Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 114 115 116 ... 129 130 131
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-11 15:52:29
Link | Citer | R

Except that it is true. How the *** are all these grocery store employees not spreading it around amongst themselves and not getting sick. With the logic of quarantine, those people should all be dying. Which they aren't.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Serveur: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-11 15:59:08
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
And again, it doesnt magically go into your house.

The less often you go out, the less likely you are to contract it, as the less times you have to potentially come into contact with the virus.

If someone in your house does not follow these standards and goes out, then your likelyhood of contracting it increases, because they will inevitably bring it back in.

This is why its important everyone go out as little as possible. You are not safer outside. It doesnt matter if sunlight kills the virus, you arent taking the proper precautions, and will be going back inside at the end of the night, dragging it in with you. Not to mention, it takes hours to days for sunlight to properly disinfect depending on variables such as the surface and how much direct sunlight there is, its not going to save you from a contaminated surface thats recently been contaminated.
You have a very hard time understanding, so I'll spell it out for you. People are going out FOR NECESSITIES and still getting it. That's what it means when they say people who are getting it are observing quarantine laws. They are only going out when needed and still spreading it. So if it's spreading this much even though people are only going out when needed, then the current quarantine is not working as well as it should.

Also, this is a new virus. You make very many definitive statements for something we know so little about.

Then theyre not going out minimally, or are bringing it in from elsewhere. One person *** up is all it takes to spread it to an apartment complex. All it takes is one visitor to an elderly home to infect everyone there.

And you can make definitive statements about a new virus given known best practices and prepared plans for pandemics of this nature still apply. And we already have testing of how long direct sunlight is needed to kill the virus; which is again, anywhere from a few hours to a few days, depending on the surface and how much direct sunlight is hitting it. Stores dont have direct sunlight, so thats already out of the question, and they likely dont bleach their floors every minute, so theres a high likelyhood youll be walking over it, given the easiest method of contagion for it is through water droplets from coughing or exhaling, which eventually settle on the ground. If you go inside with your shoes, and walk around your house... you just spread it all over.

You can make an effective, generalized response and have it be effective even without knowing the specifics of the disease in question. We plan for literally any disaster you can think of. Theres even a plan for a zombie outbreak, something that would literally be impossible, just because it was thought of. The amount of planning the US alone does is insane. The only problem is that no one ever uses the plan. Every time. Most presidents have just been completely inept in recent modern history in this regard.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-11 16:01:46
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Except that it is true. How the *** are all these grocery store employees not spreading it around amongst themselves and not getting sick. With the logic of quarantine, those people should all be dying. Which they aren't.

1) A lot of places have put measures in place to minimize potential spread. Not enough, but its something

2) Its likely theyve been infected already and are/were symptomless carriers.

3) Most cashiers/baggers are either teens or elderly, and most of the elderly probably stopped going to work given the risk group theyre in, while teens are more likely to be asympomatic.

And 4) There have been confirmed cases of employees at said stores catching it. Its not like theyre somehow immune.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-11 16:06:03
Link | Citer | R

Man I love having my cake and eating it too.
By Viciouss 2020-05-11 16:06:31
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draugo said: »

Well first of all, we have had numerous instances of Walmarts getting slammed with it.

But more importantly, almost all grocery stores installed strict rules when this first started including:
1. No more than 15 customers in the store at any time. You know the size of American grocery stores, imagine only having 15 customers in the entire store. Social distancing is easy. My local store asked customers to limit 1 customer per aisle, almost everyone adheres to it.
2. Incredibly limited staff. Basically its the morning stock team that stocks the shelves and gets out. 1 mask wearing greeter. A couple of cashiers wearing masks, 1 supervisor..which leads us to..
3. Self-checkout lanes only. 1 register open for cigarettes only. Cashiers are the people most at risk, and there have been quite a few reports of them getting sick. So, stores all but eliminated them.
4. Reduced hours, reduced shifts.

Its not true at all that grocery stores are seeing "tens of thousands" of customers per week. Not even remotely. People don't want to wait in line to get in. So the easy alternatives are curbside pickup (never get out of your car) and home delivery (never leave your house).
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-11 16:09:54
Link | Citer | R

Then theyre not going out minimally,
Prove this is a fact and not an assumption.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-11 16:14:44
Link | Citer | R

If the spread rate is that high, people are going out more than once a week/month. People are still having friends over, or visiting their parents. Hell, people that live in my house are still having our neighbors over and ***and refuse to listen to reason.

If the spread rate is that high, best practices are simply not being adhered to.

Youre also talking about new york, where lots of people live in the same building. All it takes is one person still going out to infect the better part of the complex.
 Valefor.Commodus
Serveur: Valefor
user: abknight
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-05-11 16:40:30
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
It was a question for discussion, not for you. This is why people don't even engage because you have smug idiots like you coming in and posting your garbage. You aren't the only voice/opinion, let other people think for themselves and stop acting like you're some authority in this thread.

I've seen the video myself and it doesn't push anything dangerous. They aren't saying to stop any of the protocol going on. While there are certainly points that can be refuted and they have some unqualified speakers, I take an issue with any kind of opposition being deleted and controlled if it isn't some kind of harm to people. People have the right to make their own choice to follow something or do further research, we aren't children.
The reasons these videos are deleted are either that they are fully true, or contain some truth, and the powers that be don't want that truth out yet.
Or because they are lies and the powers that be think people are way too stupid to tell the difference. The same way they think people are too stupid to take a mask of safely. Or some of these medical "experts" even said we shouldn't change out clothes when we get home because we might forget to wash our hands. They really have no confidence in people intelligence at all.

There are millions of factually incorrect videos in the public domain that are left alone. The only videos that get virtually banned like this are those that defy the left's propaganda. Another great example that's been scrubbed almost everywhere, repeatedly, is the montage of Joe Biden groping lots of pre-teen girls and whispering creepy *** ***to them over years and years, all recorded on C-Span. The full compilation is almost impossible to find now because the DNC commands the entire media to be quiet about it and claim that it's "debunked," without ever showing the footage for the viewer to decide, but here are a few clips for you to decide for yourself:

Biden Pedophile Clip 1
Biden Pedophile Clip 2
Biden Pedophile Coverup Breakdown

If he behaves like this in public, in front of parents and on camera, imagine the evil ***this cretin does in private. Read the comments on these videos... the people that are actually shown this footage know what's going on. The only reason the entire country doesn't consider Biden a pedophile is because the truth is hidden from most of the country by the "media," which are really propaganda outlets controlled by the DNC.

On the "Plandemic" topic: When the original video is mass-removed, and 50,000 "PLANDEMIC DEBUNKED!!!!!" videos pop up everywhere, you know there's a mass, coordinated effort to cover it up.

Fully expecting vic and nyaarun to jump to Biden's defense here.
By Viciouss 2020-05-11 16:43:05
Link | Citer | R

Nah, it's completely offtopic, not even wasting my time. I remember what happened the last time you took the thread into pedo talk.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-11 17:06:51
Link | Citer | R

If the spread rate is that high, people are going out more than once a week/month. People are still having friends over, or visiting their parents. Hell, people that live in my house are still having our neighbors over and ***and refuse to listen to reason.

If the spread rate is that high, best practices are simply not being adhered to.

Youre also talking about new york, where lots of people live in the same building. All it takes is one person still going out to infect the better part of the complex.
Cuomo didn't say this though. You're saying this.
 Valefor.Commodus
Serveur: Valefor
user: abknight
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-05-11 17:15:05
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Nah, it's completely offtopic, not even wasting my time. I remember what happened the last time you took the thread into pedo talk.

Remove the shoes and socks, replace the slacks with overalls, and replace the button-down with a dirty 5XL wife beater and you have vic.

Incoming stock NPC_vic reply:
1) "another swing and a miss"
2) "still waiting on [insert unrelated thing]"
3) "personal attack hurt my feelings :("
4) "orange man bad"
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-05-11 17:24:13
Link | Citer | R

US is running out of meat. You guys are going.to become vegetarians in a couple months.

In the mean time, pork export.to China is going around at 20,000 tons a week. That's 4-5 times last year of 4,500-ish tons a week.

Now you know where all your meat had been going.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-05-11 17:30:27
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Andret said: »
US is running out of meat. You guys are going.to become vegetarians in a couple months.

In the mean time, pork export.to China is going around at 20,000 tons a week. That's 4-5 times last year of 4,500-ish tons a week.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-05-11 17:37:44
Link | Citer | R

I've heard Chinese has been buying up farms in the US too? IDK,
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-11 17:38:16
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Andret said: »

It's the Beyond Agenda. Soon everyone will be eating responsible, sustainable, Chinese, slave-picked, pea protein.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-11 17:38:32
Link | Citer | R

Chinese are buying everything they can get here.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-11 18:09:10
Link | Citer | R

Soylent green is people!
[+]
By Draylo 2020-05-11 19:24:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Chinese are buying everything they can get here.

They always have just look at real estate in major cities lol.
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2020-05-11 20:54:11
Link | Citer | R

my shore town just posted new rules for opening our beaches.

We are allowed to surf.

We are not allowed to swim.

So if you fall off your board, you have a decision to make:

follow the law or die.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-05-12 04:08:57
Link | Citer | R

The thing that annoys me the most about all this is that it's a self fulfilling prophecy.

Things that lower your immune system: staying out of the sunlight and stress.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-12 07:33:28
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
The thing that annoys me the most about all this is that it's a self fulfilling prophecy.

Things that lower your immune system: staying out of the sunlight and stress.
Also all the lack of nutrition + increased intake of toxic agents from people eating packaged foods, and the lack of exercise.
I really don't envy people living in cities who don't even have a back yard.
By Draylo 2020-05-12 07:41:15
Link | Citer | R

You're allowed outside, they even encourage you to get excercise but to maintain distancing and using a mask. I don't think I've seen a state that doesn't allow you to even walk outside.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-12 08:04:56
Link | Citer | R

You're allowed outside, they even encourage you to get excercise but to maintain distancing and using a mask. I don't think I've seen a state that doesn't allow you to even walk outside.
Yeah, I know. But how long can you walk on a city sidewalk? If you have a yard you can plant a garden or just sit outside and sunbathe.

Also, according to some people (@ Nyaarun) you should only go outside once a week or once a month and anything more is unnecessary. So people who are actually locking themselves down that tightly are making themselves sicker.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-05-12 09:38:53
Link | Citer | R

A few European countries are at that point.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/26/man-busted-in-spain-for-taking-goldfish-for-a-walk-during-lockdown/
By Pantafernando 2020-05-12 09:48:51
Link | Citer | R

Some cities/districts stsrted recently the most aggressive lockdown (in theory).

Personally, during this entire episode i always went to the park (which was nearly empty in all days) short before sun rises, do 1h exercise then come back before it gets more crowded.

Your home isnt you biggest protection. Your body is. So you need to keep it strong all the times, because you cant control if you will contract the virus or no, but you can make sure youre prepared to face it (and hopefully win against it).
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-12 10:27:43
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I know. But how long can you walk on a city sidewalk? If you have a yard you can plant a garden or just sit outside and sunbathe.

Also, according to some people (@ Nyaarun) you should only go outside once a week or once a month and anything more is unnecessary. So people who are actually locking themselves down that tightly are making themselves sicker.

You dont need to leave your house to exercise, and people who live in dense populated cities dont have the luxury of going outside and social distancing. Theres just too many people in one area.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-12 12:51:44
Link | Citer | R

You dont need to leave your house to exercise, and people who live in dense populated cities dont have the luxury of going outside and social distancing. Theres just too many people in one area.
Captain obvious strikes again. I said I didn't envy people living in cities because I needed this hero to tell me city folk don't have the luxury of going outside and social distancing...
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-12 13:08:41
Link | Citer | R

Captain obvious strikes again. I said I didn't envy people living in cities because I needed this hero to tell me city folk don't have the luxury of going outside and social distancing...

Yet if its so obvious, why do you keep failing to comprehend the simple things?
 Cerberus.Immortalmoon
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Immortalmoon 2020-05-12 15:04:28
Link | Citer | R

work said I need to wear mask, so I wore scream mask, work said that not acceptable, I said I not essential!! I disposable replaceable I won't get funeral, flag over my coffin!!! just buried in mass grave!!!
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-12 15:04:33
Link | Citer | R

Yet if its so obvious, why do you keep failing to comprehend the simple things?
You keep saying that I think the opposite of what I'm saying. You're a troll and it seems you are singling me out for harassment. Stop it now.
First Page 2 3 ... 114 115 116 ... 129 130 131