Coronavirus Death Toll Estimation USA

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Coronavirus death toll estimation USA
Coronavirus death toll estimation USA
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 53 54 55
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-08 13:27:48
Link | Citer | R

“He did nothing to address empty shelves”

Why were they empty in the first place?
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-08 13:44:37
Link | Citer | R

Well if you listen to Hideka, its Congress' fault. But again, its deflection. He had 3 years to restock them, thats a fact. He did nothing, also a fact. Thats his fault. Another fact.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-08 16:07:09
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Well if you listen to Hideka, its Congress' fault. But again, its deflection. He had 3 years to restock them, thats a fact. He did nothing, also a fact. Thats his fault. Another fact.

So, if the pandemic happened four years ago, would it have been his fault?
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-08 16:12:35
Link | Citer | R

Didn't we have an outbreak 4 years ago that you guys blamed Obama for relentlessly?
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2020-04-08 16:16:19
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Hideka said: »
honestly Kireek.... your not wrong. talking to some dems these days.... i swear its like they want us to fail and die. like people are literally cheering because they think the USA Is doing the worst of any country with this virus....

it boggles the mind.. they'd literally prefer death over orange man.

It's because the alternative, accepting that dogmatic ideology failed them, is unthinkable. Just look at the candidates to see whats really going on.

If a mouse runs across the White House Lawn, it's Orange Man Bad!
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-08 16:18:39
Link | Citer | R

Didn't we have an outbreak 4 years ago that you guys blamed Obama for relentlessly?

Uhh, not that I recall. H1N1 was a bigger deal than anything else, and I only blame Obama for not working with Congress to stock up in the aftermath of that (Dems had control at the time).

That being said, is your answer to my question a yes?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-08 16:25:10
Link | Citer | R

Seriously, it’s not hard. If Trump is to blame for not stocking up, then Obama’s to blame for not stocking up too. I don’t care one way or another of you blame Trump, I just want to hear it out your mouth that Obama screwed up because I’m not sure you can do it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-04-08 16:26:43
Link | Citer | R

I'm tired of editing quote chains. So I'm stopping. Yes, I'm lazy.

not sure what point you were making by bolding it. i was pointing out that he is correct in that the case loads are larger, but the per capita amounts are more relevant - which was your point. i was agreeing with you..

Alright first, no, Trump is not correct when he blames Obama for "leaving behind" a bad testing kit. You literally just said it wasn't Obama's fault, so how can Trump be correct. The testing kits the CDC had were not bad kits, period. They weren't designed to test for this virus, but that doesn't make them bad kits, which is what Trump has alleged when trying to blame Obama. He has deflected all possible criticism of the testing problem we are still facing and put it entirely on Obama. Its a lie. You are also completely ignoring the horrible rollout of the testing, which is still horrible in mid April.

Both can be true. i never said trump was right to blame obama. I said hes right about the state obama left them in. the distinction is that i dont blame obama. he clearly didnt do it right, but again hindsight isnt a reasonable means on which to base criticisim in this case.

Secondly, we aren't shifting the blame to Congress. Trump had a rubber stamp in his first two years, he knew about the shortages, he dramatically increased spending, and did nothing to address the empty shelves. He got the budget he wanted in the first two years, if he had wanted to restock the shelves, he could have pushed for it, and he would have gotten it. He didn't. Thats on him. So again, when he is blaming Obama, its just another attempt to deflect. And its also a lie. And its easy to see.

i mean you're not blaming congress, but i am. Presidents dont write spending bills. Congress does. He can propose one for sure, but congress ultimately writes laws. you assume he DID know the stockpiles were in disarray. I wonder when he had time to look into those.. Was it before or after the democrats getting up his *** trying to impeach him for the last three years? Was it before or after the kavanaugh hearings that turned out to be hoaxes at every turn?

the point im trying to make is People need to give up the hate and move on with fixing this. you still, today have asshats like schitt and pelosi trying to tear this ***apart. its like were all in a burning building, and trumps throwing water on the fire to put it out, and instead of handing him a bucket of water, they hand him a bucket of gasoline. Give up the ghost. Accept that trump is the president, and will likely see a second term. i cant take four more years of democrats being this mentally broken. its pathetic to watch.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-04-08 16:33:38
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

So, if the pandemic happened four years ago, would it have been his fault?

That is a poorly worded question. Fact is, the pandemic itself is no one's fault. It is the response to the pandemic that in question. Trump spent 2 months with blinders on while this pandemic grew. You can't compare that to 4 years ago, and if this were have happened then. It would be pure speculation, with the left claiming Obama would have handled it better, and the right stating the opposite. Your question functions solely to bait people into fighting.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-08 16:48:08
Link | Citer | R

The question was indeed poorly worded and I couldn’t go back and edit after the fact when I realized my mistake. I’ll reword the question so that you can understand the context spelled out in previous and later posts since context is hard for, well, some people. The question should read, “So, if the pandemic happened four years ago under Obama’s watch, would the lack of supplies be his fault?”
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-04-08 16:49:29
Link | Citer | R

The question was indeed poorly worded and I couldn’t go back and edit after the fact when I realized my mistake. I’ll reword the question so that you can understand the context spelled out in previous and later posts since context is hard for, well, some people. The question should read, “So, if the pandemic happened four years ago under Obama’s watch, would the lack of supplies be his fault?”

Okay, I'll try to make this more simple. My response was a generic one, but it applied to ventilators as well. Trump had 2 months to have them made/stocked...but he didn't. You cannot compare that to something that didn't happen 4 years ago. Again, the left will state Obama would have done batter and the right will say he would have done worse. It is a baited question.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-08 16:51:16
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »

Okay, I'll try to make this more simple. My response was a generic one, but it applied to ventilators as well. Trump had 2 months to have them made/stocked...but he didn't. You cannot compare that to something that didn't happen 4 years ago. Again, the left will state Obama would have done batter and the right will say he would have done worse. It is a baited question.

What? We weren’t even talking about two months ago, because by then it was too late to stockpile what was needed. We were talking about the years leading up to this.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-04-08 17:00:10
Link | Citer | R

What? We weren’t even talking about two months ago, because by then it was too late to stockpile what was needed. We were talking about the years leading up to this.

Something that specific would be pointless as well, as it would imply that every president would have failed to stockpile for a world-wide crisis. No, when this thing started blowing up in late January, that is when action needed to be taken. Starting rampant production of ventilators then would have put us 2 months ahead of this thing.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-08 17:12:02
Link | Citer | R

Something that specific would be pointless as well, as it would imply that every president would have failed to stockpile for a world-wide crisis. No, when this thing started blowing up in late January, that is when action needed to be taken. Starting rampant production of ventilators then would have put us 2 months ahead of this thing.

Umm, the President doesn't control the budget. There's no telling what would have happened if he had tried to use the DPA a month or two before even declaring a national emergency to force it to happen. Congress probably would have thrown a fit. It's a coulda-woulda-shoulda situation, and nobody had a clear prediction of how many we actually would have needed in January, so it would have been a huge gamble.

Sorry, but these are the kinds of things that need to be worked out and stockpiled many months/years before something like this happened. Trump doesn't get credit for dropping the ball on the stockpiles any more than anyone else.
[+]
By Voren 2020-04-09 00:39:26
Link | Citer | R

Umm, the President doesn't control the budget. There's no telling what would have happened if he had tried to use the DPA a month or two before even declaring a national emergency to force it to happen. Congress probably would have thrown a fit. It's a coulda-woulda-shoulda situation, and nobody had a clear prediction of how many we actually would have needed in January, so it would have been a huge gamble.

Sorry, but these are the kinds of things that need to be worked out and stockpiled many months/years before something like this happened. Trump doesn't get credit for dropping the ball on the stockpiles any more than anyone else.

In 2005 Bush was aware that there was a need to prepare for a pandemic, he failed to do so.

Obama failed to prepare as well even after H1N1 hit and he was aware the nation was underprepared.

Only thing I give Trump fault on is downplaying the severity as much as he did. I wasn't looking for doom and gloom, but a realistic approach of preparedness would have been good.

After this is over and done with I'm doubtful Trump will look ahead to stocking up for the next wave. I don't believe any president will no matter their party. We all, the entire nation, are nothing if not reactionary. Save for the few preppers, no one actually prepares for anything.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-04-14 09:30:37
Link | Citer | R

kireek said: »
As is often the case with people on the left, they either lack the ability to argue on a fair footing or the things they believe in are indefensible. As such, they often turn to authority figures to silence their opponents instead. So they desperately try to make them break any rules (or imply they did) or coax them into doing so. Either from desperately trying to make them angry to flame or breaking any other rules they know moderators have issues with. They either them report them, or hope people who agree with them will do it for them.

Which imo, is desperate and pretty pathetic.

So what I'm really saying is, SAD!

You're wrong. You posted misleading information, and when called out on it, you called him desperate. You were and are the aggressor.

Fact is, according to CDC the 2017-2018 flu saw 61,000 deaths out of 45,000,000 infected. That is a 0.14% mortality rate. The current toll for the coronavirus stands at 120,914 deaths out of 1,935,646 infected...a 6.25% mortality rate. While the number shows it is less likely to get this virus, due in part to social distancing and stay-at-home orders, if you were to contract the virus it is nearly 45 times more likely that you will die.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 53 54 55