AoE Tanking?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » AoE Tanking?
AoE Tanking?
By soralin 2020-09-08 09:23:02
Link | Citer | R

Is there any reasonable way at all for a pup to tank AoE style for cleaving?

Trying to perform Omen runs with a Pup tank, Smn, and Cor, and we're having issues with burning up far too much time on our "normal" floor objectives. Especially if we roll "Kill all enemies".

Is there a reasonable way for a Pup+Smn to quickly clear the whole floor via AoE? Is there a trick to this, or is it just not something a Pup Tank is cut out for?
By Crossbones 2020-09-08 09:31:53
Link | Citer | R

Have pup equip malignance gear, hit em with phalanx and stoneskin, run in, stunga, apogee thunderspark x2? Don't really need a "tank" for trash as long as you can cc them and keep the person holding alive. I've "tanked" on brd plenty of times for example, thf works well too.
By Nariont 2020-09-08 09:44:08
Link | Citer | R

soralin said: »
Is there any reasonable way at all for a pup to tank AoE style for cleaving?

the puppet will not be able to, you "can" doing the above but so can anyone else at that point, but afaik no pet job can reasonably get aoe hate aside from what little is attained from aoe dmg
 Bahamut.Suph
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2020-09-08 10:02:06
Link | Citer | R

If you can crowd control well enough, COR’s aeolian edge is pretty potent, have the pup gather all the mob then ramuh stun the train while COR kill them in 3-4 aeolians?
By warmech 2020-09-08 10:47:48
Link | Citer | R

have cor engage trans mob, but do not ws the trans. Instead use *** to feed cor tp, if the cor positions right, can feed tp on trans while ws the sweetwaters. just have to manually <st> for ws's. all the time never disengaging the trans.
 Fenrir.Pirinolon
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Pirinolon
By Fenrir.Pirinolon 2020-09-08 10:51:10
Link | Citer | R

warmech said: »
have cor engage trans mob, but do not ws the trans. Instead use *** to feed cor tp, if the cor positions right, can feed tp on trans while ws the sweetwaters. just have to manually <st> for ws's. all the time never disengaging the trans.

This, just build tp on trancendants and leaden everything else from a distance without disenganging the trans.
i do this as solo cor with a trust tank EEV
 Phoenix.Vespajava
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Vespajava
By Phoenix.Vespajava 2020-09-08 11:35:14
Link | Citer | R

Checking my 'wet blanket' in. While there might be a gimmick, I'd plan for more practical josb PLD/blu RUN/blu to w/ support for those situations. PUP still a boss @ single target tanking =)