Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-06 21:04:51
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Gennss said: »
I just unlocked homepoint to Attowah chasm and received a rank up from 4-5

Did you check before you unlocked the HP, it takes a zone to rank, but still it's probably worth 1 point
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-02-06 22:31:18
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Here's a random question, does the hunt registry system record progress or completions of hunts?

If so, 0/whatever on that content

Neither. Did Hunts way back when it was new content. The only thing the registry records are the number of points accrued from successful completion of a hunt.

Doing it just once "could" be considered content completed though.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-09 09:08:30
Link | Citer | R

nm title hunts going well. trying to get most of these done before doing the more irritating quest titles (like the stupid picture taking ones in aht urgan? forget those... ugh)

only vrtra, sandworm, lambton worm left of the tricky guys! had a buddy watching vrtra last night and it killed him slowwwwly as he was afk watching for pop and then it was gone when he woke up, ha

Still need to gather bodies for sin skeletons title too, and misc vwnms, but those are solo and at least aren't random pops even if the titles are random because of the shadow/no shadow true vwnm thing
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-09 09:10:49
Link | Citer | R

I don't know if you cheat, but skulls was super easy, you've got 5 minutes. I thought they had to be traded like within a very small window, but you can easily clip and trade each one effortlessly.

If not, then, it's a whole different story. Throw some people some loot, people do anything for money. Take your boxes and give 500k for some rando's to pop. Waste of money but what else is it good for.

Sandworm. Is dogshit. It's *** unreasonable. I spent 14 hours tracking it on saturday... for them to do that Emaint and reset 10 minutes after I went to bed and wasted the entire day. You can't get ToD, you can't afk at all, you have to track it constantly or it will despawn.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-09 09:19:00
Link | Citer | R

oh yeah, I have a friend that plays like 5 characters so I'll be able to get skulls np just not a rush on that. I think the window is like 5min or something max, so it's not bad at all. I'm definitely not vanilla, but I don't clip/pos/speed or anything. Nothing against it just personal preference since my first character was banned for mee deggi mrargus botting forever and day ago :x

And yeah, I'm going to move on from nms once I only have sandworm left. Not interested unless someone I know just sees it up like how I got dark ixion.

And ha, yeah i've already got the loot mechanic in action. I've been paying out bounties to ls mates to keep their eyes open. It's how I got tiamat/jorm tod, biast and lumberjack RoEs. Came up with the idea after the guy found dark ixion and realized I wouldn't have gotten it if he didn't find it while harvesting.

1 synth attempt or equivalent gil! (and who doesn't take the equivalent gil). At least it's going towards ls mates who can use the gil to gear themselves. I'm not really in need of more gil until they release more mog wardrobes.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-09 17:54:39
Link | Citer | R

Hit 850 titles. Still gonna hold off on a repost of my stats crap because not much else has changed. 900 probably a better mark for that
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-09 17:57:46
Link | Citer | R

Considering you just got the last rank, and the measurable actual mountain of things that are needed per rank, you've got 2 weeks of constant objective completion.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rosalee
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2021-02-09 18:46:51
Link | Citer | R

Or more, possibly. I'm still r7 though tbf the quests I've been taking weeks to do I could conceivably do in an hour each if I broke down and got WoE weapons instead of doing the empyreans.

I'm stubborn though, and you can't convince me to do the other thing when it's all Abyssean dragons (ezpz Heroes zones) from where I'm at to finish my last 4 weaponskills.

I'm sure that my biggest roadblocks to 8 are mastery trials, escutcheon, and that last NM title from Tzee Xicu.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-09 19:02:34
Link | Citer | R

I started at 632 or 623 titles and had rank 6, but lord knows how far into it in points I was already

then rank 7 dinged around 750ish

now im around 853. we shall see how this proceeds

shadowlord/beastkings master trial down! only the hard two left with omega/ultima and iroha

I think I'll continue down the misc quest title avenue, and then after I'm down to only the really annoying quests I'll do all the af quests for jobs that I haven't done
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-09 23:05:36
Link | Citer | R

Here's a wacky one... the title obtained by being prince trion's requested model "consort candidate". Missable if you aren't female in-game?

I can't think of any other titles in the game that depend on being a certain sex
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-09 23:06:32
Link | Citer | R

While you get the one for being the requested and one for being the finder you may just get both (like most of the other multi titles) regardless.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-09 23:07:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
While you get the one for being the requested and one for being the finder you may just get both (like most of the other multi titles) regardless.
Good idea, I'll have to check on that once I complete one of them. Gonna try to reset the quest a bunch and match with someone in shell tomorrow
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-09 23:27:33
Link | Citer | R

I was all set to hunt sandworm since maint and all that, but I decided not to care instead.

Too much hassle.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-09 23:38:00
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I'm not logged out anywhere special for maint. bed time zzzz more important
 Bismarck.Rosalee
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2021-02-10 02:22:16
Link | Citer | R

I did get the Consort Candidate title, but I have been having random glitches regarding titles where I complete the content but am unable to reclaim the title from the bards.

Case in point: according to Ornery Dhole, I completed Trial by Lightning with Honors, but I don't have the Fulmination Disruptor title available from NPC.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-10 11:38:14
Link | Citer | R

Not important, but if anyone wants to let the GW people know, it doesn't seem like the new odyssey boss titles are in the system/able to be //gw flush'd

Are the odyssey boss titles at a bard npc anywhere?

Sorry I didn't notice this before, but I never cared to do odyssey till the good ***was just released...
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-10 12:50:15
Link | Citer | R

Also, this months monthly deeds has another chocobo race viewing... so if anyone is bored enough place a few max bets and see if you unlock the high roller or fortune's favorite titles if you win it big :o
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-10 12:54:28
Link | Citer | R

Literally don't even know how or where to bet, lol

Totally forgot when I did all my race viewing.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-10 13:01:03
Link | Citer | R

Gotta place bets at the 5 or so npcs right before you enter the grandstands. No place to make a bet while in the grandstands I don't think

Each of the npcs for bets will be taking bets on a different upcoming race, so gotta talk to all of them if one you click says they arent taking bets

and max bet is 999 (100k~ gil)

and also, I'm thinking the winners chosen must be extremely random, or someone would have math'd out the system of stats by now to farm gil doing this with some crazy calculations of who would win every time. That seems like what a ffxi player does in their spare time

edit: but now that I look at it, the odds are like real life horse racing and change based on the bets placed, so if you're the only idiot betting you won't win big you'll only win back what you just bet. So much for finding the titles

edit2: yeah I just won a 999 bet and only got paid out what I bet since it was the best two chocobos and I was the only one better. No title or anything for winning a minimum payout 999 bet. There might be a case where the really really bad stat chocobos odds still might be high enough to cash out a large sum, but I don't know. If the titles are there, I'd assume they were... win on chocobo(s) with the highest payout/worst odds (fortune's favorite), and win a certain total amount of cumulative gil overall (high roller). Or hell, high roller could even be for placing 10 max bets in a row, or spending over 10mil (100 total max bets) on choco racing
[+]
 Shiva.Liam
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2021-02-10 23:02:14
Link | Citer | R

Manque said: »
Not sure how helpful this is, but I have listed up all of the titles listed on the JP wiki in a Google spreadsheet. Still lots of Japanese in it, but I think it's the most complete list I have encountered so far.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l5LOjmzVQ48JZWV2LuEHxZptczq_sFW0QuqrqMLd-Tk/edit?usp=sharing

This is fantastic thanks, Has anyone found any titles missing from this list? 'Curator Culler' (Tumult curator) is the only one I have found so far.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-11 11:57:59
Link | Citer | R

It took a while there, but now that the new alter ego set opened back up, I got another rank 2 from turning in trusts.

I purposely sandbagged the titles, (doubious, I just stopped caring about collecting titles) Stopped at 158 titles, collected the 10 trusts that I got access to today, turned them in, rank 2.

So, it tells me that a trust is equal to a title (at least roughly)

I had purposely accomplished zero goals (after completing rotz and cop to prove that one wrong.) So we're looking at something like....(which is kind of obvious)

A title = A trust = A quest = A mission < A Master </=/> A REMA

Where as a mission/quest may award double points (a task and a title)

How Crafting and Combat/Magic skills are weighted is hard to even begin to figure out.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-11 12:11:58
Link | Citer | R

34 Trust
158 Titles
rotz cop rov complete
Meebles / VW / ASA
Crafts 000000007 (for the kit in asa)
Capped all the skills on war nin geo mnk rng (testing how much skill it takes, not succeeding lol)

Still impossible to "give it a score" Combat skills could be 10000 or 10. ~300 missions (if sub missions count, no way to know)

(***, spellcount could matter too, I picked up like 10 geo spells that I care about and a couple jutsu, it's a stupid system, everything counts)
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-11 15:43:31
Link | Citer | R

vrtra downnn. wyrms: O

sandworm/lambton worm left of tricky guys, so no more active NM hunting for me :x

edit: and rooks said he was contacting to add the odyssey boss titles to gw, so that's nice as soon as I find out which bard gives the titles I can get the one I've killed back when that's updated
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-11 17:56:03
Link | Citer | R

also, found another name change title discrepancy that might be the blank one. dragon god defier vs wyrm god defier. old vs new named title.

weird to change, since it wasn't a typo or name change like hedjedjet hedjetjet thing

edit: actually these might not be name changes in-game, but errors in GW from long ago? there's a topic on title name discrepancies here: https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/20650/title-troubles

and what was said:

"So I actually have Dvalinn Deceiver pointing to Durinn Deciever's title id. I made a correction to the char title page to look up each name by title id. It would fix the OP's problem but that would imply that LSC has Durinn and Dvalinn mixed up. Either way, my head hurts. Here is a list of inconsistencies I found between the DAT files and the LSC. The list may need revision.

LSC => dats_title_id

"Archmage Assassin" => 10,
"Ballistar Royale" => 410,
"Bennu Deplumer" => 682,
"Bloody Beserker" => 529,
"Briareus Feller" => 641,
"Bronze Ballistar" => 381,
"Cleaver Dismantler" => 673,
"Count Aurchiat's Comrade" => 621,
"Dragon God Defier" => 700,
"Dvalinn Deceiver" => 665,
// Not Found ????
"Eriu Exorcist" => 0,
"Final Ballistar" => 409,
"Glavoid Stampeder" => 656,
"Gold Ballistar" => 378,
"Iratham Capturer" => 652,
"Ketea Beacher" => 678,
"Lacovie Capsizer" => 653,
"Mythril Ballistar" => 379,
// NULL title
"N/A" => 0,
"Pulverizer Dismantler" => 664,
// Renamed
"Restorer of Equilibrium" => 639,
"Ruminator Confounder" => 645,
"SableStar" => 385,
"SagaciousStar" => 534,
"SaintlyStar" => 388,
"SapphireStar" => 437,
"SavageStar" => 390,
"ScarletStar" => 386,
"SearingStar" => 382,
"Sedna Tuskbreaker" => 672,
"ShadowyStar" => 389,
"Silver Ballistar" => 380,
"SingingStar" => 391,
"Sippoy Capturer" => 660,
"SlicingStar" => 393,
"SneakingStar" => 394,
"SnipingStar" => 392,
"SonicStar" => 387,
"SoothingStar" => 384,
"SpearingStar" => 395,
"SprightlyStar" => 533,
"Steaming Sheep Regular" => 105,
"StrikingStar" => 383,
"SummoningStar" => 396,
"SurgingStar" => 438,
"SwayingStar" => 439,
"Titlacauan Dismembere" => 661,
// Renamed
"Wing of the Goddess" => 736,
"Yaanei Crasher" => 658, "

or maybe they were in-game name changes as well that were gw name changes later. idk, this stuff is beyond me
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-11 19:18:10
Link | Citer | R

It begins

Also, has anyone tested getting silver/gold flags on the assist channel and seeing if it contributes to mastery rank at all? Since we have only seen a rank 8 so far, maybe 2 more rank ups just come from silver/gold mentor flags? idk, just a thought
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-11 19:24:50
Link | Citer | R

That's gonna be a yikes from me

I have thumbs upped myself from other accounts to try and turn my flag silver, but only half heartedly. It probably takes many and I've got like 5.

You can only do one a day, and it can only come from a mentor, so getting a dozen mentor accounts is more than I want to mess with.

We could in theory organize (asura) to purposely target someone and thumb bomb them to see if it actually exists, afaik there are no silver mentors at all.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-11 19:27:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
You can only do one a day
yeah that's a big turn off. I figured we could just spam the channels with friends
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-11 19:34:37
Link | Citer | R

Also, there's a cap on /assiste and its zone specific. Kinda irritating. it's kind of a unity yell hybrid, only works in certain zones and sometimes you can't see it regardless.

I try to remember as part of my dailies, answer a question, thumbs up it from someone else, but getting them both in the channel and catching a question proves to be no simple task. (to occur without purposely forcing it, that is)
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-12 06:01:56
Link | Citer | R

voidwalker nm abyssite upgrades still trash as usual. Why couldn't one of the rhapsody KIs made this 100%...
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-12 06:52:50
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
voidwalker nm abyssite upgrades still trash as usual. Why couldn't one of the rhapsody KIs made this 100%...

Too valuable, crafting market
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 47 48 49