ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
First Page 2 3 ... 125 126 127 ... 142 143 144
By Viciouss 2020-07-08 21:08:52
Link | Citer | R

Not just that, the Dems do not think "it would be bad for them politically if schools opened." That said, its not up to Trump no matter how loud he cries about it. Every state will have to make their own decisions and they won't even consider Trump's cries.
 Shiva.Zerowone
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-07-08 21:17:51
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Not just that, the Dems do not think "it would be bad for them politically if schools opened." That said, its not up to Trump no matter how loud he cries about it. Every state will have to make their own decisions and they won't even consider Trump's cries.

It’s double think at it’s finest.

Covid is so deadly that Paul Manafort and Michael Cohen need to be released from prison early but also so benign that we need to put the children of the nation back to school ASAP.

Yet somehow “the Dems...” is all that needs to be said for his supporters to accept it.
By Prong 2020-07-08 21:37:02
Link | Citer | R

When liberals make these ignorant conclusions...

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-tulsa-rally-covid-19-surge_n_5f063886c5b67a80bc024826

Then, scream BLM protests are no risk for spreading Covid, you really should not toss around the term, "double think." That's like Hillary Clinton calling someone a liar.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-08 22:00:46
Link | Citer | R

Prong said: »

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-tulsa-rally-covid-19-surge_n_5f063886c5b67a80bc024826

Then, scream BLM protests are no risk for spreading Covid, you really should not toss around the term, "double think." That's like Hillary Clinton calling someone a liar.

lol, I'm willing to bet every single person living in Tulsa Oklahoma is a conservative, but go on pretending its "the left" making that obvious conclusion.
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-07-08 22:13:11
Link | Citer | R

So according to you double think is everywhere. For the record I’ll toss around whatever term I *** like.
By Prong 2020-07-08 22:25:05
Link | Citer | R

lol, I'm willing to bet every single person living in Tulsa Oklahoma is a conservative, but go on pretending its "the left" making that obvious conclusion.

The source was Huff Post. Unless you live under a rock, you could not POSSIBLY think anything the Huff Post allows to grace their web page is even remotely conservative backed in nature.
By Prong 2020-07-08 22:26:06
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Zerowone said: »

So according to you double think is everywhere. For the record I’ll toss around whatever term I *** like.

Yes, you can. As I an anyone with common sense can continue to point out your ridiculous hypocrisy for doing so. So don't get too bent.
By Viciouss 2020-07-08 22:42:30
Link | Citer | R

The source was Huff Post. Unless you live under a rock, you could not POSSIBLY think anything the Huff Post allows to grace their web page is even remotely conservative backed in nature.

Its an AP article, published on multiple websites. You can see right there on the first line: Oklahoma City (AP). You just wanted to link the HuffPo one.
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-07-08 22:58:55
Link | Citer | R

Yes, you can. As I an anyone with common sense can continue to point out your ridiculous hypocrisy for doing so. So don't get too bent.

So you’re just wasting your time. The whole pointing out hypocrisy game has been played out since 2016. In Trumps America, hypocrisy is the norm.

But you seem pretty bent all the time dude. Maybe oh I don’t know get a broad or maybe a job.
By Prong 2020-07-08 23:33:05
Link | Citer | R

Its an AP article, published on multiple websites. You can see right there on the first line: Oklahoma City (AP). You just wanted to link the HuffPo one.

Huff Post allowed it passed their portal. They don't do that to anything pro-conservative. The original is irrelevant to my point.
By Prong 2020-07-08 23:35:28
Link | Citer | R

But you seem pretty bent all the time dude. Maybe oh I don’t know get a broad or maybe a job.

Wow, really? I share a little info because someone asked me a question and you go right for the shaming and say I have a temper?

You are a true example of what a complete POS a liberal can be online when not having to deal with face to face consequences of being an *** to someone else.

I was joking in the first place, sorry you take this all so seriously. But, GFY.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-09 10:57:15
Link | Citer | R

Twitler having a full blown meltdown on this taxes ***
By Viciouss 2020-07-09 10:58:38
Link | Citer | R

He does seem to be pretty upset, but its his own fault.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-09 11:02:33
Link | Citer | R

Edit: Oh, the Supreme Court ruling.

Yeah, it was a weak case, the President only has power over the Federal Government, not the individual states. So, NY asking for NY tax returns and financials is valid, but then again, they should have it already.....

Sad thing is, they are one of the few states that place taxes on "foreign" income (aka tax on income outside of the state, after certain deductions). Which is one of the reasons why most interstate commerce do not register in New York (most register in Delaware).
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-07-09 12:25:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Edit: Oh, the Supreme Court ruling.

Yeah, it was a weak case, the President only has power over the Federal Government, not the individual states. So, NY asking for NY tax returns and financials is valid, but then again, they should have it already.....

Sad thing is, they are one of the few states that place taxes on "foreign" income (aka tax on income outside of the state, after certain deductions). Which is one of the reasons why most interstate commerce do not register in New York (most register in Delaware).

Yeah they all but guaranteed it wouldn't be solved before the election, which I think was their purpose on the ruling.

These are obvious tactics by the Democrats to selectively "leak" documents during the 2020 election. If the New York Democrat prosecutors get the documents, first thing their gonna do is send a copy to the Washington Post for leaking. Same with the Democrats in the House, very first thing Schiff or Peloski will do is send a copy to, again, the Washington Post to be leaked via "unnamed official sources".

Supreme Court didn't want to declare global immunity as that would apply to all future Presidents, neither did they want to declare the Democrats can take whatever they want whenever they want. Instead they said the PoTUS doesn't have absolute immunity, while also saying that the lower courts didn't hear sufficient evidence to support forcing the documents. Now it's gonna go back to the lower courts to hear "new arguments", which will likely take a few months. The Democrat Judges will side with the Democrats, again, and it'll be sent back to the Supreme Court, which won't be able to hear it until next year, post election. By then it won't matter anymore as the Democrats can't then use the "leaked" documents to try to swing votes in their favor.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-07-09 13:07:57
Link | Citer | R

Thing to remember about all this is that Democrats are notorious for Forum Shopping. There is a reason virtually all anti-Trump / anti-Conservative cases are filed in area's where the 9th Circuit or 2nd Circuit has jurisdiction with the occasional one filed in the 4th Circuit. The 9th and 2nd have been packed with Liberal Judges due to the "blue slip" practice where both Senators of a state would approve or disapprove of a Judicial nominee. California and New York have been super Democrat for awhile, guaranteeing that the States Senators would only approve blue slips for Democrat Judges. Didn't matter which President nominated a Judge if the Senate wouldn't approve without a blue slip. Obama used this to pack the traditionally balanced 4th Circuit and turned it into another 9th. Trump then started nominating Republican Judges to the 4th, while McConnell has tossed aside the blue slip role and had them approved.

Basically the Democrats brought this on themselves by exclusively filing suits in the districts they had blue slipped to be Democrat controlled. From a judges point of view, they know who butters their bread and won't risk going against the people who will approve their next promotion. The "blue slip" policy really turned the Judiciary into an arm of the Legislative and was a terrible idea to begin with.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-07-09 14:13:04
Link | Citer | R

So who's taking bets on how the "Ghislaine Maxwell" situation will turn out?

The Democrats can't have her suicided like they did Epstein, would be way too conspicuous.

My bet is that they covertly offer her some sort of reduction / future pardon / ect.. if she "remembers" seeing something about Trump in time for the November 2020 election. I mean she's under pre-trial detection in the middle of a Democrat controlled city and Democrat controlled state. Wouldn't be too hard to have party loyal investigators "misremember" notes and so forth.
By Viciouss 2020-07-09 14:39:00
Link | Citer | R

I liked how Fox News cut Trump out of the photograph of the 3 of them smiling at the camera. The hoops that people like Saevel have jumped through to tie Epstein to the Dems while completely ignoring his friendship with Trump have been entertaining to say the least. They were all in it together, so people that believe it is just going to entangle one side and not the other, especially when one side has a guy on the ballot, and the other doesn't, are delusional.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-09 15:09:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
The Democrats can't have her suicided like they did Epstein, would be way too conspicuous.
The media will stop talking about her, people will forget she exists, then she will stop existing.

Kindof like Ted Kennedy's passenger. Some people here will deny that she ever existed.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-07-09 15:55:04
Link | Citer | R

The media will stop talking about her, people will forget she exists, then she will stop existing.

Kindof like Ted Kennedy's passenger. Some people here will deny that she ever existed.

Yeah but she'll still be interviewed, uncomfortable questions being asked and that whole court thing. Not to mention the handful of Conservative outlets will still be there to tell whatever she squaks.

The Democrats can't make news entirely disappear, yet, they can just manipulate and spin it's direction.

Direct testimony from those under prosecution is always considered unreliable at best, outright lies at worst. The danger isn't in her saying she witnessed some high level Democrat doing bad things, it's in her detailing flight numbers, bank accounts, how money moved and so forth. This provides interested parties the bread crumbs they need to start really digging into something and uncover long buried skeletons. It's those things that cause the nightmare Democrats worry about. They can always get CNN, ABC, MSNBC, CBS and so forth to just bury a story, not like they haven't done that before. They can get false "anonymous leaked by official sources" and put it all over the TV. Hell they can even disappear federal charges for the right price. What they can't change is the election results, no matter how many ballet boxes they stuff.
By Viciouss 2020-07-09 16:08:35
Link | Citer | R

There goes that pretending only one party is involved, like clockwork.
By volkom 2020-07-09 16:10:58
Link | Citer | R

is this real?

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/u-supreme-court-deems-half-140750114.html

Quote:
WASHINGTON, July 9 (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court on Thursday recognized about half of Oklahoma as Native American reservation land and overturned a tribe member's rape conviction because the location where the crime was committed should have been considered outside the reach of state criminal law.

can't wait for most of the states to lose territory and all the law suits to ensue
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-09 16:23:06
Link | Citer | R

Yes it's real, the Supreme Court ruled the government has to keep it's promise and honor it's treaties with the Creek nation, unless Congress chooses to take the land back, which it hasn't. Fortunately, we don't have a lot of other such obligations with other tribes. Unfortunately, a lot of criminals bare about to get new trials in Oklahoma.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-07-09 16:43:42
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »
is this real?

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/u-supreme-court-deems-half-140750114.html

Quote:
WASHINGTON, July 9 (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court on Thursday recognized about half of Oklahoma as Native American reservation land and overturned a tribe member's rape conviction because the location where the crime was committed should have been considered outside the reach of state criminal law.

can't wait for most of the states to lose territory and all the law suits to ensue

Let me see if I can get the actual ruling with associated wording and explanations. Some financial reporter paraphrasing rulings and then other people generously interpreting that paraphrasing always leads to confusion and misinformation.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-07-09 16:55:16
Link | Citer | R

Ok got the ruling

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/19pdf/18-9526_9okb.pdf

Quote:
The Major Crimes Act (MCA) provides that, within “the Indian country,”
“[a]ny Indian who commits” certain enumerated offenses “shall be subject to the same law and penalties as all other persons committing any
of [those] offenses, within the exclusive jurisdiction of the United
States.” 18 U. S. C. §1153(a). “Indian country” includes “all land
within the limits of any Indian reservation under the jurisdiction of
the United States Government.” §1151. Petitioner Jimcy McGirt was
convicted by an Oklahoma state court of three serious sexual offenses.
He unsuccessfully argued in state postconviction proceedings that the
State lacked jurisdiction to prosecute him because he is an enrolled
member of the Seminole Nation and his crimes took place on the Creek
Reservation. He seeks a new trial, which, he contends, must take place
in federal court.

Quote:
For MCA purposes, land reserved for the Creek Nation since the
19th century remains “Indian country.” Pp. 3–42.
(a) Congress established a reservation for the Creek Nation. An
1833 Treaty fixed borders for a “permanent home to the whole Creek
Nation of Indians,” 7 Stat. 418, and promised that the United States
would “grant a patent, in fee simple, to the Creek nation of Indians for
the [assigned] land” to continue “so long as they shall exist as a nation,
and continue to occupy the country hereby assigned to them,” id., at
419. The patent formally issued in 1852.
Though the early treaties did not refer to the Creek lands as a “reservation,” similar language in treaties from the same era has been held
sufficient to create a reservation, see, e.g., Menominee Tribe v. United
States, 391 U. S. 404, 405, and later Acts of Congress—referring to the
“Creek reservation”—leave no room for doubt, see, e.g., 17 Stat. 626.
In addition, an 1856 Treaty promised that “no portion” of Creek lands
“would ever be embraced or included within, or annexed to, any Territory or State,” 11 Stat. 700, and that the Creeks would have the “unrestricted right of self-government,” with “full jurisdiction” over enrolled Tribe members and their property, id., at 704. Pp. 3–6.

Sorry on the formatting, I'm taking this directly out of the ruling without paraphrasing or rewording it.

The summary of finding by the vile Trump Appointed non-Judge Gorsuch

Quote:
On the far end of the Trail of Tears was a promise. Forced
to leave their ancestral lands in Georgia and Alabama, the
Creek Nation received assurances that their new lands in
the West would be secure forever. In exchange for ceding
“all their land, East of the Mississippi river,” the U. S. government agreed by treaty that “[t]he Creek country west of
the Mississippi shall be solemnly guarantied to the Creek
Indians.” Treaty With the Creeks, Arts. I, XIV, Mar. 24,
1832, 7 Stat. 366, 368 (1832 Treaty). Both parties settled
on boundary lines for a new and “permanent home to the
whole Creek nation,” located in what is now Oklahoma.
Treaty With the Creeks, preamble, Feb. 14, 1833, 7 Stat.
418 (1833 Treaty). The government further promised that
“[no] State or Territory [shall] ever have a right to pass laws
for the government of such Indians, but they shall be allowed to govern themselves.” 1832 Treaty, Art. XIV, 7 Stat.
Today we are asked whether the land these treaties
promised remains an Indian reservation for purposes of federal criminal law. Because Congress has not said otherwise, we hold the government to its word

Basically Congress once promised that specific land to the members of that specific tribe that the defendant is a certified member of. Oklahoma becoming a state does not dissolve that promise, Congress failing to act on that promise doesn't dissolve it either. Therefor that land is still, for criminal jurisdiction purposes, still treated as a reservation until Congress does something about it.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-09 18:22:10
Link | Citer | R

I find it hilarious that after all that fearmongering on the Left about Trump’s court picks, there are a lot of rulings lately that appeal to both sides of the aisle. Funny how when you care about the law more than your political leanings, you occasionally make rulings that are unpopular with your side. For all their fanfare, you don’t see Sotomayor or Ginsburg breaking ties on the side of those dastardly conservatives.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-07-09 19:10:15
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I find it hilarious that after all that fearmongering on the Left about Trump’s court picks, there are a lot of rulings lately that appeal to both sides of the aisle. Funny how when you care about the law more than your political leanings, you occasionally make rulings that are unpopular with your side. For all their fanfare, you don’t see Sotomayor or Ginsburg breaking ties on the side of those dastardly conservatives.

Yes I'm happy that President Trump chose very moderate Judges who are textualists.

I mean they flat out said in the ruling that this is because Congress made a legally binding treaty, then later ignored that agreement and never passed a bill or otherwise took action to remediate the preexistence of that agreement.

Quote:
Today we are asked whether the land these treaties
promised remains an Indian reservation for purposes of federal criminal law. Because Congress has not said otherwise, we hold the government to its word.

Congress can just vote on a bill that says "nope that agreement no longer holds since Oklahoma became a state".

Or in other words, if someone support the removal of DACA for being "unconstitutional" then they must also support this ruling. Otherwise it's just people cheering for their own sports team.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-09 19:25:57
Link | Citer | R

Otherwise it's just people cheering for their own sports team.
Wait, didn't you just describe 95% of political debate?
[+]
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2020-07-09 19:53:11
Link | Citer | R

Otherwise it's just people cheering for their own sports team.
Wait, didn't you just describe 95% of political debate?

What's the other 5%? Commercials?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 125 126 127 ... 142 143 144