Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-01-22 13:36:44
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Synergy simply lumped into crafting

....Chocobo digging does have a hidden rank, that could work in the nonbattle content
OOOOH, i didn't even think about stupid chocobo digging. never did that.

edit: or campaign ops UGH. Those are in the missions menu and have are different for each stupid nation you align to UGH

Dug up my post, found the part about Campaign Ops:

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Leaving this post here for now.

Mission Status

*Campaign Operations: 7 completed... out of a possible 195...
Campaign Rank: Wings of Altana (in all three nations... lol)
By Pantafernando 2021-01-22 13:39:25
Link | Citer | R

I made a small list regarding missions.

Its evaluation can be a simple missions done / total missions.

Do notice how relevant are campaigns ops and assaults to total, almost 25%.

Bastok 20
Sandoria 20
Windurst 20
Zilart 18
CoP 34
ToAU 48
Assault 71
WotG 54
Campaign Op 84
SoA 105
RoV 93
TVR 9
ACP 12
AMKDE 15
ASA 15
618 total missions
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-22 13:45:28
Link | Citer | R

Can't restate enough that the missions section, if solely reliant on mission completion is a rank +1 that it only took half of the available missions.

Doing all the other missions accomplishes nothing. If the theory stands.

Also, that while the numbered missions for COP for example are 34, including sub-missions is actually 63. In the actual menu > missions > cop.
Which one counts? No one knows.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-01-22 13:52:10
Link | Citer | R

Can't restate enough that the missions section, if solely reliant on mission completion is a rank +1 that it only took half of the available missions.

Doing all the other missions accomplishes nothing. If the theory stands.

Also, that while the numbered missions for COP for example are 34, including sub-missions is actually 63. In the actual menu > missions > cop.
Which one counts? No one knows.

Not what I'm testing for. We're both following different methodologies, but in the end they both contribute to the overall subject matter.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-22 13:54:45
Link | Citer | R

I mean I just don't want to see you put wasted days into something that isn't going to do anything. It is your effort to exert though.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-22 14:13:46
Link | Citer | R

Yeah there is no damn way I'm doing all campaign ops before I do pretty much everything else. screw that.
 Lakshmi.Blackada
user: logsrus
By Lakshmi.Blackada 2021-01-22 15:46:59
Link | Citer | R

Crafts is probably really close though; I'm at 400 total craft skill and not there yet.... you're at 477. IF just crafting ranks up, try for 500.
Total crafting skills is 790 so probably needs to be at least 500-550. (skills gave rank +1 "low")((it could also be all crafts 50 and not total skill))

I got it to

Synthesis Skill / Fishing Skill. 104 70 53 10 10 17 40 10 80 / 110

which is 504 levels, no Rank-up
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-22 15:51:09
Link | Citer | R

Unfortunate. Only thing to do is continue until you rank. It must happen eventually, or prove that no one single condition satisfies rank ups. Either is informative.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-22 18:21:36
Link | Citer | R

I just can't wait till I rank up to 7 and actually get another point of data that matters
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-22 18:31:27
Link | Citer | R

It will just raise more questions than answer. u_u

Was it the thing I just did?
Was it a combination of stuff?
Did it happen an hour ago and I missed it?
Was it the title from the thing, or doing the thing?
Was it the 10 millionth mob I killed and that was it?
Was it the amount of times I entered a battlefield or an area?
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-22 18:40:43
Link | Citer | R

Quick, everyone start making GM calls since the moogle that keeps track of stuff also keeps track of those! (ive made... 2?)
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2021-01-22 18:44:09
Link | Citer | R

it's play time!
it's active playonline content IDs!
it's if you have a security token enabled!

honestly of course it's none of those but the point is, guys, give up, you can't get this one
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-22 18:48:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aquatiq said: »
honestly of course it's none of those but the point is, guys, give up, you can't get this one
hm? We've already seen and learned things from trying, as well as gotten an official dev response because of it and asking questions.

And the more people we have paying attention to their rank ups and the things they do, the more we will learn

We are allowed to want to solve a puzzle in a game where literally everything else is *** math'd out to hell and back

Plus now we actually get to play the game. You know, that thing people used to do before rotating dyna/omen/aeonics forever on repeat
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-01-22 18:55:05
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
rotating dyna/omen/aeonics forever on repeat

GL on figuring it out guys. Almost worth resubbing just to see what rank I have.
[+]
By Manque 2021-01-22 22:30:51
Link | Citer | R

Just adding for the record:

From the friendly JP blogger. http://vanafratello.seesaa.net/article/478755498.html#comment
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-22 22:39:57
Link | Citer | R

If that's not *** it means there's a lot of slackers in the NA scene.

Not a single rank 8 and you're all no lifers. Tsk Tsk.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-22 22:42:38
Link | Citer | R

that guy must have every single campaign op for every nation. only reasonable explanation of course. ill leave that up to someone else :p
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-23 08:56:25
Link | Citer | R

So.... todays nonprogress. (also 750 ROE)

I capped out all the main crafts. Fishing and synergy are... slow unless the synergy lua still works (or a better one is out there)

But the take away - "Obtain some amount of total crafting skill" By itself doesn't look like a goal. (I'm still missing 200 total points that will take a long time to get due to fishing fatigue)

Now... that raises multiple questions. Is it the fact that I have 0 synergy? Is crafting part of a combination? Is it the *** shield?

I got rank 2 with zero crafting, and I hit rank 3 some time after taking one craft to 110. Now sitting at rank 3 and capping main crafts entirely with no rank up.

Also, the account I've been doing "obtain combat/magic skills" on likewise has not ranked up. (VERY minimal missions/quest/battle completion) It's possible I'm just not quite there yet...
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-23 09:17:54
Link | Citer | R

If it's some combination of stuff; "Points" I don't know which category I would be weakest in.

Time; Up to 47 days (rank 3 was 33 days)
Missions; the entire storyline is done (minus voracious resurgance)
Quests; some 400 ish
Skill; more or less entirely capped for all jobs (-shield)
Crafting; All main capped (fishing will take a week minimum, synergy...........)
Trust; capped until the campaign trust campaign and/or spring alterego
"Battle"; Abyssea done, VW done, WOE 30/30, 100 Nyzul, Aeonic, All old dynamis clear, all zone Dyna D midbosses, Medal of Altana, Legion
"Nonbattle"; Mog Garden 666666, every single warpable point in the game, Enough helming to do all the Harvest ROE
(I'm at a genuine loss for what nonbattle content exists) The ONLY thing you can do in this game is kill stuff.

Todays goal is...............................Meebles? Assault? Digging? Do all the AF quests? I haven't earned a mount license yet.
By Pantafernando 2021-01-23 09:30:51
Link | Citer | R

I dont think ranks works as goals because ive seem different behaviours (rank ups) after same goal reached. In my sample, after beating Celestial Nexus, 4 out 6 mules ranked up from 1 to 2. The oldest one was rank 2 since start due either craft, play time or mog garden, what was her differential as the rest was basically the same. Clearing Celestial Nexus didnt give rank 3. The youngest mule just ranked soon after, due portals or some minor evasion or parry skill up (or few hours more).

Regarding to shield, my 6 “mains”, all rank 6, have at least one capped craft while my main “main” also have shield and capped synergy (fishing 3 though, but still my highest fishing skill), some but not all sub capped.

Quote:
Now... that raises multiple questions. Is it the fact that I have 0 synergy? Is crafting part of a combination? Is it the *** shield?

1. No, at best, synergy contributes but not main factor. I got rank 6, either with capped and not capped. I supose synergy is not different than others skills, and all sum up evenly in terms of progress.

2. Taking the devs sugestion, i supose it should a category on its own, what means, you can compare woodworking with cooking skils growth rate, nut cant compare it with combat skills or quests progression.

3. At some point i believed yes, but now i think that, at best, it should be considered as a factor in non-battle content category, titke category, quest category, etc. i have rank 6 mukes with and without shield. I have rank 2 mules with and without shield
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-23 10:07:32
Link | Citer | R

I would just really like to know if multiple things are hard barriers to rank.

That's it. That's THE question. It's a yes or no.

Will a person be prevented from obtaining ranks unless they make progress in all/some "categories". It LOOKS like yes, and it makes testing the minimums essentially impossible.

Then after that question the new question, are the barriers specific;
Complete ROZ COP and "do some amount of stuff" for rank 2.
Then complete ToAU and "do more stuff" for rank 3.
Then complete WoTG and "do even more stuff" for rank 4.

(knowing the time gates would be nice too... that one should be a gimme, they should've outright told us you can't be this rank without this many days etc)
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2021-01-23 10:24:11
Link | Citer | R

(knowing the time gates would be nice too... that one should be a gimme, they should've outright told us you can't be this rank without this many days etc)

This would imply that someone at SE actually knows the answer.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-23 20:35:52
Link | Citer | R

869 roe and 740 titles, so I should hit new meaningless milestones for those soon enough

edit: and we just finished reisen helms again, so I'm a t1-t3 clear away from another rema to see if maybe having 12 instead of 11 rema gives me enough rank up points or w/e

edit2: oh, and another fun goal for any masochist out there. Unlock every monstrosity species.
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2021-01-23 23:38:22
Link | Citer | R

It might not be just completing content, but maybe amount of certain type of content completed. For example: campaign area bcnm/enm 50x, wotg area 50 etc. Also might apply to nms in different area too. Forced pop, hnm, nm etc.
 Bismarck.Rosalee
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2021-01-24 02:13:07
Link | Citer | R

So I guess I'll throw in here then.

It's really easier to list the things I haven't done than the things I have.

Things I haven't done (currently r7)

Choco Digging (I have NO idea what level I am)
Escutcheon (currently on stage 2)
Woodworking 28
Bonecraft 33
Cooking 45
Mastery Trials (all)
AMAN Trove box kill
Alexander & Cait Sith VD titles
Incursion lv133+ title
15 jobs Unmastered
6 Empyrean weaponskill quests
RUN AF3 quests
"Brown Magic" titles (yeahhhhh ***mage)
Vorseals from Azi Dahaka, Naga Raja, & total all-around kills (not NM's. I tend not to cleave very much.)
Monster Rearing Mandragora family (currently working on Lycopodium, then 2 more paths to go after.)
Chocobo Racing (50 total 1st place wins to get)
Chocobetting titles "High Roller" and "Fortune's Favorite"
Subduer of the Trolls title
Never killed Tzee Xicu in the present (Diety Debunker title)
Blobdignag/Orcus/Yilbegan titles (VNM with shadow)
Coalition Assignments from the Couriers to build frontier stations and Bivouacs
Certain Campaign Ops
2 MMM titles (Maze Artisan/Overlord)
Emporox's things (eyepatches, mellidopt wings, MMM stuffs)
Many Monstrosity things not unlocked/leveled
Did not finish Belligerency torque thing to r15 (got HCG status though)
Tons of Odyssey *** (I'm still farming/clearing/ranking up Moogle Mastery on Sheol A)

Other than that, I think I've done everything else in the game judging from the titles I have yet to earn, though there are some titles from buying stuff with conquest points that I haven't earned, as well as from Mog Gardens beyond ranking up.

Edit: I may be editing this post as I complete things/remember other things.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-24 08:02:55
Link | Citer | R

Stuff you haven't done is just as important as stuff that is done. helps eliminate requirements. Unfortunately I don't see anything unexpectedly left undone.

Today, I'm ready to make a fact statement though!

When I got rank 3 (supposedly from skilling) I had bell/geo/elemental/enfeeble capped for geo no other magic and the pic i posted of my combat skills.

New character has higher combat skills, and higher magic skills, no missions, almost no quests (unlocked nin brd geo), three weeks play time, still rank 1.

Just skilling up, cannot raise rank, some bare minimum other than time played is gating their progress. I went and did all of RotZ and that was not sufficient.
By Shichishito 2021-01-24 09:28:41
Link | Citer | R

not sure if it has been posted in here befor but in case it hasn't:

credit to Asura.Disastaru

i have a hunch that they didn't write the system in a way that can't be easily abused so the endresult will most likely be RMT and multiboxers up voting themselfs to max rank and dealing warnings to who ever they dislike.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-24 09:31:57
Link | Citer | R

Totally different thing, that's for turning your flag from bronze to silver to gold (of which no one has done)
By Shichishito 2021-01-24 12:39:05
Link | Citer | R

oh i didn't even notice they were two different systems. pls help me distinguish the two.
mentor class = mentor chat related and enables you to shut up other lower classed players?
mastery rank = a quick way to indicate your lvl of progress to party builders in order to stop the "REMA only" mentality?
By Pantafernando 2021-01-24 12:40:23
Link | Citer | R

More likely a system to forces you to do everything lost during the years as an artificial way to keep you busy while they (SE) release nothing.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 47 48 49