Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 84 85 86 ... 129 130 131
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-19 00:58:52
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Endoq said: »
Does anyone know someone that has contracted the coronavirus?
Can't get tests, still don't know lol. I don't know anyone that has gotten tested and I know 3 nurses, and a few EMT/Firefighters.

None that were hospitalized but lots of "flu-likes"

I've seen one known player on 14 died (they did a parade in game) and one known (former?) player on 11 died.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Serveur: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-19 01:05:32
Link | Citer | R

I know a few who potentially have, and i know relatives of acquaintances who have died. The few i know who work in the health industry have gone into work a few times to another death, pretty much day in, day out.
By Draylo 2020-04-19 01:57:21
Link | Citer | R

A friend of mine, his mother passed away from it.
 Asura.Kirasara
By Asura.Kirasara 2020-04-19 02:26:28
Link | Citer | R

Apparently not very much today.... did almost $1000 in drops tonight at work. I was busy as hell...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Voren 2020-04-19 04:27:46
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
I'm sure Alex Jones is telling everyone it's a conspiracy theory already and millions of people believe him.

Funny enough, yes he is. He was in Austin, TX with a protest. He also has been told by the FDA to stop trying to sell a bogus virus cure.

He wasn't relevant, and then just like that, he still wasn't, but being talked about. It's a paradox of irrelevancy.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2020-04-19 04:31:05
Link | Citer | R

My pop's cousin's daughter's husband died from it yesterday. Apparently his nursing home got it, and it spread through the nursing home, killing most of the residents. He had only one kidney, and needed a transplant, was in a real bad way health wise. Pop didn't give me any other details.
By Draylo 2020-04-19 05:29:01
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
I have coughed for 15 days now and usually don't get a cough with flu. It's been pretty bad too. When you can't get tested, who knows?

Otherwise, I don't know anyone or even know anyone that knows anyone that has caught it and been confirmed. I'm sure Alex Jones is telling everyone it's a conspiracy theory already and millions of people believe him.

I've had a headache like every day no idea why.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-04-19 09:11:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I watched something recently on the batteries we would need with current tech. It was pretty wild.

Acid/Iron and Lithium/Ion just don't cut it, but there's promise in something around the corner.
Banks lake is the largest battery I know of.

They are thinking of expanding its energy capacity with additional pump generators.

https://pnucc.org/sites/default/files/PNUCC%20-%20Banks%20Lake%20Pumped%20Storage%20Project%20090415%20FINAL.pdf
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-19 09:12:12
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
I've had a headache like every day no idea why.

Stress, pretty likely. Hydration a typical culprit too. Typically people are always dehydrated.

You don't realize it when you're in a static state like a lockdown.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-04-19 09:13:53
Link | Citer | R

Two people I knew years ago. One died of it.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-19 10:51:08
Link | Citer | R

lol, kireek getting his lies out early today.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-04-19 11:00:02
Link | Citer | R

Those protesters are just as stupid as those Spring Breakers in Florida. This is a virus that has killed 40,000 Americans in a little over 2 months. Its not close to being over at all, nearly every state's curve is going straight up, not flattening. And every state is way, way behind on testing. Johns Hopkins doctors have said the country needs to be conducting 500k tests per day before even considering reopening. We are at 150k/day right now.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-19 11:22:29
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
lol, kireek getting his lies out early today.
Man, with you and your accusations of people who you don't agree with with lying, it makes me wonder this:

Do you work for CNN? Are you Jim Acosta?
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-19 11:26:28
Link | Citer | R

No, its easy to spot trolls that lie, thats all. Its the same ***everyday with kireek: SWING AND MISS AT Democrats!!! I doubt anyone is even reading the entirety of his posts anymore.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-04-19 11:40:29
Link | Citer | R

kireek said: »
stuff
Poll: Majority fear coronavirus restrictions will be lifted too soon

More Americans are fearful that the pandemic will directly affect them.

Politico

Quote:
According to an NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll released Sunday, 58 percent of registered voters expressed concern about a loosening of restrictions, as compared with 32 percent who worried that the restrictions would stay in place for too long. Three percent said they were concerned about both scenarios.

58% of the American population are not "... either college people, retired grannies living on benefits, unemployed hipsters or can work from home like our resident gill seller friend posting the pictures."
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-19 11:50:09
Link | Citer | R

Keep proving my point Vic.
By Viciouss 2020-04-19 11:53:01
Link | Citer | R

Even if states followed the guidelines the CDC set out, no one is even close to reopening. They clearly said cases should be in a decline for 14 consecutive days, and everyone should have a, paraphrasing, efficient testing program. No state has an efficient testing program, or even close.

Yesterday, Trump cried about the states calling for help with testing. This is by far his biggest failure. Just look at Texas. Our idiot governor is mirroring Trump's eagerness to reopen, yet Texas is near the bottom, or most likely, dead last in testing per capita. 176k total tests for the entire state of 29m people.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-04-19 12:11:49
Link | Citer | R

If I want skydive, while chain smoking, drinking whisky, with a pitbull on my back, eating a doughnut I can do that, but I can't goto the shops? **** off.
Those things only effect you. Your rights only exist until they infringe on the rights of others.

Going out and catching and spreading a very infectious virus we don't have a vaccine or standard treatment for, when you really don't need to, is literally endangering the life of other people.

Same reason, that despite the First Amendment existing, you can't shout fire in crowded places or bomb in an airport.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-19 12:15:53
Link | Citer | R

People love to say "my right to do whatever the *** I want" "say whatever I want" "Everyone else be damned".
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-04-19 12:25:01
Link | Citer | R

They tend to forget other people have rights too. Rights that temporarily invalidate other rights in certain situations.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-19 12:25:56
Link | Citer | R

You can't breathe in car accident
By Jetackuu 2020-04-19 12:27:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Veikur said: »
If I want skydive, while chain smoking, drinking whisky, with a pitbull on my back, eating a doughnut I can do that, but I can't goto the shops? **** off.
Those things only effect you. Your rights only exist until they infringe on the rights of others.

Going out and catching and spreading a very infectious virus we don't have a vaccine or standard treatment for, when you really don't need to, is literally endangering the life of other people.

Same reason, that despite the First Amendment existing, you can't shout fire in crowded places or bomb in an airport.

Except in the case where the government doesn't have the authority to constitutionally declare stay at home orders for a pandemic. Despite them being idiots, they have the right to be.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-04-19 12:47:53
Link | Citer | R

When you drive your car you instantly put every single person in other cars and on the pavement / sidewalk at risk, as well as yourself. The exact same argument can be made for banning cars, or making driving tests far more difficult to obtain. Be careful with what you agree with, as that stick may come back later to bash you with.

Regardless, the main thrust of what I was saying is a small country town / state should not be held to the same standards as NYC.
It's almost like we have tests (that are far too lax) to be allowed the privileged to drive and a *** ton of rules to follow (that aren't enforced stringently enough) in an attempt to reign in those risks. Punishment ranges from fairly small fines, driving privileges being revoked, or prison time.

All those small country towns/states are seeing an upsurge because they didn't take ***seriously.

Also, you're correct about the fire bit. But the bomb bit is a thing.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 84 85 86 ... 129 130 131