Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 90 91 92 ... 129 130 131
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-20 03:37:59
Link | Citer | R

kireek said: »
Oh and btw, now over 50% of all cases and deaths of the entire united states are in New york and New jersey alone (both incompetently run Democrat states).

New York population 20 million
New Jersey population 9 million

These two states account for over 50% of all cases, with a combined total population of 30 million. In a country with over 329 million. Really joggins the noggin huh?

Also there was a big spike in deaths a few days ago, because New York suddenly decided to add on people who have not tested positive but they think might have died from it (all at once, in a big nice number). To get the boost in numbers they wanted, for the newspapers who don't report all the facts about why that big jump in numbers occured.

Yes, major cities that are the central hub of global transport, new york being the central place of the world economy, got hit first. That has nothing to do with the new york governor directly being incompetent, thats just logically where youd see the first hit and one of the heaviest hit.

You can make the argument the governor is incompetent because we knew about this since late jan at the latest, and should have been prepping long before it hit us.... but thats a failure on the government as a whole, ESPECIALLY the president, given it is primarily his duty to enact ***to handle this. This is incompetence all around, but at least the new york governor actually started to do ***. Trump still has denied necessary medical aid, supplying less than the bare minimum while saying what a good job he did, as he downplayed the entire thing.
 Asura.Veikur
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Veikur 2020-04-20 03:45:52
Link | Citer | R

"What happens if enough people aren't willing to risk their lives to spend money they don't have on non essential services?"

"The vast majority of people on the planet will definitely risk their lives for stupid ***. Nothing to even consider"

Good, thought provoking conversation, Kireek.
By Draylo 2020-04-20 03:56:47
Link | Citer | R

People don't see the effects of this virus upfront. The more we continue this shutdown, the more protests you're gonna see. People are already getting fed up with it as they sit in their houses not making money and being miserable. I mean, at this point all they are seeing is numbers of x deaths with no faces to put it to. Someone even asked earlier in the thread who they know was affected by this, and I'm sure its because they had a doubt. I personally know people who think its a conspiracy lol.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Serveur: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-20 04:10:06
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
People don't see the effects of this virus upfront. The more we continue this shutdown, the more protests you're gonna see. People are already getting fed up with it as they sit in their houses not making money and being miserable. I mean, at this point all they are seeing is numbers of x deaths with no faces to put it to. Someone even asked earlier in the thread who they know was affected by this, and I'm sure its because they had a doubt. I personally know people who think its a conspiracy lol.

I mean, its similar with Y2K. It was overblown and ***wasnt going to explode, but there was a major code flaw that would have caused critical systems to fail. Y2K hit, and nothing happened. All one big, overblown conspiracy.

Except the reality is engineers fixed the coding errors that would have caused important systems to fail (by kicking the problem down the road, mostly). Y2K was a real thing that was overblown, but it was resolved before it became a problem, because it was identified as such.

People only see this virus as a conspiracy because they are currently not seeing the effects of it because actions and measures are being taken to mitigate its affect. And thats how this will always go down.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-04-20 04:15:44
Link | Citer | R

They'll see when we get a 1918 Philadelphia all over again, I suppose.
By abknight 2020-04-20 05:05:07
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Also, what the *** do you think a society is? The entire point of a society and the reason humans thrive is because people do ***for each other. Youre acting like somehow supporting others is a flaw, when its the literal only reason humans exist.

Society does not exist, in any form, to provide for non-producers. Societies from all points in time have shunned and cast out the weak who do not contribute. Only modern western liberalized society has agreed to support these people and allow them to live, and the experiment has failed and caused the debt crisis we now have.

Also, the longer this goes on, the higher your savings go up in value. Your investments deteriorate in value the longer this goes on.

Under normal circumstances with an open economy, the reverse is true; your savings deteriorate in value, while your investments increase in value...

...right now, the price of goods is going to likely go down, meaning your immediate buying power is going to go up. Your savings, right now, are just going to be worth more. Especially in short term personal value, as it will allow you security for longer.

Where as investments arent returning a positive income for most investments, as most places are shut down.

Again, you have no idea how money works. This is basic investing.

I'm not going to beat you up anymore because I believe you lack the capacity to understand why what you're saying is incorrect, but I will give explaining it one more shot:

Supply and demand are inversely related. With small businesses shut down and supply chains struggling, there is less supply of goods. When supply is low, price increases, and you have to spend more for goods. When the fed prints more dollars and hands them out, inflation occurs and the value of each dollar is worth less. People who just received what they think is "free money" now compete with each other to buy the same goods that are in short supply, driving the prices up further. Your savings are worth less due to inflation, and savings accounts are earning nearly 0% interest.

No one here has been talking about investments; the conversation is about getting people back to work to pay their rent, utilities, and grocery bills. Your assessment of "investments" is also nonsense. Companies that you can invest in have almost all been operating, not shut down. If you're invested in real estate then your tenants still owe you rent. If you're invested in precious metals then you're sitting pretty. The concept of "investments" is far too broad to make the idiotic claims you're making.

So, you literally agreed with what i said. Again, its an agreement between the consumer and the government. This is a dollar, this is the value placed on the dollar. The consumer then agrees with transactions.

And printing more money doesnt inherently change the value of said money. You can create a temporary currency to later buy back, or even just putting out more money in the stalled economy wouldnt spike inflation because the economy is, in general, paused and only essential goods can for the most part be easily purchased.

Its not nearly as simple as youre attempting to make it out to be.

I need to be clear that I do not agree with anything you're saying. Cost of goods is absolutely not based on an "agreement between consumer and government." The government does not set the price of good. The government can only reduce the value of currency by printing more. Consumer demand determines the value of a dollar vs goods, and money markets determine the value of the dollar vs other currencies. Printing more money DOES affect the value of existing money. This is the principle of inflation. No one is creating temporary fake currency to later buy back, and that doesn't even make sense. The economy isn't "frozen" like you seem to think... The wealthy are still benefiting from this. It's people like your poor parents who still support you and need to get back to work that are getting hurt. you've completely lost the plot.

Out of sheer curiosity, how old are you and what's your background and education in? Idc if you did or did not go to college or any of that, but what do you do or specialize in? What are you trained to do? Everything you've been saying has been the opposite of the truth. It's mind-boggling.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By abknight 2020-04-20 05:19:51
Link | Citer | R

I wonder what percentage of this forum is wannabe communist NEETS at this point
By Draylo 2020-04-20 06:23:57
Link | Citer | R

Here the gov had to comment on it because people are still thinking it or protesting. Obviously it isn't something only a small amount of people are thinking.

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Pantafernando 2020-04-20 06:55:29
Link | Citer | R

The more we continue this shutdown, the more protests you're gonna see.

Are the protests started to happen in your country? How many people?

This weekend we seems to have the first protest here against lockdown measures. Unfortunelly the president joined this, and Then everything just became a political act. Not that stay home/go out sides arent already more political discussion than a proper discussion about measures and efficiency/consequences.

Quote:
People are already getting fed up with it as they sit in their houses not making money and being miserable.

Yes. I do participate on videocon with my coworkers, and its starting to become evident the discontentment on their speeches. At started everyone treated lockdown as a short time to “self discover”, netflix sessions, playing video games, etc. now we are going over a month of this, with the most terrified people simply staying on home like 100% of the time. No signs on how longer this will keep going, what just increase the despair, and that from people that have no issues with money, we have been getting our payments normally.

I read news in germany, for example, where they are already planning relieving lockdown measures. This is already planning to relieve their lockdown measure early may. This is amusing to say the least. There is nothing that demonstrate germany is reducing they death rates by covid. If anything, they are entering the stagnation point but even that is unclear. Not just germany, France too. This is just them finally recognizing how extreme are the lockdown measures, and that is better to try at least keeping the life as much normal as possible while maintaining all reasonable protection.

Europe and america arent like China, where government can just order people to shut the *** up and they comply. Imo it already took long enough to understand total and indiscriminate lockdown is just a messed measure brought by “cientist” that think human being are just a pile of meat

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-20 08:01:22
Link | Citer | R

Doesnt even have to be "our money", the government has unlimited funds and can both create money out of thin air, or tomorrow say "your money is now worthless, we are using this instead"
And it's comments like this that is what is wrong with America today.

If you think that money comes out of thin air, then Zimbabwe has a word with you.

Also 1920-1930s Germany.

Also Venezuela. Actually, I think you might like it there, the tone of your posts show.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-04-20 09:35:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Veikur said: »
Please explain the positive benefits of spreading a particularly infectious lethal virus.
The GOP says people must die so the economy can recover. I don't understand why they want their most fervent supporters to be the sacrificial lambs, but if they think it is a positive thing I will agree with them.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-04-20 09:43:02
Link | Citer | R

.01% of the country own 99% of the wealth in the country... of course they pay the most in taxes. Thats literally the only way the tax system could possibly work....
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-20 09:58:43
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Please explain the positive benefits of spreading a particularly infectious lethal virus.
The GOP says people must die so the economy can recover. I don't understand why they want their most fervent supporters to be the sacrificial lambs, but if they think it is a positive thing I will agree with them.
No, the DNC is saying that the GOP is saying that. Why are you conflating the two?

If you want to be a sacrificial lamb, then vote D.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-20 09:59:43
Link | Citer | R

.01% of the country own 99% of the wealth in the country... of course they pay the most in taxes. Thats literally the only way the tax system could possibly work....
When the top 1% pays about 40% in taxes, what he said isn't false.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2020-04-20 10:18:13
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
The more we continue this shutdown, the more protests you're gonna see.

Are the protests started to happen in your country? How many people?

This weekend we seems to have the first protest here against lockdown measures. Unfortunelly the president joined this, and Then everything just became a political act. Not that stay home/go out sides arent already more political discussion than a proper discussion about measures and efficiency/consequences.

Quote:
People are already getting fed up with it as they sit in their houses not making money and being miserable.

Yes. I do participate on videocon with my coworkers, and its starting to become evident the discontentment on their speeches. At started everyone treated lockdown as a short time to “self discover”, netflix sessions, playing video games, etc. now we are going over a month of this, with the most terrified people simply staying on home like 100% of the time. No signs on how longer this will keep going, what just increase the despair, and that from people that have no issues with money, we have been getting our payments normally.

I read news in germany, for example, where they are already planning relieving lockdown measures. This is already planning to relieve their lockdown measure early may. This is amusing to say the least. There is nothing that demonstrate germany is reducing they death rates by covid. If anything, they are entering the stagnation point but even that is unclear. Not just germany, France too. This is just them finally recognizing how extreme are the lockdown measures, and that is better to try at least keeping the life as much normal as possible while maintaining all reasonable protection.

Europe and america arent like China, where government can just order people to shut the *** up and they comply. Imo it already took long enough to understand total and indiscriminate lockdown is just a messed measure brought by “cientist” that think human being are just a pile of meat
People complain like they always do but I haven't seen or heard of any proper protest here.
They enjoy clapping their hands at 20:00 every *** day more than going to work, that's for sure.

I don't get the issue with staying home, though. I find people who are unable to simply stay home and fill their time to be pretty malfunctioning people. This phase only serves to out them.
And the fun part is that they usually happen to be the typical matrixed, garbage coworker person.
By Draylo 2020-04-20 10:23:44
Link | Citer | R

It has nothing to do with having to stay home, most people on this site are shut ins anyway and there are lot of introverts in the world. The issue comes when those people are laid off work, or are self employed and their business is in ruins because nobody is allowed outside. How is that hard to see? A measly 1,200 check isn't going to fix that when that doesn't even cover most peoples rent in big cities.
By abknight 2020-04-20 10:29:10
Link | Citer | R

It’s a matter of choice and free will. If they reopen things then you have the choice to go out and do as you please, knowing the risks. If you want to stay quarantined then you can. Reopening has no negative effect on anyone who wants to stay quarantined. You’ve bought into a fear monger narrative pushed by people who seek to gain either financially or politically.

The temporary shutdown only existed to give hospitals time to increase capacity. Remaining shut down until a vaccine is found is not an option and would cause immeasurably more damage than the worst case scenario from everyone getting coronavirus. Everyone who goes back to work will eventually be exposed to it, and a very small percentage of those people will die. Responsible people don’t avoid going to work indefinitely to avoid the chance of dying in a car crash on their daily commute. Responsible people don’t live in total isolation to avoid the viruses that already exist.

I see the msnbc fear monger headlines every day about the “death toll” so I know how you’ve been tricked into believing it’s really scary, but you people need to grow up and use more common sense than that. They make money off of freaking you out into clicking on their headlines, and their stories are designed to push a narrative written by one political party. It’s not unusual to be cautious of something new and unknown, but come on.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-20 10:29:18
Link | Citer | R

Much like everything else in the world there is a stark contrast in situations.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-04-20 10:34:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
.01 =/= 1. What he said is false.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-04-20 10:48:54
Link | Citer | R

Well it is a bit distasteful to flaunt your riches, especially during an epidemic. Ellen is so bored, gosh golly, poor Ellen with her mansion being bored while people are jobless.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-20 10:52:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
.01 =/= 1. What he said is false.
I would correct you, unfortunately there are no reports or studies that would show the % of taxes paid by the .01%.

However, it's safe to say that it's greater than 10% but less than 40%.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-20 11:31:42
Link | Citer | R

That's a lot of stupid in one place.

Next weeks headline: "spike positives in PA, wonder what caused it"
By Viciouss 2020-04-20 11:34:35
Link | Citer | R

Those protesters are accomplishing nothing, until the federal government gets off its *** and takes the testing problem seriously, no one can reopen.
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-04-20 11:44:54
Link | Citer | R

kireek said: »
I'll never understand this hatred of the rich hollywood film stars and the like, them having more than you or less than you makes no difference in your life. Don't be jelly.
By abknight 2020-04-20 12:05:03
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Those protesters are accomplishing nothing, until the federal government gets off its *** and takes the testing problem seriously, no one can reopen.

Testing is worthless unless they’re going barcode everyone and only let people with antibodies out in public. The entire testing push was a scam to make money for the few companies that manufacture test kits. What exactly do you think the “testing problem” is?
First Page 2 3 ... 90 91 92 ... 129 130 131