Kenkonken Delay Curiosity.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Kenkonken delay curiosity.
Kenkonken delay curiosity.
 Shiva.Mlrlohki
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Mlrlohki
By Shiva.Mlrlohki 2020-11-20 23:40:29
Link | Citer | R

Working on my upgrade trials and was curious on why Kenkonken (and now at second glance, all the h2h remas) have a delay increase once they hit ilvls. Did they need a nerf that badly? Glanzfaust is particularly bonkers at a +126 delay. Sure, monk has more MA, and K3 has that -50 bonus, but it is odd that only H2H gets delay changes.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-11-21 00:56:40
Link | Citer | R

They adjusted dmg/delay for ilevel 119 H2H weapons back in a 2017 update: https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/52969-August.-3-2017-%28JST%29-Version-Update. Apparently they didn't feel a need to adjust any of the pre-119 versions since those are really just temporary while you do your trials to make them viable for endgame use. DMG was increased as well, and IIRC it ended up being a significant net DPS increase for pretty much all weapons. Some got a bigger boost than others (e.g., Godhands were in a relatively good place at that time compared to other 119s, so they didn't get as big of an DPS boost as some other weapons).
 Shiva.Mlrlohki
Serveur: Shiva
user: Mlrlohki
By Shiva.Mlrlohki 2020-11-21 01:18:20
Link | Citer | R

Gotcha. Think I had my vere finished before then so didn’t really notice, and only finished k3 this week. Thanks.
By SimonSes 2020-11-21 05:53:17
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Mlrlohki said: »
Working on my upgrade trials and was curious on why Kenkonken (and now at second glance, all the h2h remas) have a delay increase once they hit ilvls. Did they need a nerf that badly? Glanzfaust is particularly bonkers at a +126 delay. Sure, monk has more MA, and K3 has that -50 bonus, but it is odd that only H2H gets delay changes.

Kenkonken could use even greater delay tbh. It has so much Martial Arts on it, that it cap delay with just 63.22% haste, which means you are getting nothing from haste above that and TP gain is heavily reduced vs capping 80% delay with mostly haste. Its like having base 46% Dual Wield that you cant lower when you get max haste buffs.

With that much Martial Arts, optimal delay on Kenkonken in max haste scenario (without haste samba) would need to be +230 delay XD
[+]