A Wrong Doing.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Fairy » A wrong doing.
A wrong doing.
By VaporElvaan 2009-10-24 02:18:13
Link | Citer | R

Hello, Little story. Fact or Fiction you tell me.

So a a couple years ago there was this kitty named Keepa who enjoyed the game and play with friends. Well, the time came for keepa the kitty to leave the game and decided. "OOH well, Ill just give my account to my friends and they can keep it, I wont be coming back". Well this is where the story gets interesting.
Years pass.. really.. years.. like 3 years pass and the character keepa is being used for a simple storage mule and even at times has been used to farm. Over the years since the original keepa left the friends have leveled the thf to 72 and been using it for farming.
Now the story takes a twist.
In I come.. having left the game a few years back myself I see my friend has an extra account and is willing to give to me instead of starting from lvl 1 again.. HOW nice of him.. <3 him so. So I become Keepa the Kitty. All in the world of fairy is good.. Im enjoying the character and playing with my friends and we are all enjoying the times spent together.. But oh no Im not lazy.. I pay every month bill, I purchase the expansions, I buy the ACP expansion.. . Oh.. I should mention the original keepa did none of the story lines and of course they weren't done when she was a mule. Anyway .. back to the story.. Soo I as keepa do COP, ZM , TOAU , WOTG, ACP and work hard at being the best keepa the kitty I can be.. I strive hard to level .. Redmage, Thief, Dragoon, all to 75.. I then lvl dancer, samurai, and smn to all 68+ with every sj lvl'd .. I take pride in being keepa the kitty and enjoy making friends and helping everyone I can.
Now the Dark part of the story comes.. I get a /tell just a few days ago from the 1st and Original Keepa... !!!! We talk.. I introduce myself.. good times are had by all... I actually give one of my mule characters that has a 50+ pld on it to the "First" keepa in a show of understanding ** actually didn't think they'd stay since they said they didn't think they'd stay and was just on to have alittle fun ** .. I help .. ((lets just call him "First") .. So I help First with lvl cap fights.. I help first by giving him lots of gil and helping him with AF and lots of other things trying to show that I nice Keepa and want to be friends. ..
THEN ONE MORNING ... I go to log into keepa and find my password has been changed... /shocked .. whats going on?? Im confused.. .. I log into a mule and the first thing I see is a /tell from our mutual friend *account holder when first keepa left* .. saying OMG MAN IM SOO SORRY I DIDN"T KNOW HE"D DO THAT! ; ;.. Turns out .. keepa contacted SE .. said account PW had been lost and got new one.. therefore kicking me off keepa..
OMG .. to say I was shocked and angry would be understatement.. I try to /tell keepa... I sob.. I feel like crying.. why would someone do that.. .. why?? .. I always nice.. never mean .. ; ;... .. he blist me so he can't see my /tells... im so mad and sad.. I /tell mutual friend to /tell "first" to see whats going on..
Mutual friend says.. he's keeping all your gil and items and not giving you any...
WHAT? .. for real? .. but.. but.. i paid for this stuff... I spent 13 hours in riverne for my soboro.. it was me that spent 50+ hours soloing on drg when noone would invite me.. It was me that bought ACP and after 0/8 tries finally beat the last fight to get the body.. It was I that spent countless hours upon hours farming gil so I could lvl the crafts I did and afford the stuff I had.. Don't I deserve them items? Don't I deserve at least the respect of being /tell by "first" that he's sorry for taking back keepa without letting me know but would give me back my items / gil in show of friendship? .. Don't I? ; ; .. So now I log into ffxi.. and see "first" using keepa.. with /seacom stating "all SJ ... All area" invite me.. YOU DIDN'T EARN ALL SJ'S LVL'D!! YOU DIDN'T SPEND HOURS EXPLORING ALL THE NEW AREAS GETTING MAPS AND UNLOCKING EVERY JOB IN GAME..!! YOU DIDN'T SPEND COUNTLESS HOURS UPON HOURS DOING CAMPAIGN FOR THE GEAR !.. ; ; ..
So now.. I log in and am a Elvaan named Vapor.. starting all over.. starting with no friends.. no gil.. no fame.. no quest done... its enough to make me want to cry sometimes.. I'll admit.. I did think maybe I should just quit.. maybe I should let "first" win and drive me away.. I was sooo close to doing soo.. so close to saying goodbye to something I love.. Then I decided to not let "first" win.. If you let other people decide your fate by the actions of what they do.. then they really win. SO..I decided to stay.. I know it will be rough, but the challenge in the begining of ffxi was one of the things that I love about it.
So to end the story.
If you see Vapor and you knew keepa... /wave... say HI and gimme a hug.. and if you see Keepa.. know that its not me and its an evil person who deserves no more then a good punch in the teeth.

The end..

b.t.w. .. story is 100% true.. names of "mutual friend" have been left out to protect his poor little taru soul.
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-10-24 02:23:26
Link | Citer | R

tl;dr
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-24 02:25:56
Link | Citer | R

tl;dr version: OP gets account from a friend who got it from a friend and puts a lot of time, effort, and money (paying the bills) into this account. Original owner returns to the game years later, friendly communication ensues. Eventually original owner calls SE and claims they forgot their password, regaining control of the account. OP is quite upset by this, understandably so.
[+]
 Ifrit.Jurai
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2009-10-24 02:29:31
Link | Citer | R

Since ya sound like ya have tried to get account back with no success.. I'm a little confused on the details.

1. Gave someone ya don't really know (original Keepa but still..) access to their account again?

2. I don't understand how they could get SE to give them account info if they are not in control of the account? (Oh yea, look at point 1).

3. If ya had taken the account and had changed info to yours that shouldn't have happened... (But look at 1 and 2).

Can you not do the same thing back to them? Since your info was on the account? How can Keepa prove the account was originally hers?
 Remora.Kindle
Serveur: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-10-24 02:31:46
Link | Citer | R

Go post your sad stories in a blog. Take care
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
Serveur: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-24 02:34:32
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Jurai said:
How can Keepa prove the account was originally hers?

Registration codes that come in the game's booklet.
 Ifrit.Jurai
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2009-10-24 02:36:58
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Ifrit.Jurai said:
How can Keepa prove the account was originally hers?

Registration codes that come in the game's booklet.
Ok, I can see that now.. I just assumed since he was given the account he would have had the code given to him as well..

But yea thinking about it.. it's only needed to first register ID's or something right? So you don't need it to actually play if it's already registered by someone. :\
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-24 02:39:26
Link | Citer | R

No, you only need it in registering the account. Once the account is created you're good to go. Install the game on another PC and just log in with your already created username/password.
 Titan.Chster
Serveur: Titan
user: Chster
By Titan.Chster 2009-10-24 02:39:29
Link | Citer | R

It's easy to prove the account is yours if you are the original owner
I had to do it when my "friend" who i gave my account too wouldn't give me the password when i wanted to come back, because they said they forgot it
90% of the info was changed but i still got it back easy
And no the person who wasn't the original owner most likely wont be able to get it back unless they have the key info

Edit: Register keys are NOT enough to get your account back, i had to give something else to get mine
 Bahamut.Paulus
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-10-24 03:08:53
Link | Citer | R

I really feel bad for you but it is ironic that the very thing you wanted to prevent from happening by getting that account is the one thing you now must do. Really sorry about that.
 Bahamut.Leonelf
Serveur: Bahamut
user: LeonPSP
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2009-10-24 03:16:02
Link | Citer | R

Sad, but douchebags are everywhere =/
 Lakshmi.Rylis
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Rylis
By Lakshmi.Rylis 2009-10-24 03:22:38
Link | Citer | R

Kinda sucks..

It's why, even though friends have offered me accounts when they leave, over the years, if I did anything with them, it was just playing around a bit on a second account.. Didn't like leveling them or putting effort into them..

Because, just in case the person came back, I'd hate to have grown attached just to hand it back.. Though, there were times I did.. And if anyone came back, I always gave back the account.. Because the friend was more important..

But in this case.. You'd think the person would have at least said something about it.. You know.. A "Hey, I'm going to ruin your game, kthxbai!" Or.. At least asking about the account..

Good luck starting again.. I doubt you're on Lakshmi, or I'd offer some help..
[+]
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2009-10-24 03:37:12
Link | Citer | R

Very crapy thing to have happen to you, though if your someone who gains an account by any other means of you yourself buying the game and being the only person who has the registration codes, Its by far too easy to have happen to you.

I could say "Fight it" but myself personaly have seen this happen to other people far to many times. Dosnt matter if it was your card attached to the account for the last long time, SE will give ownership to whomever has the Registration codes, in the end thats all the matters.

I feel for you, hopefully you will get double the satisfaction of redoing the missions and whatnot yourself a second time around, taking pleasure your better then him for it.
 Remora.Vitaru
Serveur: Remora
user: Vitaru
By Remora.Vitaru 2009-10-24 03:42:21
Link | Citer | R

sorry i couldn't read the WOT over there, but i understood that you lost your character. I know it's sad and all, but on the bright side you should feel lucky you lost it. You can have a rl now ^^
 Lakshmi.Joojoo
user: angrynun
By Lakshmi.Joojoo 2009-10-24 03:52:09
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Martydom said:
LMAO ... is all i can say

I can't believe some of the posts some people leave, granted it is a bit of a read. It's not just this guys money that was poured into this one account, but all the time slaved away to build it up to what it is now. Going through all the trouble of finishing missions, and leveling multiple jobs, then have the original owner come back on a whim and take it back in a heartless fashion is just ridiculous. As over-used and cheesy as it sounds, put yourself in his shoes. I highly doubt you'd appreciate someone laughing at you if you were in these circumstances. But then again people are just heartless ***, exhibit A: OP.

I'd say do the American thing and sue someone, but I'm sure it'd get you know where, and just cause you more trouble. Personally though, I'd just cry and quit. Can't be bothered with going through all that trouble again. Anyways, dunno where I'm going with this, but I'm sure you all get the point.

Peace out, and best of luck to .... whatever your name is now.

Edit: I don't ask that you shower him with sympathy, but a little empathy wouldn't kill a person... >.>
[+]
By Loswa 2009-10-24 04:04:05
Link | Citer | R

OK thats beyond Fk'd up if you ask me. Ive taken care of other's accounts and understand the whole giving them back and all, but this is just wrong. Tell me if you need any help if you decide to continue playing.

BTW, was it you in SW or the other person already in the past couple of weeks?
 Fairy.Kaoz
user: Loswa
By Fairy.Kaoz 2009-10-24 04:07:14
Link | Citer | R

btw Kaoz
 Bismarck.Saleam
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Saleam
By Bismarck.Saleam 2009-10-24 04:15:26
Link | Citer | R

Aw man I can truly say I'm sorry. I only had one level 75 but still 5 years and too many hours game play and I nearly lost it mentally when my * remembered ID and Pass* (You know how you can set this to automatic on pol) one day prompted me for my ID and pass (don't call me nub for not writing it down. I did, but I've moved around allot since I started playing, new houses, xbox hard drive to friends house, ect) And even though I gave SE all my info such as date of birth, card number, full name ect, they still wouldn't give me my account back because I didn't have the rego codes.

So moral is
Rego codes>all.

Although they did give me a one time pass. Maybe you can call, and if you did change your account info (Date of birth, name, security questions ect) maybe you can get your one time pass. But I think the only reply from them you're gonna get is "You should of made your own to begin with." Best of luck mate, I'm gonna go call "first" keepa the kitty a heartless thief.

PS:
I had to call like 6 times and shout at those heartless *** until they gave me over to manager and gave me back my account.
By VaporElvaan 2009-10-24 09:59:34
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the empathy guys. I wasn't really looking for empathy or sympathy more to just tell the story to let everyone who knew me know what happened and that I'm still around.
Also, I guess also to warn any Fairy players know to keep an eye out .. I saw "Keep" playing rdm and searching for a merit pt.. Just a warning.. someone who's never played the game picking it up at 75 with no experience may not be best choice.
Anyway thanks for the support from some of you. And others.. /sigh maybe one day you'll grow a heart.. maybe.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-24 10:14:17
Link | Citer | R

Well, if you wanted to fight it you could call SE and try to say the account was sold to you and just plain get the account banned.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-10-25 19:55:34
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Rylis said:
Kinda sucks.. It's why, even though friends have offered me accounts when they leave, over the years, if I did anything with them, it was just playing around a bit on a second account.. Didn't like leveling them or putting effort into them.. Because, just in case the person came back, I'd hate to have grown attached just to hand it back.. Though, there were times I did.. And if anyone came back, I always gave back the account.. Because the friend was more important.. But in this case.. You'd think the person would have at least said something about it.. You know.. A "Hey, I'm going to ruin your game, kthxbai!" Or.. At least asking about the account.. Good luck starting again.. I doubt you're on Lakshmi, or I'd offer some help..

That's my boy. lol
Well if Rylis would help so would I :D
 Fairy.Usua
user: Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2009-11-11 09:24:53
Link | Citer | R

should have bought a security token.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-11 09:50:00
Link | Citer | R

I'm sorry, I really hope you have good friends on that server who are willing to help build up your new character. Honestly what "First Keepa" did wasn't very honest to begin with, even if it was his own character. They should have asked for it back, and in the case that there was a fight... well... it would have been more justified albeit still not right; you put in a lot of work and effort for that character.

But on the technical side, there's no sympathy or consideration for that kind of thing :/ /comfort, good luck in your adventures :)
[+]
By VaporElvaan 2009-11-11 19:55:20
Link | Citer | R

***********************UPDATE**************************

So, after talking to mutual friend and trying to empathase the importance.

no long story this time..

Guy didn't cancel my CC info.. and used it to buy the add-ons and I was charged the monthly fee + add on cost at begining of this month.

S'ok though. I've gotten my CC off the account and spoken to SE about the incident and they are going to PERM BAN his account.

I'm not playing ffxi anymore.. I've decided to walk away.

ps .. if i knew who this person was in RL i'd go to jail for beating the holy hell out of the little snot
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-12 08:13:11
Link | Citer | R

How long ago was this? I saw this guy like 2 days ago.
 Fairy.Usua
user: Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2009-11-12 11:30:28
Link | Citer | R

VaporElvaan said:
***********************UPDATE**************************

So, after talking to mutual friend and trying to empathase the importance.

no long story this time..

Guy didn't cancel my CC info.. and used it to buy the add-ons and I was charged the monthly fee add on cost at begining of this month.

S'ok though. I've gotten my CC off the account and spoken to SE about the incident and they are going to PERM BAN his account.

I'm not playing ffxi anymore.. I've decided to walk away.

ps .. if i knew who this person was in RL i'd go to jail for beating the holy hell out of the little snot
You can get him for credit card fraud if you pursue it since he used your cc with out your permission.