Updated SAM.lua?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Updated SAM.lua?
Updated SAM.lua?
 Odin.Ninjaxtasy
Offline
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
Posts: 12
By Odin.Ninjaxtasy 2020-07-23 12:58:21
Link | Citer | R
 
Anyone have the best most up to date SAM.lua?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [971 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Leonorso
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 4
By Asura.Leonorso 2023-03-21 11:05:16
Link | Citer | R
 
Up!
[+]
Offline
Posts: 4
By Finan 2023-03-21 17:08:53
Link | Citer | R
 
This is my Luas i based mine off of Arislans stuff and added my own stuff

https://github.com/Finanx/FFXI-Luas
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [68 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
Offline
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
Posts: 249
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2023-05-28 09:34:50
Link | Citer | R
 
Finan said: »
This is my Luas i based mine off of Arislans stuff and added my own stuff

https://github.com/Finanx/FFXI-Luas
Trying to help a friend. I don't play same (BRD for life!). Anyway, non of the Lua files have a set for 3rd eye? id there a reason for that?
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
Offline
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: bossgalka
Posts: 167
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2023-05-28 10:40:30
Link | Citer | R
 
Leviathan.Antonioklaus said: »
Finan said: »
This is my Luas i based mine off of Arislans stuff and added my own stuff

https://github.com/Finanx/FFXI-Luas
Trying to help a friend. I don't play same (BRD for life!). Anyway, non of the Lua files have a set for 3rd eye? id there a reason for that?

Looks like he linked you some Arislan's luas, which are easier to start with, I guess, but you will end up using Selindrile's luas later anyway when you get more serious about Gearswap. So I would bite the bullet and just use Selindrile's luas now. There are instructions here, but the easiest thing to do is to back up and remove your entire Gearswap folder and then just use theirs.

https://github.com/Headtatt/Gearswap

If you want my luas to use as a base with Selindrile's, I have gear for most jobs barring a few. Obviously, SAM being one of my main ones and fully done. I am only really missing decent gear for RDM, WHM, and BST with mediocre THF, DRG, NIN and RUN luas that are unfinished or barebone DPS sets just to be able to crush Dynamis/Bumba and nothing else. Everything else is pretty well done though.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a2WPaXHSvzpQvGaOaLb8lzRUh1rBi8eU/view?usp=sharing

--------------

If you just want the raw code, this may only work with Selindrile's luas, I haven't used Arislan's stuff in like 2 years, so it may not work with his old stuff, but this is what is in my Selindrile's luas for SAM Third Eye stuff.

sets.buff['Third Eye'] = {legs="Sakonji Haidate +3"}

If you want additional DT gear or something else locked on while you have Third Eye up, you can just add them in there, but nothing else really augments TE and the legs must be worn during it, there is no precast set for it.

Personally, I am in my DT set the entire time in serious content anyway, so I don't see a point in a TE set to begin with and have mine commented out so it doesn't swap. They just increase the counter rate, which is fine, but nothing defensive. I would rather keep my Empy Legs on for extra Haste and better offensive stat than use them or any other gear for that matter.
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Raytheon
Posts: 458
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-05-28 15:33:21
Link | Citer | R
 
Leviathan.Antonioklaus said: »
Anyway, non of the Lua files have a set for 3rd eye? id there a reason for that?

Mine does, it basically has a DD set for when hasso is up, and a DT/counter set for when you change to seigan stance and pop third eye. Comes in extremely useful at times when you need it.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/10LKyIvEISYAuaFj-t_QLl7GtCAcVk7bi

Edit: Be sure to grab both the SAM and sam_gearset files.
 Phoenix.Antonioklaus
Offline
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
Posts: 29
By Phoenix.Antonioklaus 2023-05-28 16:01:14
Link | Citer | R
 
Carbuncle.Samuraiking said: »
Leviathan.Antonioklaus said: »
Finan said: »
This is my Luas i based mine off of Arislans stuff and added my own stuff

https://github.com/Finanx/FFXI-Luas
Trying to help a friend. I don't play same (BRD for life!). Anyway, non of the Lua files have a set for 3rd eye? id there a reason for that?

Looks like he linked you some Arislan's luas, which are easier to start with, I guess, but you will end up using Selindrile's luas later anyway when you get more serious about Gearswap. So I would bite the bullet and just use Selindrile's luas now. There are instructions here, but the easiest thing to do is to back up and remove your entire Gearswap folder and then just use theirs.

https://github.com/Headtatt/Gearswap

If you want my luas to use as a base with Selindrile's, I have gear for most jobs barring a few. Obviously, SAM being one of my main ones and fully done. I am only really missing decent gear for RDM, WHM, and BST with mediocre THF, DRG, NIN and RUN luas that are unfinished or barebone DPS sets just to be able to crush Dynamis/Bumba and nothing else. Everything else is pretty well done though.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a2WPaXHSvzpQvGaOaLb8lzRUh1rBi8eU/view?usp=sharing

--------------

If you just want the raw code, this may only work with Selindrile's luas, I haven't used Arislan's stuff in like 2 years, so it may not work with his old stuff, but this is what is in my Selindrile's luas for SAM Third Eye stuff.

sets.buff['Third Eye'] = {legs="Sakonji Haidate +3"}

If you want additional DT gear or something else locked on while you have Third Eye up, you can just add them in there, but nothing else really augments TE and the legs must be worn during it, there is no precast set for it.

Personally, I am in my DT set the entire time in serious content anyway, so I don't see a point in a TE set to begin with and have mine commented out so it doesn't swap. They just increase the counter rate, which is fine, but nothing defensive. I would rather keep my Empy Legs on for extra Haste and better offensive stat than use them or any other gear for that matter.
ty, when I came back to the game and switched from spellcast to gearswap, I started using kinematics files. I'll check out yours. Most of the people I play with aren't up on gearswap. He is slowly using it.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [123 days between previous and next post]
Offline
Posts: 4
By Finan 2023-09-28 10:00:33
Link | Citer | R
 
by the statement of Arislans stuff i ment i took his lua's then rewrote the code entirely it was more of a credit thing since his was the base. Mine has a lot more functionality added to it based on my liking because some people including myself don't like Selindriles luas.
[+]
Log in to post.