Catastrophe + Ratri +1 Set - Lua Question

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Catastrophe + Ratri +1 Set - Lua Question
Catastrophe + Ratri +1 Set - Lua Question
By Galkapryme 2019-12-27 00:49:40
Link | Citer | R

Is there a way to create a condition/argument where, if you equip the Ratri +1 set prior to Catastrophe, that it can stay equipped until HP gets down to 25-30%?

I don't want my Ratri +1 set as my engaged set, but it seems like a waste to immediately go back to the engaged set immediately after Catastrophe if I have 2000-2500 extra HP.
By SimonSes 2019-12-27 03:27:24
Link | Citer | R

It has no sense to keep hp just because it looks nice. You lose a lot of dps in Ratri. If you need meva in your tp set just make a hybrid set with Ratri and use it when needed.
By Galkapryme 2019-12-27 03:30:17
Link | Citer | R

Was thinking more of the constant high HP I could maintain with that strong armor by dropping Catastrophe back to back. With Last Resort, Haste, and March I can cap haste and wreck ***without worrying about losing much HP.
By Taint 2019-12-27 05:52:44
Link | Citer | R

Its still a huge DPS loss to use Ratri over MA/STP options.

SimonSes gave you the best option with making a hybrid set in Ratri and just toggling it on. The only other option would be to use Apoc AM as a rule to equip it when AM is up. Again neither of these have a practical use.
By Galkapryme 2019-12-27 09:34:46
Link | Citer | R

Now you've got me curious. Despite not having native STP, I am very curious about the DPS in perfect storm scenarios (i.e., COR rolls, Haste, Songs, Last Resort, and Apoc AM). I actually feel like it would be fun testing (regardless of who is right about what gear). I've never tested anything before.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-12-27 10:44:05
Link | Citer | R

There’s really nothing to test when it will cripple your DPS, even under perfect conditions. The only time I use Ratri+1 pieces is when I mix and match them with DT gear to maintain high HP when ***hits the fan and I swap to Apoc.
[+]
By Galkapryme 2019-12-28 08:21:06
Link | Citer | R

Apoc is my main (pretty much only). I currently only use Ratri for WS, and not the full set.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [286 days between previous and next post]
By bombsdiggity 2020-10-09 20:34:30
Link | Citer | R

Ratri is an AMAZING way to end up with 0 HP. especially if you're using apoc DSNV MB Drain 3 and have high hp and switch to gear that doesn't get you killed man...
 Shiva.Anoq
Serveur: Shiva
user: Lawson
By Shiva.Anoq 2020-10-09 20:40:20
Link | Citer | R

I'm actually about to get my Apoc shortly, so we shouldn't use ratri with it? I admit I was always concerned about the HP swaps involved with using it (atm only really use the feet for certain things, but have the other pieces). What set should I be using for Cata if that's the case?
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-10-09 20:43:11
Link | Citer | R

bombsdiggity said: »
Ratri is an AMAZING way to end up with 0 HP. especially if you're using apoc DSNV MB Drain 3 and have high hp and switch to gear that doesn't get you killed man...

If you mix and match some Ratri pieces with DT, it’s actually a pretty fantastic high HP, high MEVA set to pair with Apoc. Being able to maintain 4000+ HP when ***hits the fan and you can keep whatever at bay until your group recovers is always an impressive feat.
[+]
 Asura.Friedrik
Serveur: Asura
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-10-09 21:15:27
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Anoq said: »
I'm actually about to get my Apoc shortly, so we shouldn't use ratri with it? I admit I was always concerned about the HP swaps involved with using it (atm only really use the feet for certain things, but have the other pieces). What set should I be using for Cata if that's the case?

They're talking about staying in ratri in a TP set, not WS sets. Ratri is 100% fine for relevant scythe WS
[+]
 Shiva.Anoq
Serveur: Shiva
user: Lawson
By Shiva.Anoq 2020-10-09 21:21:05
Link | Citer | R

kk ty for clarification :)