Sylph.Seidell
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2020-09-29 15:56:42
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Asura.Meliorah said: »
This may sound absolutely terrifying, bring a f-f... friend.

Or bring a m-m... merc

lol Sylph scared off the better mercs and they jumped to other servers lol. My play time is weird and random so most of the LS isn't on. I'll probably reactivate my wife's old character and use her 99 pup
By Pantafernando 2020-09-29 16:03:36
Link | Citer | R

But really there are a lot of ways to do this (according to testimonies, as i never tried this solo).

If i had to plan, i would make sure to keep shell, stoneskin, possibly /DNC for stun or SMN to call a pet to mitigate the dmg.

Or pull it to entrance, keep RR up, wear it down till the moment you can deal one big finishing blow on it.
 Sylph.Seidell
Serveur: Sylph
user: Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2020-09-29 16:07:32
Link | Citer | R

But really there are a lot of ways to do this (according to testimonies, as i never tried this solo).

If i had to plan, i would make sure to keep shell, stoneskin, possibly /DNC for stun or SMN to call a pet to mitigate the dmg.

Or pull it to entrance, keep RR up, wear it down till the moment you can deal one big finishing blow on it.

The trouble that I had last night, was that @ 90% he would discoid and catch me off guard. So I had a /ragequit moment lol
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-29 16:09:32
Link | Citer | R

Half a dozen ways to do it solo and another half dozen include "just bring a body"

Should have it covered.

*edit* Just don't get caught off guard 4head
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Serveur: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-09-29 16:12:57
Link | Citer | R

Full Cure's stoneskin could probably work as well, it's like a 2000 health stoneskin with full mana and a good cure set, I think.
By Pantafernando 2020-09-29 16:14:19
Link | Citer | R

Biggest advice to life: prepare your best, expect the worst.

If you have time, always fight where you can recover.
By Jetackuu 2020-09-29 16:18:19
Link | Citer | R

overkill is underrated
By Aerison 2020-09-29 16:31:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Cerberus.Dierdren said: »
Or you could weaken the chariot by fulfilling the requirements. Then always stay behind the chariot. Keep up stone skin and blink and if you are sub red mage phalanx. He really is a pushover with 119 gear too. Also don't forget to enfeebled him with slow and para. Hope this helps.

What? That's not how any of that works? There is no weakening or requirements of any kind. And there is no "stand behind it" It will turn to use discoid. 119 gear doesn't make any difference to 4400 needles either. You can't Magic Evade it.

(you could open the boxes for a magic damage null temp item)

Damn chill, they obviously mistook Zhayolm for Bhaflau.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-29 16:35:08
Link | Citer | R

Aerison said: »
Cerberus.Dierdren said: »
Or you could weaken the chariot by fulfilling the requirements. Then always stay behind the chariot. Keep up stone skin and blink and if you are sub red mage phalanx. He really is a pushover with 119 gear too. Also don't forget to enfeebled him with slow and para. Hope this helps.

What? That's not how any of that works? There is no weakening or requirements of any kind. And there is no "stand behind it" It will turn to use discoid. 119 gear doesn't make any difference to 4400 needles either. You can't Magic Evade it.

(you could open the boxes for a magic damage null temp item)

Damn chill, they obviously mistook Zhayolm for Bhaflau.

Fair enough. But it's just factual corrections, not lolusuck failure ur rong.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-09-29 16:39:46
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Seidell said: »
The trouble that I had last night, was that @ 90% he would discoid and catch me off guard. So I had a /ragequit moment lol

The thing with WHM is that if you get caught off guard, you have reraise and you simply get up and continue.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-29 16:41:32
Link | Citer | R

"it's 75 content why would I ever need reraise nothing could possib... oh"

"this will be easy I don't need trust" as the mob lands the 5% sleep 2 and misses you for an entire 2 minutes

...no you can't call trust in salvage, totally different scenario, just sayin we all do dumb ***.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-09-29 16:46:42
Link | Citer | R

Happen to me before, went in naked half AFK watching something and forgot he does that move lol.
By Pantafernando 2020-09-29 17:08:22
Link | Citer | R

> Farming the Chloris pop in abyssea.

> This is going to be easy on my ilv199999 gear.

> Cannered Noz casts Death.

The end.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-09-29 17:47:20
Link | Citer | R

> Farming the Chloris pop in abyssea.

> Cannered Noz casts Death.

The end.
This sounds a lot like my story from earlier this month...

> Doing GHorn Trials

> Tzee Xicu Idol casts Death.

The end.
 Siren.Bruno
Serveur: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2020-09-29 17:52:56
Link | Citer | R

Sub pup or smn. It's that easy. Gives you 2 targets + Shell(mdt) You'll take 1100

only the weak would change their sub

[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-09-29 18:35:25
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Bruno said: »
Sub pup or smn. It's that easy. Gives you 2 targets + Shell(mdt) You'll take 1100

only the weak would change their sub

I like the cut of your jib.
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-09-29 19:11:27
Link | Citer | R

I just leave yagrush at 75. No point in upgrading.
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-09-29 21:31:03
Link | Citer | R

But pretty colors
[+]
 Shiva.Applesmash
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2020-09-29 21:57:45
Link | Citer | R

75 yag gang
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2020-09-29 22:32:06
Link | Citer | R

/
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-30 01:24:02
Link | Citer | R

After dragging my feet on Yagrush for so long, I finally made a 75 version. I have no intention of ever upgrading it further. I was kind of shocked when I realized that with 75 yagrush, and 119 head, body, hands, legs, and feet armor, the game decides I am item level 119 which I didn't know would happen. I figured it would stick me at 113~118 like when I wear other things that aren't 119.

Anyway, it does what I need it to do, but I'm still getting used to having 'na spells macro'd because it means I have to bounce through macro pages more than I was used to.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-09-30 07:50:21
Link | Citer | R

As long as either Main, Sub, Range, or Ammo have 119, then your iLevel will be 119 of your other armor slots are 119. I’m glad they did it that way or else it would be pretty awful for a lot of jobs.
By Jetackuu 2020-09-30 09:42:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
After dragging my feet on Yagrush for so long, I finally made a 75 version. I have no intention of ever upgrading it further. I was kind of shocked when I realized that with 75 yagrush, and 119 head, body, hands, legs, and feet armor, the game decides I am item level 119 which I didn't know would happen. I figured it would stick me at 113~118 like when I wear other things that aren't 119.

Anyway, it does what I need it to do, but I'm still getting used to having 'na spells macro'd because it means I have to bounce through macro pages more than I was used to.

You should upgrade it, if you're a serious whm anyway, otherwise it's whatever. That's where I'd put the recommendation anyway. For those where it's a means to an end, or in a pinch, kudos for making it, that's more than a lot put in the effort for.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-09-30 10:44:11
Link | Citer | R

I'm pretty sure if all your armor is 119, it just completely ignores your weapon/sub/range/ammo ilvl and just makes you 119.

For example my Cure build has Chatoyant Staff, Achaq Grip, and Pemphedro Tathlum, and I'm still at 119 in that set.

There's always Gearswap :)
By patience 2020-09-30 10:58:47
Link | Citer | R

mr miyagi would say:

"Best way avoid punch, no be there"
 Shiva.Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-09-30 11:57:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Pergatory said: »
I'm pretty sure if all your armor is 119, it just completely ignores your weapon/sub/range/ammo ilvl and just makes you 119.

For example my Cure build has Chatoyant Staff, Achaq Grip, and Pemphedro Tathlum, and I'm still at 119 in that set.

There's always Gearswap :)

Pretty sure you’re 109 if you visible gear is 119 but none of your weapons are 119. I can double check later, but fairly sure.
 Asura.Epigram
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2020-09-30 13:28:48
Link | Citer | R

I was in the 75 yag gang for a while, until I decided to R-15 up all the clubs... (only missing Aeonic) The nice thing about i119 Yag is that you pretty live with 10 fast cast short of capped fast cast (capped with light arts) and -35 enmity for -na spells. Which means that you can dump a ton of slots into MEVA, -DT, and quick cast (with cursna exceptions).

Admittedly it's pretty niche.
By Jetackuu 2020-09-30 13:50:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Epigram said: »
I was in the 75 yag gang for a while, until I decided to R-15 up all the clubs... (only missing Aeonic) The nice thing about i119 Yag is that you pretty live with 10 fast cast short of capped fast cast (capped with light arts) and -35 enmity for -na spells. Which means that you can dump a ton of slots into MEVA, -DT, and quick cast (with cursna exceptions).

Admittedly it's pretty niche.
Gotta ask, what does r15 Yag have to do with FC?
 Siren.Bruno
Serveur: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2020-09-30 13:58:13
Link | Citer | R

assuming it's in reference to the 20% FC for Divine Benison, 10% more than the 75. although, I think you get the same enhancement (III) starting at 90 Yag

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.