ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
First Page 2 3 ... 139 140 141 ... 142 143 144
By Prong 2020-08-20 05:55:08
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »
lol

That is funny, though the retort leaves a lot of info out.

BFGoodrich, Cooper, Dunlop, Firestone, General, Michelin, and Yokohama currently build tires here in America...and Cooper is also an American company, so not all their competition's parent companies are owned overseas.

That being said, this is the ***he does that makes me scratch my head. Needs to stop paying attention to what every celebrity/company/person that tries to kiss up to the social media morons is saying about him. Beneath the office.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-08-20 08:46:44
Link | Citer | R

Trump goes off on another twitter rampage after Obama rips him apart in speech.

The ODS in Trump and his fandom far surpasses any TDS that I've seen.
By volkom 2020-08-20 08:53:06
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
The ODS in Trump and his fandom far surpasses any TDS that I've seen.

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-08-20 10:26:56
Link | Citer | R

Because I don't know where else to put this:

Steve Bannon, three others charged with fraud in border wall fundraising campaign
CNN

Quote:
New York federal prosecutors on Thursday charged President Donald Trump's former campaign adviser Steve Bannon and three others with defrauding donors of hundreds of thousands of dollars as part of a fundraising campaign purportedly aimed at supporting Trump's border wall.

Bannon was arrested Thursday morning, according to a spokesman for the US attorney's office. Bannon's lawyer did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Bannon will make his initial court appearance in New York later Thursday, according to the US attorney's office.

The four men are indicted for allegedly taking hundreds of thousands of dollars donated to a group called We Build the Wall and using the funds for personal expenses, among other things....
[+]
By volkom 2020-08-20 11:13:13
Link | Citer | R

good
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-08-20 11:46:58
Link | Citer | R

How long until Trump tries to run away from his former favorite confidant?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-08-20 12:03:00
Link | Citer | R

Prong said: »
Beneath the office.

These three words sum up so much about where we're at right now.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-20 12:24:35
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
How long until Trump tries to run away from his former favorite confidant?

He could just do the same thing that the Clintons do to their ex-confidants.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-08-20 12:34:45
Link | Citer | R

Trump tries to run away from his former favorite confidant

This was an hour ago so..didn't take long.
[+]
By volkom 2020-08-20 12:37:52
Link | Citer | R

so if someone from Trump's group does something wrong/bad ~ why is it not a good thing if Trump fires them?
By Viciouss 2020-08-20 12:55:38
Link | Citer | R

It's the fact that he hired so many of these bad actors in the first place that makes Trump constantly look like an idiot. Obviously Bannons crime is well after he left, but he never should have worked in the WH to begin with.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-08-20 12:58:27
Link | Citer | R

so if someone from Trump's group does something wrong/bad ~ why is it not a good thing if Trump fires them?

One is judged by the company they keep. Bannon wasn't a saint when he was in the WH and suddenly did this.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-20 13:05:39
Link | Citer | R

It's the fact that he hired so many of these bad actors in the first place that makes Trump constantly look like an idiot. Obviously Bannons crime is well after he left, but he never should have worked in the WH to begin with.

That could be the case, or it could be confirmation bias. Increased scrutiny yields more findings.
[+]
By volkom 2020-08-20 13:16:38
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

One is judged by the company they keep. Bannon wasn't a saint when he was in the WH and suddenly did this.

true~ but why is it not a good thing if Trump does decide to get rid of them? It should be considered a good thing if Trump fires them. We can agree that some of the hires suck and we have good reason to not like them. Maybe its incompetence or maybe the administration is trying to seek something out. I can't trust the govt to not screw things up but I also believe that there's enough people to help guide decisions for the best outcome
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-08-20 13:32:32
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

That could be the case, or it could be confirmation bias. Increased scrutiny yields more findings.

If it was just say, small time infractionss that had caused so many resignations/firings, then maybe. But there have been too many crimes, some of which resulted in prison time, to be called confirmation bias. It's one thing to have a guy like Rex Tillerson, who was just an unqualified idiot. But we also have domestic offenders who are beating their girlfriend, both of which work in the WH, multiple cabinet members splurging tax payer money on luxury items, multiple cases of fraud, there has been so much scandal in the Trump WH. And most of it would have been completely avoidable with a simple vetting process, instead of the only qualification being required is loving Trump.
By Viciouss 2020-08-20 15:58:20
Link | Citer | R

Trump loses another case regarding his tax returns

Quote:
A federal judge on Thursday denied President Donald Trump’s latest attempt to quash a probe by New York prosecutors seeking his tax returns and other financial documents.

The ruling by U.S. District Judge Victor Marrero amounted to a second loss in Trump’s high-stakes court battle with Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance.

Marrero had rejected Trump’s initial attempt to block a subpoena from Vance seeking eight years of his tax returns.

The Supreme Court ruled last month that the president is not immune from a grand jury subpoena while in office but allowed him to make an alternative argument to fight it.

In his 103-page ruling, Marrero rejected Trump’s new argument that Vance’s subpoena is “wildly broad” and was issued in “bad faith.”

“At its core, it amounts to absolute immunity through a back door, an entry point through which not only a President but also potentially other persons and entities, public and private, could effectively gain cover from judicial process,” Marrero wrote.

Trump is having a rough day in the courts, this was basically a Hail Mary and of course it failed. He continues to try to hide his tax returns because they are embarrassing for him, ensuring the scandal continues to hang over his campaign.

I also found this one funny: Trump asks SCOTUS to allow him to block critics on Twitter.

Quote:
The Trump administration on Thursday asked the Supreme Court to reverse a lower court ruling that found President Trump violated the First Amendment by blocking his critics on Twitter.

The lawsuit arose in 2017 after Trump’s social media account blocked seven people who had tweeted criticism of the president in comment threads linked to his @realDonaldTrump Twitter handle.

Lower federal courts found that Trump’s twitter account, where he often weighs in on official matters, constitutes a public forum and that blocking his detractors violated their constitutional free speech protections.

In its Thursday petition to the Supreme Court, attorneys for the Justice Department (DOJ) urged the justices to overturn a unanimous ruling from a three-judge panel of the New York-based U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit against Trump.

The DOJ argued that the appeals court had erred by finding Trump’s Twitter account to be a public forum, and failed to adequately recognize that much of Trump’s social media posts constitute private rather than governmental speech.

Doomed.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-08-20 16:09:53
Link | Citer | R

true~ but why is it not a good thing if Trump does decide to get rid of them? It should be considered a good thing if Trump fires them. We can agree that some of the hires suck and we have good reason to not like them. Maybe its incompetence or maybe the administration is trying to seek something out. I can't trust the govt to not screw things up but I also believe that there's enough people to help guide decisions for the best outcome

Honestly, we should see it as a good thing, but after this many years of surrounding himself with bad people who end up in trouble with the Justice Department, all benefit of the doubt has been used up and its never seen as the right choice- its seen as the move of a desperate man trying to save himself even at the expense of a trail of bodies.

It can be the right move, but people can just have lost so much faith that even the right moves are seen as conniving and scheming vs conscience.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-20 16:24:34
Link | Citer | R

But again, how many people would have ended up in trouble with the Justice Department in previous administrations if they had the same level of scrutiny? How much wheeling and dealing has gone under the table while others turned a blind eye? As much as we like to pretend that certain organizations are run by people who are above politics, the past several years have shown that this sentiment is unjustified.

I'm not saying that Trump shouldn't have hired better, because he should have. I just think that there were a lot more closets full of skeletons that were never opened because of political expedience.
[+]
By volkom 2020-08-20 16:30:48
Link | Citer | R

Doomed.

how so? If that is considered illegal then twitter blocking him and deleting tweets should also be
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-08-20 16:36:24
Link | Citer | R

But again, how many people would have ended up in trouble with the Justice Department in previous administrations if they had the same level of scrutiny? How much wheeling and dealing has gone under the table while others turned a blind eye? As much as we like to pretend that certain organizations are run by people who are above politics, the past several years have shown that this sentiment is unjustified.

I'm not saying that Trump shouldn't have hired better, because he should have. I just think that there were a lot more closets full of skeletons that were never opened because of political expedience.

Won't argue, I'm sure a true full investigation of every administration since FDR would justify massive arrests and more. Partially the curse of the world today vs even 15 years ago, and of course one can never ignore that they're basically investigating themselves, so partisan alliances can often control how far it goes...I don't believe it affects whether such investigations happen in the first place- but I do believe those affiliations affect what happens with the results of those investigations.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-20 16:53:57
Link | Citer | R

Won't argue, I'm sure a true full investigation of every administration since FDR would justify massive arrests and more. Partially the curse of the world today vs even 15 years ago, and of course one can never ignore that they're basically investigating themselves, so partisan alliances can often control how far it goes...I don't believe it affects whether such investigations happen in the first place- but I do believe those affiliations affect what happens with the results of those investigations.

You hit on the biggest problem here. Nobody wants to investigate themselves. The investigators have a conflict of interest.

It's why good businesses keep their quality assurance and internal auditing groups separate from other groups who have a vested interest in skewing the results to make themselves look good. Personally, at the corporate level I've seen QA groups that report to the supply chain management, which makes zero sense because their bonuses are calculated by the number of products that go out the door. They're incentivized to not do their jobs.

It's really not that different with government agencies who, in theory, should be the ones enforcing laws upon those in power. Instead, the guys at the top usually got there by hobnobbing with government elites, and their jobs, funding, and/or future prospects are intertwined with their ability to keep them happy.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-08-20 17:19:54
Link | Citer | R

The Aristocracy of Pull. Thank you, Ayn Rand, for such a beautifully simple term to describe the failures of "connections" vs "competence".
By Viciouss 2020-08-20 18:07:58
Link | Citer | R

The Rob Porter scandal pushes back on this notion quite a bit. Most, if not all of the WH staff has to undergo an extensive background check by the FBI to obtain security clearance. Rob Porter failed his background check because his two wives told the FBI he abused them, and provided photographic evidence. This was some time in the summer of '17. The Feds then told the WH chief of staff and the WH counsel..and they tried to bury it. Porter was dating another WH staffer, a prominent one, Hope Hicks at the time, and she stayed deathly quiet. He held onto his job until the press broke the story in Feb '18. How does that even make sense? The fallout cost John Kelly his job as well. Obama fired Mike Flynn and Jim Mattis for a helluva lot less. How many previous administrations do you think hold onto someone like that, while knowing about it?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-20 18:44:22
Link | Citer | R

The Rob Porter scandal pushes back on this notion quite a bit. Most, if not all of the WH staff has to undergo an extensive background check by the FBI to obtain security clearance. Rob Porter failed his background check because his two wives told the FBI he abused them, and provided photographic evidence. This was some time in the summer of '17. The Feds then told the WH chief of staff and the WH counsel..and they tried to bury it. Porter was dating another WH staffer, a prominent one, Hope Hicks at the time, and she stayed deathly quiet. He held onto his job until the press broke the story in Feb '18. How does that even make sense? The fallout cost John Kelly his job as well. Obama fired Mike Flynn and Jim Mattis for a helluva lot less. How many previous administrations do you think hold onto someone like that, while knowing about it?

"Until the press broke the story." Maybe you'll see a clue in your own statement.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-08-20 18:51:26
Link | Citer | R

Nah. How long do you think a domestic abuser would have lasted in previous administrations? How many administrations do you think even hire the guy after the background check comes back with that? I think Trump is the only President that gives him a job.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-20 18:57:03
Link | Citer | R

Nah. How long do you think a domestic abuser would have lasted in previous administrations? How many administrations do you think even hire the guy after the background check comes back with that? I think Trump is the only President that gives him a job.

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but this post it dripping with naivety.
By Viciouss 2020-08-20 19:07:49
Link | Citer | R

Lol, think so? I can guarantee you this, he never steps foot in the Obama, Bush, or Clinton WH. Presidents with daughters? No way.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-20 19:29:02
Link | Citer | R

Lol, think so? I can guarantee you this, he never steps foot in the Obama, Bush, or Clinton WH. Presidents with daughters? No way.

Yeah, I can’t imagine Bill Clinton having someone on staff who abused women. He certainly didn’t hang out with anyone who was a danger to underage women either.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-08-20 20:04:52
Link | Citer | R

But again, how many people would have ended up in trouble with the Justice Department in previous administrations if they had the same level of scrutiny?
This is not just whataboutism, its imaginary whataboutism.

I am not going to say any administration of my lifetimes has not committed crimes. I will say the vast majority of the ones I know about were committed by the CIA.

Quote:
There are two things in play here.

1, They flat didn't know how to vet people. They ignored warnings about several people as well.

2, Trump is a con artist, he hires crocked people.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-08-20 20:23:57
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I can’t imagine Bill Clinton having someone on staff who abused women. He certainly didn’t hang out with anyone who was a danger to underage women either.

I figured you would try to play the Clinton card but no, when you have pictures of beaten wives, that guy isn't getting through the door. No one else hires this guy, and no one else keeps him on as long as Trump did.
First Page 2 3 ... 139 140 141 ... 142 143 144