Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » masochistic enough to do two timesuck mmos
masochistic enough to do two timesuck mmos
 Asura.Heliios
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Heliios
By Asura.Heliios 2008-11-18 18:38:14
Link | Citer | R

I actually like a lot about WoW, I just get burned out whenever I play either game for too long.

I like WoW's actual "instant cast" spells, their not-so-cryptic stats (no walls of math-text figuring out what 700 agility gives you), and the fact that mobs you hit (or don't) don't take a personal vendetta against you and chase you into the next (nonexistent) loading screen. I like the fact that their PvP (arenas and BGs, not so much Horde vs. Alliance "ganking" and the like) provides an enjoyable experience that, to me, would make a fine and dandy standalone game. I like Talents. I like the fact that, with PvP, there's more motivation to raid and get better gear, rather than the ability to do better raids to get better gear to do better raids to get better gear to do better raids). I like the fact that Blizzard didn't use a Yamaha synthesizer for 3-minute loops of all their music.

Yet I still play FFXI.
 Fairy.Lethewaters
Serveur: Fairy
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2008-11-18 20:01:40
Link | Citer | R

I played WoW for a short time. You can get alot of stuff done quickly but I stopped because I felt:
1) Too cartoonish
2) Too many annoying kids running around (If I wanted to repeat High School I would stay 15 forever)
3) It provided very little challenge to me
4) Body campers. nuff said

I'll also add that aside from FFxi, I do play Guild Wars and Warhammer. I swap the game depending on how much playtime I have, my mood and also my GF.

I play each game at least once a week, maybe twice. It's also nice that when one is down for maintenance, I an play a different one. :P
 Siren.Flattus
Serveur: Siren
user: Flattus
By Siren.Flattus 2008-11-19 04:42:40
Link | Citer | R

I played WoW myself, It's too easy to get to the max level, too easy to get gear, and to me, it gets boring fast. That, and its kind of lonely soloing, because exp parties bearly exist.