Adequate for BLU Cleaving CP
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2020-11-21 13:13:54
Link | Citer | R

Heya everyone!

I've been back for just a little while now after a pretty hefty hiatus. I've spent some time collecting the ~40 new spells since I left and trying to reorient myself with all the new stuff. Now I'm interested in re-capping my merit points and earning some of those wonderful-looking job points. Having watched Rua's guide and conversing with a few other folks, I've practiced a little bit on the art of sleeping and cleaving some monsters.

Now to the point: I feel like I'm grossly unprepared for the task ahead. I'm not even sure what the prime targets are, nor which spells and job traits I should prepare.

My equipment is also... let's call it "sad". But if someone could help with my above inquiry, I could at least figure out what kind of equipment to aim for. I'm not terribly familiar with using 'magical' blue magic, so I'm not even sure if I'd be better off using a sword or what when cleaving. I'm also not sure what kind of stats and attributes I should be out collecting. If there are any really outstanding pieces that aren't too time-consuming or difficult to acquire, could someone point that out too? My goal is to do as much as I can solo so as not to be a burden in something like Maiden of the Dusk II.
 Asura.Wotasu
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-11-21 14:33:10
Link | Citer | R

Cheap and Easy Access to Mab gear is Jhakri+1/2,
Eschan Stone, Sanctity Necklace/Ambu Cape. some ok fc gear Auged Herc / Taeon Body or Empy body Cheap Int rings / random Mab earrings
And spellwise this guide has decent spellsets
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Out_of_the_BLU#Magely-Mage
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-11-21 14:49:14
Link | Citer | R

About target, indeed nowaday not having a master job can potentially gimp a lot your char, given all the defensive plus accuracy gifts give. In case of BLU, the gifts from 100 and 1200 are quite nice, and nowaday hitting both goals should be the priority. Even them, running with a non-mastered job can potentially result in some prejudice though.

Outside of apex parties, you should set your goal on cleaving mobs in reisenjima, as they gives you more CP than other non-apex camp do. But they are also stronger than average mobs.

At start, you should abuse of Entomb, Spectral Floe, Tenebral Crush and Subduction. You goal should be clearing all reisen mobs with a combo entomb > spectral floe. At start, though, you potentially gonna have trouble for that, so you can expand to entomb > spectral floe > dream flower > tenebral crush. If even then you cant cleave all mobs, probably you should step down a bit then move to escha ruaun or zitah, while upgrading your gear/spell sets.

Make sure to keep erratic flutter up all the time so you can recast faster. Magic Hammer can quickly fill your MP provided your foe is susceptible to that. Carcharian Verve is a must to avoid interruptions while cleaving, what can be fatal if you miss a casting. Finally, leftover mobs, like 5% or less, are better killed by subduction. Also, as an emergency measure, subduction ca be used in a wave so you can put your carmine cuisses +1 and run to cure/put defenseive buffs up when youre in a pinch.
[+]
By drakefs 2020-11-21 16:46:00
Link | Citer | R

Make sure you have Carcharian Verve.

I have my Azure Sets settings.xml file on my github. The ae set is the one you are looking for (the only other sets that matter are dps and puredps).

The best spot I have found for cp cleaving is Escha Zi'tah portal #2, Puks and Dragons. Everything is sleepable with dreamflower and magic hammer works on the dragons. To do really big pulls, you will need to have a -50% pdt set. Otherwise keep the pulls small or sleep pull and gather more then AoE everything down.
[+]