Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 95 96 97 ... 129 130 131
By Jetackuu 2020-04-20 20:18:21
Link | Citer | R

Freehugs said: »
Not even 30 minutes after Rooks is gone and ya'll start with the pedo stuff again. Yikes.

Rooks was here?
By Prong 2020-04-20 20:18:27
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Jetackuu said: »
As on-topic, how are those arrest trials handling for the people that got arrested for "violating stay at home orders?" I'm curious, as last I checked the constitution doesn't allow for martial law for a pandemic.

From what I have seen, and this vanished pretty quick, fines were being handed out, but that was weeks ago. As far as any arrests that have happened in the last few days at those protests, no idea, haven't specifically seen any reports that people were arrested for breaking the shelter in place rules.

Just last week a small church held "stay in your car" services, because the church was too small/poor to have a website to stream their services on, and cops showed up, knocked on everyone's car window, took down their info and gave each of them $500 fines.

Now, I'm not defending religious ceremonies being that I think religion in general is silly at best, destructive at worst, but this same town was allowing drive-thru pickup services to continue through other local businesses. I mean, stay in your car and sit in a parking lot together....eh, not really something they should be cracking down on with fines. There needs to be a ruling on a national level on this so each town/city/state doesn't just come up with their own.

Like the Michigan governor who initially said you could not have gatherings of 2 or more in YOUR OWN HOME. Um, what if you have kids? You gotta split the fam up and send a few to the local motel? Made zero sense.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2020-04-20 20:20:18
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure each of those fines were outright unconstitutional, 1st amendment and all that.
By Jetackuu 2020-04-20 20:21:42
Link | Citer | R

Not even 30 minutes after Rooks is gone and ya'll start with the pedo stuff again. Yikes.

Rooks was here?
How do you not see where he posted on the last page? Do you have him blocked? D: WHY?

I haven't read every page, no, because I was having a conversation and not being rude, why not?
[+]
By Prong 2020-04-20 20:24:09
Link | Citer | R

A) I don't sit and read this forum minute by minute as it seems some do.

B) I don't know who Rooks is.

C) How can you let someone imply that 50% of a group of sick perverts is an acceptable number?

Now if THEY respond, you can whine. Now you guys go back to arguing amongst yourselves about people wearing face masks and viruses and other ***you have no control over yet, still argue about.
By Prong 2020-04-20 20:26:10
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure each of those fines were outright unconstitutional, 1st amendment and all that.

Yeah, Justice Dept already made a similar statement. But, it's happening and some people seem to be in "it's happening" denial.
Administrator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2020-04-20 20:27:01
Link | Citer | R

Wait what
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-04-20 20:29:32
Link | Citer | R

I was under the impression that the terrible pedo talk is what brought Rooks here in the first place but uh, guess not?

Post deleted by User.
By Prong 2020-04-20 20:30:25
Link | Citer | R

Prong said: »

A) I don't sit and read this forum minute by minute as it seems some do.

C) How can you let someone imply that 50% of a group of sick perverts is an acceptable number?

Now if THEY respond, you can whine. Now you guys go back to arguing amongst yourselves about people wearing face masks and viruses and other ***you have no control over yet, still argue about.
This thread is about Covid. Not pedophilia. If you want to discuss if its right/wrong/sexy what the frick ever then take it to PMs. Rooks is the Admin of the site.

You act like I started the convo about that topic. I was responding to the literal definition of a violent act. Go back and read my posts, don't imply something that isn't true, you little turd.
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-04-20 20:35:31
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
I was under the impression that the terrible pedo talk is what brought Rooks here in the first place but uh, guess not?
Same. lol

Nope! But you have my attention now, for sure

Hi, I'm Rooks. I'm less "admin" and more "occasional janitor".

you little turd.

And until just now, I didn't know who you were either, but you can bet I'm about to find out.

How do you not see where he posted on the last page? Do you have him blocked? D: WHY?

It's not possible to block me.
[+]
By Aquatiq 2020-04-20 20:43:37
Link | Citer | R

watching this thread like
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-20 21:22:22
Link | Citer | R

Jet: California Sheriff busts guys for breaking shelter in place

I know California, NY, and Michigan had set up 1k fines for breaking the social distancing rules. What I don't know is what legal basis they were using to establish these fines. While I have zero sympathy for a bunch of guys getting popped for driving 50 miles for booze during a shelter in place order, I'm sure they can contest the fines.
By Jetackuu 2020-04-20 21:41:17
Link | Citer | R

Oh I'm in the total opinion that they're complete morons, and I think more businesses should have been shuttered (like seriously, why is home depot, lowes, starbucks drivethrough, walmart garden center, etc all open? That being said, I don't agree with them trying to enforce any sort of "order" on the matter.

As businesses (especially restaurants, bars and the like) require licenses to operate in the first place, I see nothing wrong with shuttering them. I do see something wrong with arresting, fining regular people, but hey, aren't corporations people now or something?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-21 11:09:12
Link | Citer | R

I'm really curious what happens when

A state opens, tells people to go back to work but people aren't convinced it's safe yet.

So all those people get fired? They get to file covid protected unemployment? Does supreme leader take away the unemployment funding because the state is open now? Then take "no responsibility" for all the infections?

It's about to become very telling.
By Viciouss 2020-04-21 11:14:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

A state opens, tells people to go back to work but people aren't convinced it's safe yet.

So all those people get fired? They get to file covid protected unemployment? Does supreme leader take away the unemployment funding because the state is open now? Then take "no responsibility" for all the infections?

My company has already announced a 1 month grace period for covid fears after reopening. Which I talked to them the other day and they are still saying mid May at the earliest but expect June.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-21 11:17:18
Link | Citer | R

And that's a great response for one company.

That's also 2 months from now, I'm thinking more inline with the people this week. And with less "understanding" management.
By Viciouss 2020-04-21 11:31:44
Link | Citer | R

I think the biggest question mark right now is which companies that are actually closed will pull the trigger on reopening prematurely. The governors can be as delusional as they want, but private companies cannot be compelled to reopen, especially when its not safe to do so. The nonessential retail stores like say, Macy's, JCP, Sears, I seriously doubt they are going to reopen soon. Who is gonna shop there right now?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-21 11:48:26
Link | Citer | R

Whoever opens first gets ALL the business. The first Macy's to open has a "rona sale" they get people from everywhere to come spend money at their business.

And make no mistake. "People" WILL go. ...Imagine black friday... but with more death.
[+]
 Sylph.Jada
Serveur: Sylph
user: Threats5
By Sylph.Jada 2020-04-21 12:10:36
Link | Citer | R

1st time posting in years and I thought I would share.

This current situation we are all facing is horrible. I hope everyone is well and staying healthy. I am working from home so I am thankful that I have a job. I was studying to be an L&D Nurse but because of this issue and I am just in the beginning, it was placed on hold (not by choice).

How this seriously has effected me mainly is not being able to see my sister before she passed away from cancer/COVID. She was only 35 and battling cancer for a while. As COVID hit, she hit stage 4 and going through surgery and intense chemo.

She had high spirits through it all and had a burst of energy the day before passing. She passed on on Thursday, April 9th. When they notified us, they said she had been infected with COVID but they are not sure what ended her life.

During this, I was only able to visit her a few times last year. With me being 3k miles away and having a family of my own, well... life stuff. As she was declining at the end of March, I booked a ticket to go see her in a week but I ended up receiving my money back because of flying restrictions.

I was unable to see my sister before she passed.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-21 12:14:49
Link | Citer | R

Sorry to hear that.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Leosin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2020-04-21 12:17:53
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jada said: »
1st time posting in years and I thought I would share.

This current situation we are all facing is horrible. I hope everyone is well and staying healthy. I am working from home so I am thankful that I have a job. I was studying to be an L&D Nurse but because of this issue and I am just in the beginning, it was placed on hold (not by choice).

How this seriously has effected me mainly is not being able to see my sister before she passed away from cancer/COVID. She was only 35 and battling cancer for a while. As COVID hit, she hit stage 4 and going through surgery and intense chemo.

She had high spirits through it all and had a burst of energy the day before passing. She passed on on Thursday, April 9th. When they notified us, they said she had been infected with COVID but they are not sure what ended her life.

During this, I was only able to visit her a few times last year. With me being 3k miles away and having a family of my own, well... life stuff. As she was declining at the end of March, I booked a ticket to go see her in a week but I ended up receiving my money back because of flying restrictions.

I was unable to see my sister before she passed.

My condolences to you and your family.
[+]
 Cerberus.Immortalmoon
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Immortalmoon 2020-04-21 15:02:33
Link | Citer | R

I work in factory that makes aerosol products for disinfecting spray, hygiene products. So that makes me essential to go to work which I have been all this time 7 days aweek. Honestly I think it means I expandable just like pawn in chess. No increase in wages no bonus even though company still making money just more work due to running on skeleton crew. I am no hero I am just a statistic an replaceable.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-04-21 15:37:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

If a person's place of employment reopens and an employee is called back but does not report for any reason, that employee is no longer eligible for unemployment.

Unemployment is payed out by the state and those particular coffers are filled through a tax on employers. The state saves money and the business in the state pay less taxes.

Everyone comes out ahead save for ~2% of the population who will die.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-21 19:49:15
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Nurses read names of colleagues who died of COVID-19 in protest outside White House

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/04/21/us-nurses-who-died-coronavirus-honored-white-house-protest/2996839001/
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 95 96 97 ... 129 130 131