Converting Points To Gil, Similar To Sparks

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Converting points to gil, similar to sparks
Converting points to gil, similar to sparks
By Blackhalo714 2023-02-14 04:33:50
Link | Citer | R

Just spent a few minutes with this for giggles. After reading the acheron shield nerf archives and didn't realize how long that actually lasted before they nerfed it.
It brings me back to the days of farming blood in Sanctuary of Zitah (which got nerfed) and wisteria lumber from Boyahda Tree (nerfed also).
Thinking that was good gil at the time. Well at least farming in Zitah was peaceful with the music.

Sitting at 91,196,000 Conquest Points just doing master levels not counting time spent at colibri camps.
Loaded-Fast CS, SellNpc
Warrior job to skip one less click dialog from conquest npc.
Royal Squire Halberd- 4,266 gil each. x 4,000 conquest points.
16 spaces open took about 2 minutes to to buy and sell.

91,196,000 divided into 4,000= 22,799
22,799 x 4,266= 97,260,534 gil

Boring as crap but there if you need gil. Still wonder why they even try to nerf anything just to add something else.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-02-14 10:56:12
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
Block works fine, it's just that they made you type the whole name and they make stupid names to counter that.

FYI for you/others who may not realize it: you can go into the chat log (expanded), click on a message from someone, then hit "tell" and it will put /tell name into your chatbox. Arrow over to /tell, replace with /blist add, and you're all done. Don't need to figure out how to spell their name or type all those letters.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-02-14 11:04:21
Link | Citer | R

On the original topic though: This is a perfect example of cheating in FFXI in my opinion. Firstly, obviously the 90 million (or whatever number) of CP were earned by botting so that's a whole 'nother can of worms, but say you even farmed those CP legit.

A vanilla player could purchase 22,500 Royal Squire Halberds and individually sell them to the NPC and earn 90m gil, but that would take hundreds of hours and not be worth it.

A player with these addons can do it in 5 hours and it's totally worth it.

The arguments that these scripts are just automating the boring stuff out of the game completely fall apart, in my opinion, when you look at an example like this. Absolutely nobody is going to manually buy thousands of items and sell them one at a time to an NPC, but these third party programs allow you to earn 90m that you wouldn't otherwise have.

Finally, to the point of "nobody was harmed" which is commonly brought up: you are going to spend that 90m gil on something, which means you're adding extra competition on the market for whatever item you want to buy. And then you will have that item, meaning you'll be more competitive than the player who didn't bot his CP into gil when someone is putting together a PUG group, ody static, etc.

I know this thread wasn't necessarily supposed to be about the morality of using scripts, but this example just leapt out at me as the perfect example to explain how these "innocuous" cheats are absolutely, blatantly cheating and harmful to non-cheating players. You do you, but I will continue to laugh at efforts to show how these cheats aren't actually cheats because it's not an aimbot directly harming another person who is directly competing with you 1-on-1 in a black and white PVP competition of skill.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2023-02-14 13:35:21
Link | Citer | R

Blackhalo714 said: »
Just spent a few minutes with this for giggles. After reading the acheron shield nerf archives and didn't realize how long that actually lasted before they nerfed it.
It brings me back to the days of farming blood in Sanctuary of Zitah (which got nerfed) and wisteria lumber from Boyahda Tree (nerfed also).
Thinking that was good gil at the time. Well at least farming in Zitah was peaceful with the music.

Sitting at 91,196,000 Conquest Points just doing master levels not counting time spent at colibri camps.
Loaded-Fast CS, SellNpc

Boring as crap but there if you need gil. Still wonder why they even try to nerf anything just to add something else.

well, this is likely wholly unforseen by the dartboard they use to determine the next Locus camp, a massive pain in the *** to do legit, and still not exactly a very efficient means of making money anyways.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-02-14 14:06:13
Link | Citer | R

Gearswap is cheating. Windower is cheating. Everyone's a cheater unless you play vanilla. Round and round we go.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-02-14 15:22:59
Link | Citer | R

Dodik said: »
Gearswap is cheating. Windower is cheating. Everyone's a cheater unless you play vanilla. Round and round we go.

Won't hear any argument from me, but I'm a bit of an outlier on this issue.

I had a whole rant in here about how it's all blantantly cheating and everyone just ignores it because they like cheating, but I know it's not going to change anyone's mind about anything so just assume I said it and it went in one ear and out the other.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2023-02-14 16:11:10
Link | Citer | R

Blackhalo714 said: »
Loaded-Fast CS, SellNpc

Now I assume you can get a lot better if you actually clear your inventory first but at the rate of 16 bought/sold every 2 min.

22799/16 = 1,425 trips at 2 min each or 2850 minutes which is 47.5 hours where you are making a little under 2mil per hour (not counting the presumably 100s of hours of botted master levels.)

That sounds miserable and totally not worth but I assume people will set up bots for this too.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-14 16:14:08
Link | Citer | R

Free gil is free gil. If you're not doing it, that's gil you're throwing away.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-02-14 16:16:59
Link | Citer | R

There are very few, if any, activities you can do in FFXI which will guarantee 2m/hr, and with 80 open inventory it should be significantly faster.

You might want to blow your brains out because it's boring, but you can also just do it for an hour or two a day while watching Netflix or whatever, it's not like you have to actually do anything. that's the whole point of botting.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-02-14 16:46:35
Link | Citer | R

You can do Conquest Point conversion faster in Bastok.

Rank 5 has a gun that NPCs for 17.3k or something along that line. 16k CP for 17k gil. Less trips to convert at a slightly lower rate than the Centurion's Axe or the Mercenary Captain's Scythe. Royal Halberd is a little less gil than those rank 3 options as well.

Caveat on the musketeer gun is that Bastok has to be in first place.
[+]
 Leviathan.Linsivi
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Linsivi
By Leviathan.Linsivi 2023-02-15 00:46:54
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Dodik said: »

Won't hear any argument from me, but I'm a bit of an outlier on this issue.

I had a whole rant in here about how it's all blantantly cheating and everyone just ignores it because they like cheating, but I know it's not going to change anyone's mind about anything so just assume I said it and it went in one ear and out the other.

The irony posting this on a website that pulls data from the AH server. It's a 20+ year old game, it's only about optimization now.
[+]
By Blackhalo714 2023-02-15 02:06:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »
You can do Conquest Point conversion faster in Bastok.

Rank 5 has a gun that NPCs for 17.3k or something along that line. 16k CP for 17k gil. Less trips to convert at a slightly lower rate than the Centurion's Axe or the Mercenary Captain's Scythe. Royal Halberd is a little less gil than those rank 3 options as well.

Caveat on the musketeer gun is that Bastok has to be in first place.

Did not know this. Was just going by Eiryl's list on page 2 and had some time to kill. Was manually doing it with limited slots.
Seems like a touchy subject so will leave it at that.
Don't want this to turn into official ffxi forums where one person hijacks everyone comments. Was mostly just going back to the point of how SE nerfs and nerfs things just create more loopholes.

I didn't care about the acheron shield nerf. It actually got to the point where that is all my linkshell friends wanted to do.
4 hours experience objectives nights were not fun.

Cheating, fun, exploits, right, wrong all subjective I guess. I was one of those people many years ago that played vanilla while knowing people that used gearswap/addons. Using 2-3 macros to execute commands fighting server lag. One day I just decided to learn windower and gearswap and started to enjoy the game on a new level.
[+]