Forum » FFXI » General » whatever happened to Empyrean Gear +3
whatever happened to Empyrean Gear +3
 Bismarck.Xurion
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-01-13 13:39:19
Link | Citer | R

I'm fully prepared mentally for another 4 years of Dynamis with the introduction of Dreamworld Dynamis Divergence and Empyrean Shards and Empyrean Voids.

Aurix is not finished with us.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-13 13:46:06
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »
The +1 items, and +1 alone, will get single pathed, ranked augments.

You're right, they did initially say that this would be augments. I could have swore I heard them use the word "reforge" before when referring to Unity gear for the future, but maybe I misinterpreted that.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-01-13 13:47:04
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
You release content too fast, it'll be acquired too fast and people will get bored and quit. All about that bait and switch like what was already mentioned.

At the same time if you release content too slow people will eventually aquire everything they're interested in and run out of things to do, in which case they'll get bored and quit. There's a balance to be had here. New content keeps the game fresh and sparks interest. Right now there's nothing left for me to farm or buy on the few jobs I like to play so I just log in to spend time with friends and enjoy the gameplay itself. A few new goals wouldn't go amiss though.
By Torzak 2020-01-13 13:49:53
Link | Citer | R

Man, if they think they wanna extend on to Dyanmis-D, then they better take a serious look at the packet drops that happens in there.

That packet loss (lag) shenanigans makes it the kind of content that once done, I'd rather avoid it permanently than to ever try to lead anyone through it again.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-13 13:52:50
Link | Citer | R

Can't avoid dynamis unless you avoid Su5s and necks. Cost to R25 is too absurd for any casual to afford, so that event will continue for a bit, whether people like it or not.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-01-13 14:05:39
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The +1 items, and +1 alone, will get single pathed, ranked augments.

You're right, they did initially say that this would be augments. I could have swore I heard them use the word "reforge" before when referring to Unity gear for the future, but maybe I misinterpreted that.
What you're remembering is the New Years wishes from Matsui where he said "打ち直すため" which they translated as "reforged" on the english side... which is accurate.
Either plans have changed (which would be unusual given how they announced how it would work already, that's "it's basically done" level) or it was just slang in an informal address of seasonal greeting.

Either way, the earliest it could possibly drop is next month (rather likely given this month's campaigns); if not Feb then May, and at the latest in November. But I'm betting it's next month so we'll learn if they've changed things or if it was just "slang" soon.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-13 14:06:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
obviously the drop rates were abysmal, look at the event as an event instead of a means to an end.
I do look at it as an event, and its major pro is also its major flaw.
It's good that almost all jobs were "required" in an alliance, that you needed to do something different (procs etc), but it was also incredibly boring because it forced you to play your jobs in an innatural way and after that it was just a zerg, all of them were like that except at start when players needed more gear/power.

So yeah, good on one hand, but ultimately very bad and boring.
IMHO of course.

Especially after the generosity in drop rates of Abyssea, it felt even more like a kick in the balls.

Abyssea was... it destroyed the game as it was before, and I can't argue with that, love it or hate it.
But it was a complex, vast event with a plethora of different things to do for big groups, small groups, EXP farming, farming chests, farming drops, I could go on for hours.
I can concur with who claims it destroyed FFXI like we meant it that way, but it was a really good event imho, not Voidwatch.

Abyssea was, most of all, compelling and entertaining (yeah yeah, I get the frustration of spawned NMs etc, but I'm talking in general).
Voidwatch was absolutely... empty of anything, except the incredibly boring repetition of grinding a monster 90.000 times to get a single drop.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-13 14:17:47
Link | Citer | R

Either way, the earliest it could possibly drop is next month

Not that I think they synced actived Campaigns to line up with this, but if it does come next month, it is a good time to stock up on coffers. Who knows which piece of gear might actually become randomly good. And if it is augments, you will probably need to trade the item to whomever to see the list of potential augments on the path, as they don't ever let players see a master list of augments without the weapon. So I gotta go hunting some old garbage >_>;
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-01-13 14:29:12
Link | Citer | R

This is where empyrean upgrades turn into Trial of the Majians v2. Armor upgrades require 10 spawned NM McGuffins and REMA's can be further upgraded by killing 20,000 of some random mob family per rank.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-01-13 14:33:08
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
This is where empyrean upgrades turn into Trial of the Majians v2. Armor upgrades require 10 spawned NM McGuffins and REMA's can be further upgraded by killing 20,000 of some random mob family per rank.

Thats just a few nights with easyfarm.
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-01-13 16:32:11
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Xurion said: »
I'm fully prepared mentally for another 4 years of Dynamis with the introduction of Dreamworld Dynamis Divergence and Empyrean Shards and Empyrean Voids.

Aurix is not finished with us.

I really like Dynamis Divergence and am completely hooked on Volte gear, so I too fully support this.

Dynamis-Valkurm was one of my favorite zones....but sadly, my all-time favorite Dynamis-Beaucedine will probably never be.

If only they had the willingness to devote development resources, they could be extremely creative with content offerings.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-13 16:38:57
Link | Citer | R

Dynamis-Divergence would be a pretty cool content, without the 9000 lost packets per seconds and the 15 seconds lag.

If only!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-13 16:42:48
Link | Citer | R

inorite?
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-01-13 16:48:34
Link | Citer | R

You guys remember the waist gear you use to get from Dreamworld?

Yep, next R25 right thuur.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-13 17:04:19
Link | Citer | R

Yes, because inventory space isn't a thing
[+]
 Ragnarok.Soyven
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Soyven
By Ragnarok.Soyven 2020-01-13 17:53:00
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of that, another wardrobe or two would be welcomed with open arms

Edit: or making things equipable from satchel, sack and case
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Soyven
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Soyven
By Ragnarok.Soyven 2020-01-13 19:22:00
Link | Citer | R

Caerda said: »
Ragnarok.Soyven said: »
Speaking of that, another wardrobe or two would be welcomed with open arms

Edit: or making things equipable from satchel, sack and case

The inventory increase thing probably won't happen, too many items is what is causing you all the lag/loading issues when zoning. I could see the second suggestion being realistic though.

I know the loading times when zoning is from all the bags, But we all know that a little more load time for more wardrobes would be worth it lol. At least I think so.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Serveur: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2020-01-13 19:48:59
Link | Citer | R

Ever notice how short the load times are on mule accounts that haven't collected any key items?

They could probably make enough room for a couple more mog bags without increasing loading times at all if they just cleared out the ***ton of redundant / useless key items that load every time you zone.

Like if you have medal of altana, why should you also load 19 other campaign rank medals? Come on SE.

Why do I need 6 wild keeper reive entrance kis with me everywhere I go? Just take the friggin bayld out when I enter the event.

There's just a ton of pointless loading there.
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-01-13 19:59:57
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »
Ever notice how short the load times are on mule accounts that haven't collected any key items?

They could probably make enough room for a couple more mog bags if they just cleared out the ***ton of redundant / useless key items that load every time you zone.

Like if you have medal of altana, why should you also load 19 other campaign rank medals? Come on SE.

It's not key items. Key items are bitflags, all 3212 of them are only 402 bytes(+ a bit more in packet headers).

Items are 50 bytes each. Inventory loads faster on mules because empty slots don't need to be sent.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-13 23:30:15
Link | Citer | R

Yeah from my experience on my mule load times were so much faster when my wardrobes, satchel, sack, case were all empty.

Quite a noticeable difference.
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-01-14 02:33:35
Link | Citer | R

Each item is received individually, with each one detailing which bag it is in. My guess is they have to fundamentally change the way they manage item data in order to implement any more wardrobes.

They probably don't care too much about the lag you go through each zone, and more concerned with the server load increase they'd get.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-14 03:16:50
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Xurion said: »
They probably don't care too much about the lag you go through each zone
They do, it's the reason they gave as to why they don't intend to release further Wardrobes past the 4th.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-01-14 04:10:55
Link | Citer | R

They could really easily add mog (storage item name) that doesn't load outside the moghouse, just like slips, but without the stupidity.

They could give you a billion inventory slots that are only loadable in the mog house, if they wanted.

How often do you really look in your mog safe when you arent in your mog house too? Rarely. I'd totally give up the ability to view mog house storage(s), for more of it.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-14 04:15:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
They could really easily add
Would it be that easy?
I mean, one would assume, but are we sure?

If it really was that easy they probably would've changed Mog House, Mog2, Storage and Locker to not load outside of MH. That already would be 4 repositories less to load whenever you zone, it would be awesome.
The fact they didn't do it kinda makes me think it's probably less easy than we imagine.
Possible? I believe so, but maybe quite complex for them.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-01-14 04:17:37
Link | Citer | R

Even if it's "easy" they're still unwilling to do it, that's the problem. It's not really about how much work it would actually take, it's about how much work they're willing to do. aka not much.

And you know it's too much work (regardless of "ease") because they could very easily con another $4 a month out of 20,000 people by doing it but still don't.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-14 04:19:16
Link | Citer | R

The reason why they didn't do that are possibly Nomad Moogles.
But... if that's the case, couldn't they simply make an exception for the zones with Nomad Moogles in? Or every town if they want to go that far.