acknowledged in latest AMA that auto target selecting monsters the furthest away from your frontal view is not the correct behavior and will request an "investigation". Fingers crossed it gets addressed, huge pain point for many people.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-05-24 07:51:29
Link | Citer | R

Wow, they actually brought this up with the devs? To be honest, I don't think the current devs are even aware of how auto targeting is set to work. It's clearly based off the mob ID list. It's probably just the list you see when you widescan mobs, and goes from top to bottom sequentially. It would be really great if they could change it to check mob distances and just auto-target whatever's closest to you. That really shouldn't be too hard to implement.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-24 09:07:30
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
It would be really great if they could change it to check mob distances and just auto-target whatever's closest to you.

They answered the question in a way that sounds like they thought that's how it should be working:

Quote:
A: To determine a target, the auto-target system evaluates factors such as whether an enemy is close to the front of other characters within range. As you’ve pointed out, we believe the fact that it targets enemies outside of auto-attack range is an issue.

The system was sufficient back in the day when the game couldn’t gracefully handle as many monsters as it currently can; however, it’s true that it’s become less suitable for the battle styles of current players. There’s a lot of aspects to this that we’re unsure if we can adjust, so we’ll try requesting an investigation first.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2022-05-24 09:57:11
Link | Citer | R

Yeah the auto target has always picked whichever mob is furthest for me. I never understood the reasoning behind it, just accepted it as part of the game lol. It would be nice if they fixed it though, gets in the way sometimes
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-05-24 11:31:46
Link | Citer | R

For what it's worth, I think the in-game auto-target works the exact same way tab targeting works. It goes from left to right, front to back (importantly, in that order) and picks the first mob in the "tab" order.

The problem with this is when there's a mob to your left and 10 yalms away, and also one right in front of you and 2 yalms away. It will go with the mob really far away and mess you up.

Would be nice if it worked like F8 instead of like tab targeting, but IMHO that's what's happening here.

Of course most people are also probably aware, but this only applies to mobs who are aggressive to you and your party, not including trusts.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-24 11:37:13
Link | Citer | R

There's a command we used to use in Ballista to automatically target the closest opponent in a match.

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Command/targetopp

It only worked when you were not engaged, though. All they would have to do is make autotarget operate exactly like /targetopp, except for enemies only while engaged. Then it will always align to the closest monster. Whatever other factors they said they need to look into to see whether it would be possible or not, I'm not aware of.

edit: someone mentioned a command I was not aware of, /targetbnpc
Targets the closest NPC or monster within a certain radius that can participate in battle, excluding alter egos.

So yeah, the command is already in the game, just needs to be merged with the autotarget logic for when you are engaged.
[+]