Magic Accuracy Skill ???

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Magic Accuracy Skill ???
Magic Accuracy Skill ???
 Ragnarok.Zuhra
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: azura84
By Ragnarok.Zuhra 2020-11-06 00:23:02
Link | Citer | R

Alright alright alright, I'm back, been too long it would seem. I'm finally getting BRD ready for Dynamis D and wondering why my ***isn't sticking.

Most of the equipment guides i'm seeing now doesn't even include staves and i'm figuring it's to do with the MACC on the daggers now. But...

What is this Magic Accuracy Skill? both my Mandau and Twashtar have a good deal of it, does it effect songs and magic the same way as MACC? Does having two daggers like the relic and empy increase it or it only effected by the main hand? Most Debuff sets i see have literally MACC on the dagger and shield so I'm assuming this MAC Skill is kinda pointless, perhaps it's for BLU?
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2020-11-06 02:14:53
Link | Citer | R

I'll work on the BG wiki page tomorrow since I don't think the magic accuracy page has been updated in a while, but I could be wrong.

Taken from a response in the OF.

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112776-Dev-Tracker-Findings-Posts-(NO-DISCUSSION)?p=6713767&viewfull=1#post6713767
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zuhra
By Ragnarok.Zuhra 2020-11-06 02:41:00
Link | Citer | R

Much abliged
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-11-06 02:43:02
Link | Citer | R

Nobody knows about Macc Skill and how it exactely converts to Macc.
It might not be linear and change its conversion rate according to the current target (NM or not, blahblah).

From what we know:
SE officially said that Macc Skill converts to Macc at a 2:1 conversion rate, roughly.
A very detailed test conducted by a JP guy seemed to hint that the conversion rate was somehwere closer to 1:1, at least for nukes on "normal" targets.

Did SE make a mistake? Could be.
Did the JP guy make some mistake? I doubt it, test was pretty detailed and conclusive.
It's possible the formula for conversion isn't the same everywhere though. It could be different for different types of actions and against different targets and so on, who knows.
 Ragnarok.Zuhra
By Ragnarok.Zuhra 2020-11-06 02:46:01
Link | Citer | R

well that's muddled then, at this point when they are putting exact stats in the description of food why are they bothering to be ambiguous with things like this..... ugh
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-11-06 02:48:51
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zuhra said: »
well that's muddled then, at this point when they are putting exact stats in the description of food why are they bothering to be ambiguous with things like this..... ugh
Macc skill+ happened several years ago though (shortly after the release of Seekers of Adoulin) and it was their way to give a macc boost (ilevel boost) to weapons.

Also keep in mind Macc Skill+ works only mainhand, the one in the offhand gets ignored.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-11-06 10:48:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Also keep in mind Macc Skill+ works only mainhand, the one in the offhand gets ignored.
Are you sure about this? Swore we(the community) did some testing in the past and it was whichever was higher took effect.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-11-06 11:07:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
Are you sure about this? Swore we(the community) did some testing in the past and it was whichever was higher took effect.

Confirmed only main hand weapons get the iLevel magic skill bonus. Magic Accuracy bonus's will work from both hands though.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [198 days between previous and next post]
By Slowforever 2021-05-23 22:15:47
Link | Citer | R

I did dynamis D for the first time and was told blue eyes cause mobs to to be immune to sleep
By Rive016 2021-05-23 23:45:39
Link | Citer | R

Slowforever said: »
I did dynamis D for the first time and was told blue eyes cause mobs to to be immune to sleep
Depends on what dyna you did. Only in jeuno you shouold have trouble sleeping when they are pulled on "Green eyes" https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Dynamis_-_Divergence
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [181 days between previous and next post]
By Lingerie 2021-11-21 02:22:51
Link | Citer | R

Is it possible for to lullaby Apex drifter? If so does anyone have that gearset?
By DaneBlood 2021-11-21 02:43:34
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jukiro said: »
I'll work on the BG wiki page tomorrow since I don't think the magic accuracy page has been updated in a while, but I could be wrong.

Taken from a response in the OF.

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112776-Dev-Tracker-Findings-Posts-(NO-DISCUSSION)?p=6713767&viewfull=1#post6713767

Please note that we received contradiction information from the devs and JP testing show otherwise ( it show 1 magic acc skill = 1 macc)

I remember thme doing several changes to how ilevel stats where reported and i think the above linked post it for old ilevel stats not current

--- edit ---
Was a necro post...
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-11-21 03:08:29
Link | Citer | R

Lingerie said: »
Is it possible for to lullaby Apex drifter? If so does anyone have that gearset?
No, it doesn't even land during SV nightingale/troubadour.

Sleep lands on all but the dark based wanderer.