Superwarps - Questionable.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Windower » General » Superwarps - Questionable.
Superwarps - Questionable.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By RadialArcana 2020-06-18 14:20:28
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, when it's loaded and I try logout it does black screens at logout. When I disable it and then logout it logs out fine every time.

Gonna guess at it being due to windows 7 or something.
By RadialArcana 2020-06-19 13:14:06
Link | Citer | R

In-case anyone else has a similar problem:

0.96.1 works fine.
0.96.2 (latest) causes black screen at logout.

to be more accurate:

Commits:
"Added thrifty transit menu" = fail

"Added retries to sub-commands" = fail
"Simplified client lock release" = fail
"Added unload event to reset locks etc." = fail

"Added targeting NPC and simulating client lock options" = works.

When I say fail, it works as it is supposed to but logout gives a black screen and lockup.
By Pantafernando 2020-06-19 13:20:03
Link | Citer | R

Still doesnt explain why it happens on your notebook and not on your PC
 Asura.Aldolol
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2020-07-08 05:04:50
Link | Citer | R

Seems they have blocked the ability to be able to warp to a home point you do not have, both the Homepoint and Superwarp addons are working completely fine if you have the zone unlocked, but will do nothing if you are trying to warp somewhere you do not have.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-07-08 05:30:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aldolol said: »
Seems they have blocked the ability to be able to warp to a home point you do not have, both the Homepoint and Superwarp addons are working completely fine if you have the zone unlocked, but will do nothing if you are trying to warp somewhere you do not have.

They couldn’t spend time to fix the constant JP bot shouts going on 24/7 or spend enough time to learn how to actually fix PLD, but they put in effort to fix this? *** SE for real.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-07-08 05:44:45
Link | Citer | R

I wonder if with the Pwnsalot ban they're watching more ffxi streams/youtube in their COVID19 boredom looking for things to ban/fix.
By Aoibhe 2020-07-08 06:17:57
Link | Citer | R

Finishing WotG on my mule is going to be unbearable now. RIP.
By ksoze 2020-07-08 06:29:19
Link | Citer | R

Unsub.

I know some ppl dont like superwarps and homepoint but in my opinion, se is shooting their own foot with this.

People that want to multibox, have played the missions and done their normal routes years ago.

superwarps enables them to multibox which is also more revenue for se.

idiots.
By Pantafernando 2020-07-08 06:55:09
Link | Citer | R

ksoze said: »
Unsub.

I know some ppl dont like superwarps and homepoint but in my opinion, se is shooting their own foot with this.

People that want to multibox, have played the missions and done their normal routes years ago.

idiots.

What?

From what i see, you just cant warp to place you shouldnt at first.

Its not like this is any problem to people that already dont reort to this.
By Pantafernando 2020-07-08 06:56:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Arico said: »
I wonder if with the Pwnsalot ban they're watching more ffxi streams/youtube in their COVID19 boredom looking for things to ban/fix.

Tell me more.

Was he banned for trivia stuff or heavy cheating?
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2020-07-08 07:03:01
Link | Citer | R

Banned for being a retard and promoting his own channel in game via yells and shouts telling people to "win an SU5" probably by subscribing/paying him ***. Was cringe tbh.

Yeah Superwarp still works, just not to where you can't go now, so just resort to the other method of takoing through zones or w/e
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-07-08 07:11:51
Link | Citer | R

Lol.

Silly
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-07-08 07:25:01
Link | Citer | R

it is relatively impressive SE took the time to fix that but does not ban for straight up pos hacking/botting 24 hours a day. unreal
By Pantafernando 2020-07-08 07:36:15
Link | Citer | R

Probably its easiEr to fix teleports than pos hacking and botting.

Plus, in terms of time, preventing teleportation to unknown places is a heavier hit on RMT planting new chars every second than preventing them to pos or bot, what can potentially affect more “stable” costumers.
By RadialArcana 2020-07-08 07:58:20
Link | Citer | R

This was fixed because RMT abuse it heavily for obvious reasons.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-07-08 08:02:18
Link | Citer | R

Perhaps they can add odyssey warps to superwarp now? I would go to the event if I could make that work.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-07-08 08:06:51
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Perhaps they can add odyssey warps to superwarp now? I would go to the event if I could make that work.

This a great idea.
By Jetackuu 2020-07-08 09:01:18
Link | Citer | R

about time, now they should ban everyone who abused it
By Pantafernando 2020-07-08 09:03:25
Link | Citer | R

This is wishful thinking.
By Jetackuu 2020-07-08 09:04:22
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
This is wishful thinking.
obvi
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-07-08 09:04:50
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »

lmk when they ban all the hqcraft.lua users.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-07-08 09:05:00
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »

The issue with this is that the addon allowed people to warp to unlocked warp points by default, so people who just wanted to bypass annoying menus would get banned when they had no idea they were even doing something bad.

They have zero reason to do this anyway, it would be totally stupid.
 Odin.Pervysage
Serveur: Odin
user: Mechachu
By Odin.Pervysage 2020-07-11 00:01:43
Link | Citer | R

ksoze said: »
Unsub.

idiots.

That's just... stupid lmao. Too bad there wont be a ban wave for this lol.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-07-11 00:52:36
Link | Citer | R

Banned for being a retard and promoting his own channel in game via yells and shouts telling people to "win an SU5" probably by subscribing/paying him ***. Was cringe tbh.

Yeah. It was RMT in that he wanted to offer in game rewards for paying him money via patreon. It wasn't even assured RMT in that you could pay him money and not even get an item. I didn't know the guy, but saw his yells about it, looked at it, & realized how not interested I was.

I'm certain that what got him banned was that he was yelling a url though. Even if it was a benign youtube url, you can be jailed for such. I spent some time in Mordion Gaol or however it is spelled once because of yelling something (not youtube/twitch/livestream related) I wanted people to check out years and years ago.

This was before streaming games was even a popular thing if that explains how long ago it was. FFXI is nearly 20 years old though and I don't recall the site. It wasn't pr0n or RMT or the like so the GM was like: Don't put any urls into shout. JP staff/GMs that can't speak english don't know you're not promoting a RMT url.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By RadialArcana 2020-07-11 06:25:33
Link | Citer | R

He was shouting for people to donate to his patreon or whatever in exchange for a Su5 weapon.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2020-07-11 06:38:44
Link | Citer | R

Im not sure about this. I dont see objectively a difference between yelling a word or a web address.

But Seems clear that promoting real world benefit over a game/trademark without proper authorization is illegal.

If such behaviour was allowed, it would allow for example others MMORPG companies to make chars in FFXI to advertise their own games. Or any other product. Its a given game is shrinking but still have 1000+ at any given time in assura.

Plus, we dont know what that guy was showing third party application-wise in his channel. For example, recording him using ja0, pos, flee hack is like given evidence to STF to just ban quickly.

At some point i was womdering why those solos videos stil used archaic setups like selecting spells by scrooling spell list, using window effect, etc. now its clear most likely those guys just disable their third party apps to record, because its safer for their own char
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-07-11 10:41:38
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Im not sure about this. I dont see objectively a difference between yelling a word or a web address.

I can't comment on current times, but final strike on one of my earlier characters was for shouting a relatively innocuous URL. I can't remember the exact url, but it was community related(maybe Kaeko's blog, or a bluegartr forum post) and being used to support an argument about game mechanics. The GM stated that it could be an attempt to infect others with malware.

Granted, I was quite a *** as a teenager and I certainly would've ended up banned one way or the other, it felt pretty unfair. So, there's absolutely been a period of time where URLs were illegal, and it wouldn't surprise me if it hasn't changed.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-07-11 10:55:56
Link | Citer | R

well, to be frank br0sale keeps advertising some weird giberish that implies a web address.

though, im sure every yell is made from a different char.