Does Anyone Get Major FFXI Vibes From PSO2?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
472 users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Does anyone get major FFXI vibes from PSO2?
Does anyone get major FFXI vibes from PSO2?
By karusanyoshi 2020-08-29 21:59:32
Link | Citer | R

I know this probably seems like a bizarre comparison - one is an open world EQ-style MMO, the other is a lobby-based instanced sci-fi action rpg.

But, the gameplay loops and customization are really deep like ffxi's, with tons of horizontal progression, point-based skill enhancements, a subjob system, ability to change to any class on the same character, and augment systems.

Some of the classes also reminded me of the classic ffxi ones - samurai has an equivalent called Braver that uses katana and bow, red mage has an equivalent that uses elemental-enchanted dual blades mixed with casting-based jet boots, white mage has techter who specializes in healing and buffs, and so forth. It also has a pet job called summoner, which is very similar to Puppetmaster, where you have a board with different-shaped pieces that represent stat buffs and skill enhancements, and you can build multiple pets to use.

Obviously there are also massive differences, but playing pso2 really makes me think of the best moments of ffxi.
[+]
By ashcrow 2020-08-30 00:31:05
Link | Citer | R

played it for 5 minutes and uninstalled, i don't know if it is similar to xi.
By Crossbones 2020-08-30 08:42:55
Link | Citer | R

Is the game any good? I played a lot of pso / bb and really enjoyed them, psu not so much. Have had this game installed for a while but haven't tried it yet, hear a lot of pros and cons.
[+]
By Numquam 2020-08-30 08:47:10
Link | Citer | R

I saw the preview for it. It seems nice.
 Asura.Smint
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Smint 2020-08-30 08:55:36
Link | Citer | R

Crossbones said: »
Is the game any good? I played a lot of pso / bb and really enjoyed them, psu not so much. Have had this game installed for a while but haven't tried it yet, hear a lot of pros and cons.

It was good nostalgia for sorta PSO experience, I still play but more so just to do daily missions then log off (kinda like xi). Not really sure if its fun anymore. I havent really been able to motivate myself to try the new crafting/augment things.

I guess if you love cosmetics and dont mind potentially paying out the *** for scratch cards then theres that side of it.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2020-08-30 11:23:53
Link | Citer | R

Crossbones said: »
If you get the subscription it's pretty enjoyable (JP PC version, not sure if the NA Xbox is similar in that regard).

The only problem I see is that much like many online games, you really need friends to keep enjoying it. I got really tired of soloing everything the game had to offer.
[+]