Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 129 130 131
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-19 13:30:01
Link | Citer | R

No actually you don't. You have an unlimited supply of water in your home and you can get by without food for two weeks assuming you had absolutely nothing in your house.

Uncomfortable, sure, better than death. Better than 3 months of "soft lock down"
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2020-04-19 13:40:29
Link | Citer | R

I'd imagine health insurance companies will want to increase your premium if you/everyone decided to go about their business. The risk of needing treatment rises so you should just be charged more, or charged a premium for covid treatment if you've ignored public health advice but that's not up to government unless you have a public health system.

People should just be left to it at this point. Everyone knows about it, it's up to them how seriously they want to take it. Leave
them to it and let nature take its course. Leave it up to faith, it's been working for thousands of years, even the people staying in are doing it on faith. If you want to stay in, stay in. Have a cup of tea and wait for all of this to blow over.

[+]
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 13:41:01
Link | Citer | R

You're being extremely unrealistic.

What if you're hypoglycemic or diabetic? What if your wife isn't producing milk and you have a newborn? What if you're a transplant recipient and need access to your medication? What if you're having the symptoms of a stroke? What if my house catches on fire? What if a tornado comes through?

It is unrealistic to think everyone can stay inside for two weeks. I'm not even going to get into bills/money/businesses/rent/etc...
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-04-19 13:41:20
Link | Citer | R

Eboneezer said: »
Tell me your realistic idea of this shutdown. How long? How much spending to allow it? When do you allow it to end?

Do you believe this virus will go away with these measures? What's stopping it from coming right back at that point?
Depends on how long it takes for people to stop being *** idiots.

Go away? Nope. Reign it into manageable levels, with standardized methods for treatment like most other illness people go into work with? Possibly.

Nothing, actually. For all anyone knows, we could get it to near gone, reopen, and it could come back even worse.

It's a shitty situation. I'm just choosing human lives over the economy.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-19 13:42:28
Link | Citer | R

You're being extremely unrealistic.

What if you're hypoglycemic or diabetic? What if your wife isn't producing milk and you have a newborn? What if you're a transplant recipient and need access to your medication? What if you're having the symptoms of a stroke? What if my house catches on fire? What if a tornado comes through?

It is unrealistic to think everyone can stay inside for two weeks. I'm not even going to get into bills/money/businesses/rent/etc...

Some people gonna die. Guess what, some people died anyway. Some people always gonna die. Sucks. That's life.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 13:44:00
Link | Citer | R

What if i have the virus and the 14 days starts. My son starts showing symptoms a few days later. My wife a few after that. 14 days? That would wipe it out? You sure?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-19 13:44:54
Link | Citer | R

Plague party it up on day 1 everyone is clear on 15.
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 13:45:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Some people gonna die. Guess what, some people died anyway. Some people always gonna die. Sucks. That's life.

But because you're scared, you get to decide that they get to die?
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 13:46:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Veikur said: »
I'm just choosing human lives over the economy.

And I get that. I just believe that the economy collapsing will cause way more death than this virus.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-19 13:46:35
Link | Citer | R

No deciding, would've died anyway.

I'm just choosing human lives over the economy.

And I get that. I just believe that the economy collapsing will cause way more death than this virus.
lolnope

Well, to be clear if trump starts civil war over it, but that doesn't count.

Post deleted by User.
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 13:50:42
Link | Citer | R

No deciding, would've died anyway.

What do you mean? Unless you're talking about the fact that we will all die one day.

If someone relies on medicine, or formula, or whatever...you don't get to tell them that they have to just die so that you can feel safe.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-19 13:51:13
Link | Citer | R

No feelings involved. Or getting over emotional.

Literal timebombs walking around outside because 'Murica only hurts yourselves.
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 13:52:02
Link | Citer | R

lolnope

you're saying the economy collapsing wouldn't cause more death than this virus?
By Viciouss 2020-04-19 13:52:07
Link | Citer | R

Tell me your realistic idea of this shutdown. How long? How much spending to allow it? When do you allow it to end?

Do you believe this virus will go away with these measures? What's stopping it from coming right back at that point?
Depends on how long it takes for people to stop being *** idiots.

Go away? Nope. Reign it into manageable levels, with standardized methods for treatment like most other illness people go into work with? Possibly.

Nothing, actually. For all anyone knows, we could get it to near gone, reopen, and it could come back even worse.

It's a shitty situation. I'm just choosing human lives over the economy.

The shutdown is working. Social distancing has severely mitigated the spread and the deaths. We are still at 40k deaths, which is a huge number, and should be lower if the government hadn't of let all of February go by without doing anything. But its scary to think what that number could be at if March went by without doing anything.

Whats not working is the testing program. We can't go back to work without knowing for sure that we aren't carriers. And at the rate our testing capabilities are crawling upwards, its still months away from fully opening.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-19 13:54:31
Link | Citer | R

lolnope

you're saying the economy collapsing wouldn't cause more death than this virus?

Our capitalist "economy" should be allowed to collapse. Our economy "working" kills as many people as it would if it "collapsed".

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 13:56:39
Link | Citer | R

Our capitalist "economy" should be allowed to collapse. Our economy "working" kills as many people as it would if it "collapsed".

lol, now I know i'm done.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Serveur: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-19 13:59:28
Link | Citer | R

kireek said: »
Draylo said: »
They may not be the most intelligent, but can you blame people for panicking? Most can't just stay home all happily because they are losing tons of money... A lot of people. Not everyone can work from home or survive off a laughable 1,200 check. They say that should last you 10 weeks... LOL, when avg rent in NYC exceeds that by quite a bit. I just don't get how there aren't more protests from people, I'm honestly surprised its as tame as it is right now, I'm guessing people are scared of the virus.

Most people won't go protest, even if they are angry about this (until they do, and that will be a real anger moment).

Most people who are for longer lockdowns nationwide are either college people, retired grannies living on benefits, unemployed hipsters or can work from home like our resident gill seller friend posting the pictures. These people have no idea what the rest of the country is going though and don't care. It's all just a game to them, where anyone who dares to disagree with them is compared to a mass murderer. Want some respect? have your means of income taken away from you and lets see how happy you are then.

The thing that disgusts me is the authoritarian lefties is they think they can control everyone else and that is not the case, this is not a one stop fits all situation. Different places should have different treatment and who the hell are you to say otherwise? That people are having to queue up for hours at food banks to get food is of no interest to them. That peoples lives are being ruined is irrelevant, all that matters is their personal narrative. They are ok, so why would anyone else be any different?

It's not that they must have their way in their town or their state, it's that they have to have their way everywhere and everyone else is a low IQ loser. Even in a town with a few thousand people. If I want skydive, while chain smoking, drinking whisky, with a pitbull on my back, eating a doughnut I can do that, but I can't goto the shops? **** off.

These people are going to be for a major shock when election time comes around, many who disagree maybe too afraid to be vocal about it and protest their anger about this but come election time they will kick your *** to the kerb for these OTT lockdowns in places that do not need them.

There should be different treatment for different areas.

OR, maybe, just maybe, the people for longer lockdowns have more brain cells than the two you have and understand that this ***is serious, and have opened a history book more than just for history class in 2nd grade.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-19 14:00:53
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Crashes and Traffic Are Down by Half, Saving State $40 Million Per Day During Shelter-In-Place

Our "functioning economy" leads to 80 million dollars in damages daily in CA alone.

Seems like it's a good thing people aren't out rushing to work with not enough sleep to pay for a house they can't afford in a car they can't make payments on without working more.
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 14:02:56
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
understand that this ***is serious, and have opened a history book more than just for history class in 2nd grade.

They should try to do more than just opening it. They should read a few chapters in there.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-19 14:03:43
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Crashes and Traffic Are Down by Half, Saving State $40 Million Per Day During Shelter-In-Place

Our "functioning economy" leads to 80 million dollars in damages daily in CA alone.

Seems like it's a good thing people aren't out rushing to work with not enough sleep to pay for a house they can't afford in a car they can't make payments on without working more.

Or people can live within their means and not waste their money on a ton of crap they don't need. Just a crazy thought.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-19 14:03:59
Link | Citer | R

If I want skydive, while chain smoking, drinking whisky, with a pitbull on my back, eating a doughnut I can do that, but I can't goto the shops? **** off.
Those things only effect you. Your rights only exist until they infringe on the rights of others.

Going out and catching and spreading a very infectious virus we don't have a vaccine or standard treatment for, when you really don't need to, is literally endangering the life of other people.

Same reason, that despite the First Amendment existing, you can't shout fire in crowded places or bomb in an airport.

When you drive your car you instantly put every single person in other cars and on the pavement / sidewalk at risk, as well as yourself. The exact same argument can be made for banning cars, or making driving tests far more difficult to obtain. Be careful with what you agree with, as that stick may come back later to bash you with.

Regardless, the main thrust of what I was saying is a small country town / state should not be held to the same standards as NYC.

Same reason, that despite the First Amendment existing, you can't shout fire in crowded places or bomb in an airport.

btw, this is false. You can actually do that, this is based on an outdated legal case from 1909 or so that is no longer relevant. You very much can do that, "illegal speech" now is actually "directly encouraging others to commit crimes"

Lol.... no, you cannot do that. Every single amendment has restrictions on it, as every single right that you have is carried with a personal responsibility to act in a certain manner.

YouTube Video Placeholder

This is a video you should probably watch. You clearly do not understand nor comprehend rights and responsibilities.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-19 14:04:57
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Or people can live within their means and not waste their money on a ton of crap they don't need. Just a crazy thought.

That's capitalism.

It's almost like you're saying people shouldn't be stupid.

Capitalism only exists because people are stupid.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-19 14:05:31
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
If I want skydive, while chain smoking, drinking whisky, with a pitbull on my back, eating a doughnut I can do that, but I can't goto the shops? **** off.
Those things only effect you. Your rights only exist until they infringe on the rights of others.

Going out and catching and spreading a very infectious virus we don't have a vaccine or standard treatment for, when you really don't need to, is literally endangering the life of other people.

Except in the case where the government doesn't have the authority to constitutionally declare stay at home orders for a pandemic. Despite them being idiots, they have the right to be.

False, the government has the right to declare curfew and stay at home orders. The idea that it somehow doesnt makes no sense.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-19 14:06:52
Link | Citer | R

That's capitalism.

No, that's materialism. They're related but there is a difference.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-19 14:07:01
Link | Citer | R

Take personal responsibility maybe? Make your choices differently. Suck your thumb? Hide under the sheets? Walk around in a bubble for all i care. But you don't ever get to tell me how to live my life

Im telling you what to do right now. Stay the *** at home and shut up.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-19 14:08:41
Link | Citer | R

That's capitalism.

No, that's materialism. They're related but there is a difference.

Capitalism is materialistic.
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 129 130 131