Martial Arts

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Martial arts
Martial arts
 Asura.Karppa
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Karppa
Posts: 180
By Asura.Karppa 2020-10-23 03:04:35
Link | Citer | R
 
Just wondering does master monk need use mache Earings +1 to get full tp gain using mostly GH H2H.. this prolly been answered previous posts but askin again :D
 Asura.Chendar
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: chendar
Posts: 40
By Asura.Chendar 2020-10-23 11:11:24
Link | Citer | R
 
With Godhands on a master MNK 1x Mache+1 will just about exactly get you capped (assuming capped gear and magic haste obviously).

EDIT:
From the main MNK thread on how much Martial arts is needed:
Ramuh.Austar said: »
okay to put it simple, with magic haste capped:

spharai: 4.56
glanz: 8.16
vere: -8.04
godhands: 12.48
saggita: 6.36

Keep in mind that if you're using the empy body during impetus that has 6 martial arts on it too, and you definitely don't want to overcap.
 Asura.Karppa
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Karppa
Posts: 180
By Asura.Karppa 2020-10-23 12:44:08
Link | Citer | R
 
Ok ty for info using 1 mache +1 earring atm
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Bluewinde
Offline
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Bluewinde
Posts: 9
By Fenrir.Bluewinde 2020-11-22 14:23:50
Link | Citer | R
 
Is the earring useful for non Godhands mnk?
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Offline
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Jakey
Posts: 39
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2020-11-22 16:57:13
Link | Citer | R
 
Fenrir.Bluewinde said: »
Is the earring useful for non Godhands mnk?
Generally no assuming you are getting full haste and master. It lowers your tp per hit while not increasing your attack speed either enough or at all depending on the delay of your weapon.

Mache Earring +1 is for godhands mnks when not using empy body. When empy body is on you get too much martial arts.

You can also use Mache Earring +1 for any weapon under hundred fists since under hundred fists you bypass the normal attack speed cap and can benefit from as much martial arts as you can stack.
[+]
 Fenrir.Bluewinde
Offline
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Bluewinde
Posts: 9
By Fenrir.Bluewinde 2020-11-22 17:07:55
Link | Citer | R
 
Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
Fenrir.Bluewinde said: »
Is the earring useful for non Godhands mnk?
Generally no assuming you are getting full haste and master. It lowers your tp per hit while not increasing your attack speed either enough or at all depending on the delay of your weapon.

Mache Earring +1 is for godhands mnks when not using empy body. When empy body is on you get too much martial arts.

You can also use Mache Earring +1 for any weapon under hundred fists since under hundred fists you bypass the normal attack speed cap and can benefit from as much martial arts as you can stack.

Thanks. I'm not at master yet (Su4) and am running Karambits. I assume DA TA STP ear pieces are the way to go.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Offline
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Jakey
Posts: 39
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2020-11-22 17:27:55
Link | Citer | R
 
Fenrir.Bluewinde said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
Fenrir.Bluewinde said: »
Is the earring useful for non Godhands mnk?
Generally no assuming you are getting full haste and master. It lowers your tp per hit while not increasing your attack speed either enough or at all depending on the delay of your weapon.

Mache Earring +1 is for godhands mnks when not using empy body. When empy body is on you get too much martial arts.

You can also use Mache Earring +1 for any weapon under hundred fists since under hundred fists you bypass the normal attack speed cap and can benefit from as much martial arts as you can stack.

Thanks. I'm not at master yet (Su4) and am running Karambits. I assume DA TA STP ear pieces are the way to go.
Well the last martial arts gift is from su4 so technically what I said goes for su4+

Yeah you pretty much want to use Sherida if you have it and then it depends on your build, when not using godhands I would consider Telos, Cessance or Brutal. Dedition if you really don't need acc can also be an option. Odr if you are lacking for the earrings above can be an option when using karambits, you get some tp benefits and a decent amount of acc but still significantly less tp gain than the other options.
[+]
 Fenrir.Bluewinde
Offline
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Bluewinde
Posts: 9
By Fenrir.Bluewinde 2020-11-22 19:36:43
Link | Citer | R
 
Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
Fenrir.Bluewinde said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
Fenrir.Bluewinde said: »
Is the earring useful for non Godhands mnk?
Generally no assuming you are getting full haste and master. It lowers your tp per hit while not increasing your attack speed either enough or at all depending on the delay of your weapon.

Mache Earring +1 is for godhands mnks when not using empy body. When empy body is on you get too much martial arts.

You can also use Mache Earring +1 for any weapon under hundred fists since under hundred fists you bypass the normal attack speed cap and can benefit from as much martial arts as you can stack.

Thanks. I'm not at master yet (Su4) and am running Karambits. I assume DA TA STP ear pieces are the way to go.
Well the last martial arts gift is from su4 so technically what I said goes for su4+

Yeah you pretty much want to use Sherida if you have it and then it depends on your build, when not using godhands I would consider Telos, Cessance or Brutal. Dedition if you really don't need acc can also be an option. Odr if you are lacking for the earrings above can be an option when using karambits, you get some tp benefits and a decent amount of acc but still significantly less tp gain than the other options.

I'm lacking Telos and Dedition but I have the other ones your mentioned. Brutal or Cessance and what's the reasoning for one or the other?
 Sylph.Khirali
Offline
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Shinma
Posts: 5
By Sylph.Khirali 2020-11-23 04:45:21
Link | Citer | R
 
Odr Earring has 10 ACC / DEX and a tasty 5% Crit Rate. Karambits gain a giant +50 STP for critical hits, I am working toward that earring myself to add to my arsenal when using Karambits.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Offline
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Jakey
Posts: 39
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2020-11-23 12:02:12
Link | Citer | R
 
Sylph.Khirali said: »
Odr Earring has 10 ACC / DEX and a tasty 5% Crit Rate. Karambits gain a giant +50 STP for critical hits, I am working toward that earring myself to add to my arsenal when using Karambits.
5% chance of 50 stp, assuming you aren't already at 100% crit rate is only 2.5 stp on average so unless you are right at the dDex sweet spot so you're actually getting a lot more crit out of it the other earrings are much better for tp.

as to brutal vs cessance, if you need acc cessance, if you don't need acc then it kind of depends on rest of build, if you already have a lot of store tp and relatively low triple attack then brutal may be worth using. Karambits do effectively provide a lot of store tp so brutal may be more likely a winner, at least during impetus.
[+]
 Fenrir.Bluewinde
Offline
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Bluewinde
Posts: 9
By Fenrir.Bluewinde 2020-11-23 15:11:10
Link | Citer | R
 
Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
Sylph.Khirali said: »
Odr Earring has 10 ACC / DEX and a tasty 5% Crit Rate. Karambits gain a giant +50 STP for critical hits, I am working toward that earring myself to add to my arsenal when using Karambits.
5% chance of 50 stp, assuming you aren't already at 100% crit rate is only 2.5 stp on average so unless you are right at the dDex sweet spot so you're actually getting a lot more crit out of it the other earrings are much better for tp.

as to brutal vs cessance, if you need acc cessance, if you don't need acc then it kind of depends on rest of build, if you already have a lot of store tp and relatively low triple attack then brutal may be worth using. Karambits do effectively provide a lot of store tp so brutal may be more likely a winner, at least during impetus.

Is there a general number where store tp is worth it over DA/TA and vice versa? Can't really gauge what a low build is vs a high build.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Offline
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Jakey
Posts: 39
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2020-11-23 16:23:07
Link | Citer | R
 
Fenrir.Bluewinde said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
Sylph.Khirali said: »
Odr Earring has 10 ACC / DEX and a tasty 5% Crit Rate. Karambits gain a giant +50 STP for critical hits, I am working toward that earring myself to add to my arsenal when using Karambits.
5% chance of 50 stp, assuming you aren't already at 100% crit rate is only 2.5 stp on average so unless you are right at the dDex sweet spot so you're actually getting a lot more crit out of it the other earrings are much better for tp.

as to brutal vs cessance, if you need acc cessance, if you don't need acc then it kind of depends on rest of build, if you already have a lot of store tp and relatively low triple attack then brutal may be worth using. Karambits do effectively provide a lot of store tp so brutal may be more likely a winner, at least during impetus.

Is there a general number where store tp is worth it over DA/TA and vice versa? Can't really gauge what a low build is vs a high build.

Well short of using a dps spreadsheet basically do you have more store tp or multi attack, this gets complicated because TA and DA don't stack nicely so if you have say 20% TA then you only get 80% of your normal amount of DA.

So your average number of swings per attack round is something like this assuming only QA TA DA and KA
2(1+QA%*3+(1-QA%)TA%*2+(1-(1-QA%)TA% - QA%)DA%) + (1-QA%^2)KA%
but if only TA, DA and KA its much simpler
2(1+TA%*2+(1-TA%)DA%) + KA%

Average tp per attack round = floor(Base TP *(1+ stp%))*(average number of swings per attack round)

You generally want to maximize this value but multi attack also adds white damage. Store tp and average number of swings per round are basically separate multipliers so you are usually best off increasing whichever value is smaller between the two when considering items that trade close to 1 to 1.

Karambits makes this even more complicated since crit% also adds on average 1 store tp per 2 crit rate until you reach 100% crit rate so you need an estimate of your crit rate to say what your average store tp is.

I don't think we want to get into hit builds since Karambits makes that extremely complicated.
[+]
Log in to post.