ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
First Page 2 3 ... 127 128 129 ... 142 143 144
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2020-07-16 16:23:58
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Happy?
Yes actually! Thank you. I didn't go into that thread figured it was a Biden haven.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-16 22:06:42
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Happy?
Yes actually! Thank you. I didn't go into that thread figured it was a Biden haven.
Its elections WFO.

Want to *** about your local school board election? Fair game!
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-19 16:02:13
Link | Citer | R

Trump Won't Name Forts We Won 'Beautiful World Wars' With After Al Sharpton
Wonkette - trigger warning

Quote:
"We won two world wars. Beautiful world wars. That were vicious and horrible. And we won them out of Fort Bragg, we won them out of all of these forts, and now they want to throw those names away" -- Trump
Beautiful world wars?? /headdesk

Quote:
"Go to that community where Fort Bragg is, in a great state, I love that state, go to the community, say how do you like the idea of renaming Fort Bragg, and then what are we going to name it? Are we gonna name it after Al Sharpton?"
He has no idea where Fort Bragg is or who Bragg was.

Now personally out of all the Confederate generals who have service basses named after them I can see keeping Ft Bragg. But we do have to put the name in context.

General Braxton Bragg did more to loose the war for the south, and win it for the north, than any southern general and most northern generals.

Quote:
Bragg is generally considered among the worst generals of the Civil War. Most of the battles in which he engaged ended in defeat. Bragg was extremely unpopular with both the men and the officers of his command, who criticized him for numerous perceived faults, including poor battlefield strategy, a quick temper, and overzealous discipline. Bragg has a generally poor reputation with historians, though some point towards the failures of Bragg's subordinates, especially Leonidas Polk—a close ally of Jefferson Davis and known enemy of Bragg—as more significant factors in the many Confederate defeats at Bragg's command. The losses which Bragg suffered are cited as principal factors in the ultimate defeat of the Confederacy.
He was a true, if unwitting, hero for the union cause.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-19 16:04:50
Link | Citer | R

Obviously Trump will pull an excuse out of thin air to not do something sensible but really, what do the World Wars have to to do with a Confederate general? How about..we name the bases after American generals that served in the World Wars?
By volkom 2020-07-19 18:28:55
Link | Citer | R

the fort names should be left alone. Many of the forts named after confederate generals is because of reconciliation between the north and the south. To ignore the efforts of citizens in the past to try to be one union again is a shame. It's paramount that we should learn from the past so we can better our future. If we want to continue this cancel culture idealogy, where does it end? Obviously tearing down statues of presidents and abolitionist isn't enough. How about we just straight to the end and rip up the constitution and remake the country or split it up
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-19 19:20:16
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't name a fort after a race baiter either.

I mean, aren't the name changes supposed to take away old "racist" people? Why replace the name with a current racist?
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-07-19 19:35:12
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »
the fort names should be left alone. Many of the forts named after confederate generals is because of reconciliation between the north and the south.

The forts were established prior to the end of the Civil War, and have nothing to do with the Reconstruction Acts of 1867-1868.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-19 19:53:01
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
the fort names should be left alone. Many of the forts named after confederate generals is because of reconciliation between the north and the south.

The forts were established prior to the end of the Civil War, and have nothing to do with the Reconstruction Acts of 1867-1868.

I'm not sure where your information is coming from, but there are currently 10 U.S. Army installations named after Confederates and they were all established in the 1900s around the times of the World Wars.

Camp Beauregard - 1917
Fort Benning - 1918
Fort Bragg - 1918
Fort Gordon - 1941
Fort A.P. Hill - 1940
Fort Hood - 1942
Fort Lee - 1917
Fort Pickett - 1942
Fort Polk - 1941
Fort Rucker - 1942
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-19 20:18:03
Link | Citer | R

Beat me to it Rav, thanks.
No they were not, Yes they did not. Do you not know how to google?

Those forts were named after much lobbying from the DotC in establishing and continuing the mythos of the lost cause.
By Viciouss 2020-07-19 20:20:14
Link | Citer | R

So that basically means volkoms info is also wrong? The names have nothing to do with reconciliation, they were all formed during a World War, so it should be easy to rename them all after World War generals. You know, actual winners.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-19 20:28:04
Link | Citer | R

Seriously. Call em Fort:City they're in/next to.

I couldn't care less if I went to Fort Leonard Wood or Fort number 17 or Fort St. Roberts or Fort Pulaski County. It makes absolutely zero difference.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-19 20:41:25
Link | Citer | R

*** it let's go full corporate. Fort Iphone. Fort Galaxy S10. Fort 1080p. Fort North Face. Fort Twenty Dollar Bill.

The only thing you people care about is your right to buy stuff in the first place. So lean into it.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-19 20:59:07
Link | Citer | R

Ugh, not Fort iPhone. All the equipment there is completely incompatible with equipment from every other fort but costs twice as much.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-19 21:28:31
Link | Citer | R

I am honestly surprised that no one suggested corporate sponsorship to Trump.

I also do not understand why he is running for president of the Confederacy.
By Prong 2020-07-19 21:50:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Seriously. Call em Fort:City they're in/next to.

I couldn't care less if I went to Fort Leonard Wood or Fort number 17 or Fort St. Roberts or Fort Pulaski County. It makes absolutely zero difference.

Right, take down every statue, every name on an institution, from John Wayne to Barack Obama, and just name them in connection with the federal department/city/"learning" institution of which they are most closely affiliated, get it over with. Change every single street name to something like Main or Second or West. End both sides ability to whine about nonsensical crap like names and statues from here on out.

And who in the flying *** thought the career crook and fraud Al Sharpton should be on anything? That guy has never helped anyone but his bank account. He makes Don King look legit.
[+]
By Prong 2020-07-19 21:56:30
Link | Citer | R

And if anyone really wants to see the beginning of the end of a sane society, here's an example of how it truly starts. Make it socially unacceptable to question, then crank up the lunacy to 11.

https://www.elle.com/fashion/a32378796/grillz-fashion-beyonce-lizzo-erykah-badu/?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Now we just need to call Flavor Flav's clocks, "empowering" and bring that ***back.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-19 21:59:07
Link | Citer | R

that is the right answer. no one can complain if everything is unnamed. Everything is so much easier that way.

When I'm drivin through, I go 16 mile 17 mile 18 mile 19 mile 20 mile 21 mile 22 mile. Not, Metro Parkway, wattles, square lake, long lake, hall, auburn, hamilton, avon.

(...well some of you would complain you can't count that high if we go with numbers)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-07-19 22:00:19
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

I'm not sure where your information is coming from, but there are currently 10 U.S. Army installations named after Confederates and they were all established in the 1900s around the times of the World Wars.

Camp Beauregard - 1917
Fort Benning - 1918
Fort Bragg - 1918
Fort Gordon - 1941
Fort A.P. Hill - 1940
Fort Hood - 1942
Fort Lee - 1917
Fort Pickett - 1942
Fort Polk - 1941
Fort Rucker - 1942

Whoooooooosh

Read the comment I was responding to regarding forts from the "reconciliation" aka Reconstruction as it is actually referred to. This can't be that hard.
By Viciouss 2020-07-19 22:01:19
Link | Citer | R

Prong said: »
And who in the flying *** thought the career crook and fraud Al Sharpton should be on anything? That guy has never helped anyone but his bank account. He makes Don King look legit.

That idea came from Trump during his meltdown interview.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-07-19 22:08:35
Link | Citer | R

Beat me to it Rav, thanks.
No they were not, Yes they did not. Do you not know how to google?

Those forts were named after much lobbying from the DotC in establishing and continuing the mythos of the lost cause.

So let me know which forts were named after confederate generals during the reconciliation reconstruction era?
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-19 22:12:34
Link | Citer | R

Camp Beauregard - 1917
Fort Benning - 1918
Fort Bragg - 1918
Fort Gordon - 1941
Fort A.P. Hill - 1940
Fort Hood - 1942
Fort Lee - 1917
Fort Pickett - 1942
Fort Polk - 1941
Fort Rucker - 1942
Whoooooooosh*

Read the comment I was responding to regarding forts from the "reconciliation" aka Reconstruction as it is actually referred to. This can't be that hard.
*Try /blush Nice try at a save.
[+]
By Prong 2020-07-19 22:14:56
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »

Oh so Al Sharpton isn't actually one of the possible name that the bill wanted to change to? Is there a list that they are considering?
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-07-19 22:18:19
Link | Citer | R

Camp Beauregard - 1917
Fort Benning - 1918
Fort Bragg - 1918
Fort Gordon - 1941
Fort A.P. Hill - 1940
Fort Hood - 1942
Fort Lee - 1917
Fort Pickett - 1942
Fort Polk - 1941
Fort Rucker - 1942
Whoooooooosh*

A save at what? I was very specific about the claim of forts needing to be renamed from the reconstruction era. What about that is so difficult for you to understand?
By Viciouss 2020-07-19 22:28:54
Link | Citer | R

Oh so Al Sharpton isn't actually one of the possible name that the bill wanted to change to? Is there a list that they are considering?

As far as I know, there is no list. The Army is exploring name changes, but it hasn't been given a list of names from Congress. Its going to be a decision that's made within the military. Trump just made up the name in an attempt to mock the effort.
By volkom 2020-07-19 22:29:59
Link | Citer | R

So that basically means volkoms info is also wrong? The names have nothing to do with reconciliation, they were all formed during a World War, so it should be easy to rename them all after World War generals. You know, actual winners.

Well its what the general said back in 2015
https://www.latimes.com/nation/ct-army-confederate-soldiers-base-names-20150624-story.html

and everyone's favorite an opinion piece said too
https://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/politics/505688-military-bases-should-not-be-renamed-we-must-move-forward-in-the

other various articles etc~

https://taskandpurpose.com/history/u-s-military-get-confederate-named-bases-anyway

Quote:
Originally, U.S. forts or posts were named primarily for war heroes or prominent figures in American history, as determined by the War Department and the headquarters of the Army. But on many occasions, naming decisions were left up to local commanders; as a result, most installations prior to World War I were named innocuously for whoever the Army district C.O. or neighborhood leaders wanted.
After the war, the Army formalized how it named posts, forts, and installations through a board called the Army Memorialization Board. Governed by Army regulations, this board was charged with ensuring all Army post names met at least one of five criteria. Someone who was so honored would need to be:

“a national hero of absolute preeminence by virtue of high position,
an individual who held a position of high and extensive responsibility (Army and above) and whose death was a result of battle wounds,
an individual who held a position of high and extensive responsibility and whose death was not a result of battle wounds,
an individual who performed an act of heroism or who held a position of high responsibility and whose death was a result of battle wounds, and
an individual who performed an act of heroism or who held a position of high responsibility and whose death was not a result of battle wounds.”
The Army, evidently, concluded each C.S.A. name met at least one of these criteria.

probably safe to assume that there was still animosity back in the early 1900s since the people now in power were the sons/grandsons of those who fought in the war and looked at naming the bases as a means of remembering the past ~ but never know for sure since none of us were there

another good article is this:
http://commonplace.online/article/civil-war-veterans-and-the-limits-of-reconciliation/
which discusses efforts of reconstruction/reconciliation and soldiers of the south and north
Quote:
By the early 1870s, these were the three clear memories of the war: the Lost Cause, Union Cause, and Emancipationist Cause. After federal troops withdrew from the South in 1877, a fourth memory of the war appeared: Reconciliation. In the 1880s and 1890s, a heightened spirit of national reconciliation peaked in the United States. Union and Confederate veterans commenced participating in joint Blue-Gray reunions, while popular magazines such as The Century increasingly valorized the battles and leaders of the war. In the 1890s, extolling the bravery of former foes would reach its zenith at the first national military parks—Chickamauga and Chattanooga, Gettysburg, Antietam, Shiloh, and Vicksburg—created through the joint efforts of Union and Confederate veterans. But when the two groups met at Blue-Gray reunions, they agreed to remain silent on the divisive political issues that had caused the conflict as well as the turmoil of Reconstruction. Instead they commiserated about the severity of camp life and marches while commending each other for their bravery on the field of battle. For Reconciliation to flourish, white northerners and southerners had to reach a compromise predicated upon the exaltation of military experience and the insistence that the causes of the war as well as the postwar consequences, namely Reconstruction, be ignored.
it seems likely that for decades and perhaps generations to come, Americans will continue to grapple with questions of the war’s memory, of what to commemorate and what to condemn.

I can't find anything about this~ please share sources
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-19 22:34:14
Link | Citer | R

Camp Beauregard - 1917
Fort Benning - 1918
Fort Bragg - 1918
Fort Gordon - 1941
Fort A.P. Hill - 1940
Fort Hood - 1942
Fort Lee - 1917
Fort Pickett - 1942
Fort Polk - 1941
Fort Rucker - 1942
Whoooooooosh*

A save at what? I was very specific about the claim of forts needing to be renamed from the reconstruction era. What about that is so difficult for you to understand?

It's reasonable to assume that Volkom is only concerned about the names of forts that actually exist today. Any Confederate-named forts established before the end of the Civil War are long gone, and therefore nobody is trying to change their names.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-07-19 22:36:45
Link | Citer | R

Camp Beauregard - 1917
Fort Benning - 1918
Fort Bragg - 1918
Fort Gordon - 1941
Fort A.P. Hill - 1940
Fort Hood - 1942
Fort Lee - 1917
Fort Pickett - 1942
Fort Polk - 1941
Fort Rucker - 1942
Whoooooooosh*

It's reasonable to assume that Volkom is only concerned about the names of forts that actually exist today. Any Confederate-named forts established before the end of the Civil War are long gone, and therefore nobody is trying to change their names.

Assumption = stupidity, always.
By Prong 2020-07-19 22:37:31
Link | Citer | R

As far as I know, there is no list. The Army is exploring name changes, but it hasn't been given a list of names from Congress. Its going to be a decision that's made within the military. Trump just made up the name in an attempt to mock the effort.

Ah, I didn't see the interview, or any interview, the title of the article Chanti posted just, implied Al Sharpton was mentioned as a possibility and Trump was against it. Though it would not surprise me if it was mentioned as a possibility buy some nutjob hence, my "Operation: Shock & Awe."

It's only a matter of time before they try and rep a Columbus statue with Assata Olugbala Shakur (aka: JoAnne Deborah Byron).
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-19 22:38:41
Link | Citer | R

Camp Beauregard - 1917
Fort Benning - 1918
Fort Bragg - 1918
Fort Gordon - 1941
Fort A.P. Hill - 1940
Fort Hood - 1942
Fort Lee - 1917
Fort Pickett - 1942
Fort Polk - 1941
Fort Rucker - 1942
Whoooooooosh*

Assumption = stupidity, always.

The confusion comes from your narrow interpretation of the general term "reconciliation" to mean the very specific "Reconstruction" when it's fairly clear that that was not implied and doesn't make sense in the context of the forts in question. I guess that connection was your "assumption", and therefore your "stupidity".
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-19 22:41:59
Link | Citer | R

Ah, I didn't see the interview, or any interview, the title of the article Chanti posted just, implied Al Sharpton was mentioned as a possibility and Trump was against it. Though it would not surprise me if it was mentioned as a possibility buy some nutjob hence, my "Operation: Shock & Awe." ...
It was mentioned as a possibility buy some nutjob. The nutjob happens to be our president.
First Page 2 3 ... 127 128 129 ... 142 143 144