Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 81 82 83 ... 129 130 131
By abknight 2020-04-18 02:35:49
Link | Citer | R

Voren said: »
abknight said: »
I suspect the vast majority of people demanding that things stay locked down are people who pay little or no taxes, many probably don’t work at all and already collect welfare checks, so now they’re hoping to benefit from this overblown nothing for as long as possible. They’re so shortsighted that they’d see the world economy be ruined so they can collect a measly few thousand bucks which they’ll immediately blow on iPhones and bootleg adderall.

If you’re elderly or immunocompromised then you’re probably already not working, so you should stay quarantined for as long as you want. We should not drag the 10% of the population that pays for everything down with the weaklings who rely on the 10% to support them full-time. Let daddy go back to work to fund your bad life choices.

Wow, that's a lot of garbage. Ok, so there's people working and paying taxes that fully support a lockdown. Limiting exposure and not overburdening our hospitals would be a wise move.

Elderly and immune compromised people may stay in doors, but you fail to realize (like Sweden did) that someone has to take them food/medicine/supplies/etc, and those people are subject to being contaminated and passing along this highly communicable and deadly disease WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING THEY HAVE IT. So, again, limiting the amount of ignorant people running around isn't a bad idea.

There's also people working in the health field that are immune compromised. I know RN's that have had cancer and their immune system is shot due to chemo treatments. They're in remission, but their immune system is still screwed. They would be ok had their been enough PPE for everyone. I'm not immune compromised, but my wife is. She's in school, I'm essential/critical and thus I'm concerned I may give something to her.

Basically everything you posted isn't just incorrect, it's plain ignorant and easily refutable. The curve is flattening, but it's not down enough to completely stop certain measures other than just washing your hands.

You didn’t refute anything I said... you just gave some anecdotal story about Sweden, your adult student wife, and a couple of nurses you know. How is Sweden feeding their immunocompromised now? Do they have their five guys delivery boys wear level 5 hazmat gear? Your wife and the Swedes ([insert Shaguar clip]) can hide out as long as they want. It’s not a good idea to work in a hospital with a “screwed” immune system. 96-98% of the population can move on with their lives. We don’t need to ruin the world economy so that the other 2-4% feel less sad about having to stay home for over a year. If you’re so sad and worried about your wife then keep her quarantined away from yourself. Don’t burden everyone else.

My post was about bums wanting to stay on lockdown so they can collect more Trump bucks to spend on ***they don’t need at the expense of the productive minority. It was not about literally anything you responded with.
By Voren 2020-04-18 02:41:53
Link | Citer | R

Everything you posted was anecdotal, so I refuted anecdotal information with anecdotal information.

That's kinda how this whole thing works, or are you knew to the internets?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Voren 2020-04-18 02:55:50
Link | Citer | R

kireek said: »
There is no guarantee we will ever get one, due to the nature of how a virus works it's really not so easy to do it.

Yeah this is true, but the roll-out to re-open the economy doesn't need to be a "let's open the doors and see what happens style" which is exactly what Oklahoma is going to get. The last governor we had that I respected at all was Frank Keating, our current one is more businessman than politician and doesn't know how to listen to the experts.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Voren 2020-04-18 03:14:47
Link | Citer | R

Voren said: »
There is no guarantee we will ever get one, due to the nature of how a virus works it's really not so easy to do it.

Yeah this is true, but the roll-out to re-open the economy doesn't need to be a "let's open the doors and see what happens style" which is exactly what Oklahoma is going to get. The last governor we had that I respected at all was Frank Keating, our current one is more businessman than politician and doesn't know how to listen to the experts.

Point is, some people think the entire nation should be treated the same. That's idiocy. A mega city is different than a rural town.

Ok, I'll concede that point, however, a mega city also has a better infrastructure and more readily available medical than a rural area does. Pandemic on Netflix shows one rural Oklahoma area. There's two major trauma centers, Tulsa and OKC, and the I think iirc Lawton in southern Oklahoma has a backup trauma center? That's it, the rest is ill equipped to handle a pandemic, but the rollout here is going to be a lot faster than in NYC, and I'm concerned the fallout will be similar per capita.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2020-04-18 05:31:57
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
Just wanna point something out for the wait for a vaccine people.

We still have no vaccine for similar virus pandemics that happened 10-15 years ago.
But if they did release one you'd spend your time trying to convince people on the internet not to take it anyway.

What? people can do whatever they want to with their bodies. You can stick a potato up your butt right now if you want.
Would you take a vaccine that made you less close minded if it was created?

I would take it from the doctor and inject it into you.

owo

Post deleted by User.
By Voren 2020-04-18 05:57:40
Link | Citer | R

Just wanna point something out for the wait for a vaccine people.

We still have no vaccine for similar virus pandemics that happened 10-15 years ago.
But if they did release one you'd spend your time trying to convince people on the internet not to take it anyway.

What? people can do whatever they want to with their bodies. You can stick a potato up your butt right now if you want.
Would you take a vaccine that made you less close minded if it was created?

I would take it from the doctor and inject it into you.
That sounds violent kinky. Let's take this to P+R!

Ftfy
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-04-18 06:50:07
Link | Citer | R

Ok, so can we open back up!? May 15 in NYC? pls no.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-18 08:16:14
Link | Citer | R

abknight said: »
I suspect the vast majority of people demanding that things stay locked down are people who pay little or no taxes, many probably don’t work at all and already collect welfare checks, so now they’re hoping to benefit from this overblown nothing for as long as possible.
No, they are the people who are paid regardless if they produce anything or not, cannot be fired from their jobs, can't consider what they do as work, collect money from saps who sponsor them and/or are funded by state/local governments (and in some cases, the federal government), and are hoping to benefit from this as long as possible.

They are the media, professors in universities, "experts" in their fields, celebrities, and talk-show hosts. These are the people who are super wealthy and survive on doing nothing for the rest of their lives while the rest of the world starves around them.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-18 08:18:11
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
Texas is opening up next Friday.

Sucks to be the rest of the country.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-04-18 09:45:19
Link | Citer | R

Jacksonville FL beaches were reopened Fri. afternoon...

Daytona is next.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-18 10:05:38
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »

lol new york may never actually open. Until every single person has antibodies. It's a non stop wave of idiots pushing the day back.

Don't forget the day new york opens all the people that fled to avoid it come back with it or to get it.

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-04-18 10:08:10
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Jacksonville FL beaches were reopened Fri. afternoon...

Daytona is next.

Really leaning into the Good Place plot I see. Can we spot Jason Mendoza in there?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-18 10:22:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
lol new york may never actually open.

Cuomo already said he wants to open soon, money.
Michigan already has a plan to keep closed and still rake in tax money.

All of the industries that help with state revenue (lottery booths, liquor stores, weed shops) are considered "essential" and can stay open, but those that don't (farms, factories, etc.) stay closed.

Want to take a guess which party controls Michigan?

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-04-18 10:33:30
Link | Citer | R

lol, I'd like to see some evidence that farms in Michigan were forced to close by the state.

Also, the governor of Texas completely backed down from his boasting, only opening state parks for sure. Curbside pickup for retail could possibly open next week, but most likely not. Houston and Austin are already ignoring him. The biggest problem in Texas remains testing, something the governor is just seeming to ignore.
First Page 2 3 ... 81 82 83 ... 129 130 131