Forum » FFXI » General » Leg armor!
Leg armor!
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15
 Fenrir.Phatstackodax
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Phatstackodax 2009-10-29 17:57:36
Link | Citer | R

I'm gonna do these for bst / pup. I don't really see any reason to do them for other jobs...

*pet acc and ranged acc +7
*pet attack and ranged attack +7
*pet store tp and subtle blow +8
*pet magic acc +7

*movement speed +8% -> this I will have b/c I want it.

Of the other choices, what do you other bst or pups think?
 Diabolos.Ghlin
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2009-10-29 18:12:19
Link | Citer | R

A lot of ideas here, but for PLD, the legs w/ HP+25 VIT+2 and PDT-4 is your 2nd best mitigation tank legs. Second to Koenig. And for PLD, if you'll never see Crim Cuisses, these will give you a good substitute. My only question is if 8% is good enough for EG kiting or not? I imagine that it would be.

For DRG, THF, and DRK, (non BH jobs) Acc+7/Haste+3 is your best TP legs. (THF might say Skadie's is better, and I'd agree, but salvage armor isn't easy to get.) Arguable about the DA+2 as already mentioned. For DRG who merits on birds a lot, going with Acc+7 b/c you can't use Sushi. If you're an avid sushi user, DA+2 might be a solid choice alongside Haste+3.

For B.Haidate jobs, hard time choosing. Nothing really stands out imho. If you're a BH job, but dont' have them yet, maybe worth using as a placeholder.

For Mages, I'd say Cure+5 and Enmity-4 is your best bet. For players who will never see Gaiters, or Crim Cuisses, I say Cure+5 Movement+8. I'd say PDT-4 would be ok, but lackluster overall imho. I'd go with Cure+5 even on BLM. Maybe not on BLM... but definitely SCH, RDM, WHM, etc.

For Bard, my job, I'm doing Movement and Cure over Movement and Song recast. Song recast is good, but I don't want to cast these with Lullaby in anything worthwhile. I also have 0 problems with Song Recast right now. I just wouldn't benefit from it enough. Cure+5 helps my RDM as well, and a lot of times for EG or lowman events, I'm curing as BRD. I see Cure+5 as better than Song recast-3 and PDT-4 for me personally.

There was a lot of discussion about Sam movement, and if you're only getting movment speed to get around town faster think about this... the small time you'll save in town will be small to the tremendous amount of time you'll spend doing all of the missions. Think about it.

There was a lot of drama over RNG, and I have to agree. Barrage+1 isn't the way to go. Scout's Braccae are not difficult to get for most players, but these are marginally better with AGI+2 Rattk+7. Better is better though. But it's a lot of work for it. Is it worth it? Up to you.

My brother plays COR, and I dual box it often. For me, Phantom Roll Recast -5 and Cure+5 is how I think is best for me. He already has Hermes Sandals. As stated, Denali for QD already. So PRR-5 isn't bad. We run COR/WHM a lot, and Cure+5 would find use. A Slugshot or TP build for a melee or ranging COR would be good, too, but it's person-to-person. In another thread, I talked about how I feel COR should be played as a dedicated support job, but this isn't a COR thread. Just sharing what I feel is the way to go.

Hope my comments help people decide what way to go. Good luck on the missions and ttyl.

~G
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-29 18:25:55
Link | Citer | R

Ghlin said:
For Mages, I'd say Cure+5 and Enmity-4 is your best bet. For players who will never see Gaiters, or Crim Cuisses, I say Cure+5 Movement+8. I'd say PDT-4 would be ok, but lackluster overall imho. I'd go with Cure+5 even on BLM. Maybe not on BLM... but definitely SCH, RDM, WHM, etc.

4% PDT is 6.25% less damage I take in an idle set otherwise comprised of Earth/Terra's Staff, Cheviot Cape, Patronus Ring, and Jelly Ring. That's not half bad. If you're going to do a cure piece, why not tack Enmity-4 on it as well to reduce the risk of taking hate with that bigger cure?

Quote:
There was a lot of discussion about Sam movement, and if you're only getting movment speed to get around town faster think about this... the small time you'll save in town will be small to the tremendous amount of time you'll spend doing all of the missions. Think about it.

If the time you spend doing these quests is going to be less than 8% of the time you spend running around on a job where you'll idle in these for the rest of your FFXI career, you're probably better off augmenting with a different job in mind.

Quote:
There was a lot of drama over RNG, and I have to agree. Barrage+1 isn't the way to go. Scout's Braccae are not difficult to get for most players, but these are marginally better with AGI+2 Rattk+7. Better is better though. But it's a lot of work for it. Is it worth it? Up to you.

What's a macro?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2009-10-29 18:49:22
Link | Citer | R

Nightfyre,

I don't think 8% movement speed would add up to several hours of time even after a year. Unless you play a lot, I suppose. But if it's *just* for walking around town, I don't see it adding up to a lot unless you play a lot. It just seems counter-intuitive to spend hours on missions to save time walking later. However, for dodging aggro, etc, it's probably the way to go if you're a die-hard SAM. But I was just mentioning as food for thought, really.

As for Ranger, I'm not sure what you are asking? What is a macro?

As for PDT-4%, I don't deny that it's going to be more damage reduction as your math showed. (That's obvious.) But is PDT-4% > Cure+5% all situations considered? For BLM, who rarely cures, probably. But for SCH, RDM, WHM, etc, it's not as clear-cut.

Thanks.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-29 19:09:45
Link | Citer | R

Ghlin said:
I don't think 8% movement speed would add up to several hours of time even after a year. Unless you play a lot, I suppose. But if it's *just* for walking around town, I don't see it adding up to a lot unless you play a lot. It just seems counter-intuitive to spend hours on missions to save time walking later. However, for dodging aggro, etc, it's probably the way to go if you're a die-hard SAM. But I was just mentioning as food for thought, really.

Running in town, kiting, running to camp, running to the next mob (BLM set a habit in me - I swap to idle gear anytime I'm not actively doing something), you spend a lot of time running in this game.

Quote:
As for Ranger, I'm not sure what you are asking? What is a macro?

Barrage +1 is for a Barrage macro, not to TP in. Scout's Braccae are inferior given that you could pick up RACC as your other augment. If you need a TP piece sure, but as RNG gets better their legs options are already covered as TP goes and there's nothing really here for WS... might as well get the unique augment if you're going for a RNG piece.

Quote:
As for PDT-4%, I don't deny that it's going to be more damage reduction as your math showed. (That's obvious.) But is PDT-4% > Cure+5% all situations considered? For BLM, who rarely cures, probably. But for SCH, RDM, WHM, etc, it's not as clear-cut.

As you said, it's not clear-cut. Hardcore WHMs will likely take the Cure Potency, SCH and RDMs will vary by what they use the job for.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-29 19:13:53
Link | Citer | R

Cure Potency should be priority for Whm, hands down.
[+]
 Caitsith.Megara
Serveur: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Megara 2009-10-29 19:14:07
Link | Citer | R

well for my mnk, sam, and war these are way inferior to kitty pants. i have no mage jobs lvl'd up, so i guess i'll go for pld legs with the HP +25 ENM +4 and Haste + 3 since i don't have any Homam yet.

and btw those are not flames on the mage legs, they are Dragons!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-29 19:17:20
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Cure Potency should be priority for Whm, hands down.

Lies! Melee WHM piece > all
[+]
 Shiva.Wetton
Serveur: Shiva
user: Ziila
By Shiva.Wetton 2009-10-29 19:17:48
Link | Citer | R

I guess if anything I'll go Haste and Accuracy for DRK if I ever actually end up leveling it, or -PDT and +movement for BLM. Leaning toward the latter because Jimmy Page.
 Bismarck.Altar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-10-29 19:33:47
Link | Citer | R

@ Ghlin:

DEF:45 HP+40 VIT+10 Evasion+10 vs
DEF:37 HP+25 VIT+2 Enm+4 PDT -4%

If you're facing any mobs worthwhile, the 4% PDT will be >>> 8 Vit, 8 def

For Bard, prolly wanna cast Lullaby in your highest Chr/MAcc/Skill legs; I think most people want the Song Recast Time down augment for Finale on Mobs that recast buffs often.
[+]
 Phoenix.Brexx
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Brexx
By Phoenix.Brexx 2009-10-29 20:27:22
Link | Citer | R

Prolly gonna go with Pld kiting pants:

Blitzer Poleyn
Def 37 Str+2 Vit+2

Augment#1 Movement speed +8%
Augment #2 Hp+25 Enmity +4
or
Physical damage taken -4%

Dont quite yet know which would be better...
Added bonus for me is using them on Drk and War just for the movement speed.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Serveur: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-10-29 22:08:39
Link | Citer | R

Crimson Cuisses?
 Phoenix.Brexx
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Brexx
By Phoenix.Brexx 2009-10-29 22:23:33
Link | Citer | R

I dont have them, and am low on the list in my shell to get. Besides Crimson dont offer the enmity or the PDT-4%
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2009-10-29 23:58:33
Link | Citer | R

Nightfyre,

Again, I was addressing the SAM who were excited about Movement+8. It seems overall about trying to save time in town. Which seems counter-intuitive to me. I don't deny that SAM can use it to evade aggro. I don't deny that it helps you get to places faster. But it's like you're going to spend hours doing missions to save seconds later. Not to mention, you're dropping 10 bucks on an expansion. Try keeping Sprint Shoes in your inventories at all times? You could get a near lifetime supply of Sprint Shoes from campaign in the same time it takes you to complete Shantoto. Food for thought.

For Barrage, it was a few pages back and maybe you missed it, but a guy (going to leave his name out) says that Barrage+1 isn't worth it (even for a macro) because the likelihood of hitting all 6 is very slim, let alone hitting a 7th. So much so, that Racc/Rattk is probably better for your barrage in the grand scheme of things. This is the opinion of a non-rng, so, I may be wrong.

Altar,

I've always used PDT-1 is roughly equal to 1 VIT as a way to compare gear. But, it's just a way to compare gear. I definitely agree that against some monsters you're going to benefit from more PDT-. But, you might benefit more from VIT and HP against another. Like with RNG, I'm not a PLD. But if you're saying that Shantoto legs > Koenig legs, I'll take your word for it. Either way, they're both tier 1.

With Lullaby, I completely agree which is why I am going to shy away from song recast. And yeah, I thought about that for Finale, but... I don't know. It's like dispelling effects is secondary for my BRD because our recast is so long. I can't spam it like I can on RDM. If I really wanted/needed consistent Dispel, I'll get a RDM on it, or hell, I'll bring RDM myself.

Thank you.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-30 00:08:53
Link | Citer | R

RNG Barrage at 7 hits: 69.8% chance of landing all hits at capped accuracy (a priority when gearing Barrage) and it's a .698*0.167=11.7% increase to average Barrage damage before factoring in the stats on whatever you were using before. As augments go I'll readily admit that's a small improvement to one's character, but if you're a career RNG it's the best option I see.

EDIT: With Hunter's Braccae +1 it's a 66.3% chance and 9.5% increase to average damage. Again, very small increase and probably worth looking at other jobs for augment possibilities first.
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-30 01:15:22
Link | Citer | R

With the whole barrage debate I had a little look around at rng stuffs, and it seems you only have to have the hunter's braccae on when you hit your barrage JA, not when you actually fire the shot afterwards, so you would have to assume that it's the same for these too no?

This means that as a career rng you could make them for the barrage alone, then swap them out for something with better racc/ratk (if such gear exists, I didn't look at this part but seem to recall that aside from Skadi there's not much available for legs?). Also not a ranger myself, but if these are otherwise unimpressive, then surely adding that ~30% chance of a 7th hit can't be a bad thing?
 Bahamut.Evilswine
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2009-10-30 01:38:25
Link | Citer | R

with AF+1 hands you already get an "instant-WS" so i'm not sure if an 8th shot is worth it
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-30 01:43:34
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Evilswine said:
with AF 1 hands you already get an "instant-WS" so i'm not sure if an 8th shot is worth it

Without AF+1 hands you already have 6 shots, so I'm not sure if a 7th shot is worth it.

I'm sorry, that makes no sense whatsoever.
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-30 02:20:46
Link | Citer | R

I thought it was 6 with AF+1 hands? Any career rng would have AF+1 hands, not like AF+1 is hard to get. But regardless, does that give >100tp if all (6) hit?
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-30 02:26:42
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Blazza said:
I thought it was 6 with AF 1 hands? Any career rng would have AF 1 hands, not like AF 1 is hard to get. But regardless, does that give >100tp if all (6) hit?

Too dependent on subjob weapon and store tp... and if anyone says rngs should only use valis/E bow and always go /sam so help me god!
 Bahamut.Evilswine
user: Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2009-10-30 03:46:16
Link | Citer | R

w/o af+1 hands and w/o a 6-hit build you do not gain enough TP from a barrage to WS

w/o af+1 hands but w/ a 6-hit build you do gain enough TP

w/ af+1 you gain enough TP anyway.

Quote:
Without AF+1 hands you already have 6 shots, so I'm not sure if a 7th shot is worth it.

I'm sorry, that makes no sense whatsoever.

sry but THAT makes no sense whatsoever

af+1 hands are THE best af+1 for rng, even if you have a 6-hit
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2009-10-30 11:56:49
Link | Citer | R

Nightfyre,

I see your point from your math which shows an overall increase (which is expected) in Barrage damage from Barrage+1. You explain it's a marginal increase. So, I agree with you that it is a choice for hardcore RNGs only. But I retract my statement that racc/rattk would be superior for barrage overall.

I was talking with my brother last night though, Barrage+1 might be huge for SAM/RNG or COR/RNG. /RNG only gives 4 shots at 75, so I'm sure the benefit of a 5th shot for SAM/RNG or COR/RNG would be significant. Thoughts? .95^5 = .777 or %77.7 chance to hit 5 shots. Can a SAM pull-off a 5-hit build w/ Archery?

Thanks,

~G
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-10-30 12:00:17
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Ghlin said:
Nightfyre,

I see your point from your math which shows an overall increase (which is expected) in Barrage damage from Barrage 1. You explain it's a marginal increase. So, I agree with you that it is a choice for hardcore RNGs only. But I retract my statement that racc/rattk would be superior for barrage overall.

I was talking with my brother last night though, Barrage 1 might be huge for SAM/RNG or COR/RNG. /RNG only gives 4 shots at 75, so I'm sure the benefit of a 5th shot for SAM/RNG or COR/RNG would be significant. Thoughts? .95^5 = .777 or w.7 chance to hit 5 shots. Can a SAM pull-off a 5-hit build w/ Archery?

Thanks,

~G

SAM w/ 5/5 sTP actually bases a 5 hit w/ a Shigeto(600) + Demon Arrows(90) 21 Tp per hit in fact, so u can use Shigeto +1, so you can REALLY load on Racc for that if you wish :3 Sounds like fun :o

Edit**

But good god, w/o merits, and w/ 61 Base agi as an Elvaan Sam/Rng, you base like 30% acc on birds, and need 127 total + to cap :o, Be it AGI+ Skill+ Racc+, 127 total ._. songs etc
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2009-10-30 12:44:15
Link | Citer | R

Rumaha: True, True. But... Yeah. Thanks for showing me that.

Was thinking about it while I was afk. I recalled a THF discussing how Suppanomimi (b/c of the 5 haste) is the best SA/TA piece for THF's earring.

Found the link:
http://shamayaasura.livejournal.com/7505.html

Translate that to the 3% haste from the Shantoto Legs, alongside Attack+7, you'd have the best? Maybe? At least according to this THF's ideas, the best SA/TA legpiece in the game. Number 1 legs for TA are Dusk which provide +14 attack only. With these, you'd have 7 Attack, DEX/AGI+2, and Haste+3. For SA, he's saying Enkidu's are best which are only DEX/AGI+4.

How he got his numbers was by comparing each 1 point of stat to 1 point of Double Attack. For SA for example, this is 1 Attk = 1.19 DA, 1 Haste = 2.65 DA, 1 Dex = 2.58 DA. So for Shantoto's Legs w/ Attack+7 and Haste+3, you have a total DA value of... 21.44 DA. Enkidu's is only 17.8 DA. For TA, which has slightly different DA values, you have 1 Attk = 1.26 DA, 1 Haste = 3.5 DA, 1 Agi = 3.35 DA. Shantoto's Legs give a total of 26.02 DA. Dusk+1 only give 18.9.

So for a hardcore THF, he can make killer SA/TA legs. Skadie's and Homam still being the best for TP'ing.

Edit: Not sure how Crit Damage +3% would work into it, but I imagine it would be better than 7 attack. Hard to quantify though.
 Ramuh.Miemo
user: Miemo
By Ramuh.Miemo 2009-10-30 12:55:38
Link | Citer | R

Yeah deffinately going with:

M.Att Bonus +4
M.Crit damage +10.

Gonna be sexy for BLM.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Serveur: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-10-30 15:22:42
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Miemo said:
Yeah deffinately going with:

M.Att Bonus 4
M.Crit damage 10.

Gonna be sexy for BLM.

Wouldn't Mahatmas be better?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-30 16:15:27
Link | Citer | R

To quote math I've seen elsewhere:

T4: Morrigan's > these > Mahatma
AMII: these > Morrigan's > Mahatma

For the MAB MACC pants and in terms of damage only. MCRIT damage increase augment has been shown to be less desirable than Mahatma due to needing to stack undesirable MCRIT items plus the loss of 3-6 MACC on this piece alone.

Note that it's maybe a 5-10 damage difference each time. Also keep in mind you'll want to hold onto Mahatma anyway for Stoneskin and elemental debuffs.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [35 days between previous and next post]
 Ifrit.Propitiation
Serveur: Ifrit
user: rpaull3
By Ifrit.Propitiation 2009-12-04 04:35:02
Link | Citer | R

just got my pants woot! put -4%PDT and +3haste not haste%? o.O im using them on my sam too since they have str and haste woot!
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15