That Impeachment Thing....

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » That impeachment thing....
That impeachment thing....
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 60 61 62
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-12-03 22:13:53
Link | Citer | R

Don't tell me you're still holding onto hope, Chanti. You know he's not leaving office over this. I feel like you're just reading things that reinforce your desire to keep the dream alive and it's probably not healthy.
[+]
By Eboneezer 2019-12-04 00:13:19
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Trump impeachment evidence overwhelming - House report
BBC

With a REALLY detailed explanation of how impeachment works and why it maters.

I hope this article isn't serious. Again, this is why it's nice that much of the inquiry happened in public because none of the stuff in the article had testimony to support it, only against it.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-12-04 06:12:11
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
Yes. So much harm.

*Looks at economy, unemployment rate, tax rate, etc.*

*Puts on blindfold*

So much harm.

The economy. The Unemployment Rate. These things have been improving for quite some time, well before Trump took office. Are you saying it has gotten better under Trump at a higher exponential rate? Well, statistics show otherwise. The growth hasn't improved under Trump, it's merely remained the same. How is this a defense in the impeachment inquiry? Even if there is some evidence that he improved the economy, or reduced unemployment...that doesn't absolve him from treason and bribery.

Thank you. So many people don’t realize that this is a free country with a free economy. The president has little to no power to effect this so work being good isn’t to his/her credit.

Trump came out here to the PA Cracker Plant and tried to take credit for the job... when it broke ground a year and a half before before he took office... hmmmmmmmm

So much whoosh in these two replies.

But you're not a frequent poster in here unlike the Boy Who Cried Treason so I'll give you a chance.

Can any President take 100% of the credit (or the blame) for the state of the economy? Of course not. But business and other taxpayer friendly policies can certainly encourage growth, and they have. But if you dig deeper than Captain Quotewrong's post, you'll see why I brought those things up to begin with.

Derogatory name-calling severely weakens your argument, how about we return to the subject of impeachment? The point I made was that regardless of the current state of the economy, that in itself is not a defense to Trump's impending impeachment.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-12-04 06:21:37
Link | Citer | R

BBC

Sums things up quite nicely...and from the passage below it's going to be difficult for Trump to throw Giuliani under the bus, but no doubt he'll try at some point.

Quote:
"The telecommunications company AT&T provided committee investigators with Rudy Giuliani's mobile phone records - and those records shed new light on the timing and breadth the communications Donald Trump's personal lawyer had with the White House.

Starting in April of this year, Giuliani had multiple phone conversations with numbers listed for the White House and, in particular, the Office of Management and Budget - the government agency ultimately responsible for putting a hold on the congressionally authorised US military aid to Ukraine.

While the details of these communications aren't known, their simple existence undercuts the contention of some presidential defenders that Giuliani was operating independently of senior administration officials."
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-12-04 06:25:00
Link | Citer | R

Don't tell me you're still holding onto hope, Chanti. You know he's not leaving office over this. I feel like you're just reading things that reinforce your desire to keep the dream alive and it's probably not healthy.

Her health is not your concern, but I do agree that the Senate will most likely not remove Trump from office. There are too many party-over-county Republicans that will side with Trump no matter what he did.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-04 07:45:02
Link | Citer | R

BBC

Umm no it's not, I read most of it and Jesus that was an annoying read.

Seriously stop listening to paid talking heads, do your own research. That "report" and I use that word very loosely, was just Schiff's staff writing his thoughts onto paper. There is no evidence, it's just people's feelings, or should we bring up phonegate again? No one, at any point in time, could ever, not once, bring up anything the observed the President doing directly that was remotely illegal or even moderately wrong. Yet they all "felt" something was wrong.

Which makes sense when we remember that Democrats think words are violence and feelings are evidence.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-12-04 09:13:18
Link | Citer | R

lol, here we go with the Biden conspiracies again. The fabricated "Biden corruption" is going nowhere, no one is investigating, no evidence of any wrongdoing has been brought forward, it hasn't affected his campaign at all. And that must really hurt Giulani's feelings, knowing he is under criminal investigation and his entire scheme turned up nothing.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2019-12-04 09:18:20
Link | Citer | R

Its been nice to see some Republican senators standing up and shooting down the "Ukraine meddled in the 2016 election" conspiracy that Team Trump has revived. That has been investigated to death and it was still Russia, not Ukraine.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-12-04 09:38:39
Link | Citer | R

You will never convince them otherwise Kirrek. Vic and Shiroi can absolutely NOT see any differing points of view outside their own narrative. I myself have commented about some of Trumps actions before as not right or he shouldn't have done. These guys 100% could never say a bad word about a dem.

Sad actually.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-12-04 09:42:50
Link | Citer | R

kireek said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Biden is corrupt, his son is corrupt. Him running (this is probably why he is running in his mentally deficient state actually) does not make him untouchable.

Ok listen, let's say Biden is actually corrupt. I don't know for sure but let's assume he is to show how weak your point is.

There are proper procedures for this kind of situation, but it's definitely not the path Trump took. You could say: "Oh but Trump isn't a conventional president", sure that's fine, but yet the only action Trump took about it was to ask Ukraine, a foreign nation, to publicly announce an investigation into the Bidens. I'm not even going to get into the quid pro quo part, because it doesn't matter in this argument.

We don't need to say it, he said it.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Yes yes, we have seen this video many times, and guess what? It was fact checked and ruled false. Biden's version of events did not happen. He is puffing up himself too much. So if Biden's account is wrong, the entire Biden corruption conspiracy theory goes down in flames.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-12-04 09:43:35
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »
You will never convince them otherwise Kirrek.

Try using actual evidence for once.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-04 09:45:40
Link | Citer | R

Democrats would of and have done far far worse but you would never know because the media would not call them on it when they did and it would never leak, they love them some democrats and would never call them on anything.

Oh you mean like burying a story about a child rape island with connections to prominent Democrats?

Yeah the media is pretty one sided, has been for awhile it's just they no longer even try hiding it anymore. Paid talking heads on TV just tell Democrats and their supporters what to think, and they think it without question.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-12-04 09:49:11
Link | Citer | R

Look, we know how this will play out.

95% odds the house will impeach and the senate will not convict.

But we can enjoy the show nonetheless. /popcorn

BTW:

Fact-checking House Republicans’ impeachment report defending Trump on Ukraine
Politifact
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-04 09:50:38
Link | Citer | R

Why did Trump ask Ukraine to announce an investigations into a US citizen?

He didn't.

But I wouldn't fault you much for thinking he did, after all those people on TV told you to think that.

President Trump asked the Ukraine head of state to investigate potential corruption with a well known firm and made an announcement that it was doing so.

This isn't illegal or even slightly wrong, it's actually the right thing to do. That firm has a history of corrupt activities that involved members of *both* parties. Politicians being corrupt isn't anything new and it happens on both sides.

Now can you stop interfering with the 2020 Presidential Elections, why is Canada trying to subvert the Democratic process of the USA?
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-12-04 09:50:50
Link | Citer | R

This is what makes this such a sham... If you cannot see this you are mentally challenged.

Quote:
And he is not shy about what he thinks of Mr. Trump’s policies. For example, he does not think the president has the constitutional authority to engage in a this-for-that deal with a foreign country

We literally do this every damn day regardless of party affiliation... Do you think we give Millions of dollars to foreign countries and not expect something from them?? Every single thing you give someone is in exchange for something. We give you $200mil and for that we expect this..or you do this.. It has been that way since the dawn of time.

Quote:
Harvard Law School Professor Noah Feldman, who claims to specialize in constitutional studies, told The New Yorker in an article published in May 2017 that Congress could vote to impeach the president without evidence justifying a “high crime and misdemeanor” constitutionally required for presidential impeachment and removal.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-12-04 09:52:34
Link | Citer | R

Sorry I didn't state this is about Noah Feldman. Quoted from NY Times
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-04 09:56:41
Link | Citer | R

BTW:

Politifact

There is a case that the house will just vote to censor, because it's the politically convenient and safe solution. If they vote to impeach, along party lines, then the Senate, under the control of the Republicans, can then call their own "witness's" and that starts to get problematic for the Democrats. They can call Eric Ciaramella and all those other "witness's" to testify ~without~ Schiff to run interference. Hell they could call Schiff himself to testify as Schiff was involved with Eric Ciaramella before Eric signed the documents that Schiff's staff wrote. This would be a disaster for the Democrats, even with their Media Industrial Complex running propaganda they won't be able to color it enough to keep the stink off.

This is why you don't try to use Impeachment as a political weapon, the Republicans found out the hard way and I guess it's time for the Democrats to learn it too.
By Viciouss 2019-12-04 09:56:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Why did Trump ask Ukraine to announce an investigations into a US citizen?

He didn't.

Yes he did. Trump asked the Ukraine President to go on live tv and announce an investigation into the Bidens. Giulani helped with the script. It was supposed to be on CNN. This has been corroborated by many witnesses.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-04 09:57:55
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »
This is what makes this such a sham... If you cannot see this you are mentally challenged.

The talking heads on TV told them it was ok, so it must be ok.

1984 is already here.
By Viciouss 2019-12-04 09:58:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

BTW:

Politifact

There is a case that the house will just vote to censor, because it's the politically convenient and safe solution. If they vote to impeach, along party lines, then the Senate, under the control of the Republicans, can then call their own "witness's" and that starts to get problematic for the Democrats. They can call Eric Ciaramella and all those other "witness's" to testify ~without~ Schiff to run interference. Hell they could call Schiff himself to testify as Schiff was involved with Eric Ciaramella before Eric signed the documents that Schiff's staff wrote. This would be a disaster for the Democrats, even with their Media Industrial Complex running propaganda they won't be able to color it enough to keep the stink off.

This is why you don't try to use Impeachment as a political weapon, the Republicans found out the hard way and I guess it's time for the Democrats to learn it too.

Yeah, and the Democrats can call their own witnesses in the Senate. People like Mulvaney, Bolton, Pompeo, Perry, and above all, President Trump. People that are actually relevant to the case. It would be a disaster for the Republicans. Can't wait.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 60 61 62