Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 113 114 115 ... 129 130 131
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-11 13:13:06
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
You always plan for worst case scenario. Also, remember, the numbers are only low because action was taken. The projection was based on current policy, when no action was being taken. Turns out when you do shelter in place and implement a shut down, less people die. Who knew, doing what you were supposed to actually works?
EVERYONE KNOWS ALL OF THIS ALREADY. YOU AREN'T SMART FOR POINTING OUT THE OBVIOUS.

If you knew this, you wouldnt have said most of what you said in this thread.
Wtf did I say? That people who work in food and medicine manufacturing should cautiously try going back to work and that everyone should wear masks, social distance and avoid large gatherings? HERESY!

They never stopped working, given they are deemed necessary.

But no, you made stupid comments and continue to make them about how rural states should be taking this on a case by case basis and not everywhere needs to shut down. That argument died the moment it left china. There is no alternative option other than all non essentials shut down. Doesnt matter how many cases you may or may not have, you shut down.
My opinion is not stupid. It's just different from yours. But since you are an extremist in a cult, you can't just agree to disagree.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-11 13:27:31
Link | Citer | R

You always plan for worst case scenario. Also, remember, the numbers are only low because action was taken. The projection was based on current policy, when no action was being taken. Turns out when you do shelter in place and implement a shut down, less people die. Who knew, doing what you were supposed to actually works?
EVERYONE KNOWS ALL OF THIS ALREADY. YOU AREN'T SMART FOR POINTING OUT THE OBVIOUS.

If you knew this, you wouldnt have said most of what you said in this thread.
Wtf did I say? That people who work in food and medicine manufacturing should cautiously try going back to work and that everyone should wear masks, social distance and avoid large gatherings? HERESY!

They never stopped working, given they are deemed necessary.

But no, you made stupid comments and continue to make them about how rural states should be taking this on a case by case basis and not everywhere needs to shut down. That argument died the moment it left china. There is no alternative option other than all non essentials shut down. Doesnt matter how many cases you may or may not have, you shut down.
My opinion is not stupid. It's just different from yours. But since you are an extremist in a cult, you can't just agree to disagree.

It is stupid because it is flat out wrong. Your "opinion" has literally costed hundreds of thousands of people their lives, and will cost more. We've had both national and world wide responses prepared for decades to these threats... if people actually followed them, it would be minimized and contained. But no, everyone wants to say "it isnt here, we are fine"... and then its at their doorstep and oh look, people are dying daily. Huh, if only we had some warnin... oh wait we did. Months heads up.
By RadialArcana 2020-05-11 13:30:30
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

hoooo
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-11 13:32:59
Link | Citer | R

But you only look at 1 side and live in a bubble. If you had family and friends you'd think differently. If you had seen an old lady dive off her 14th-floor balcony and watermelon her head as I did just a week ago, you'd think differently. But you live alone, have no real humans in your life and all your opinions come from twitter.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-11 13:38:16
Link | Citer | R

But you only look at 1 side and live in a bubble. If you had family and friends you'd think differently. If you had seen an old lady dive off her 14th-floor balcony and watermelon her head as I did just a week ago, you'd think differently. But you live alone, have no real humans in your life and all your opinions come from twitter.

1) I dont live alone

2) I have friends

3) I have friends that literally work in the medical field and watch people die from this disease daily. Get off your high horse, more people are dying from the global failed response than people being asked to stay inside.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-05-11 13:40:39
Link | Citer | R

I don’t understand all the Twitter hate. It has become downright essential nowadays. Can you imagine a world where we don’t know what Cardi B is thinking at any given moment?
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-11 13:45:30
Link | Citer | R

3) I have friends that literally work in the medical field and watch people die from this disease daily. Get off your high horse, more people are dying from the global failed response than people being asked to stay inside.

I do too. Anyways, whatever. There's no point discussing with you.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-11 13:46:15
Link | Citer | R

1) I dont live alone

2) I have friends

It's worth pointing out that every claim of knowing an actual covid 19 (read: wuhan virus) victim is always a i know a guy who knows a guy scenario. I'm going to need the next person below this comment to resist their natural inclination to say "b-b-but my grandpa died of covid19" or some malarkey.
By Viciouss 2020-05-11 13:50:45
Link | Citer | R

Didn't DirectX have it? Anyways, what was your point Sora? Covid isnt real because you don't know anyone that has gotten it? Cool story bro.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-11 13:53:04
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Didn't DirectX have it? Anyways, what was your point Sora? Covid isnt real because you don't know anyone that has gotten it? Cool story bro.

Scientists looked with an electron microscope and saw it was a big nothingburger

By Viciouss 2020-05-11 13:55:50
Link | Citer | R

Uh huh.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-11 13:56:05
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Soraishin said: »

1) I dont live alone

2) I have friends

It's worth pointing out that every claim of knowing an actual covid 19 (read: wuhan virus) victim is always a i know a guy who knows a guy scenario. I'm going to need the next person below this comment to resist their natural inclination to say "b-b-but my grandpa died of covid19" or some malarkey.
My cousin got it. He said it was terrible. But he recovered at home. People did die from it, a lot. But the major failure was not that we quarantined too late, it's that we didn't have enough masks for everyone. Just that 1 thing would have saved many people. Instead, we got a lot of confusing lies.
All the countries that immediately instituted "masks for all" laws did much better than the ones that didn't.
Some studies are even suggesting that the quarantine might be responsible for spreading the disease. Proportionally, people going in to work are getting it less than people staying home.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-11 14:02:24
Link | Citer | R

1) I dont live alone

2) I have friends

My cousin got it. He said it was terrible. But he recovered at home. People did die from it, a lot. But the major failure was not that we quarantined too late, it's that we didn't have enough masks for everyone. Just that 1 thing would have saved many people. Instead, we got a lot of confusing lies.
All the countries that immediately instituted "masks for all" laws did much better than the ones that didn't.
Some studies are even suggesting that the quarantine might be responsible for spreading the disease. Proportionally, people going in to work are getting it less than people staying home.

X to Doubt

Why this cousin not in quarantine? How did nobody else catch his covid 19? How did he not infect everyone since you can have it for weeks before symptoms appear? Too many questions to write just from that one statement. Here's an answer that poses the least amount of questions, your cousin had the Flu during Flu Season and recovered as anybody who isn't a sickly steven hawkings would like normal. Flu season lasts around 13 weeks and ends generally the last week of April. A few pages ago we went over how Flu deaths and heart attacks nearly disappeared from hospital records this year compared to other years data.
By Viciouss 2020-05-11 14:04:26
Link | Citer | R

1) I dont live alone

2) I have friends

I'm glad your cousin recovered safely from covid-19 and was able to isolate himself and not spread it to other people.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-11 14:08:28
Link | Citer | R

I'm glad your cousin recovered safely from covid-19 and was able to isolate himself and not spread it to other people.

Did his home decontaminate itself? How did he prevent the reported alarming reinfection rate claimed by World Health Organization? How??? Seriously how do you recover in a breeding ground for the disease? I need answers right now
By Viciouss 2020-05-11 14:09:13
Link | Citer | R

Did his home decontaminate itself? How did he prevent the reported alarming reinfection rate claimed by World Health Organization? How??? Seriously how do you recover in a breeding ground for the disease? I need answers right now

Well, I don't need any answers, so go find them on your own.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-11 14:10:31
Link | Citer | R

X to Doubt

Why this cousin not in quarantine? How did nobody else catch his covid 19? How did he not infect everyone since you can have it for weeks before symptoms appear? Too many questions to write just from that one statement. Here's an answer that poses the least amount of questions, your cousin had the Flu during Flu Season and recovered as anybody who isn't a sickly steven hawkings would like normal. Flu season lasts around 13 weeks and ends generally the last week of April. A few pages ago we went over how Flu deaths and heart attacks nearly disappeared from hospital records this year compared to other years data.
He works in a nursing home, that's how he got it. He didn't spread it outside the home because of isolated himself. But who knows if he spread it inside. He might have.
By RadialArcana 2020-05-11 14:11:44
Link | Citer | R

Notice how many of the deaths are people in nursing homes.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-11 14:14:03
Link | Citer | R

If you're sick and in bed recovering, your bed will be covered in disease. Someone else can catch it if they sleep in your bed. But you don't catch your own disease over and over so as to never recover. I mean, we all know it doesn't work that way, right? Your body forms antibodies and you recover.
By Viciouss 2020-05-11 14:16:37
Link | Citer | R

If you're sick and in bed recovering, your bed will be covered in disease. Someone else can catch it if they sleep in your bed. But you don't catch your own disease over and over so as to never recover. I mean, we all know it doesn't work that way, right? Your body forms antibodies and you recover.

With Sora you basically have to assume the worst.
By RadialArcana 2020-05-11 14:18:00
Link | Citer | R

Immune system worked fine till 2020, then it stopped working. Aliens.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-11 14:29:54
Link | Citer | R

Proportionally, people going in to work are getting it less than people staying home.

Yeah, thats literally impossible, and whatever data is being used is heavily flawed. People that go out minimally are, by definition, going to get it at a far lower rate than people who go out. By definition. Its not going to just magically enter your house. Something came inside and was contaminated; either someone else, groceries, a pet. Anything.

Whatever data set is saying "People who stay home get it more often" is a flawed data set to make that conclusion.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-11 14:35:26
Link | Citer | R

Proportionally, people going in to work are getting it less than people staying home.

Yeah, thats literally impossible, and whatever data is being used is heavily flawed. People that go out minimally are, by definition, going to get it at a far lower rate than people who go out. By definition. Its not going to just magically enter your house. Something came inside and was contaminated; either someone else, groceries, a pet. Anything.

Whatever data set is saying "People who stay home get it more often" is a flawed data set to make that conclusion.
The issue is no one can have all members of a household stay home exclusively. And if you bring the disease home, you risk infecting family members. But people who are outside are not in stagnant air and the outdoor surfaces are less infected because the sunlight kills the virus.

Also, Cuomo himself said that 66% of New Yorkers getting sick are people staying home. If staying home worked so well, why is that number so high?
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-11 15:00:39
Link | Citer | R

The issue is no one can have all members of a household stay home exclusively. And if you bring the disease home, you risk infecting family members. But people who are outside are not in stagnant air and the outdoor surfaces are less infected because the sunlight kills the virus.

Also, Cuomo himself said that 66% of New Yorkers getting sick are people staying home. If staying home worked so well, why is that number so high?

Because the fact is not everyone is staying home, like you already stated. The more people that go out unneeded, the more people will get infected. End of story.

You literally answered your own question as to why the data you provided does not support your own claim.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-11 15:08:36
Link | Citer | R

Because the fact is not everyone is staying home, like you already stated. The more people that go out unneeded, the more people will get infected. End of story.

You literally answered your own question as to why the data you provided does not support your own claim.
Go look it up. The people who are getting it ARE observing quarantine rules. You are adding the "go out unneeded" part.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-11 15:26:44
Link | Citer | R

Go look it up. The people who are getting it ARE observing quarantine rules. You are adding the "go out unneeded" part.

And again, it doesnt magically go into your house.

The less often you go out, the less likely you are to contract it, as the less times you have to potentially come into contact with the virus.

If someone in your house does not follow these standards and goes out, then your likelyhood of contracting it increases, because they will inevitably bring it back in.

This is why its important everyone go out as little as possible. You are not safer outside. It doesnt matter if sunlight kills the virus, you arent taking the proper precautions, and will be going back inside at the end of the night, dragging it in with you. Not to mention, it takes hours to days for sunlight to properly disinfect depending on variables such as the surface and how much direct sunlight there is, its not going to save you from a contaminated surface thats recently been contaminated.
By RadialArcana 2020-05-11 15:30:48
Link | Citer | R

When you goto the supermarket the same people are working there all the time, they see tens of thousands of people a week. They seem fine.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-11 15:37:10
Link | Citer | R

And again, it doesnt magically go into your house.

The less often you go out, the less likely you are to contract it, as the less times you have to potentially come into contact with the virus.

If someone in your house does not follow these standards and goes out, then your likelyhood of contracting it increases, because they will inevitably bring it back in.

This is why its important everyone go out as little as possible. You are not safer outside. It doesnt matter if sunlight kills the virus, you arent taking the proper precautions, and will be going back inside at the end of the night, dragging it in with you. Not to mention, it takes hours to days for sunlight to properly disinfect depending on variables such as the surface and how much direct sunlight there is, its not going to save you from a contaminated surface thats recently been contaminated.
You have a very hard time understanding, so I'll spell it out for you. People are going out FOR NECESSITIES and still getting it. That's what it means when they say people who are getting it are observing quarantine laws. They are only going out when needed and still spreading it. So if it's spreading this much even though people are only going out when needed, then the current quarantine is not working as well as it should.

Also, this is a new virus. You make very many definitive statements for something we know so little about.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-11 15:38:05
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
When you goto the supermarket the same people are working there all the time, they see tens of thousands of people a week. They seem fine.

Careful, people's head will explode with that one.
By Viciouss 2020-05-11 15:47:28
Link | Citer | R

Nah, we know it's not true and move on.
First Page 2 3 ... 113 114 115 ... 129 130 131