ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 142 143 144
 Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2020-02-23 03:20:05
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »
In this economy if you don't have a job it's either because you don't want one or you're holding out for some dumbass job for your degree like interpretative dance.

Job's market favors the worker right now.
literally no work where i live and i don't have the money to move unless i lived in a tent outside of my job in the city... ***sucks here with 5 gas stations, 1 grocery store, and 2 (half sized) fast food places that reside within 2 of the 5 gas stations, all of which have a skeleton crew and will not hire me (believe me I've been pestering them nonstop)
 Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2020-02-23 03:21:18
Link | Citer | R

fcuk... PAGED!!!

[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2020-02-23 08:10:13
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Endoq said: »
In this economy if you don't have a job it's either because you don't want one or you're holding out for some dumbass job for your degree like interpretative dance.

Job's market favors the worker right now.
literally no work where i live and i don't have the money to move unless i lived in a tent outside of my job in the city... ***sucks here with 5 gas stations, 1 grocery store, and 2 (half sized) fast food places that reside within 2 of the 5 gas stations, all of which have a skeleton crew and will not hire me (believe me I've been pestering them nonstop)

It's too late for you as you've long since the windows where you could interject positive momentum into your life. At best, if you were to apply yourself and bust your *** off, you might live in a semi-stable low income lifestyle.

The biggest lie we bought was that we could do whatever we wanted in our youths, then "grow up" when we got older. By the time we are "older", it's difficult to change trajectory and people instead just ask for handouts and complain. There were multiple paths and opportunities throughout your life, starting in your preteen and early teenage years and you ignored them. Otherwise you wouldn't consider grocery stores and gas stations as positive employment opportunities.
By fonewear 2020-02-23 08:54:06
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
I think Bernie and Trump will both have s heart attack on election day and America will descend into chaos as scientists rush to create hybrid androids out of their brains and then there'll be a King Kong like situation where they both scale the statue of liberty and one knocks the other to the death and declare themself president for eternity

Hoping Bernie turns to the cameras at the next debate and endorses Depends diapers.
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
Serveur: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-02-23 09:21:38
Link | Citer | R

The issue is the cost of living.

Politically one side says “look wages have gone up 1.5~3.5% so workers should be happy”

The other side says “but 3.5% isn’t enough to counter the cost of living and inflation”

Both sides are right.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/02/great-affordability-crisis-breaking-america/606046/

Is a good read that highlights the issue.
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2020-02-23 15:19:25
Link | Citer | R

Because there is no way you can raise minimum wage and not have inflation..it is ungodly impossible. Businesses aren't going to be like "well I should just take this loss." Cost are ALWAYS passed on to consumer. When we hit this early stage of increased minimum wage for food workers in NY that all these adults were moaning about, they got their hours cut or fired. Now our McDanks is all kiosk order stations and 1 counter person to assist. You don't even have the option to order with a person in store anymore.

Just like Bernie Bros... people can't live off $10 an hour they need $15..but then you tax them 52% so they make less than $7... Like are you HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE?

Here in NY it is now to expensive to eat out. We went to Olive Garden not long ago and 3 pasta dishes with no appetizers was $67 before tips for 3 people. I can afford it but how many people can't? I just use that for an example. Like our fast food gigs gave up their $1 menus here in NY and a big mac is like $6-7 for just a sandwich.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-02-23 16:31:01
Link | Citer | R

Here in NY it is now to expensive to eat out. We went to Olive Garden not long ago and 3 pasta dishes with no appetizers was $67 before tips for 3 people. I can afford it but how many people can't? I just use that for an example. Like our fast food gigs gave up their $1 menus here in NY and a big mac is like $6-7 for just a sandwich.
Pardon my snark but that's part of the cost of living equations.

Your pay goes up 3.5%, groceries go up 7%, eating out goes up 20%, health insurance premiums go up 15%, as to rent fagedaboutit. Even if you are buying a house RE taxes, utilities, and services all go up.

Are you ahead or loosing ground?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-02-23 17:45:11
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Pardon my snark but that's part of the cost of living equations.

Your pay goes up 3.5%, groceries go up 7%, eating out goes up 20%, health insurance premiums go up 15%, as to rent fagedaboutit. Even if you are buying a house RE taxes, utilities, and services all go up.

Are you ahead or loosing ground?

What do all three of those things have in common?

Regulations under President Obama.

Rent / mortgage is a function of units available (supply) vs buyers available (demand). Urban areas tend to vote liberal, who then turn around in enact a bunch of onerous regulations that either make it impossible to build new housing or make it so expensive that developers don't want to do it. This in turn drives the value of current property owners sky high with the effect of making new ownership expensive. The purpose of these regulations is precisely to drive prices up, it's why they get elected in the first place. The long term effect is a severe housing shortage.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-02-24 06:21:42
Link | Citer | R

Just like Bernie Bros... people can't live off $10 an hour they need $15..but then you tax them 52% so they make less than $7... Like are you HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE?

I see you get your numbers from made up Facebook memes that go viral that are designed to scare people inaccurate information.

Look it up for yourself, don’t just take my word for it: Bernie has only proposed a 52% tax on anyone making over 10M a year. That’s 52% on any earnings after the first 10million.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/02/sanders-didnt-call-for-52-tax-on-29000-incomes/

Don’t fall for fake ***you see circulating on social media.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2020-02-24 07:07:22
Link | Citer | R

Because there is no way you can raise minimum wage and not have inflation..it is ungodly impossible. Businesses aren't going to be like "well I should just take this loss." Cost are ALWAYS passed on to consumer. When we hit this early stage of increased minimum wage for food workers in NY that all these adults were moaning about, they got their hours cut or fired. Now our McDanks is all kiosk order stations and 1 counter person to assist. You don't even have the option to order with a person in store anymore.

Sounds like you need more immigration. How do you think we keep costs down in the UK?

Who do you think works in our coffee shops, fast food chains? Where do you think 90% of our waitresses come from? Shop assistants? I could go on and on.

Hint: They're not ethnically British.
Slore's post isn't really related to immigrant workers working for pennies (which is illegal and would be hella noticeable in McDonalds). It's more related to automating the work place, in a similar vein as self-checkouts heavily replacing cashiers everywhere. Why pay a human to do a cashier's job when the machine will pay for itself within a year or so, never call out sick, never ask for time off, never ask for a raise, and never take breaks?

The higher we make the legal minimum wage, the more enthusiastically corporations will lean towards automation and robotics. Whether they have to reftrofit or bear in mind that the automation needs to be able to take cash is one thing, but a lot of jobs are disappearing regardless.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-02-24 09:21:01
Link | Citer | R

Leaning towards automation has nothing to do with increasing minimum wage since getting a machine to do the job is cheaper than paying a human and all the extra expenses that go with it in the long run.

There’s new jobs that are created in servicing automation and advancing automation but let’s stop pretending that automation isn’t an inevitability in pursuit of increasing profits and cutting expenses.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-02-24 10:08:54
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Zerowone said: »
Leaning towards automation has nothing to do with increasing minimum wage since getting a machine to do the job is cheaper than paying a human and all the extra expenses that go with it in the long run.

There’s new jobs that are created in servicing automation and advancing automation but let’s stop pretending that automation isn’t an inevitability in pursuit of increasing profits and cutting expenses.

Yes, but higher wages increase the incentive to switch to automation. It basically expedites the process, which is a problem if there isn’t already a plan in place to address it. “Well it was going to happen anyway” isn’t an excuse for poor planning.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-02-24 10:29:07
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Yes, but higher wages increase the incentive to switch to automation. It basically expedites the process, which is a problem if there isn’t already a plan in place to address it. “Well it was going to happen anyway” isn’t an excuse for poor planning.

Wait.. how can anyone think that cost of human labour isn't competing with the cost of machine labour? The higher the human cost the greater the incentive to replace that human with a machine or computer. Machine automation is extremely capital intensive, not just the cost to purchase but also the cost to research and develop. Problems with machine's are expensive to fix requiring more research and code changes. People costs can be as cheap as a piece of paper saying "do X then Y".

Cranking up the costs of humans makes that capital investment and expense very attractive.
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-02-24 10:37:56
Link | Citer | R

Yeah maybe that’s why automation has been a thing since the 70’s. Machines replacing people on production lines, traffic lights replacing traffic attendants, flight systems with global positioning and automated piloting are just a couple examples... you need to wake up if you think it’s an excuse for “poor planning” or that the process can be slowed with economic policy.

Hell we can render statisticians obsolete with basic scripts to generate detailed and specific reports.
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-02-24 10:54:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Wait.. how can anyone think that cost of human labour isn't competing with the cost of machine labour? The higher the human cost the greater the incentive to replace that human with a machine or computer. Machine automation is extremely capital intensive, not just the cost to purchase but also the cost to research and develop. Problems with machine's are expensive to fix requiring more research and code changes. People costs can be as cheap as a piece of paper saying "do X then Y".

Cranking up the costs of humans makes that capital investment and expense very attractive.

You have a very naive stance with regard to Capitalism and what is going on in the 21st century let alone how machines work.

When you fix a machine you aren’t addressing it’s code. Just a mechanical component. If a programmable service crashes you can script the machine to reboot. No industrial machine with faulty code is released into production. Think about you’re saying.

There is no competitive cost when you analyze consistency. We are nowhere near consistent when compared to automation.

Inconsistencies cost more in the long run and impact the bottom line in ways that even low wages can’t mitigate.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-02-24 11:31:07
Link | Citer | R

Yeah maybe that’s why automation has been a thing since the 70’s. Machines replacing people on production lines, traffic lights replacing traffic attendants, flight systems with global positioning and automated piloting are just a couple examples... you need to wake up if you think it’s an excuse for “poor planning” or that the process can be slowed with economic policy.

Hell we can render statisticians obsolete with basic scripts to generate detailed and specific reports.

Okay, I think you missed my point. If your specific policy drives a predictable outcome, you need to plan for that outcome. I doubt the $15 an hour wage pushes tasks envisioned that they would be accelerating the rate of people losing jobs to automation, and therefore never accounted for the associated problems... or they did envision it and just didn’t care.

And lol at the “simple scripts” replacing statisticians. I don’t expect you to understand what it is we actually do, but you’ll need a lot more than “detailed and specific reports” to put me out of a job. I’ll start to worry when we have full-blown human-mimicking A.I.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-02-24 11:59:34
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Need someone to spin those reports!
You’re not wrong!

And seriously, I automate my own reports do I don’t have to waste time on that nonsense. Putting a statistician on basic reports is like putting a surgeon on clinic duty. Yeah, they can do it, but their talents are best used to tackle more complex problems.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-02-24 12:06:55
Link | Citer | R

And seriously, I automate my own reports do I don’t have to waste time on that nonsense. Putting a statistician on basic reports is like putting a surgeon on clinic duty. Yeah, they can do it, but their talents are best used to tackle more complex problems.

Tell that to Ben Carson!
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-02-24 12:08:10
Link | Citer | R

Okay, I think you missed my point. If your specific policy drives a predictable outcome, you need to plan for that outcome. I doubt the $15 an hour wage pushes tasks envisioned that they would be accelerating the rate of people losing jobs to automation, and therefore never accounted for the associated problems... or they did envision it and just didn’t care.

And lol at the “simple scripts” replacing statisticians. I don’t expect you to understand what it is we actually do, but you’ll need a lot more than “detailed and specific reports” to put me out of a job. I’ll start to worry when we have full-blown human-mimicking A.I.
Not long then

Heh. Depends on what prediction you’re looking at. If you asked people in 1960, we’d be in flying cars and taking vacations on Mars by now. I’ll believe in the A.I. singularity when I see it.
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-02-24 12:28:56
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Tell that to Ben Carson!

Quote:

I already won the lottery. I was born in America and know the Lord

- “Ben Carson”

Quote:

I will replace your mouth with a flame thrower... so U can in fact, spit hot fire.

I will replace your medulla oblongata with a live stream of a Filipino women unwrapping gifts on YouTube

-“Ben Bar-son”

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-02-24 13:42:36
Link | Citer | R

When you say "human intelligence", what do you mean? 2 billion out of the 7 billion people on the planet barely manage to function. Average human intelligence isn't that high.

We’re still having trouble teaching robots to walk, let alone perform other more complex motor functions on their own. We can fool advanced algorithms with simple captcha software that most people can easily figure out. Regardless of how dumb you think humanity is (I won’t fight you on it), humans in general possess critical thinking skills that robots are decades away (at the very least) from possessing.

The notion of the A.I. singularity theory is that eventually robots will learn to program themselves and other robots to be superior than they currently are, which will cause am exponential explosion of artificial intelligence. Until then, humans are technically the “smarter” group.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-02-24 14:14:31
Link | Citer | R

Nobody is really talking about A.I singularity in terms of Industrial and Commercial automation.

Designing machines to do repetitive routines with more efficiency and consistency than a human counterpart is nowhere near that realm.

But to return to point about industrial automation:

not everyone is the mythical John Henry who could out work a steam powered rock drilling machine.... even then he died in his endeavor.

Which should really hammer home that in the US the worker has been getting phased out by machines for well over a century. It’s even in our folklore.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-02-24 14:37:29
Link | Citer | R

Nobody is really talking about A.I singularity in terms of Industrial and Commercial automation.

Designing machines to do repetitive routines with more efficiency and consistency than a human counterpart is nowhere near that realm.

But to return to point about industrial automation:

not everyone is the mythical John Henry who could out work a steam powered rock drilling machine.... even then he died in his endeavor.

Which should really hammer home that in the US the worker has been getting phased out by machines for well over a century. It’s even in our folklore.

I think this fits into the whole we agree with each other but we’re arguing anyway because we’re not on the same page thing.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 142 143 144