Is ODIN Dead In The Water.? What Can Be Done About It? Is It Worth Salvaging? Whats The State Of Your Server?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Is ODIN dead in the water.? What can be done about it? Is it worth salvaging? Whats the state of your server?
Is ODIN dead in the water.? What can be done about it? Is it worth salvaging? Whats the state of your server?
 Pandemonium.Rathz
Serveur: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Rathz
By Pandemonium.Rathz 2009-11-02 20:25:16
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Blazza said:
It'd be 3k and 1 if I didn't keep randomly dc'ing every 5 minutes :/

Still having that problem? Check your cables (The one that you use to connect to your router). I had the same damn issue and after resetting the router, updating both firmware and computer, I switched cables and I have no problem now.
 Odin.Eirwen
Serveur: Odin
user: dhkite
By Odin.Eirwen 2009-11-03 03:07:03
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Aramina said:
We used to be dealing with 5k on weekends and 3-5k weeknights before they locked out the server, just for reference for people from other servers.

Odin isn't dead yet, but once you lose the critical mass required to get endgame stuff done, more people will leave the server or quit, and then it's all downhill.

More and more Dynamis runs of my linkshell get cancelled because people already have what they want, and since there are no new players, this was bound to happen. A few people already changed servers.

Odin.Kailiegh said:
The worst is that there are no new players. Everyone has at least one 75 job and most people who party at low levels are either just leveling a sub job or leveling in between end game events. It's difficult to find decent parties below 40. It's even worse trying to find a tank. Will Odin ever be reopened or are the rumors of a merge with another server true?

I really hope so. Even with the older missions (ZM, CoP) it becomes harder to get a group going, mainly because most of the players have already done these missions and wouldn't make those runs again for just one or two players.

Pandemonium.Rathz said:
Odin.Blazza said:
It'd be 3k and 1 if I didn't keep randomly dc'ing every 5 minutes :/

Still having that problem? Check your cables (The one that you use to connect to your router). I had the same damn issue and after resetting the router, updating both firmware and computer, I switched cables and I have no problem now.

Friend of mine had the same random DC issue as well. Everything was in order hardware-wise. it was probably his provider. After he moved to his new house, he got the same provider, only a better package, and DC's be gone!
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-03 04:13:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Korpg said:
Naw, that was just an attempt to make today a little more interesting.

But usually for that to work, need somebody with more intelligence than a walnut to talk to.

lol made my day
[+]
 Shiva.Darkshade
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2009-11-03 05:05:16
Link | Citer | R

2.4k online atm on Shiva. lowest I've ever seen it is 1.1k. Highest is 4k. Remember kids, higher population doesn't mean better server. There is a middle ground.
 Odin.Aramina
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-11-03 07:18:17
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Resurrection just died, in my opinion, Odin's (Server) Life has just begun. Until then, it was just in a vegetative state with a giant *** stuck up it's ***. And just for the record, it's still easier to level a noob job now than it was when FFXI's first months-Year after NA release.

Vindication went to social-only not long ago, too. Most of the old-timers had almost everything they already wanted and new players are few and far between.

We were doing Sea/Sky/Limbus/Event NM 6 days a week, and the shell was around for 4 years as various names (Envy, Vindicated, Vindication). MJ even made a somewhat memorial post on the LS site a few days ago, since he was one of the original founders. A few people moved on the LB, TheForce, and some other EGLS, and others are doing who knows what.

As for me, Aramina/Darkmoose will continue on Odin, but it will be my friend behind the controls in the near future. He is giving his char to his roommate and taking over mine. Seven 75s, lots of merits and good gear all around, but as much as I could probably E-Bay it for, I would never do it, so I'm giving it to someone who will represent my name well and who will get enjoyment out of it.

I'll miss the people, but I'm already RL friends with so many of them. I won't miss the BS and drama (well, not much, but sometimes it's funny to listen to the idiots in WG).
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Aytac
Serveur: Siren
user: Aytac
By Siren.Aytac 2009-12-12 10:53:23
Link | Citer | R

Saturday, Dec. 12 in the morning had about 2800 on Siren! I was like holy crap!
 Bismarck.Keara
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Keara76
By Bismarck.Keara 2009-12-12 11:23:43
Link | Citer | R

1394 people on, it's Saturday @ 12:23PM EST
By Mikumaru 2009-12-12 18:05:36
Link | Citer | R

I havent been on Odin since February . I changed to Pheonix to play with a RL friend who obviously couldnt get on Odin . I was so dead set against leaving we looked into splitting the cost of buying an Account on Odin . The cheapest we could find was an Elf DRK69 rank 5 , no missions , WAR37 SUb and thats it . $300 wasnt worth being RMT . SO i switched .
I havent really regretted it , i just really miss my firends and LS . In the 10 months since i have been gone , quite a few old and new friend from Odin have quit , either temporary or permenantly for RL issues . When i left in Feb '09 there were still an Avg. of 2k+ ppl on any given day . If the numbers are droppin that much it brings hope that i may soon return home .
I cant Believe Res went Belly up , but in a way its not so surprising with the shady nature of its leadership and operation .A good Freind of mine makes sure to taunt me(Yea i'm talkin to you Erm) with PoL messeges affirming that i will never be able to return home . I hope he's wrong .
I ask the GMs about once a month for news of Odins re-opening . They of course laugh and say , ' no and there no future plans as of yet to either . it is a popular choice of those asking about world transferrence still' . thats no joke , either . I suspect if they were to Open Odin , you would see many , like me , Jumping ship faster than rats on the Titanic .
But be assured you arent alone . While its nice to go to Sky with 85% of the NMs up and not need a ToD or 4+ hours to do SKy , or Making a PT in 10-60 minutes and goin to Cadaver Mire with only one other PT there is really nice . But having to FInd 4 other people willing to PT Synced , or with out a BRD or COR , or w/e *** reason that they would rather Seek for hours then get in a 12-15K an hour PT (Vs. the chance of a 18k+) boggles me .It seems most of Pheonix is either New-to-the-game or an Endgameonry Elitest .

Again , your thread gives me hope of a Homecoming sooner than later . FFXI wont die until we , the player base , allow it to do so . I doubt they would close Odin , forcing its Population to change servers . And if they did i am sure it would be like before they closed it ,offer the service free of charge .
EmmalizErmengardShadowkingSouelTitoeoTerrenKoomooKeebuAshokanLizhenPookypooHenitaMorghanSpikeyFishuraLeeyKestusamaMiryokuOochichoaCjmDagmarElvimaAtia . I miss you all .
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaguarx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Jaguarx
By Lakshmi.Jaguarx 2009-12-12 19:02:03
Link | Citer | R

i've noticed the servers dying for a while
lately it takes me 30mins+ to get a Nyzul Isle 80 Askar body free lot party together. When back then I just shouted once and had 10+ /tells waiting for me
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-12-12 19:23:14
Link | Citer | R

That's either one of two things.

1. Everyone has one.
2. People finally realized how bad it is.