Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 99 100 101 ... 129 130 131
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-01 18:37:19
Link | Citer | R

For everyone else, you can do things such as only bring on essential workers to the facility that are necessary to maintain functions, and require them to wear basic PPE, as well as adopt better sterilization practices.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-01 18:40:01
Link | Citer | R

Our whole food system is abhorrent/disgusting it's really no surprise that literally everyone in the building would catch it.

It's so poorly managed. (and cruel to boot)

The whole process needs to be "fixed" if that means they have to close for "months" do it.
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-05-01 18:40:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Our whole food system is abhorrent/disgusting it's really no surprise that literally everyone in the building would catch it.

I like Whole Foods :(
By Jetackuu 2020-05-01 18:41:37
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Negan said: »
I like Whole Foods :(
You would, you dirty liberal!
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-05-01 18:42:14
Link | Citer | R

The thing is everyone wants to be "right", everyone wants that everyone thinks the other is "wrong" or "liar", everyone wants to blame other for any problem.

IMO the facts is that results are very bad, despite curves being stabilized in some countries. Still a lot of people are dying everywhere.

***cant be controlled. People cant be controlled. But everyone wants to claim to be hero of the few pyrrhic victory here and there. And wants to blame the other for any obvious defeat.
[+]
 Valefor.Commodus
Serveur: Valefor
user: abknight
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-05-01 18:45:51
Link | Citer | R

I don’t disagree with any of this. What I disagree with is vic’s idiotic sentiment that facilities should shut down because orange man bad and a percentage of the workers got temporarily sick. Thank goodness we have people smarter than vic and nyaarun (not a high bar) in charge or else everyone would be dying from starvation over a virus that lasts two weeks and has a 2% mortality rate.
By Viciouss 2020-05-01 18:48:35
Link | Citer | R

lol what happened here? Did someone get topicbanned for shitposting so he came right back with a different account to shitpost some more?

And now spouting nonsense about immunity now? There is zero evidence that catching covid-19 and beating it makes you immune to catching it again. Thats not what herd immunity means. There are thousands of documented cases of people catching this virus twice. Its not the measles or chickenpox.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-01 18:51:17
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Commodus said: »
If a meat packing plant has 2,000 employees, a portion will be immune or have no symptoms and a portion will get sick and be unable to work for two weeks. After two weeks the sick portion can return to work and the entire workforce of the facility is now immune and able to continue producing.

To remind everyone, this is a completely made up story. No Americans are immune to covid-19 right now, or even close.
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-05-01 19:02:15
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
lol what happened here? Did someone get topicbanned for shitposting so he came right back with a different account to shitpost some more?

And now spouting nonsense about immunity now? There is zero evidence that catching covid-19 and beating it makes you immune to catching it again. Thats not what herd immunity means. There are thousands of documented cases of people catching this virus twice. Its not the measles or chickenpox.

Post a source for your ridiculous claims. Read this for starters: https://time.com/5810454/coronavirus-immunity-reinfection/

Individuals becoming immune from exposure and recovery is a component of herd immunity. There is zero evidence that you can re-contract the same strain of covid-19, but there is historical evidence that it’s unlikely that you can. You’re part of the problem, spreading false information to freak out the simpletons.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-01 19:02:46
Link | Citer | R

This is why nothing will ever get done. This disease IS VERY DANGEROUS. If you catch it, you CAN STILL CATCH IT AGAIN... but... if we continue with the lockdown as it is now WE WILL ALL STARVE. In fact, it might already be too late.
Both things are true. Arguing is stupid. We need to find a solution that minimizes the damages. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like any solution will completely fix the economy or spare every life. We have to come to terms with that reality and figure out the best course of action.

But since I know people display tribalism more than integrity, I planted a garden.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-01 19:07:52
Link | Citer | R

Post a source for your ridiculous claims. Read this for starters: https://time.com/5810454/coronavirus-immunity-reinfection/

Individuals becoming immune from exposure and recovery is a component of herd immunity. There is zero evidence that you can re-contract the same strain of covid-19, but there is historical evidence that it’s unlikely that you can. You’re part of the problem, spreading false information to freak out the simpletons.

No, its not on me to disprove your bullshitting. You literally posted an article that says "We don't know how covid-19 immunity works." You post a source that says once you beat covid-19, you are immune to catching it again. Until then, you are just making ***up. And remember, there are thousands of people that have already caught it twice, so you have a big hill to climb. Good luck!
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-01 19:14:01
Link | Citer | R

Just 1 page ago I posted links saying the opposite. It's too early to be sure of anything.

But, let me just point this out. The common cold is a type of coronavirus. In the last 35 years, the strain barely mutated at all, yet we can still catch it every year. Immunity doesn't last. Over time, our antibidies degrade. So, this might also be true for Covid-19.

https://www.wired.com/story/what-if-covid-19-returns-every-year-like-the-common-cold/

Just because I linked this, doesn't mean I agree with the opinions about lockdown until 2022. Read it for the science parts.
By Viciouss 2020-05-01 19:15:56
Link | Citer | R

I would also like to see some of this so-called "historical evidence" that suggests people are immune to catching a type of flu more than once. Take your time absknight.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-01 19:21:30
Link | Citer | R

I would also like to see some of this so-called "historical evidence" that suggests people are immune to catching a type of flu more than once. Take your time absknight.
Keep arguing. I'm sure that will be very helpful once the famine of Biblical Proportions comes...
By Viciouss 2020-05-01 19:23:29
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Keep arguing. I'm sure that will be very helpful once the famine of Biblical Proportions comes...

We will just invade Canada and take all of your food. No big deal!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-01 19:24:42
Link | Citer | R

They just banned all their "good" guns too, they're *** rofl

You think you're safe from each other but not from us now.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-01 19:35:44
Link | Citer | R

10x more people in the US than in Canada. And 90% of the people here are just as ignorant. So whatever. You'll come here, take my stuff, and it will last you like 4 minutes. Then you'll just resume starving.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-01 19:37:45
Link | Citer | R

Quality over quantity. Most people in the US who own a firearm are only good at blowing off their leg or killing their spouse. A real conflict would leave them pissing their pants.
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-05-01 19:38:25
Link | Citer | R

No, its not on me to disprove your bullshitting. You literally posted an article that says "We don't know how covid-19 immunity works." You post a source that says once you beat covid-19, you are immune to catching it again. Until then, you are just making ***up. And remember, there are thousands of people that have already caught it twice, so you have a big hill to climb. Good luck!

Try reading comprehension. I asked you to post a source for YOUR claim, which you do need to back up but are obviously unable to. I posted a source for mine, and it cites the historical evidence.

Fear-mongering with potential negatives is dangerous. Read this and tell me what you honestly think of it: “It’s not yet known whether coronavirus may lead to brain cancer that could potentially wipe out the human race. An autopsy on a deceased coronavirus patient revealed acute brain cancer, leading some to speculate that the virus may directly attack the brain and cause cancer cells to rapidly grow, leading to brain swelling and eventually death.” Does this quote scare you?
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-05-01 19:40:26
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »

Quality over quantity. Most people in the US who own a firearm are only good at blowing off their leg or killing their spouse. A real conflict would leave them pissing their pants.

Says the adult dependent too scared to leave his house lol. You must fancy yourself a real asset to be called upon during times of conflict. A real unit!
By Viciouss 2020-05-01 19:40:33
Link | Citer | R

Try reading comprehension. I asked you to post a source for YOUR claim, which you do need to back up but are obviously unable to. I posted a source for mine, and it cites the historical evidence.

Stopped reading right here, because its a lie. You have yet to post any source that states catching covid-19 makes you immune to catching it again. But its ok, like I said, take your time and try again.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-05-01 19:44:46
Link | Citer | R

Stop arguing. Start planting a garden and making masks. Stop being minimalists. Start collecting tools and materials. Things might get pretty Mad Max in the not to far future.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-01 19:48:21
Link | Citer | R

Stop arguing. Start planting a garden and making masks. Stop being minimalists. Start collecting tools and materials. Things might get pretty Mad Max in the not to far future.

Its too late to start planting a garden for this event, but preparing for the next getting materials together to become even slightly self sufficient is a good idea. Ill go find a video to give more info on this in a sec.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-01 19:50:29
Link | Citer | R

You could go full "the martian" and have sustainable potatoes in a couple days

But really you could have veggies up and running in a month, plenty of time.
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-05-01 19:52:37
Link | Citer | R

I promise I’ll stop debating if vic can specifically state, with quotes, what he thinks I “lied” about. He can’t... when he loses an argument he makes wild claims without evidence and accuses people of being “wrong” or “lying” but refuses to ever quote anything. School bus tactics.

Off-topic vic, did you relocate to Texas from Chicago?
By Viciouss 2020-05-01 19:54:57
Link | Citer | R

I already pointed out that you made up your story about factory workers being immune to the virus because you believe, based on zero evidence, that having the virus once makes you completely immune to it. You have posted zero sources backing that up, because there aren't any. The one article you posted didn't even come close to backing it up. It clearly stated there wasn't enough information to back up your made up story. Its on you to prove your ridiculous claim correct.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-01 19:56:11
Link | Citer | R

Anyone here who has HBO, I suggest watching the documentary called After Truth. Democrat and Republican haters both need to wake the *** up, and quit lying to each other. Including some individuals in this thread.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-01 19:56:57
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

Here is said video. He has other videos talking about building your own garden and becoming more self reliant, but this one is the most relevant.
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-05-01 20:11:32
Link | Citer | R

I already pointed out that you made up your story about factory workers being immune to the virus because you believe, based on zero evidence, that having the virus once makes you completely immune to it. You have posted zero sources backing that up, because there aren't any. The one article you posted didn't even come close to backing it up. It clearly stated there wasn't enough information to back up your made up story. Its on you to prove your ridiculous claim correct.

That article, and plenty of others, cite evidence and expert opinion that it’s highly unlikely that individuals with normal immune systems can re-contract the same strain. If this one case is somehow different from others and people with healthy immune systems can contract the same strain endless times, then it’s your responsibility to provide proof of that before freaking people out. What you’re doing is appealing to ignorance. You’re saying that we don’t know 100% for sure, so despite historical evidence to the contrary, your hypothesis must be correct. It’s a logical fallacy.

If people with healthy immune systems can contract it endlessly, and no vaccine is ever found, how long would you personally keep everything shut down? Just like the last time we went round and round, you never, ever answer any questions. You deflect and divert attention and refuse to have a good faith argument. I think I’ve asked you 4 or 5 simple questions now and you haven’t answered one, despite me directly responding to all of yours. It’s childish.
By Viciouss 2020-05-01 20:23:45
Link | Citer | R

That article, and plenty of others, cite evidence and expert opinion that it’s highly unlikely that individuals with normal immune systems can re-contract the same strain. If this one case is somehow different from others and people with healthy immune systems can contract the same strain endless times, then it’s your responsibility to provide proof of that before freaking people out. What you’re doing is appealing to ignorance. You’re saying that we don’t know 100% for sure, so despite historical evidence to the contrary, your hypothesis must be correct. It’s a logical fallacy.

If people with healthy immune systems can contract it endlessly, and no vaccine is ever found, how long would you personally keep everything shut down? Just like the last time we went round and round, you never, ever answer any questions. You deflect and divert attention and refuse to have a good faith argument. I think I’ve asked you 4 or 5 simple questions now and you haven’t answered one, despite me directly responding to all of yours. It’s childish.

Your accusations are amusing, but you don't get to play the victim card when you have still posted no evidence backing up any of your claims. I'm not deflecting anything, I'm simply ignoring your "hypothetical situations" because they aren't relevant. I know how the "question game" works, and I'm not playing it. Its on you to prove your assertion.

Reminder: Still waiting on you to post a source that backs up your claim that contracting covid-19 makes you immune to contracting it again, thus making it completely safe to work in an environment where it exists. Drag it out as long as you want, it doesn't matter to me.
First Page 2 3 ... 99 100 101 ... 129 130 131