ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
First Page 2 3 ... 46 47 48 ... 142 143 144
 Cerberus.Hideka
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-03-12 09:14:03
Link | Citer | R

no matter what trump does, the market is going to free fall at this point.

this is an inevitable. the disruption from this disease is unprecedented. everyones all "ERMERGERD THE DOW IS DROPPING", ninety percent of people dont even know what the *** DOW is. Of course its tanking. well over Half of the Companies Listed in the Average base ALL OF THEIR PRODUCTION OUT OF CHINA. China cant produce, therefore it cant make money therefore our DOW Stonks will fall hard.

Welcome to the dangers of putting every single piece of manufacturing in a forigen state. Know whos doing pretty ok right now? PEOPLE WITH AMERICAN FACTORIES.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-03-12 09:15:45
Link | Citer | R

Nah, no one is "doing pretty ok" right now. Sure, the reliance on China is once again rearing its ugly head, but no one is "doing ok" atm.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-03-12 09:22:10
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Nah, no one is "doing pretty ok" right now. Sure, the reliance on China is once again rearing its ugly head, but no one is "doing ok" atm.

let me rephrase that- They arent being impacted as bad, and will have a much quicker recovery. everythings going to tank because of panic selling. thats inevitible. investors have two choices and thats to GMO (Get me out), and buy on the rebound, or ride it out.

This will be the next 30-90 days in america. we wont see improvement until a FDA Approved Vaccination hits OR we see a decline in infection rates.

The issue is this is a Tri-phasic virus, with two to four weeks of incubation time, can survive on surfaces for two to four weeks, and can be transmitted asymptomatically both through respritory and mucus membrane. it has the potential to be one of the most infectious diseases we will ever see in our lifetimes, and that has people terrified. untill that fear gets abated or lessened, nothing trump does, or can do, will stop the market free fall.

Him improving the liquidity of the market,federal capital, and worker capital, is probably the best call anyone could have made. Halting travel from china, Absolutely slowed the spread in america. we see that with europe who refused to ban travel, and is weeks ahead of us in this process. Delaying this by even a day has immense benefits, because it puts us one day closer to a viable solution.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-03-12 09:26:56
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Hideka said: »
Know whos doing pretty ok right now? PEOPLE WITH AMERICAN FACTORIES.
Boeing says "hold my beer."
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-03-12 09:30:58
Link | Citer | R

an FDA approved vaccine is a year+ away. We are undersupplied on testing kits, thats our core problem. We have underdiagnosed the amount of cases, there are likely thousands of unconfirmed cases in the US right now. Banning travel to Europe, after a vast majority of European flights were being cancelled, and Americans had already self imposed their own travel ban, is not going to do anything. The virus is already here. Common sense has stopped people from traveling, making it official, while presenting no real economic solutions, only made things worse.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-03-12 09:36:09
Link | Citer | R

an FDA approved vaccine is a year+ away. We are undersupplied on testing kits, thats our core problem. We have underdiagnosed the amount of cases, there are likely thousands of unconfirmed cases in the US right now. Banning travel to Europe, after a vast majority of European flights were being cancelled, and Americans had already self imposed their own travel ban, is not going to do anything. The virus is already here. Common sense has stopped people from traveling, making it official, while presenting no real economic solutions, only made things worse.

all valid points; However the FDA was instructed to relax the requirements. What that entails i do not know. As with any medicine not understanding the risks unfortunately does outweigh the benefits. 'hey have this vacciene that we barely tested, oh no you gots the tism!! the antivaxxers were right!'.

all i know is that i'm happy i read the cards right on this one and pulled everything, and moved my 401 to a MM account back in january.

this is definately going to drive a resurgance of american industrialisim, and likely global redundancy on supply. In the end i think this is going to probably drive our markets up even higher than they are today, but thats probably a year or two of recovery away.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-03-12 09:52:45
Link | Citer | R

I also moved my stocks around in January when I saw this thing pop up, anytime anything pops up in China, its going to spread over here.

Also, Trump has now latched onto the talking point of a payroll tax cut, and will likely attack Dems nonstop for not supporting it. Here is the problem with that: Republicans don't support it either. Fox News is searching high and low for people to talk it up, but its not happening. Thats not a solution, especially if people are staying home from work. Just like the Fed cutting interest rates had no effect. People aren't paying interest if they are staying home.

Congress is going to pass a bill providing financial relief for us, the House could pass it today, but no one is considering a payroll tax cut.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-12 09:58:59
Link | Citer | R

Wow, in his desire to do something BIG, Trump staged an Oval Office speech (that he botched and had to clean up on Twitter) and announced a European travel ban. The result? No effect on the coronavirus spread and another stock market plunge. Hope it was worth it.

Like I said, there is literally nothing Trump can do that you would think was a good move. It’s just another cycle of people offering no solutions themselves but badmouthing the guy they are preprogrammed to hate.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-03-12 09:59:18
Link | Citer | R

I was under the impression it was a payroll tax forbearance for businesses rather than a cut? i know he was floating a individual level tax cut as well, and that makes sense - improves the average persons funds on hand, to help spending. its a stop gap for sure to try and float the market a little longer and cushion the fall for sure.

I think his solutions are largely sound here, but a direct cut of payroll tax for employers wont help much. a forbearance with 0 interest for six months makes MUCH more sense for employers in my opinion, but i cant pretend to be a market savant; there may be factors at play here that i dont quite grasp. Now cutting for the employee? Makes a world of sense to me.
By Viciouss 2020-03-12 10:03:21
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Wow, in his desire to do something BIG, Trump staged an Oval Office speech (that he botched and had to clean up on Twitter) and announced a European travel ban. The result? No effect on the coronavirus spread and another stock market plunge. Hope it was worth it.

Like I said, there is literally nothing Trump can do that you would think was a good move. It’s just another cycle of people offering no solutions themselves but badmouthing the guy they are preprogrammed to hate.

Yea, nice spin. As the markets are crashing because of your guy.

I was under the impression it was a payroll tax forbearance for businesses rather than a cut? i know he was floating a individual level tax cut as well, and that makes sense - improves the average persons funds on hand, to help spending. its a stop gap for sure to try and float the market a little longer and cushion the fall for sure.

I think his solutions are largely sound here, but a direct cut of payroll tax for employers wont help much. a forbearance with 0 interest for six months makes MUCH more sense for employers in my opinion, but i cant pretend to be a market savant; there may be factors at play here that i dont quite grasp. Now cutting for the employee? Makes a world of sense to me.

Its a payroll tax cut for employers. Its DoA. Even the Republicans have said no. The House is working on something to help the individuals.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-03-12 10:07:28
Link | Citer | R

theres Critical, and then theres orange man bad.

Its important to know which you are talking to. he doesnt strike me as just an "orange man bad" type, while you dont strike me as the GEOTUS type.

i think you both have valid points in this, and probably could come to a common understanding.

His point is that trumps actions, from his perception, were hollow, pointless actions.

your point is that no matter what he did, people are going to find a flaw.

both are correct, both are incorrect.

On His points being Correct:

Where he is correct, is that trumps speech did not allay any fears, or protect the market. that however, was very likely inevitable. people are absolutely in a justified panic over this. its entirely possible that his speech did have some mitigating effects on this.

Where he's incorrect:

Trumps action on halting travel is actually very sound- yes we have it here in america, and its spreading- What we want to avoid is pockets of NEW strains, or mutated strains in existing communites from happening. In this regard it makes a ton of sense.

E.G. Just here in virginia, less than a hundred miles from richmond, someone came back from a trip in europe, and has become the seed for a new infection pocket, that is probably less than a week from shutting down richmond city, and two weeks at best from shutting down DC.

Had we shut down Eurotravel a week sooner, and hard quarantined anyone returning, this would have been avoided.

Where you are correct
there are absolutely "ORANGE MAN BAD NOMATTER WHAT" types.

Where you are incorrect

i think he has a valid set of concerns, and while he could be completely anti-trump, his current argument does still have merits.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-12 10:27:25
Link | Citer | R

You are so full of crap. Trump isn’t crashing the markets and you know it.
By Viciouss 2020-03-12 10:31:11
Link | Citer | R

My original post today summed it up. Why even have a speech last night Trump? The WH staff was divided on whether it should happen, we were getting plenty of reports that Trump wanted to do something BIG but a hastily thrown together speech was not a good idea. By staging it, he raised expectations that an economic solution was going to be presented.

When that failed to occur, disappointment ensued. But maybe everything would have been ok if that was the only failure. His travel ban was confusing, and inaccurate. The WH, and later Trump on twitter, had to clarify what was meant. He also confused the medical industry when he promised free treatment, they had to clarify for him, free testing. Not free treatment.

That speech was a failure. It should never have happened, Trump just wants MAXIMUM CREDIT for everything. He put Pence "in charge", but does anyone actually see Pence being in charge? Its impossible for Trump's ego to let anyone else call the shots. He is an idiot, and his ego has made this situation a lot worse. Its not the Dems, and its not the media. Its Trump.
By Viciouss 2020-03-12 10:31:49
Link | Citer | R

Yes, Trump crashed the market today. Immediately after his failed speech, Dow futures plummeted. Sorry, not a coincidence. Keep on spinning.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-12 10:33:02
Link | Citer | R

theres Critical, and then theres orange man bad.

Its important to know which you are talking to. he doesnt strike me as just an "orange man bad" type, while you dont strike me as the GEOTUS type.

i think you both have valid points in this, and probably could come to a common understanding.

His point is that trumps actions, from his perception, were hollow, pointless actions.

your point is that no matter what he did, people are going to find a flaw.

both are correct, both are incorrect.

On His points being Correct:

Where he is correct, is that trumps speech did not allay any fears, or protect the market. that however, was very likely inevitable. people are absolutely in a justified panic over this. its entirely possible that his speech did have some mitigating effects on this.

Where he's incorrect:

Trumps action on halting travel is actually very sound- yes we have it here in america, and its spreading- What we want to avoid is pockets of NEW strains, or mutated strains in existing communites from happening. In this regard it makes a ton of sense.

E.G. Just here in virginia, less than a hundred miles from richmond, someone came back from a trip in europe, and has become the seed for a new infection pocket, that is probably less than a week from shutting down richmond city, and two weeks at best from shutting down DC.

Had we shut down Eurotravel a week sooner, and hard quarantined anyone returning, this would have been avoided.

Where you are correct
there are absolutely "ORANGE MAN BAD NOMATTER WHAT" types.

Where you are incorrect

i think he has a valid set of concerns, and while he could be completely anti-trump, his current argument does still have merits.

Post in here more and give it time. Vic is a circle-the-wagons for every Dem no matter what kind of guy. He will not say any bad about them, and he will not say any good about Republicans or anything they do (unless they’re RINOs going against the party). Whatever the Leftist media take is on any topic, that’s his argument.

I do appreciate you trying to be measured, here, so I won’t try to burst the bubble any further. We could use more of that, but experience has made me cynical.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-03-12 10:33:17
Link | Citer | R

i've got to take his side on this one; the market is gonna tank no matter what anyone in the white house does in this setting.

Wall off the contry and ban all travel everywhere? STONKS DOWN.
Leave the country open and Embrace the Zombie Virus? STONKS DOWN
Play the middle ground while trying to minimize the impact to the market and the people simultaneously? STONKS DOWN.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-12 10:34:07
Link | Citer | R

Yes, Trump crashed the market today. Immediately after his failed speech, Dow futures plummeted. Sorry, not a coincidence. Keep on spinning.

Yeah, because they were just going to go up a million points if it wasn’t for that dastardly Trump!!!!!
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-03-12 10:35:19
Link | Citer | R

people forget- trump does not dictate the market. He can encourage it to go a certain way, but if its going to tank (and this situation is a tank prone situation by any measure), its gonna tank no matter what.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-12 10:35:28
Link | Citer | R

i've got to take his side on this one; the market is gonna tank no matter what anyone in the white house does in this setting.

Play the middle ground while trying to minimize the impact to the market and the people simultaneously? STONKS DOWN.

Well, fine, but if everything you can possibly do is wrong, then maybe you’re not the problem.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-03-12 10:39:32
Link | Citer | R

thats not proof positive of your claim however. They've been tanking this entire time, and pretending that the drop is not directly correlated with OTHER big happenings (E.G. the official declaration of a pandemic, which to my knowledge hasnt happened in a VERY long time in america. in fact the last true pandemic was the Flu Pandemic in 1968. They did declare an aids pandemic, but thats not the same as its largely voluntary contraction).

all indicators were that the market would crash no matter what he said. i'm in the mindset that his actions will ultimately ease the crash, but not prevent it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-03-12 10:40:48
Link | Citer | R

Well, fine, but if everything you can possibly do is wrong, then maybe you’re not the problem.

That is precisely the point i am making. so far the steps he has taken, i truly do believe were measured, and well advised. there is only so much that can be done in this situation.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-03-12 10:46:23
Link | Citer | R

thats not proof positive of your claim however. They've been tanking this entire time, and pretending that the drop is not directly correlated with OTHER big happenings (E.G. the official declaration of a pandemic, which to my knowledge hasnt happened in a VERY long time in america. in fact the last true pandemic was the Flu Pandemic in 1968. They did declare an aids pandemic, but thats not the same as its largely voluntary contraction).

all indicators were that the market would crash no matter what he said. i'm in the mindset that his actions will ultimately ease the crash, but not prevent it.

The markets went UP on Tuesday after Trump and Congress just put a few ideas out there. All he has to do is BE SILENT for a while, something that is clearly beyond him. This a situation where no news is good news when it comes to the WH. I mean, all the confusion today, and Pence just gets out there and says there is no confusion after Trump's failed address. Really? Then why so many clarifications? I get it, Pence is a lapdog, so what if he has 100% job security, no standing up to Trump, ever.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-12 10:48:15
Link | Citer | R

The markets went UP on Tuesday after Trump and Congress just put a few ideas out there.

Bro, not everything that happens in the markets hinges on the words of politicians. There are a lot of factors at play. Correlation isn’t causation.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-03-12 10:49:07
Link | Citer | R

The markets went UP on Tuesday after Trump and Congress just put a few ideas out there. All he has to do is BE SILENT for a while, something that is clearly beyond him. This a situation where no news is good news when it comes to the WH. I mean, all the confusion today, and Pence just gets out there and says there is no confusion after Trump's failed address. Really? Then why so many clarifications? I get it, Pence is a lapdog, so what if he has 100% job security, no standing up to Trump, ever.

uh.....

I have to ask, but did you miss the World Health Orginization classifiying this as an official pandemic yesterday? It would have been derelict and irresponsible for the president to NOT say anything.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-03-12 10:51:51
Link | Citer | R

uh.....

I have to ask, but did you miss the World Health Orginization classifiying this as an official pandemic yesterday? It would have been derelict and irresponsible for the president to NOT say anything.

Yes, I said Tuesday, not Wednesday. Also, the last time the WHO said something, Trump immediately disputed it, and Rav backed him of course, because thats what he does, even if it flies in the face of medical professionals.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-12 10:52:30
Link | Citer | R

uh.....

Seriously. I can see the headlines if Trump said nothing. Variations of “Trump Doesn’t Care” and “Trump is Afraid” and “What Is Trump Hiding?”
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-12 10:54:27
Link | Citer | R

uh.....

Yes, I said Tuesday, not Wednesday. Also, the last time the WHO said something, Trump immediately disputed it, and Rav backed him of course, because thats what he does, even if it flies in the face of medical professionals.

Can you use specifics, because I’m not even sure what it is you think I backed.
By Viciouss 2020-03-12 10:55:34
Link | Citer | R

Oh jeez, Trump is talking right now, lying his *** off.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-03-12 11:01:10
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, because they were just going to go up a million points if it wasn’t for that dastardly Trump!!!!!

There ya go Hideka, the "orange man bad" mentality just emerged.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-12 11:02:30
Link | Citer | R

he doesnt strike me as just an "orange man bad" type

Vic is trying hard to prove Hideka wrong today.
First Page 2 3 ... 46 47 48 ... 142 143 144