Forum » FFXI » General » December 2019 Version Update
December 2019 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12
By ScaevolaBahamut 2019-12-10 16:11:15
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Asura.Aeonova said: »
People talking about PLD main healing parties and I'm over here like:

When you're doing like, an Ambuscade with the people who happen to be on the LS, it's great to have options to not need another healer. Nobody's saying it beats WHM in all things healing, or that it's good for all situations (say, something with tons of status effects to deal with, where WHM would be better than your support/WHMs). Just that it can do a good enough job to make some setups/tasks more doable without a separate healer.

PLD BRD GEO COR DD DD: cool, extra DPS slot!

I'm super intrigued that instead of locking in on "how can we make PLD be a replacement for RUN" in certain situations for that one "tank slot", they took a very clever approach of allowing PLD to situationally replace WHM (1 party slot filling what it typically 2 roles). Potentially giving you a whole extra slot is a hefty advantage that RUN doesn't have.

And hey, a curing holy knight works lore wise too.

Also interesting that, as I saw someone else mentioned, it sets up somewhat of a dichotomy where PLD works really nicely with melee parties with high enmity curaga healing everyone while helping to tank. And RUN is more desirable for parties with ranged/magical damage (Gambit/Rayke to boost damage, people not in range for curagas, etc.).

Yeah, like, the goal here was obviously to make PLD the more desirable tank for when you don't have a WHM, with the side benefit of making WHMs maybe sliiiiightly less mandatory than they are right now. Got a PLD? Bring a RDM or SCH or even a DNC you just Cover constantly!

Maybe that gets people interested and maybe it doesn't, but this is a much, much better vision for the job than locking it in an arms race with RUN that it can never win.
[+]
 Asura.Seizan
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Seiza
By Asura.Seizan 2019-12-10 16:32:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
People talking about PLD main healing parties and I'm over here like:

230? 236 or go back to your MH!
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-12-10 16:39:41
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-12-10 17:09:18
Link | Citer | R

I'd love to see where I'm missing stats to get a 236 base Bar spell. If it's some weird Oseem augment that you have to script for to get BIS with over 1,000+ stones then I'm gonna have to hard pass. I havn't been paying much attention since I hit 230 a long time ago though.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Serveur: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-12-10 17:25:49
Link | Citer | R

Relic leg +3
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Serveur: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-12-10 17:59:39
Link | Citer | R

Next they will remove Phalanx from Run.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2019-12-10 20:29:35
Link | Citer | R

Is it me just having bad luck or did something break? I've been killing frogs and pugils in marjami for an hour and still haven't gotten a rock to enter delve
 Bismarck.Sterk
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-12-10 20:37:06
Link | Citer | R

Pugils don't actually drop Delve rocks, so you're only getting chances at a drop from the toads.
http://ffxidb.com/items/8755
Just sounds like bad luck, though. I've gone over half an hour without getting rocks as well. Personally I farm the flytraps/rabbits at the border between E-11/E-12 when I need Marjami rocks
[+]
 Shiva.Znitch
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2019-12-10 20:40:39
Link | Citer | R

I'll feel pretty dumb if this has been posted already, but...

Domain Invasion armor cannot be delivered to same-account characters. Perhaps accessories will be different, but it seems unlikely and a continuation of the pattern established with all new content since HTBF Odin.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2019-12-10 20:40:49
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the info, and one finally dropped off a frog after so long ;;
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-10 20:51:19
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Znitch said: »
Domain Invasion armor cannot be delivered to same-account characters. Perhaps accessories will be different, but it seems unlikely and a continuation of the pattern established with all new content since HTBF Odin.

There's a flag in the dats that says if you can same account send something, and since bg-wiki pages are procedurally generated it will say CanSendPOL in the list of flags if it has the Non Sendable flag and is sendable to chars on the same account. If it does not have the Non Sendable flag, it can be sent regardless and the CanSendPOL flag won't be set.

That said, no, the accessories can't be sent either. It's likely related to the increased incentives to have multiple 99s on the same account(omen, dynamis, trove, and now domain invasion for wyrm ash all let you bypass some form of timer by playing multiple chars). Being able to send a set of malignance around would make multiple omen and dyna too easy.
[+]
 Shiva.Znitch
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2019-12-10 21:07:03
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
CanSendPOL

Ah, I definitely looked past that when I was comparing items earlier. Thanks for the info ^^
 Bismarck.Ringoko
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2019-12-10 21:46:47
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Lenus said: »
Is it me just having bad luck or did something break? I've been killing frogs and pugils in marjami for an hour and still haven't gotten a rock to enter delve

Try killing the butterly/moth groups near the frogs in marjami with high th. SW of #2 I think... Those typically put out for me.
 Bismarck.Xurion
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-12-11 03:35:35
Link | Citer | R

Why are Domain Points not listed in currencies/currencies 2? -_-
By Pantafernando 2019-12-11 03:52:17
Link | Citer | R

Probably there wasnt time to review that menu.

Should be added in next updates
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-12-11 05:26:23
Link | Citer | R

Unrelated to topic:
[+]
By volkom 2019-12-11 08:05:39
Link | Citer | R

I'm sitting in a hotel lobby in Boston, it's cold af out and all I'm thinking of is my hero academia while reading the posts.

It's like the moto for PLD is "one for all" where they can tank and support the party and it's "all for one" with DRK cuz we're greedy and want every buff and/or dedicated healer.

*sips coffee*

I'm peeved that there wasnt any other cool job changes but oh well...
 Asura.Gesetz
user: Cptjoe
By Asura.Gesetz 2019-12-11 10:18:20
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »
I'm sitting in a hotel lobby in Boston, it's cold af out and all I'm thinking of is my hero academia while reading the posts.

It's like the moto for PLD is "one for all" where they can tank and support the party and it's "all for one" with DRK cuz we're greedy and want every buff and/or dedicated healer.

*sips coffee*

I'm peeved that there wasnt any other cool job changes but oh well...

RUN already claimed one for all with their JA. Also, is it greedy when we deserve every buff? The party should consider themselves lucky for getting the opportunity to buff us.
[+]
By volkom 2019-12-11 10:20:46
Link | Citer | R

You right :3
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-11 11:19:30
Link | Citer | R

Did they increase the max number of people that can be in Unity chat this update? I haven't gotten a too full message since the update hit.
By SimonSes 2019-12-11 11:41:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
Did they increase the max number of people that can be in Unity chat this update? I haven't gotten a too full message since the update hit.

Im getting it on all 3 chars in Yoran Unity and Im on Bahamut lol.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-11 11:42:56
Link | Citer | R

I couldn't get into it yesterday morning on Leviathan / Yoran-Oran. Seems fine today. Never noticed being locked out of it in the past(but also didn't care much), so not much frame of reference.

We got wisdom sometime before 136 kills, so guessing it's probably just going to be a blessing every 60 with a predefined order.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-12-11 12:52:17
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-11 22:28:39
Link | Citer | R

179 kills pulled up mercy in ruaun on leviathan, so definitely appears to be every 60
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-12-11 22:56:47
Link | Citer | R

Yoran's only been like 3rd/4th place last few weeks on Asura, and it's always full lol
By Draylo 2019-12-12 01:34:58
Link | Citer | R

Most are in Apururu
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-12-22 19:53:09
Link | Citer | R

Is tomorrow the first possible day to buy wyrm ash? 23rd after jp midnight.

Can't wait to see what it sells for.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-12-22 22:54:29
Link | Citer | R

Caerda said: »
I'll be getting mine tomorrow, going to bazaar it for 30M and see what happens...
30M a little low for something that takes so long to get, right?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-12-22 23:04:52
Link | Citer | R

It takes time but literally zero effort, so what's a fair price. Though as ***to call. Cause you KNOW morons will pay 100m. But you also know that there are hundreds of alts getting ashes.... so.... it'd be a hell of a game to guess the right price.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12