Is Anyone Mercing Askar/Sobo On Fairy-General Samurai Questions

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Fairy » Is Anyone Mercing Askar/Sobo on Fairy-General Samurai Questions
Is Anyone Mercing Askar/Sobo on Fairy-General Samurai Questions
 Fairy.Deliverance
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
By Fairy.Deliverance 2009-10-27 11:44:46
Link | Citer | R

Check my Bazaar send me a /tell in game, or message me on here.
I am working on access to the Sobo... but, that won't be an issue.

Also ... SAM.

I've recently take SAM up from 9-38, nearly 39 since my last post.

I'm finally reaching the grounds of using a polearm. (It's a neccessity).

Would it be best to lvl DRG strictly to raise polearm? Or just grind skilling up.

Thanks in advance, for either.
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-10-27 11:54:20
Link | Citer | R

I'd say just grind it up on sam, shouldn't really take too long, I can't really say how easy it will be as I already had my polearm capped from DRG.

Also depends on what level your DRG is.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-27 12:05:37
Link | Citer | R

You'll have to pardon me... Why? All 6 items are fairly easy to get (Nyzul dicking you on droprate notwithstanding, since you'll have to deal with that regardless) and quite frankly most of the Askar set isn't worth spending gil on, much less wearing outside of town in common situations as SAM goes. I see SAMs with extensive gear sets (read: more than just TP and WS sets) using a grand total of 3 pieces (head hands feet), 4 if you pick up the Korazin because a) you have Amano or b) it was freelot and a DRG didn't need it, and you'll use it for trash mobs only. Basic DD SAMs will use all of... Askar Zucchetto, for soloing and any other situation where for whatever reason they aren't getting Haste buffs and have uncapped accuracy.

Just grind Polearm, though it's worth leveling DRG to 37 for a sub when using GKT with the earring.
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-27 12:06:42
Link | Citer | R

Lv drg to 37 at least, will need for a sub anyways.

As for your bazaar, that's a lot of money you're throwing away. For example, Askar feet for 750k.
A) Floor 20 is the lowest tier of floors. That wouldn't take much effort at all
B) Rutter sabatons are easier to get and better for sam ws.

Good luck though if you choose to purchase them. At least try to haggle the price though so you're not wasting money.
 Fairy.Deliverance
By Fairy.Deliverance 2009-10-27 12:08:06
Link | Citer | R

Just because I'm particular/like the set.

Also I want the set for Beastmaster. (68/75).

You don't have to pardon, or tell me that I'll have to pardon you, your opinions are well liked and it's why I posted in the first place to get ... opinions =).

Well my DRG is 1, and I was thinking of getting it to 37 for the sub (well thinking && doing eventually) Figured if I just put SAM on the side for awhile, set up a few good xp partys, and got polearm to cap for 37, then just start doing East Ron [S] partys for awhile... until 54 for Wajaom woodlands, and catch up pole arm from whatever it will be 105-117, to 150 for Penta.

Good plan?

Vegetto what would you pay for them?
Granted I can get a Nyzul Isle Static going I may be removing them from my bazaar, but, partys are few and far between for the jobs I have *right* now. I can farm decent enough on BST to consider paying for them.

I'll look into Rutter Sabatons.

Can you read over my bottom post?
By Cailleach 2009-10-27 12:12:45
Link | Citer | R

Talk to Andrinne....freelot sack...she has group that sells askar gear
 Pandemonium.Areis
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Areis
By Pandemonium.Areis 2009-10-27 12:12:57
Link | Citer | R

The Pca and Zechutto are worth it, skip buying the rest. I love my Soboro it makes my Sam feel "fun" but really i'll admit it's not the best option for a GTK especially in today's pole arm world.

Personally for leveling Polearm, I'd say level Dragoon to do it. Now it's just me but i had a lot more fun leveling Dragoon than Sam, but either way Drg is an interesting situation ally useful sub for Sam, so if you break it to 37 your polearm will be capped and if you don't like it it's done till you break it out as a SJ.
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-10-27 12:13:49
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Lv drg to 37 at least, will need for a sub anyways.

As for your bazaar, that's a lot of money you're throwing away. For example, Askar feet for 750k.
A) Floor 20 is the lowest tier of floors. That wouldn't take much effort at all
B) Rutter sabatons are easier to get and better for sam ws.

Good luck though if you choose to purchase them. At least try to haggle the price though so you're not wasting money.

Ah how could I forget about that :)

/DRG on sam is awesome (if you get the earring of course, even without it it is fun!) I still need to get that earring for my sam also.
 Fairy.Deliverance
By Fairy.Deliverance 2009-10-27 12:28:34
Link | Citer | R

I already have the Haste ear-ring, just was trying to figure out the best way to get this done.

I have a lot to do obviously :p.

Thanks for all the input

Back to work.

Keep the opinions coming.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-10-27 12:51:27
Link | Citer | R

Askar Head - I wouldn't bother going out of your way to get it. Turban is better in most situations for SAM.
Askar Body - Decent if you use it properly but generally inferior to the very readily available Haubergeon line.
Askar Hands - Just get Dusk.
Askar Legs - if no Byakko's, I'd probably use Shinimusha Haidate for 6hit
Askar Feet - Physical damage reduction set, fairly decent weaponskill piece.

For BST, Head is considerably more worthwhile though I still wouldn't -really- bother with it... Askar Legs/Feet are nice for a BST though.

If you have the patience, you can easily get Askar Feet without paying. Goliard Clogs are an incredibly good mage piece and if you "lock" Askar Feet to you (ie participants may only lot on Denali/Goliard), you'll get a lot of people coming along for the Goliard.
 Carbuncle.Kyhira
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Kyhira 2009-10-27 13:27:34
Link | Citer | R

Just wondering, looking in your bazaar and see you wanna buy a PCA for 2 mil. Why dont you just go and buy the PCC for about the same price?
 Fairy.Deliverance
By Fairy.Deliverance 2009-10-27 13:34:43
Link | Citer | R

I put that in there for me, I already have a PCC, I want to get a PCA, just because I'm particular and don't mind /camping.

:d.

Sorry for the confusion Kyhira.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-27 13:51:36
Link | Citer | R

You're weird, Deliv. That is all.
 Fairy.Deliverance
By Fairy.Deliverance 2009-10-27 14:08:24
Link | Citer | R

Thanks T.
 Odin.Ahligieri
Serveur: Odin
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-10-27 14:11:56
Link | Citer | R

Deliv, you'll be better off just being a tad patient and organizing your own Soboro run, and Nyzul Static. The only thing you need for your sam is probably the feet for a dmg down build or WS until rutters. Or the head if you're tired of looking at Walmart Turban. Body is okay sometimes, but don't full time it.

Join a couple of shouted Nyzul runs before you make a group, to get a feel of it. Then just have your group all on vent/skype, and it should be pretty easy. I was the only heavy DD in my group, really, and we blew through it.

Soboro pop items can be farmed at the spawn, so there's no reason to pay any gil for one. Ever. Just take some focused BLMs or DRKs, fill in the rest with your standard setup. Boom.
 Fairy.Deliverance
By Fairy.Deliverance 2009-10-27 14:13:34
Link | Citer | R

Focused BLM and DRKs... hehehe... I wish I could find a lot more willing to help, that's why I am getting impatient.

Thank you Ahli.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2009-10-28 07:00:23
Link | Citer | R

if you want, i'll be willing to merc nyzule gear, i've already sold 2bodies, 1headpiece, and 1legpiece in the past. atm im not using any tags on anything, so hitme up ingame i'll see what i can do for you.
[+]
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-10-28 07:34:46
Link | Citer | R

In defense, I've done over 40 floor 20 runs and have only seen Askar drop once, Denali never (which is what I want >:[), and like twelve Goliard. And a whole lotta nothing. Is my luck just that bad? ; ;
 Fairy.Deliverance
By Fairy.Deliverance 2009-10-28 07:54:47
Link | Citer | R

Thanks Azul, Gho I will message you in game.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-10-28 08:08:29
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Azulmagia said:
In defense, I've done over 40 floor 20 runs and have only seen Askar drop once, Denali never (which is what I want >:[), and like twelve Goliard. And a whole lotta nothing. Is my luck just that bad? ; ;

Went floor 0-100 and farmed floors loads for a few months and only ever saw 1 denali body, 1 askar body and 1 goli hands. I hate Nyzul >.>

Get the askar feet for SAM though, great help if you enjoy tanking stuff. Can't see if you have Usukane feet but if not spend all the gil you got mercing them, it will open up a lot more options gear wise for you plus it looks hot.

As for rest of Askar gear, it's mostly beat by other stuff on SAM but it looks cool so can't blame you for wanting it. Good luck.
 Kujata.Argettio
Serveur: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-10-28 08:15:58
Link | Citer | R

Shame you are not on my server, I would take you up on that offer. But that set is worth no where near 4.25 million.

The group I normally run with has TH4 (which may not help due to the way the treasure pool is semi automated) and we normally average around 50% drop rate (meaning 1 armour piece drops 50% of the time, which one is random)
 Fairy.Deliverance
By Fairy.Deliverance 2009-10-28 08:39:54
Link | Citer | R

Hahaha thanks Argettio :)

Yes I wish I was on your server as well, in order to get Askar, being a BST at heart to me, the set is priceless. Then again I am just particular, and I like Askar, and don't want to resort to /shout partys.

Thanks =)
 Pandemonium.Bonlack
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Bonlack
By Pandemonium.Bonlack 2009-10-28 09:03:42
Link | Citer | R

I'd just get the floors done in nyzul with a static instead of buying gear. Reason #1 you will be getting gear runs on the way up #2 it will be done and out of the way #3 after 100 you can get Tachi Rana which imo is incredile for any sam to be able to solo dark skillchain. As for the gear Askar head > Walahra Turban. I'll take 4 dex/vit/str over 30hp/1% haste any day. Plus your getting a small amount of acc with the head. For the feet Rutters are better for sam. Now the body is tricky, IF you have 5/5 store tp merits 8/8 Gk merits, B.haidate and a PCC then body is ok to use for exp mobs like Greater colibri. HNM haubergeon no matter what. If no weapon merits then just stick to hauby for exp mobs. Body makes nice solo piece for lower lvl mobs with the store tp and evasion. For the hands i like askar over dusk. Again i'll take the Dex stats and ability to not have to swap hands to run over the 1% haste on dusk. And as for polearm just grind it out. its honestly not that great for merit pts unless you gear your sam for polearm, such as merits and etc. Hope this posts helps you out on your decision making.

BTW i left out legs b/c i dont use them for sam b/c B.haidate and shura legs are best for sam, but for BST they would be great if you dont have haidate already.
 Fairy.Deliverance
By Fairy.Deliverance 2009-10-28 09:10:37
Link | Citer | R

Updated my bazaar.
 Fairy.Arcarsenal
By Fairy.Arcarsenal 2009-10-28 21:38:38
Link | Citer | R

For the love of god don't pay for Nyzul gear.

I do Nyzul runs fairly often, but I only have up to floor 66 atm. If you want to join a floor 20 run sometime, /sea <me> sometime after 8pm PST most nights. If I'm not in dynamis or einherjar I'm usually looking to do some Nyzul boss runs. As far as what you're interested in, I could really only take you on 20 runs, since I already have what I need from 60 and I still want Askar from 40.

Seriously, seriously...do not pay for Nyzul gear. Askar is not really worth it in any case. I started going for goliard gear in earnest about 5 or 6 weeks ago, and I'm 3/5 now. Drop rates can be really bad sometimes, but if you keep doing the runs, you will get the gear eventually.
[+]