users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » PLD/DRK
PLD/DRK
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2021-02-21 17:33:37
Link | Citer | R

Last couple of days a few people have been talking about/ using this sub job for PLD. How valid is it versus /blu? What spells are best for using to hold hate with it?
By Taint 2021-02-21 17:44:24
Link | Citer | R

It’s excellent for single target and very good for 2-3 mobs.

Flash and Stun rotation. Poisonga for tagging. You can hit LR for a quick emnity boost and then click it off.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-02-21 17:45:13
Link | Citer | R

also nice when you have dispels to deal with, like this month's ambuscade.
By Aricomfy 2021-02-21 17:45:56
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure it was so they could use Arcane Circle to help kill the Iron Giants quicker in this months V1 Ambuscade. Other than that, I have literally zero clue why anyone would sub DRK on PLD. If anyone knows, please enlighten me.

Edit: I have been enlightened.
 Shiva.Berzerk
Serveur: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2021-02-21 18:10:07
Link | Citer | R

This month's ambu has lots of amnesia spam, too. So having Stun as opposed to voke or /blu spells works great
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2021-02-21 18:22:57
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Berzerk said: »
This month's ambu has lots of amnesia spam, too. So having Stun as opposed to voke or /blu spells works great

Yeah, getting those long casting BLU spells off in VD requires a blessing from heaven. SIRD doesn’t do jack against stun spam....
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-02-21 18:47:00
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »

Yeah, getting those long casting BLU spells off in VD requires a blessing from heaven. SIRD doesn’t do jack against stun spam....
Well, Iron Giant melee attacks sorta count as physical WS. So if you shield block them, the added effects are prevented.

The issue there is that the dispel is going to eat your reprisal. So block rate is going to suck. And probably suck even more if you're having to use Aegis, which I heard some people are.
 Shiva.Berzerk
Serveur: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2021-02-21 18:59:51
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »

Well, Iron Giant melee attacks sorta count as physical WS. So if you shield block them, the added effects are prevented.

The issue there is that the dispel is going to eat your reprisal. So block rate is going to suck. And probably suck even more if you're having to use Aegis, which I heard some people are.

So Ochain unless manafont goes off? very very interesting..
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2021-02-21 19:19:28
Link | Citer | R

I have a Priwen, but some people suggested using Aegis this fight because of the nukes. I don’t have an Ochain, yet.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2021-02-22 10:48:49
Link | Citer | R

Any other unique sub jobs that would be good to have for PLD for situational uses besides WAR, BLU, and DRK?
 Bahamut.Belkin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-02-22 10:55:27
Link | Citer | R

Any other unique sub jobs that would be good to have for PLD for situational uses besides WAR, BLU, and DRK?

/BRD so you can sing yourself Minne. Take zero damage with Minne.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-02-22 11:40:23
Link | Citer | R

/SMN for that once in a blue moon time you can utilize Mewing.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2021-02-22 12:08:18
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »
It’s excellent for single target and very good for 2-3 mobs.

Flash and Stun rotation. Poisonga for tagging. You can hit LR for a quick emnity boost and then click it off.
Absorb-TP is also decent enmity 320-320 iirc. The rest of the absorbs are just 640 VE but something to do while waiting on Flash/Stun/Absorb-TP if you aren't in a engaged for Atonement. Souleater click off too or just leave it on if you aren't engaged and want dispel bait.