rChat - Chat Replacement Add-On for Windower
 Asura.Erupt
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: erupt
By Asura.Erupt 2020-08-06 10:06:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Lioncourt said: »
Is the battle log due to BattleMod or have you added your own custom output for it?

Both, it's assuming battlemod is there so some patterns are only going to match battlemod.

I've done a bit of formatting on the battle message displays.

As an aside I went through battle patterns last night for awhile and ironed out a large chunk of bad patterns that caused double spaced and sometimes aoe lines getting chopped up. Also redid instance queue line formatting as there's quite alot of variations that all share that same chat ID(Reive announcements being one). Also added zone entry patterns as well and echo.

Enabling archive helps quite a bit now on backtracking chat lines that are not yet formatted. Hope to get every possible line done.

Added 2 more IDs to the incoming pause and haven't had any issues with yet.
 Asura.Erupt
By Asura.Erupt 2020-08-08 22:04:36
Link | Citer | R

Some updates

__08.07.20__
After some testing with the archive feature I have changed the way writes are performed to
not degrade performance under heavy logging situations like cleaving or alliance fights.
Archive textlines will buffer until the next scheduled log write. You can always force the log
to write by either reloading the addon or using //rchat save.
I also updated a style format that was causing Erase's to not display properly.
Added //rchat dropswindow toggle.
If splitdrops is active this will enable or disable the window from popping up unless you do abilities
//rchat showdrops to force it.
I also redid how the chat windows are updated to avoid the window processing 8 times a second
when chat packet comes in with multiple entries. Window should just process after last one to make
things smoother.

__08.08.20__
Changed autotranslate phrases to show up with {}'s in the chatlog and be easier to see.
Added some more effects to Autotranslate bracers, colored them like they are in vanilla chat!

[+]
 Asura.Erupt
By Asura.Erupt 2020-08-11 22:39:30
Link | Citer | R

This is a big update as in I've rewritten alot of the backend on tab handling and made click maps fully dynamic. This all in preparation for one of the funner features I've been able to release.

Customizable Tabs.

You now have a tabs.lua file which includes all the tab settings for the addon. Within this file you can add and delete tabs, Rename them, change the ordering. You can also create new custom tabs which you can put custom chat id's you'd like them to receive.

One example:

You set ['All_Exclusions'] = {148,161}

This will now filter out chat id's 148, and 161 from the 'All' type tab. Which are instance queue messages and moogle/campaign messages.

Now we make a Custom Tab with this in your tabs.lua.
{name='Custom',ids={148, 161},tab_type='Normal'},

Now all queue messages and moogle messages will filter into that tab solely. The same can be done with battle chat types to record spell casts perhaps in their own tab.

You can combine Tell/LS1/LS2 into a single tab if you'd like. On initial reload when you've renamed tabs your tables will be empty. You can modify your chat log and rename old tables to your new ones if you want your history to resume.

If you'd like to figure out what chat id's are to what, I have very brief descriptions for quite a few of them in the styles.lua file. But just enable //rchat debug and you can see what id's go for what chat types to use in your custom settings.

[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2020-08-12 19:16:16
Link | Citer | R

Does not pick up \\ in chat
 Asura.Erupt
By Asura.Erupt 2020-08-12 20:06:21
Link | Citer | R

It's filtering out \'s to prevent issues with the save file, I'll work on the pattern to clear it up.
 Asura.Erupt
By Asura.Erupt 2020-08-12 20:25:23
Link | Citer | R

Actually I take that back, I'm not actually filtering that out, it seems like a single backslash will escape out any character in a windower text box.

Have to actually escape out every \ to appear in chat. Just fixed this now and pushed it out. Trailing \'s in a line will still be filtered out as I was doing originally.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2020-08-13 07:34:58
Link | Citer | R

Wasn't sure if the \\ was intended.

Have some questions about the battle tab...

How can I change the color of special actions done by monsters?
Would it be possible to make it larger then the rest of the text?

Will battle mentions or mentions show if I am looking at the tab?

Case:
Staring at general "side" tab and battle tab.
Mention set for battle dread spikes / fatal allure

Thanks for making this.
 Asura.Erupt
By Asura.Erupt 2020-08-13 09:15:33
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
Wasn't sure if the \\ was intended.

Have some questions about the battle tab...

How can I change the color of special actions done by monsters?
Would it be possible to make it larger then the rest of the text?

Will battle mentions or mentions show if I am looking at the tab?

Case:
Staring at general "side" tab and battle tab.
Mention set for battle dread spikes / fatal allure

Thanks for making this.

I'd have to look at monster abilities chat IDs, Most battle IDs do get shared with things other than abilities.

If your current tab is the tab with a mention set it will ignore it, unless your current tab is the battle tab and you have battle_flash set. Battle_flash does not care what tab your in and will trigger a mention from the battle tab always, and will flash the background to make it stand out more.

You can not change font or size in the middle of a text box, these are assigned to the whole text box.
 Asura.Erupt
By Asura.Erupt 2020-08-14 21:48:10
Link | Citer | R

The last couple of updates have been mostly backend changes to make things easier to work on later. The lua has been split up into several files now to better organize functions. Rewrote how scrolling works and how chat processing deals with it, and now all windows are scrollable in the addon due to making this code a little more generic. So this means you can scroll your undocked window just like your main window.

This will help in the future if I want to do any other kind of windows. I have some more ideas I plan to work on this weekend to perhaps make configuring options a little easier.

Sprinkled in with this update is a few more style fixes I've caught during playing.
[+]
 Asura.Erupt
By Asura.Erupt 2020-08-15 12:42:26
Link | Citer | R

Made a setup menu, if you right click on the [rChat] in the main menu a setup menu will open up, which you can then click on all the setup options to do either a quick setting change or just to view all your changes. Right clicking the [rChat] again will close the menu.

[+]
 Asura.Erupt
By Asura.Erupt 2020-08-18 20:44:24
Link | Citer | R

Huge backend change to how fonts are handled and how width is handled in the addon.

First big thing is there is now a Font Calibrator built into the addon. What this does is load a new font and attempt to figure out if its a Monospace font or not and then detect how large the average letter is to more accurately map out click controls and word wrap functions.

With this change width settings have changed from Character based to Pixel based width settings.So if you had a 115 width prior your new width is probably going to be more like 700.

I've also tweeked some default settings for first time users, I've made both the strict* settings on by default as this is one of the most common questions I get about the addon. The default font has been changed to 'Lucida Sans Typewriter', this was only chosen because it's a default installed windows monospace font.

About monospace vs non. Monospaced fonts have exact width size per character which is the ideal type of font for this addon. If you notice your window moving even with strict on,maybe a couple pixels, chances are you aren't using a monospace font. The font calibrator will tell you if your font is 100% monospaced during it's test. For non monospaced font I have put alot of work into trying to make the addon accomodate for your font's shortcomings. There's a new option called enhancedwhitespace which is defaulted to on. If the addon detects you aren't using a monospace font it'll try to use this alternative whitespace character to build the menu's. There is a chance some fonts don't actually have this character and will show up as blocky garbage in the menu. You can disable this using the rChat setup menu by right clicking [rChat] or //rchat enhancedwhitespace.

Hopefully this will new addition will help some new users that are scared about switching their chat windows over.

Asura.Erupt
By Asura.Erupt 2020-08-21 00:37:27
Link | Citer | R

The next feature I'm working on currently is a Vanilla_Mode toggle. It actually changes how the addon processes text entirely when enabled, instead of matching and converting everything to the addon's custom style, it just converts the color codes native from the FFXI client into \\cs RGB codes.

Hopefully I'll have it ready to release this weekend. Need to tweak the colors to match the vanilla settings a little better.

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Kenshi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: KenshiDRK
By Ragnarok.Kenshi 2020-08-21 06:22:55
Link | Citer | R

Such great work. Would it be possible to add a condense white dmg function like the one found in battlemod? Myself and several others run into issues where BM deletes/duplicates/you-name-it text, so it would be nice to be able to stop using it alltogether, but the condense function is just too good to pass up and not found elsewhere.

Battlemod shouldn't be duplicating or deleting text, it is probably conflicting with another addon that manipulates chat log.
 Asura.Erupt
By Asura.Erupt 2020-08-21 08:17:51
Link | Citer | R

Such great work. Would it be possible to add a condense white dmg function like the one found in battlemod? Myself and several others run into issues where BM deletes/duplicates/you-name-it text, so it would be nice to be able to stop using it alltogether, but the condense function is just too good to pass up and not found elsewhere.

I haven't noticed any issues with battlemod personally, might want to just make sure it's loaded before any other addons that work with chat log entries. Battlemod takes care of way too much to think about wanting to replicate it.
 Asura.Erupt
By Asura.Erupt 2020-08-21 08:21:46
Link | Citer | R

Went ahead and was able to finish some of the lingering format issues with Vanilla_mode, so I pushed it out right now. There's also some backend changes to the log saving function to fix a issue with battle_log not being pruned and possibly growing to a rather large table.

Vanilla mode is much less demanding than the default custom mode, so it might be worth a try during things like Dyna-D and such.

I'll tune some more colors tonight for vanilla, all of them were just me using a inkdropper on a //bm colortest to get rgb codes.

I am already thinking next thing I want to get into is making the find function a little more robust and allowing searches to populate their own scrollable window or maybe a temporary tab.
 Asura.Aerec
user: Aerec101
By Asura.Aerec 2020-08-21 08:27:40
Link | Citer | R

So I can't seem to get the vanilla chat windows to hide completely using this? It works normally but when I type anything it automatically bring up 2-4 lings of vanilla window.
 Asura.Erupt
By Asura.Erupt 2020-08-21 08:54:43
Link | Citer | R

Going over a conversation we had in windower discord about settings.

It was
Window effects off,
Reactive Log on
Split windows on
Vertical windows on

and then should be able to bottom out minimum to 0

Whenever text shows up when I type i just hit ESC a couple of times to force my log back to 0 too.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-08-21 08:58:48
Link | Citer | R

Currently there is no way to completely eliminate the entire in game vanilla chat due to The way NPCs utilize the chat for certain functions are example being it cannot filter out Magian Moogles Rae it completely locks up because the menus use the same IDs that the npc text uses so that’s going to happen every now and then.

If I’m missing anything in that regard erupt can better explain it I’m sure
 Asura.Erupt
By Asura.Erupt 2020-08-21 23:04:25
Link | Citer | R

Well Fixed a few things after some reports regarding the font calibrations. I wrote up some information on the readme regarding how to deal with different situations with non-monospace fonts.

And while I was fixing stuff I added a new search command //rchat findall, which I will probably remove the original find at some point. This new search command will search all tabs available and provide every result in a scrolling window which makes it very easy to sift through. Pop up windows like this and the Drops window can be closed with a simple right click now.

Please check the readme if you run into any issues with the new font system.

[+]
By Aricomfy 2020-08-22 18:14:24
Link | Citer | R

Man, I've been following this for a while now and when you added Vanilla Mode and that comparison, I was sold. Are the vanilla Window Types planned to be added? If so, I'd love to see Window Type 4 added to this.
 Asura.Erupt
By Asura.Erupt 2020-08-22 18:50:45
Link | Citer | R

Aricomfy said: »
Man, I've been following this for a while now and when you added Vanilla Mode and that comparison, I was sold. Are the vanilla Window Types planned to be added? If so, I'd love to see Window Type 4 added to this.

Yeah it honestly wasn't something I was going to put my time into, but have had a few people that want all the add-on features but just want all the look and color to stay the same. There's still some work to do with vanilla mode color codes, but I'm going to try to get this as close as I can, I'll definitely work on getting different window type options. Honestly most of that is easy past getting all the codes color codes converted properly.
By Aricomfy 2020-08-22 19:42:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Erupt said: »
There's still some work to do with vanilla mode color codes, but I'm going to try to get this as close as I can, I'll definitely work on getting different window type options. Honestly most of that is easy past getting all the codes color codes converted properly.

Nice. I thought I'd pop back in here real quick and let you know something I discovered when using the newest version. If you do not have Lucida Sans Typewriter as a font on your PC (which I don't) and you //lua load ruptchat for the first time, then some really wonky stuff happens. The chat box almost infinitely expands to the right, the tabs become unclickable, the chat box is completely blank, yet still expands which makes sense I guess since I lacked the font needed and you pretty much have to manually adjust everything in the xml/lua files.

I got around this by putting a fresh ruptchat in my addons and before loading it in the game, I went into the globals.lua and changed the fonts listed on lines 88 and 89 to the font, "Meiryo". Could probably just get away with changing the font on line 88 but wanted to make sure. After that, it loaded up just fine in-game.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-08-22 20:43:58
Link | Citer | R

You can change the font in game at will as long as you have the font loaded in windows. If you download any new font you have to completely restart FFXI.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Ritikaa
user: Ritika
By Asura.Ritikaa 2020-09-24 21:20:57
Link | Citer | R

Hello! I love the idea of this mod. I've encountered an issue with it that seems to be linked to the Windows scale/layout setting to resize everything on the screen. I will admit that this also has native issues with FFXI itself, but it works fine at 150% on my 4k TV by setting the actual resolution of the game to 2560x1440, so it fits properly.

The issue is that the clickmaps end up being off and not lining up with the tabs properly. Additionally, unlike the game, it persists if I switch over to playing on my 1440p monitor which isn't using this scaling, until I disable said scaling on the TV.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [67 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Erupt
By Asura.Erupt 2020-11-30 13:19:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ritikaa said: »
Hello! I love the idea of this mod. I've encountered an issue with it that seems to be linked to the Windows scale/layout setting to resize everything on the screen. I will admit that this also has native issues with FFXI itself, but it works fine at 150% on my 4k TV by setting the actual resolution of the game to 2560x1440, so it fits properly.

The issue is that the clickmaps end up being off and not lining up with the tabs properly. Additionally, unlike the game, it persists if I switch over to playing on my 1440p monitor which isn't using this scaling, until I disable said scaling on the TV.

Sorry for late reply, but if you rechange your ui size at all you should always do a //rchat calibrate to recalculate the maps.
 Asura.Erupt
By Asura.Erupt 2020-11-30 13:22:03
Link | Citer | R

And as a side note I will release my current version this week that added a format filter for the new assist channel. Even though it's like devoid of any activity lol.
 Asura.Erupt
By Asura.Erupt 2020-12-07 16:14:28
Link | Citer | R

Pushed out a new update today finally.

__12.07.20__
I've been on a bit of a break from the game, but I've added support for the new Assist Channel, some
beta support for Rank #'s showing, but I do not have a mentor character to test fully atm. I've also
fixed some issues with the font calibrator. Namely if the system detects a font that is not support it
will default back to Arial font and re-calibrate again. There's alot of instances where players systems
just seem to not even support what is supposed to be a windows native font I have set. Windower's text
system does not actually detect if you give it a bad font and it will continue to set windows with any
font name you give it.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [49 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Erupt
By Asura.Erupt 2021-01-25 18:30:37
Link | Citer | R

Added a new little feature today to undocked windows.

__01.25.21__
Made auto undocked window hiding. This will allow the secondary tab to auto disappear when there's been no activity for 30 seconds. So for battle log if nothing has happened it will auto hide, it'll reappear as soon as a log entry shows up.

Use //rchat undocked_hide to enable/disable.
 Asura.Erupt
By Asura.Erupt 2021-02-01 16:49:23
Link | Citer | R

Fixed some bugs with displaying the Rank#'s for Assist channel users.
[+]