Forum » FFXI » General » January 2021 Version Update
January 2021 Version Update
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-01-11 23:58:48
Link | Citer | R

It'll be interesting to see what the augments are. Most of those items have pretty boring base stats, but with the right enhancement that could easily change. A few of them are good as is, so there's definite potential.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 00:00:18
Link | Citer | R

Is that a typo on the dagger? 247 dagger and parrying skill
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-12 00:01:32
Link | Citer | R

likely
By Manque 2021-01-12 00:01:55
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Alter egos may not be called forth.

This is for the prep/staging grounds area I hope. There's also a line that says

Quote:
Players will not be able to call forth alter egos until they have left Sheol: Gaol.

So either this is a translation/localization error or you can't use trusts. Which would be DUMB if it were the latter

Quite confident this is a translation error.

JPN: 呼び出したフェイスはリストから消滅し、「シェオル ジェール」から退出するまで、再度呼び出すことはできません。

ENG: Trusts called will be removed from the list. Trusts cannot be used again until leaving Sheol Goal.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-01-12 00:04:38
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Is that a typo on the dagger? 247 dagger and parrying skill

Probably is. I'm honestly not intrigued by it with those stats. The aug will make or break it for me. It's a defensive weapon, but we have malignance now. Sure -8dt fulltime is nice, but it's not worth sacrificing ternion +1 offhand for most content. It's offensive capabilities are bad compared to existing pieces which makes it a niche piece. Certainly not bad for solo, but not what I'd want in group content.

But again... we don't know the augments on any of these. Throw something interesting on it and my opinion could quickly change.

Edit: Also it has enmity + 10. It's supposed to be a tanking dagger I guess? Definitely a niche piece with just the base stats.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 00:09:05
Link | Citer | R

Idk. It also has meva, large HP, and evasion. It pairs even better with malignance. I kind of like defensive options more than dps options all the time. Like the Katana is a solid offhand for Fudo Masamune for tanking even with nothing else on it. Perhaps they carry the defensive theme right into the augments, I kinda don't think having competing dps options that invalidates the last bis weapon is a cool idea...
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2021-01-12 00:10:44
Link | Citer | R

That's a very interesting Earring. Reduces Enmity with each melee attack. Not sure how well it'd work if you're hitting for high amounts and the Enmity you generate from that but when stacked with Dirge it could really help out on longer fights, W3 Divergence bosses spring to mind.

Tsuru looks like the ultimate offhand for Fudo Masamune or Nagi NIN tank. Just wish the job itself got a patch to give it an easier time in that capacity.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-01-12 00:14:27
Link | Citer | R

Different playstyles for different people, which is perfectly fine. It's not a bad weapon, and there are plenty of uses for defensive builds. But generally the metagame mentality is "DD's want to build so they can survive while putting out as much DPS as they can to kill things faster". Thief and dancer are both DD's now, and at their top end they're both really competitive. If it were a great axe or polearm with similar stats would warriors or dragoons want to main that over Chango or Shining one? I doubt it. Yeah it would have its niche uses, but it wouldn't be the go to weapon for group content. And because the weapon is the biggest factor in DPS output that's a really good analogy here.
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2021-01-12 00:18:06
Link | Citer | R

pretty small selection of equipment, i was expecting more.
 Odin.Senaki
Serveur: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-01-12 00:23:26
Link | Citer | R

Does this mean that I actually need to start doing Odyssey?
[+]
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2021-01-12 00:23:28
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »
That's a very interesting Earring. Reduces Enmity with each melee attack. Not sure how well it'd work if you're hitting for high amounts and the Enmity you generate from that but when stacked with Dirge it could really help out on longer fights, W3 Divergence bosses spring to mind.

Indeed.. We can finally utilize that small MP pool for something..

I like this one.. with /drg sub..

Lets see what the augments bring to the table!

Seeing as this is the first of many items they will be adding to the pool in the future, they flexed pretty well here.

The Augments will bring some more thrill..

Odyssey went out with a bang..
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 00:26:11
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Thief and dancer are both DD's now

THF is super frail. I die in two hits in Sheol C from a Beastmen monster, if I get an unlucky crit and not using malignance.

(server's up)
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2021-01-12 00:28:36
Link | Citer | R

XIView's font and icons have been reverted as of this this update.

EDIT: Only Icons haven't been reverted but other stuff have
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 00:54:45
Link | Citer | R

FYI - The first 3 Moglophone IIs are free from the Pilgrim Moogle
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 01:38:21
Link | Citer | R

Gonna repost this from Odyssey thread in case people want info before entering.

Quick breakdown of Sheol: Gaol

First 3 Moglophone IIs are free
Your ordinary Moglophone is not consumed upon entry

Staging Area:
Moogle Mastery carries into Sheol: Gaol
Takes 57 seconds to load inventory and bags. Literally.
Storage is not accessible
There are no Porter Moogles (bring gear beforehand)
Meds are wiped entering the Staging area, and then wiped again entering the battle. I lost Reraise twice this way.
You can select which boss you want to kill. There were 4 initially, and the boss is removed from the list when you kill it the next time around.
The first time through there was no difficulty setting

Battle:
You can call trusts in battle, but as soon as you use them, they dim out. Then disappear from menu when you close it.
You can't re-use same trusts AT ALL, even in the same boss fight. This makes recovering from a wipe annoying since you have to use new trusts.
You CAN call trusts after they die mid-fight, but again, can't be same trust you used.
For some reason, my UC Sylvie was not available for any of the fights. Not sure if this is a glitch or intended. Kind of stupid.
This zone is insanely bad with lag. Like dynamis-D lag bad. It took me 5 seconds to see any actions I did. This makes it hard to keep track of things like debuffs, shadows etc.

NMs:

Gogmagog - Dullahan. Nothing special, died in 3 minutes on MNK. Used August to tank
U Bnai - Acuex. Killed on BLU. Just continued to wipe shadows. Used Mnejing to tank
Sgili - orange Umbril. Uses an AOE doom move Terminal Bloom. Save your whm trusts that can -na for him, or bring holy waters. I died to him, but was able to recover and kill him.
NMs don't recover HP.

Overall, the fights were very easy. Will have to see what else is available on the next entry.

After fight, you get KI for NM you kill (i.e. Information on Sgili KI). You get a message saying you can't re-enter on that job.
Timer from last staging area resumes

You return to staging area after first two fights. Return to Rabao after 3rd.

After first set of 3 kills, Moogle allows you to buy items from him. It's a gear shop that costs real gil to buy it. This is probably what is going to go up or down in price (smart way of doing this).

It looks like the price goes down. Pilgrim Moogle says this: "I can provide you with services for cheaper if you continue your investigations into Dealan-dhe, kupo".

[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-01-12 01:47:43
Link | Citer | R

RIP Sancus?
By Pantafernando 2021-01-12 01:52:10
Link | Citer | R

Also, it seems, unlike JSE weapon, that had minus enmity on it, now the weapons have plus enmity.

I guess a new set on weapons that aims making the DD more tankier? No other reason to give enmity+ to THF and DNC, plus huge amount of DT.

BTW, depending how easy is the Odyssey NM, its a good weapon for mules, if we can just drag them to the battlefield (aka, if they can just leech without compromising the fight).
By Pantafernando 2021-01-12 01:56:09
Link | Citer | R

BTW, another terrible idea implementing another gil sink in game.

Gonna increase the deflation, given those gears arent cheap at all.
By SimonSes 2021-01-12 02:03:29
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
BTW, another terrible idea implementing another gil sink in game.

Gonna increase the deflation, given those gears arent cheap at all.

I mean its 2M per item and sounds like it can be lowered. Most people will probably buy just few. Its not more than one set of relic+AF for one job.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-01-12 02:06:53
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
If it were a great axe or polearm with similar stats would warriors or dragoons want to main that over Chango or Shining one? I doubt it
if it didn't cost them their mainhand like it doesn't for a thf or dnc in this situation, they absolutely would
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-01-12 02:07:30
Link | Citer | R

Also, it seems, unlike JSE weapon, that had minus enmity on it, now the weapons have plus enmity.

I guess a new set on weapons that aims making the DD more tankier? No other reason to give enmity+ to THF and DNC, plus huge amount of DT.

BTW, depending how easy is the Odyssey NM, its a good weapon for mules, if we can just drag them to the battlefield (aka, if they can just leech without compromising the fight).

If your mules/alts have 18 jobs sitting at 99 in preparation for this sure. I'd be more interested to find out if the equipment is same-account deliverable.

Untiy gear (thankfully) is still sendable even after augmenting.
By Pantafernando 2021-01-12 02:09:03
Link | Citer | R

Its all sums up in the end.

If i can, i will sure add many of those to my non-main chars.
By Pantafernando 2021-01-12 02:09:38
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

If your mules/alts have 18 jobs sitting at 99 in preparation for this sure. I'd be more interested to find out if the equipment is same-account d-boxable.

I just checked, there is no flag "CanSendPol". Can not send it so.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-01-12 02:12:58
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

If your mules/alts have 18 jobs sitting at 99 in preparation for this sure. I'd be more interested to find out if the equipment is same-account d-boxable.

I just checked, there is no flag "CanSendPol". Can not send it so.
Damn. Oh well. My same-account mules are prepared for this scenario, plus it's more kill contributions to the server in general. Different methods, but same end result.
By gargurty 2021-01-12 02:16:48
Link | Citer | R

Seeing this post this will be something I'll probably never do. Not really worth it for the gear. It's more for solo or peeps with multiple accounts. But I could be wrong :/
Feels like the failed stuff where you could fight as a monster (forgot the name of it lol). Or pancriation.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-01-12 02:35:04
Link | Citer | R

gargurty said: »
Seeing this post this will be something I'll probably never do. Not really worth it for the gear. It's more for solo or peeps with multiple accounts. But I could be wrong :/
Feels like Monstronsity or Pankration.

FTFY

Eh. Different strokes, different folks. It's new and we have yet to see how things will play out the coming days. Some of us have a few more options to play with than others.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-01-12 02:57:04
Link | Citer | R

Seems to be a new Npc at South Sandy Mog House which crashes the game when you get close.
Running by gives grapich glitches, targeting it crashes my game.
Only used dat swaps are the latest xiview atm.
Same Npc found in Windurst Waters Mog House, also crashed the game when targeting it. NPc = A.M.A.N Liasion.
By Pantafernando 2021-01-12 03:10:02
Link | Citer | R

Incoming emergency maint?
By Mrxi 2021-01-12 03:10:54
Link | Citer | R

works fine to me.. walking past it, clicking it with and without new roe set.
By SimonSes 2021-01-12 03:12:23
Link | Citer | R

Mrxi said: »
works fine to me.. walking past it, clicking it with and without new roe set.

You mean this A.M.A.N Liaison guy? Works fine for me too. Looks like those dat swaps are the problem.