Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 87 88 89 ... 129 130 131
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 14:10:45
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Im telling you what to do right now. Stay the *** at home and shut up.

And i'm telling you to *** all the way off and I'll be going out here again shortly

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-19 14:12:55
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
Consumerism isn't synonymous with capitalism.

Yes... they are. You only thrive to build capital to buy stuff. (or... to buy people)
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Serveur: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-19 14:12:57
Link | Citer | R

Eboneezer said: »
And i'm telling you to *** all the way off and I'll be going out here again shortly

Then youre a *** idiot. You talk all this talk about "MUH RIGHTS!!!!111!!!" but dont want to take even the smallest bit of responsibility for them. You are useless to society, and deserve no rights until you learn how to actually take responsibility for them.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-19 14:15:09
Link | Citer | R

He doesn't even know what his rights are, other than I can do what I want when I want cause 'Murica.
[+]
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 14:15:39
Link | Citer | R

Then youre a *** idiot. You talk all this talk about "MUH RIGHTS!!!!111!!!" but dont want to take even the smallest bit of responsibility for them. You are useless to society, and deserve no rights until you learn how to actually take responsibility for them.

Well then I hope I don't have to respond to your call for help and stabilize you on your way to the ER...which is a ghost town around here.
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 14:17:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
He doesn't even know what his rights are, other than I can do what I want when I want cause 'Murica.

Just like you don't know that your fear doesn't trump the rights of others
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-19 14:18:18
Link | Citer | R

Well then I hope I don't have to respond to your call for help and stabilize you on your way to the ER...which is a ghost town around here.

Of course ERs are ghost towns atm, because the ER generally isnt used for emergencies in the US, theyre used as first treatment because medical care in the US is *** *** 15 ways to sunday. Now that there is a serious virus and people understand the hospital is a great place to catch said virus, its forced to actually be used as an emergency care center for actual emergencies.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-04-19 14:19:00
Link | Citer | R

Hey man, God, specifically himself, gave everyone born in the United States (as long as one of their parents is a United States Citizens) constitutional rights.

...One of which lets people worship gods other than himself and supposedly cuts himself out of the equation in regard to laws.
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 14:19:20
Link | Citer | R

Lol, you are a fool.
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 14:21:23
Link | Citer | R

You are useless to society, and deserve no rights

I'm useless to society. What, pray tell, do you offer?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-19 14:21:49
Link | Citer | R

lol, it actually does. See you don't know your own rights. Public health supersedes your individual rights.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-19 14:21:59
Link | Citer | R

Again, your rights carry responsibility. You have freedom of speech, with the responsibility to not use it to threaten others. You have the right to bare arms, with the responsibility of being called to action to defend your community and mobilize a militia.

Tell me; how is ANYONE supposed to trust you to defend your community with a weapon, when you wont even defend said community by sitting on the couch, eating doritos all day and watching netflix for two weeks?

Also, your rights all end when they impact someone else. Your right to go outside ends when you doing so impacts someone else's right to life, which is a higher right.

Also, all these protesters are going to get a rude wake up call when they learn the right to peacefully assemble does not allow them to block emergency personnel from doing their job.
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 14:24:24
Link | Citer | R

Also, all these protesters are going to get a rude wake up call when they learn the right to peacefully assemble does not allow them to block emergency personnel from doing their job.

How can we do our jobs when you think we should be sitting on the couch eating doritos?

lol, it actually does. See you don't know your own rights.

no, it doesn't
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-19 14:26:34
Link | Citer | R

How can we do our jobs when you think we should be sitting on the couch eating doritos?

lol, it actually does. See you don't know your own rights.

no, it doesn't

If you are emergency personnel, you should actually have the 3 brain cells required to know you are essential and you going out to serve that specific function is fine.

You should also have the 3 brain cells to realize everyone else exercising their "frehdums" would directly harm others, and lead to widespread infections.

Oh, and also, yes, it does. Your individual rights end where others begin.
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 14:26:43
Link | Citer | R

If you're scared of people being able to carry a handgun around, my right to do it doesn't stop because of your fear
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-19 14:27:46
Link | Citer | R

If you're scared of people being able to carry a handgun around, my right to do it doesn't stop because of your fear

It actually does. Again, your right to bare arms can be revoked. You clearly dont know anything about constitutional law.
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 14:28:42
Link | Citer | R

If you are emergency personnel, you should actually have the 3 brain cells required to know you are essential and you going out to serve that specific function is fine.

I'm not the one that jumped to conclusions.

You should also have the 3 brain cells to realize everyone else exercising their "frehdums" would directly harm others, and lead to widespread infections.

I'm also smart enough to know what happens when people don't exercise their freedoms. I'm also smart enough to at least question that the end result of doing something may be worse in the long run.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-04-19 14:29:50
Link | Citer | R

If you pull it out and start threatening people with it, without having a good enough reason, your right to carry it can be revoked.

Which is a more appropriate equivalent to carrying a particularly infectious lethal virus.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-19 14:31:42
Link | Citer | R

I'm not the one that jumped to conclusions.

I'm also smart enough to know what happens when people don't exercise their freedoms. I'm also smart enough to at least question that the end result of doing something may be worse in the long run.

Again, freedom carries responsibility. Not excising your freedom isnt a problem, the problem is being ignorant of the responsibilities inherent in said freedom, as the freedoms are not absolute and mean nothing on their own.

Also, there is literally no reason to question the lockdown. We have multiple cases in history to back up as evidence as to what we should do, as every single pandemic we failed to lock down properly and you see a pattern of waves of outbreaks and skyrocketing death tolls. There is nothing to question.
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 14:32:34
Link | Citer | R

It actually does. Again, your right to bare arms can be revoked. You clearly dont know anything about constitutional law.

If I'm a felon, violent misdemeanor offender, dishonorable discharge from the military (i wasn't), adjudicated as mentally defective, been involuntarily admitted into a mental institution. Or if going onto private property and they don't want me carry there.

That about the gist of what you're saying?
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 14:33:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Veikur said: »
If you pull it out and start threatening people with it, without having a good enough reason, your right to carry it can be revoked.

Carrying and presenting a firearm onto someone are completely different.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-04-19 14:34:36
Link | Citer | R

Carrying a properly handled/stored firearm and carrying a constantly present virus, that you have virtually no control over the spread of, are completely different.
[+]
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 14:35:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Veikur said: »
Carrying a properly handled/stored firearm and carrying a constantly present virus are completely different.
What are you even talking about anyway? The argument was that my rights don't go away because someone is afraid.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-19 14:37:32
Link | Citer | R

Risk to the public is the EXACT point they do go away.
[+]
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-04-19 14:38:04
Link | Citer | R

The argument was based on a false equivalence.

The virus is a clear, present threat. Legally carrying a firearm, in of itself, is not a clear, present threat as much as many people would say it is.
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 14:39:59
Link | Citer | R

Then why haven't all the things that Kireek listed gone away? There are tons of stuff that are risks to the public that don't involve peoples' rights going away.

Kireek listed privileges and those aren't even messed with. And you think my rights will because you're scared?
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-19 14:42:40
Link | Citer | R

If I'm a felon, violent misdemeanor offender, dishonorable discharge from the military (i wasn't), adjudicated as mentally defective, been involuntarily admitted into a mental institution. Or if going onto private property and they don't want me carry there.

That about the gist of what you're saying?

And all of those are because it is viewed as a large risk to the general population and a lack of respect for the responsibility inherent in the right.

You could argue the particulars; i personally think being a convicted felon who has completely done his time should not be punished anymore than has already been so, unless something about their individual case merits it in a likelyhood they will offend again or potentially use said right irresponsibly.

But the fact remains; your rights are not always active, and can be revoked by society if necessary. This is one of those cases where your responsibility is to stay home unless you are absolutely essential. The responsibility to act (or in this case, not act if you view staying home as inaction) overwrites your personal desire to go out.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-19 14:42:45
Link | Citer | R

You're allowed to drink but not to endanger people by being in public.
You're allowed to smoke, in designated areas, but not near people who don't choose to join you in those areas.
You're allowed to be fat, you can't catch secondhand fat. (and it can be child endangerment if you try to make your child fat)
You're allowed to be stupid, in your own house. as soon as you endanger the public you're done.
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 14:44:47
Link | Citer | R

You're allowed to drink but not to endanger people by being in public.

Being in public isn't endangering anyone, drunk or not.
First Page 2 3 ... 87 88 89 ... 129 130 131