For The Epeo-less: Naegling/Flyssa?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » For the Epeo-less: Naegling/Flyssa?
For the Epeo-less: Naegling/Flyssa?
 Shiva.Mlrlohki
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Mlrlohki
By Shiva.Mlrlohki 2020-10-28 02:03:02
Link | Citer | R

I had a thought pop into my head that I just wanted to toss up for those of us who are too time-starved to get an Epeolatry in the foreseeable future. Was wondering how effective a /DNC or more likely /NIN would be with a Naegling and a fully augmented Flyssa +1? The latter does give a total of -14% PDT and -5% DT- on other sources and Savage Blade spam is pretty good for damage, though it would be lacking the DT- II that are on Epeo or Aettir. The dual wield would also give more rune damage, though the light procs on Flyssa might interfere. Too bad /BLU isn’t able to set for DW, that could have some potential.
By Onimaru 2020-10-28 08:15:19
Link | Citer | R

Never tried that or heard of anybody who has, but seems interesting enough though you might lack some enmity and a ton of magic evasion from aettir.

[1] DMG:+10
[2] Accuracy & Mag. Accuracy +40
[3] Damage taken -5%

Can try and post again on how it went. I'm sure there's a reason why run is able to use 1h swords.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-10-28 08:17:50
Link | Citer | R

Flyssas were a go-to when they came out, but it became a much less attractive option once Aettir became augmentable.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-10-28 08:41:47
Link | Citer | R

DRK and BLU sub are too useful to be dropping on account of DW.

Also, RUN doesn't have a TP bonus option to really juice your Savage Blades, not to mention you'll have to equip some DW to cap delay, which means additional compromises.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2020-10-28 08:56:00
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
Flyssas were a go-to when they came out, but it became a much less attractive option once Aettir became augmentable.
Aettir Was my go to until Epeo.
By malakef 2020-10-28 09:09:12
Link | Citer | R

I can’t see a real case where that would be usable but if you did happen to DW I would think better options would be the firangi for its enmity and multi attack or the Reikiko for damage. DT I is just too easy to cap already on RUN. Hell maybe even a blurred +1 for spamming seems better. But I just don’t see a real use for DW RUN in regular play.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
Serveur: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-10-28 10:19:38
Link | Citer | R

+1 for Aettir.

Generally the only time I use swords on RUN is when opening Darkness with Requiescat (very rare), or when fighting Caturae, for which again, I sometimes need Requiescat to break the shield.

I did actually use Flyssa when CPing, it was great for tanking and making skillchains. My gear wasn't great back then so Flyssa helped cap PDT without giving up all my TP stats. My damage output was poo, though. I gained TP fast and took little damage, but my damage was abysmal.

When fighting caturae, I just use Naegling+Reikiko for damage.

Ultimately, outside those niche situations, I think Aettir is just better.
[+]
By Afania 2020-10-28 12:39:40
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Mlrlohki said: »
I had a thought pop into my head that I just wanted to toss up for those of us who are too time-starved to get an Epeolatry in the foreseeable future. Was wondering how effective a /DNC or more likely /NIN would be with a Naegling and a fully augmented Flyssa +1? The latter does give a total of -14% PDT and -5% DT- on other sources and Savage Blade spam is pretty good for damage, though it would be lacking the DT- II that are on Epeo or Aettir. The dual wield would also give more rune damage, though the light procs on Flyssa might interfere. Too bad /BLU isn’t able to set for DW, that could have some potential.

If you want to DD with DW, I'd main hand Kaja axe. Decimation should be better than savage blade at 1000 TP, and it does light with SB from COR for more damage. And you get to offhand Flyssa offhand if you want.

Aettir is a better tanking weapon, but it isn't good for DD.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-10-28 13:28:40
Link | Citer | R

And there's always just using one of the DD greatswords. There's like 3 non-REMA ones.
[+]
By Afania 2020-10-30 06:21:27
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Zeto said: »
And there's always just using one of the DD greatswords. There's like 3 non-REMA ones.

Using none REMA GS for DD isn't necessarily better than Kaja axe though.

1) resolution has attack penality which is very noticeable in endgame content.

2) many not-atteir DD GS isn't that defensive v.s Flyssa + /NIN combo

3) resolution/dimi isn't fusion, no SC with cor which adds big chunk of DPS.